rocket

Devblog update: Where is the Standalone?

FOR THE LAST TIME, TESTERS HAVE ALREADY BEEN CHOSEN.

I don't understand what you are trying to say!

I said second wave lol... didn't see a direct response to my first post (in fairness I also didn't read every post, I'm pretty tied up on the weekends with keeping hackers at bay on the public server)...

I'm super meticulous, and will literally spend 8hrs a day getting in and out of vehicles if that's what you need tested... just saying... This is a pretty brief window I have to offer up my services... it seems like it's meant to be lol. Lost my job in the middle of getting obsessed with the game (not related)... I worked in a very high stress high demand atmosphere where screw ups are not tolerated. I have a great work ethic and am incredibly passionate about this game.

Even after the SA release, or right now with the Mod, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to contribute to the DayZ team in ANY way I can (well no man love but almost anyway).

Actually I'm more dedicated to the Mod since I know and love it, if there is anything I can do please let me know.

FFS mate. read my last post please.

So with your 6000+ posts, how many do you think were you repeating yourself?

At least 5000. 3000 are telling people to contact Battleye and 2000 are telling people this is a free mod. 500 are pointless memes and the rest are pure nuggets of wisdom. 1 was an awesome Karate Kid video.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 9

So with your 6000+ posts, how many do you think were you repeating yourself?

How many of your 19 posts were useless? From my 800, at least the 70%, before you ask.

Edited by Sutinen

FOR THE LAST TIME, TESTERS HAVE ALREADY BEEN CHOSEN.

Nice set-up though.

I see my invite got lost in the mail.

trollolololol

just kidding you know i lurve you fraggle baby

• Like 1

At least 5000. 3000 are telling people to contact Battleye and 2000 are telling people this is a free mod. 500 are pointless memes and the rest are pure nuggets of wisdom. 1 was an awesome Karate Kid video.

i seem to remember an a team clip too

:blush:

Anyhoo, let's talk about the SA and all of this exciting news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

There is a limit. We need more info! :P

Ok you start, what exciting news do you know and we don't :P

If anyone gets a chance, ask Rocket or MattLightfoot if clothing impacts inventory space. For example, kick ass cargo pants adding two slots. :D

I don't think they would, I mean current clothing doesn't unless you are holding them rather than wearing them.

How many of your 19 posts were useless? From my 800, at least the 70%, before you ask.

And all of mine, but am getting better :P

Ok you start, what exciting news do you know and we don't :P

Honestly, literally nothing. You guy's have access to all of the info now. When we did that interview with Matt Lightfoot, it was originally going to be a closed meeting but we decided to turn it into a Q&A session and make it public so that you guy's knew everything that we did :)

If anyone gets a chance, ask Rocket or MattLightfoot if clothing impacts inventory space. For example, kick ass cargo pants adding two slots. :D

I'd imagine it does. Matt said that with the new inventory, items now take up specific spaces in the inventory slots. I guess they could make cargo pants take up 2 slots for example where as a heavy coat or something more substantial could use 3 or 4.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

Honestly, literally nothing. You guy's have access to all of the info now. When we did that interview with Matt Lightfoot, it was originally going to be a closed meeting but we decided to turn it into a Q&A session and make it public so that you guy's new everything that we did :)

And we thank you for it. I mean most of the questions and answers were good. I understand why they can't deliever too much info, as some people see it as a promise then sulk and moan when the certain thing they talked about can't be added.

I like day z the way it is now, yes I would like to see a buddy/squad system added to the game anything else is just a bonus.

Fraggle i think what he ment was for it to add 2 spaces to the inventory :)

Edited by Michno
  • Like 2

Oh, your right. Hmmm, I honestly have no idea, I'll ask though.

• Like 1

Also could you ask him if the new weather system is gonna have the same effect on fps? i can usually get around 60 fps, but when it starts raining i drop down to around 20+

I think we'll have to wait for testing to check out all of that. If you want a good idea though you should try the Take On Helicopters Demo (or by the full game, it's good). It's free, uses the same base engine, and the weather system and heli sim elements from that are being ported into the SA. It's a good chance to learn to fly the helis properly before the SA release too.

Edited by Fraggle

Yeah Fraggle if you know or can ask. Is the Day z mod FPS locked at 60 FPS as I have two machines one with a 7950 and the other with a 7970 both have i7 cpu and both have 32GB of ramm and on both machines I can't get higher than 60 fps and have tried different settings. If it is locked are they going to lock the SA as well?

Edited by -seraphine-

I do not belive it is but try turning V sync off.

I know i'm not fraggle.

R U DIZZY BLAD! (Fraggle will get it, most Brits will, although I don't talk anything like that in real life.) I've been patiently waiting for the SA well about as patient as everyone else anyway :P I'm not gonna jump on Take on helis because when the SA comes out I want it to be a new experience all together to make it feel right. Having cargo pants hold 2 slots is a good idea though, you could have 2 extra slots for mags or bandages, it could always come in handy, you could do the same things with tactical vests and stuff too if you worked this. I'm sure the Devs have the same ideas we all do, but I guess it's what they can and want to put it at release and slowly add bits as they go along with updates. I know I for one cannot wait to finally play the SA, I just wish we knew when the closed tests was so we can all get ready to watch the streams xD

Edited by Toxiclegend