griffinz

DayZ Standalone Discussion

I waited eagerly for another project to be done once. Waited two long years until it was finally cancelled. That was a fun day

\

same with my sister, waited 9 months then it got canceld. lmao just kidding she's alive.

Rocket has just made a post here: http://dayzmod.com/f...s/#entry1093353

Please read it and try not to harass the guy, as he said in his post, all the info you want is on the way, let him get back to the offices first and then we can harass him ;)

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

Lol, well he's on the other side of the planet and then there's jet-lag to contend with.

Rocket has just made a post here: http://dayzmod.com/f...s/#entry1093353

Please read it and try not to harass the guy, as he said in his post, all the info you want is on the way, let him get back to the offices first and then we can harass him ;)

Confirming this is far more than what I requested and I completely understand the situation. And I am VERY happy to hear that DayZ continues.

So yes for those who were saying it would not be so. I am teh satisfied with the answer! And thank rocket for the update.

I am also quite looking forward to purchasing two copies.

'told ya so :)

One thing has me grinning though. Once SA hits the market it is going to absolutely DESTROY the tiny remaining WarZ sales. And that idiot Titov can't complain because SA has been in the works far before his POS was announced.

So yes now that I know development continues I do hope they will announce no dates and add as much and debug as they feel they can before public alpha must start for bug hunting.

I think the one thing Rocket has always been clear on is that he wants the initial release to be as stable as possible and to have enough new content so that people that bought Arma to play the mod don't feel ripped off (hence the delays). The main focus is to release a stable foundation that the sexy new stuff can be added to. BIS have guaranteed him at least 12 months of development support after the initial release to get things perfect, and knowing BIS they'll continue to support it for a lot longer than that.

Edited by Fraggle

Well, it's not really an announcement :rolleyes:

Still, kudos to Rocket for making a stand.

Think of it as a pre-announcement just to let us know everything's ok and no one has died :)

Well, it's not really an announcement :rolleyes:

Still, kudos to Rocket for making a stand.

and so it begins...

Hello there

Yes, I'm a grumpy, grumpy person :)

*squeezy hugs*

L

The SA is gonna write history when it is released.

Quote me on that one too.

Done... That's a much bigger claim than your first, you may be in over your head there mate :P

• Like 1

And with one post peace is restored (for now).

Yep i have been a flamy bastard and have been quite negative, but im cured now i know its still coming.

• Like 1

Lost service from my ISP for 15 hours and this happen, coincidence?

I think not.

Yep i have been a flamy bastard and have been quite negative, but im cured now i know its still coming.

Nothing wrong with being critical, it's what keeps the devs on their toes and drives them forward.