rocket

Devblog update: Where is the Standalone?

what about all the hackers/ hacking how will this be takled .. as it is they seem to be able to do what they want when they want .. it would be a shame cos it looks fantastic .. great job

You should read the link at the start of the thread before posting. :P

Well I just hope they will do a lot of work on engine optimizations. I had a lot of FPS troubles with my 2.6 GHz dual core. Graphic Card was fine though. Can't wait to see.

Run a demo of Take on Helicopters. I can assume that the performance of DayZ SA is going to be close to this. They might have gutted it - but they are also adding a lot of other things... like... poop (... literally, they are adding poop from what Rockets tweets are saying...)

I've literally just been playing TOH, it's good fun. I'm looking forward to the weather being used in the SA. Windy days will literally be able to stop helis flying if they keep the mechanics the same.

I've literally just been playing TOH, it's good fun. I'm looking forward to the weather being used in the SA. Windy days will literally be able to stop helis flying if they keep the mechanics the same.

Would the wind effect sniping also?

• Like 1

Only time will tell, should be any-day now. How excite are you?

Lol, I'm pretty excited to try it but I'm not expecting to wake up and find a key in my inbox, otherwise I'll go insane. I'm just hoping we don't have to wait another couple of weeks but if we do then so be it.

Lol, I'm pretty excited to try it but I'm not expecting to wake up and find a key in my inbox.

Yeah it's not like there is a need to worry about that...

yes it would make you some-what insane *twitch*

Edited by Ovation

You obviously have never seen my new spawn ninja tactics. Spawn, find hatchet, run to Electro sniper hill. Bury hatchet in sniper, grab gear and run.

CopycatZ!! B)

I hope they don't make heli's too hard to fly. They are supposed to be an endgame item and they should be a superior vehicle than things that are easier to find. If helicopters are so difficult that you are more likely to die and lose all your end-game level gear to weather and underpracticed pilots than if you just ran through every city between point A and Point B, then helicopters become stupid.

Nerfing of helos should be in upkeep. Helos need a lot of upkeep to maintain and repairs aren't anywhere near as easy as the game makes it out to be (who the fuck can carry a main rotor assembly anyway). A well-kept helicopter should be one of the most sought after items in the SA, end of discussion.

I hope they don't make heli's too hard to fly. They are supposed to be an endgame item and they should be a superior vehicle than things that are easier to find. If helicopters are so difficult that you are more likely to die and lose all your end-game level gear to weather and underpracticed pilots than if you just ran through every city between point A and Point B, then helicopters become stupid.

Nerfing of helos should be in upkeep. Helos need a lot of upkeep to maintain and repairs aren't anywhere near as easy as the game makes it out to be (who the fuck can carry a main rotor assembly anyway). A well-kept helicopter should be one of the most sought after items in the SA, end of discussion.

its pretty easy to maintain if you play with friends, playing by yourself you will have a hard time trying to o keep it for long on a crowded server.

Edited by white

its pretty easy to maintain if you play with friends, playing by yourself you will have a hard time trying to o keep it for long on a crowded server.

So you've played the standalone already?

I'm talking about the standalone if you didn't get that yet.

everything in the SA is going to be more hard and challenging...I don't think flying helicopters will be an exception....

• Like 3

They're not really supposed to be an end game item at all. They are just something else on the map that you can choose to take advantage of if you want to spend the time doing so, frankly the more skill required to use them the better. You're going to be dissapointed with the SA if you're not expecting it to be harder in general.

• Like 4

How cool would it be if items had weight to them along with square usage due to their size. Heavy items would SIGNIFICANTLY slow you down and weight adds up. You would not only have to worry about space but how much your items start to weigh and the effect it has on your movement. Maybe allow a player to carry a tire but they would have to actaully carry it which means you wouldn't have a weapon in your hands. It may be taking it too far but personally, I would be all for it.

Main rotor assemblies and other big objects would still be allowed to be carried but it would be safer and more efficient to toss it in the back of a pick up or something.

Edited by Lights Out

on rocket twitter:

"Survivor GameZ on this saturday! Apparently trailer is out soon... exciting!"

he talk about dayz?

Edited by yoskeleton

on rocket twitter:

"Survivor GameZ on this saturday! Apparently trailer is out soon... exciting!"

he talk about dayz?

Yeah, Survivor GameZ is a Hunger Games like game streamed online.

And it's pretty interesting to watch it !

EDIT : http://survivorgamez.com/

Edited by TNTantoine

Things I'm anticipating the most...

1. Realistic Loot Placement - This will change how we look at looting and will push looting from a silly "pile" system, to something that makes sense... and boosts immersion.

2. More enterable buildings - Expect radical changes in many regards with this addition. Players will have to adjust how they go through towns and will reduce the reliance on supermarkets. Furthermore, it makes it so that -every- town is significant. From Petrovka to Olsha, these types of small villages will now be viable places to loot, secure, and live. It'll also add value to other larger cities and create more nooks and crannies to be and hide in to mix up player vs. player combat.

3. Clothing - Something I've been wanting for a long time. The ability to customize the look of your character, as well as the capabilities will be a game-changer in my book. It'll make high-end equipment more valuable as well as make lower end equipment valuable as well by allowing the player to mix and match equipment to suit his/her capabilities.

4. Revamped Zombies - Pathing, damage, animations, variety. Will help boost immersion as well as make for a more appropriate experience with zombies. Will make zombies a more concerning threat and help shift the focus away from wanton PvP.

5. Survival Systems - Disease, Hunting, Cooking, Specific Injuries. All systems which will take up a player's time and energy in order to survive, rather than having an easily exploitable system that allows the player to do whatever whenever while virtually ignoring the survival aspect of the game.

• Like 4

5. Survival Systems - Disease, Hunting, Cooking, Specific Injuries. All systems which will take up a player's time and energy in order to survive, rather than having an easily exploitable system that allows the player to do whatever whenever while virtually ignoring the survival aspect of the game.

And pooping.

If I step in human-poop in this game I`m going to effin report that crap.

Edit: And I add, if I am forced too poop i this game - and that means that they forget to implement toiletpaper beacuse it is "too much realism" I WILL DOWNLOAD THE FIRST MOD THAT MAKES YOUR CHAR WALK FUNNY FOR NOT WIPING

Edited by Sleepwalk
  • Like 2