Sign in to follow this  
Freshling

Best Place To Build a Camp|

Hey Guys,

i play on a private server and want to build a base with tents to store my vehicles and Gear, but i have an issue.

I have been currently storing stuff on the edges off the map, this current one in Kamenka area. on the FAR edges off the map and the issue is its

just not practical, its Too far away to be able to reach without having to spend an hour running to it if i need to..

so my question is.

Where do you guys like to build bases, where i can guarantee it will be secure, or give tips on places i should be confident i could hide stuff.

-Doug

I recommend using your car as a base, move it everday before you logg off. Because noplace is safe.

And it's quite usefull to, i do it, and i haven't lost the car yet.

• Like 1

It's impossible to guarantee your camp's safety on a server that has even one other player playing in it with you.

And even if I was to tell you which spots in which maps were safe, people would start checking those areas more often.

• Like 2

North of Berezino is a crashed boat on the coast. I've had 2 cars there for over a week now, with no problems. My new favorite spot.

• Like 1

I just build small camps, and lots of them... No where is safe.

this is a good advice, i tend to place camps in hell holes, like small towns with few loot spots, and where you'll spawn only a couple of infected when you are checking your tent.

i like also vergers in berezino area, the trees prevent people to spot the tent in the distance and if you don't crouch walk you cannot see it also from a small distance.

i've also found a lot of lonely tents in those ruins you can find, some with no loot and some with a couple of spots.

I recommend using your car as a base, move it everday before you logg off. Because noplace is safe.

And it's quite usefull to, i do it, and i haven't lost the car yet.

He said it all....have a mobile base rather than camps

Everytime I find a chopper, first thing I do is fly across the north and west ends of the map.

Tents are vehicles can be spotted real easy this way and I dont think anywhere on the map is 'safe'.

Its the reason I dont make bases anymore, which is a pitty because that's the only thing which gives purpose to the game.

The big plus in Panthera is the fact that a lot of structures and compounds can be closed down with tanktraps and wirekits in a way that its hard to get in.

I had a lot of tents there which were never discovered/stolen in a period of 2 months.

• Like 2

Two things I think of, a place where nobody has a reason to be, and a place where it is hidden, you can find them clusters of Yellowy bushes and they are good to hide things in. Just avoid main paths between the main cities, Elektro, Cherno, Berezino, Stary/Novy, NWAF and NEAF

There is no "guaranteed" safe base. Best bet is picking a low occupied server (for main Hive) in an obscure location for gear. I rarely, if ever, leave my vehicles close to my tents either, its too tempting for a player to find your vehicle, take all your good stuff and drive over your tent(s) then you lose everything.

I tend to dot cams and vehicles around the map in random places that arent likely to see people on foot pass through, then you only ever lose small quantities of items at a time. Mind you I tend to play more on our Taviana server and it's a bit better (as it's bigger and has better terrain) for having camps.

Me and my friend have one at the borders of the map with about 15 rifles and haven't gotten robbed yet so the out skirts of the map are good.

(long term storage)

Edited by billytalent231

I'm proud to say on my current server (dayz plus) with a healthy population 10 to 20 during day 10-5 during night has not been raided, its really because many people think building bases up north and along the borders is good it's not,

tbh no point in making camps

keep the gear needed on you and travel fast and silently

• Like 1

The best place would be somewhere that hasn't been mentioned in this thread, and that place would suck as soon as someone mentions it in this thread.

• Like 4

I keep my tents in an obvious place (not really obvious like in a field)...sometimes it works best as no one expects them there so no one bothers checking for tents/vehicles. I've had 3 tents near to the NWAF (within 300 metres) for a month on a public server and no one has found them yet!

Edited by Nitro DayZ

tbh no point in making camps

keep the gear needed on you and travel fast and silently

I use this practice as well. If for some reason I do have a vehicle i rarely store anything I cant live without in it. Always keep whats needed on me. Bases are only useful when sharing between a group of friends.

• Like 1

under the bridges on the coast, especially near kamenka, as noone ever walks there... we also had a camp with 8 tents in the western part of the forest next to the small lake called Prud in the north of Stary Sobor, which was never discovered as most people go straight for the NWAF after looting Stary (or the other way around) and mostly ignore the area. it also has a lot of pine trees to hide tents in. i sometimes had difficulties to find it by myself ^^

I like to put a few tents within fairly easy reach of the spawn points. I don't store much in them. Some extra hunting knives, matches, and maybe some extra pistols and ammo.

Just the basic necessities for a new spawn. I find that if I can get to one of these tents and pick up a knife and matches, I can stay inland a bit and hunt and scavenge until I am a bit better equipped to show may face in more dangerous areas.

Plus, if somebody finds my tent and swipes my gear... It isn't the end of the world.

If you want to find a decent hiding spot, look on your map for a forested/sheltered area, and make sure it's not on a straight-line route between any two settlements.

That way you can be reasonably sure (but not certain) that nobody has any reason to be travelling through that area.

The other method is the "too obvious for anyone to consider looking there" method.

Just set up a tent in the back garden of any random house.

Your camp is never going to be "safe", but that's just the nature of the beast.

There is no "guaranteed" safe base. Best bet is picking a low occupied server (for main Hive) in an obscure location for gear. I rarely, if ever, leave my vehicles close to my tents either, its too tempting for a player to find your vehicle, take all your good stuff and drive over your tent(s) then you lose everything.

Another good reason to keep them seperate is that there are cheats that allow a cheater to see all the vehicle markers on the map, but there is no marker for tents.

I used to think that all my camps were mint spots, then I realized it was because we were on a build where tents were broken and would always have the same loot back when the server resets. =P

Seriously though, there are some great spots out there, you just need to be creative. I once had a mission to get a tent setup in a major city/town and not have it found for at least a week. I had this tent up with a motor bike and a bike hidden for 2 weeks before the motor bike and some NVGs went missing. Mission acocmplished. Now I generally don't bother and just try to set tents up on the peers with full geart inside for some lucky rat to find.

I swear to god I think tents are more rare than AS50s. I can never seem to find them. If I actually found a tent, maybe I'd pick inside some random small building along the road. Or maybe just outside of Kamenka. Everyone seems to try to get the heck out of there as soon as they can.