griffinz

DayZ Standalone Discussion

Awesome just logged in to and the glory of the Blog post!

How do i get onto the closed test?

Edited by Izex

If you shoot a player in the head to take his night vision, you will damage the night vision. The changes to this inventory system are huge.

So sick!

I'm disappointed about Chernarus largely staying the same, I wanted more cities and stuff. I understand for some retarded reason that the two map makers are in prison, but surely they can get a Laptop and develop from there? Not like they're doing anything else.

Do not mean to nit pick but why the pictures and not a short demo via youtube?

Sounds good but kind of fear that it might be too complex for it's own good I.E too many balancing issues may make a few things very vital while others not worth bothering.

Seriously,

If I ever catch one of ya dudes running up to me in your boxers, 'Imma %^$& you up'!

I'm disappointed about Chernarus largely staying the same, I wanted more cities and stuff. I understand for some retarded reason that the two map makers are in prison, but surely they can get a Laptop and develop from there? Not like they're doing anything else.

Hang on...you want them...whilst in prison. To grab a laptop and map make? Mkay.
  • Like 2

dafuq?~ it is getting changed big time bro...

You are right, lazyness is not an excuse.

• Like 1

You have to keep in mind that while we won't have new cities or towns, we will have a slew of new enterable buildings.. how many of them will actually be enterable remains to be seen but I feel like that alone will add a whole new dynamic to the game that we haven't yet seen. Smaller, previously (mostly) useless towns will become hubs of possibilities for low-tier players due to the item spawn possibilities being much higher. That change will not only open up the map more than it already is but the functionality will promote more players to venture past the 6 main hubs you see today... With that I hope to see a higher player cap since players will be more spread out as well.

Edited by Cdrive

I understand for some retarded reason that the two map makers are in prison, but surely they can get a Laptop and develop from there? Not like they're doing anything else.

Yes, I'm sure the Greek government has no issue handing out laptops to prisoners accused of espionage...

Just hope that their case is resolved as soon as possible, so they can get back home.

My money is on 4-6 months until standalone release.

Edited by Lazaruz

I have a feeling there is months more of development work ahead - the upcomming arch-play-test is going to probably expose weeks of additional work, bug-fixing and tweaks. I think we should brace ourselves (if not already) that there is I'm going to guess, 3-6 more months before we see SA. Take it with a grain of salt, but as a software engineer I've seen it happen time and time again - software takes a long time.