MOS182

Remove Kamenka As Respawn Point

122 members have voted

1. 1. Should Kamenka be removed as a respawn point?

• Yes
    • No

Basically, I think Kamenka should be removed as a respawn point, it is probably the worst place to spawn and any time I spawn there I jump off the bridge and have to wait 10min for my character to bleed out. I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who hates Kamenka?

• Like 1

No. Spawn points vary around the coast. You may not like Kamenka but others who have base camps and supplies around there like it

...again another one who thinks Kamenka is the worst place to spawn? I'd rather remove spawns near Elektro and Cherno because they are more a reason for new players to come here and cry about how they got shot in less than 3 secs after spawning...

Edited by Enforcer

I can agree with the fact that it should be taken out, because I know (me being one of them), people suicide when spawning there.

However, if you're gonna take out one spawn, you should really be replacing it with some other location. Maybe somewhere along the East Coast?

I dunno. That's my 2 cents.

• Like 2

Hell yeah Kamenka is my favorite. Hit the town for any quick loot, nice deerstands to pass through on the way north to Zelen... there is your supermarket to pick up anything your still missing.... next stop NWAF.

I don't think any spawns should be removed. Least of all the "out of town" areas.

I personally prefer spawning away from the larger settlements because I'm more likely to explore a bit before I decide what to do,

If anything, the spawn locations should be more random.

It would increase the initial disorientation a bit, which adds to the experience.

At the very least it would give us a little variety.

Why not just give us the option to pick where we spawn? Some may have the intentions of heading north so would spawn in Kamenka while others like myself rather spawn in Balota/ Cherno/ Electro so we can get some good gear quickly.

• Like 1

There's a set of six deer stands on the way North to Zelenogorsk to grab supplies. It's danger free and gets you on your way up North easily. What's the problem?

• Like 1

I forgot to add earlier that Kamenka is an awesome spawn point. Its the last place on the map people would look for a camp or tent. I have a tent roughly 200 meters away from the furthest spawn point on quite a few servers and it has never been found. Why you ask... because people never look in that direction. They either travel East to the cities or travel North along Deer-Stand road or rage quit and jump off the bridge...

I dont mind Kamenka personally, but if it were substituted for something, hows this for an idea.

You spawn in into a hospital.

Premise being you "woke up in an abandoned hospital with no memory of how you got there" sort of thing?

It could be a rare spawn, so it doesnt happen all the time.

Could be a good alternative?

• Like 1

You'd rather spend 10 minutes bleeding out then spend 10 minutes running to zelenogorsk? Cause you hit zelenogorsk you can get all the kit you need out of the supermarket to make a run at Starry or the Airfield. You know this is a survival game right?

Edited by sp86
  • Like 1

hi,

Kamenka isn't too bad spawning point. If you know a bit the island, there's at least 6-8 deer stands if you follow the northern road. If you are lucky you have a fairly good gear in less than 30min.

cya.

Nikiller.

There really should be an option to spawn people 1000 meters up with a deployed chute, then they can land anywhere in glide distance. Plus it would add a fun game for bandits, see who can shoot the most bambis out of the sky.

Basically, I think Kamenka should be removed as a respawn point, it is probably the worst place to spawn and any time I spawn there I jump off the bridge and have to wait 10min for my character to bleed out. I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who hates Kamenka?

wahhh wahhh i want easymode..

DayZ isnt supposed to hold ur hand and make life easy..

perahps if u accepted ur Kamenka spawn and used that life productively you'd be surprized what adventures await you..

instead of simply respawning and hoping for Electro.

• Like 4

If anything, the spawn locations should be more random.

It would increase the initial disorientation a bit, which adds to the experience.

At the very least it would give us a little variety.

here i actually disagree, people who live in the area would have some kind of idea of where they are.

Edit: i don't think Kamenka spawning should be removed though, i kinda like trying to get to zelenogorsk, once i encountered a hacker claiming he was the protector of Pavlovo, making me give back the one can of pepsi that i had looted.

Edited by radivmoe
  • Like 1

I love it. I seriously get sad when I spawn far east at for example Quarry, it's not close to anything "big", Elektro far west and Berenzino far north and of course the useless NEAF even farther north.

I'd take Kamenka over anything.

Kamenka is one of my favourite spawns as you can pick up lots of good gear without risking the sniper alleys of Cherno and Elektro.

Kamenka spawn is great if you want to head up to NW/Starry.