rocket

Devblog update: Where is the Standalone?

I hope the stressors of this project are not weighing too heavily on you, Rocket. I wish you the best in this new year.

Anyone having dreams of DayZ release?, had another strange one last night where everything was much more cartoon and there was a character customization i was like a bald angry guy, and me and some random got stuck in a melee fist fight with zombies. we both died in like 20secs!

was awesome then i woke up, and in my paranoia thought i must be missing out on all the fun, get on the forums to no avail...like every other night.

*edit* I CANNOT WAIT GDFJGIOSMSD!!?*..

Edited by Ovation

@Ovation

Yeah, i actually did have a dream about DayZ SA last night. I had a very real seeming dream that rocket got on twitter and said that he and the team had decided to release the standalone as a surprise. Much to my dismay when I woke up and checked the forums, I realized it really was a dream.

TL;DR

IT REALLY WAS A DREAM, DONT START ANY RUMORS!

Haha.

I can't wait for this... I have a question : I took Arma 2 CO in last promotion of steam... like 2 weeks ago, the Standalone for me will be free?

Lol, no. Please read this thread properly as this was already discussed a few pages ago... You have purchased Arma2 to play a free mod that is DayZ. If you choose not to enjoy Arma2, the game that you purchased then that is up to you. The DayZ SA will be a separate game so when/if you buy it you will then own 2 games. Arma2 and DayZ SA.

Edited by Fraggle

Soxter, Can I ask you something?

The last time you bought a Call of Duty game, Did you get battlefield for free? Nope. Same rule applies here.

Two Different Games, Are sold seperately.

• Like 1

The last time you bought a Call of Duty game, Did you get battlefield for free? Nope. Same rule applies here.

just a note on your bad analogy, call of duty doesnt normally come with an avaiable battlefield mod from the makers of battlefield. all while making a barely known call of duty get top sales worldwide because of the battlefield mod. maybe now you can also see how that was a bad analogy.

i know its hard to grasp the concept i previously presented but its in the details.

i havent found anything about zombie animations on the stand alone, will they be revamped upon release? and out of curiosity, is there a way to insert new animations in the mod for the zombies?

Edited by white

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand back on topic before this horse get's completely flogged to death.

Check out 1.04, epic.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

Sooooooo when does this closed testing start anyway?

its more like half life + counter strike mod (arma2 + dayz mod) and counter strike source/global offensive (dayz standalone).

On topic...on topic...him...man feel like i keep throwing out conversation starters and get the same responses "will darshZ give meh free warshZ?

"wills i runs this game? if not then i sue!"

"how do i get into beta?"

okay.. anyway I got one!

Since DayZ standalone is now under an MMO arch type, how many players you think would be a suitable amount per server?

100? or 400? or somewhere in between?

Also..

How much freedom should admins have on player limits per server? "like could a server have a limit of 5 people on he's server?, Gear up then move to a big one?"

Edited by Ovation

Lol, don't make me paranoid, I'm sure they'd tell me, wouldn't they?

You'll know when we're testing because the forums will fill up with pointless memes and people asking for a free copy of the SA because they've already bought Arma :/

You mean that's not started yet, the memes and asking for a free copy?!?

Yep, the top 500 sexiest people have been asked to test it out.

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 3

This obviously can't be true if I wasn't invited.

• Like 1

This obviously can't be true if I wasn't invited.

I think you were listed as 502 - so close. Work on that Blue Steel look.

• Like 3

Goddamn it! Top 501 here. :(

• Like 1

Don't worry, Demon only made it in due to equal opportunity laws in Australia.

• Like 3

1000! :D

Now there is no way I can't get invited. :rolleyes:

Edited by BeastOverlord