griffinz

Interview with Matthew Lightfoot

Guess I was right then hey Fraggle?

Cheers Frags for your quality moderation..lmao..

Are you going to start playing nice?

As the only Lady (if theres others you hid it well) on the conversation she got her points across well. You tube is full of passing through village idiots, the only good thing about Youtube is funny videos, nothing else.

And besides being the only Lady I pictured her looking good whipping the boys into shape, the negative comments were from Jealous school kids perving. Sula we need a picture of you for the just seen rocket thread. (And you too Orlok, I havent forgotten about you)

• Like 1

Interesting, very interesting. I haven't had time until now to watch it and I'm glad I watched it other than not. A lot of my qustions were answered.

Hello, I'm new to the forums but not to dayz.

One question I would like to ask is, will the tents be in game SA and if yes are they working now.

Thanks.

Tents will probably be in SA, almost 100% I would say. It makes sense that tents exist, even in a cold country. And tents already work.

Hello, I'm new to the forums but not to dayz.

One question I would like to ask is, will the tents be in game SA and if yes are they working now.

Thanks.

I would think so, the tents seem to be fixed to an extent in the Mod but i am almost sure they will be in SA and won't have the same problems as before!

Why did I not ask that question in the interview ?

I don't recall any real info about tents in SA DayZ.

• Like 1

Why did I not ask that question in the interview ?

I don't recall any real info about tents in SA DayZ.

No one mentioned equipment storage at all.... so many questions yet to be answered!!

Guess I was right then hey Fraggle?

Cheers Frags for your quality moderation..lmao..

Gimme a shout if you ever intend to make one constructive post that's on topic, until then bore off.

• Like 4

what Document?

Q: Are they infected or zombies? Will there be a variety of zombies?

A: They are infected, Deans brother (a virologist) prepared us a 12 page document on what the possible disease could be and it's awesome, reading that was like reading a prequel to 28 days later. As for different types of zombies we have considered the longer a zombie has been around the weaker it becomes, longer since it's eaten the weaker it becomes and things like that to add variety.

If tent storage is removed or nerfed supermuch in the standalone I'll be very happy!

Hi gents,

Would it be possible to set up another Q + A with eithe Matt or Rocket? If so could you set up another forum thread where the forum members ask the questions? Say, 1 post 1 question in that thread as it were, no more no less?

Then pick the best 20 or most popular questions in the thread to ask?

Might need to ask more questions than 20 though!!! :)

We're talking about doing it again using forum members questions but bear in mind that testing is just around the corner which means much more info will become available.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

I think Rocket and Bohemia's decision here is pretty obvious.

1. Sell beta access to whichever 100 people will pay the most for it.
  2. Use the revenue generated to hire a crack team of macho deadly mercenaries to rescue Ivan and Martin from their evil greek captors
  3. Churn out standalone faster with their help of the freed devs
  4. PROFIT

• Like 1

@Stalker In The Trees

SurvivOrs My Prey.

Since your sig is so big. ;)

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 1

Great interview. Content-wise I am a little bit disappointed.

Like stuff that I would consider extremely basic and therefore important to fix before the initial alpha release aren't coming till later. This includes

1) Zombie AI [and more different types of Zombies]

2) Walking down/up hills and stairs behaviour

3) Indoor walking behaviour / moving around corners => Currently it's simply shit

4) Player skeleton => Please fix before release. Getting killed by doors... srsly, that's not something that should be postponed.

All these things I consider basic, because that is stuff everyone has to deal with by the first minute of gameplay and thus jugdes the quality of improvements made based on what they experience the most.

I agree with this comment however i am a bit disappointed that this hasn't been looked at and answered. It was brought up at page 7 then 9 and yet every time it is brought up and someone agrees with it no one discusses it and just continues on with there own conversation. Is there a reason that this hasn't been discussed yet or am i missing something? He first posted this on page two.

Edited by keosan24

I agree with this comment however i am a bit disappointed that this hasn't been looked at and answered. It was brought up at page 7 then 9 and yet every time it is brought up and someone agrees with it no one discusses it and just continues on with there own conversation. Is there a reason that this hasn't been discussed yet or am i missing something? He first posted this on page two.

See Rockets answer to the zombie AI, the same can be applied to all of these essentially, that is;

For the development we decided to start with the riskiest prospects - i.e. the major sweeping architectural changes such as an entirely new inventory and object interaction system, an entirely new multiplayer framework (server/client). It is true, currently we haven't really looked at the zombie mechanics at all aside from:

1. Improving the animations

2. Redoing the models for performance improvements (quite drastic improvement on low-end cards)

Why?!?!? Because we know we can make the zombie AI better. We want to get all the tough things out of the way first. Will report back on this further when we have started the rework on the zombie AI.

To manage expectations further... it is probably going to take many months of patching and experimentation to get the zombies something at the acceptable point. Acceptable being "zombies are a serious threat to players". For the sake of example, Ondrej Spanel (lead BIS programmer) and others have still been patching ArmA2:OA AI in recent weeks, many years after the product was released. The AI will be revamped for this release, but then patched again and again to improve further. Zombie behavior is the weakest part of standalone right now, but it's also the least risk for us - because it's been done before in the engine in other projects.

Thanks For The Link.

Damn man - so far all of your posts have been saying thanks, I wouldn't have said anything but I just took my normal stroll around the forums and I keep bumping into you saying... thanks.

Please fix your signature its killing me now I've seen it in like 6 other posts alone tonight!

ON TOPIC

I'm kind of worried about the zombie AI to be truthful they don't sound like they've got as much love as they should have so far. I mean I know he said they'd get attention, and that they run in doors - I just hope they don't zigazag any more, and they don't hit us through walls.

Another thing that has me worried lately is he posted on twitter I believe something about fixing a weapon error - they now fire in the right direction... hah

You closed testers are gonna have your freakin' hands full.

Edited by FinKone

See Rockets answer to the zombie AI, the same can be applied to all of these essentially, that is;

well thats true however why not just fix the zombie AI and include it in the initial release if it is something that is easier then what they are currently doing? However i am curious to see how zombies have improved without a AI rework