griffinz

DayZ Standalone Discussion

the mod came out of nowhere, there was no community, no forums, no nothing.

Just let the devs get on with making a great game and stop diverting their attention, their time and their resources by clamouring like demented paparazzi for 'updates' and demanding to feel some ethereal connection with the 'team'.

Not ethereal at all. I'm talking about rocket used to listen to people, answer their questions etc. That was nice to see, because the community was willing to help devs in making a great mod (it was time when the SA wasn't even thought of). They read bug reports, suggestions and answering some questions, sometimes even starting discussions with the players.

I don't know you so maybe you thought of some kind of magic.

We're not paparazzis, we're potential customers. It's still important for many people to know that devs think of them and make the game FOR THEM, not for their own pleasure. They have little obligations, but they still should do them. Of course, if rocket doesn't want his game to be successful - let him do what he wants and don't give a damn about people in here.

He missed the deadline, while he had given so much promises... Nobody needs deep excuses and bowing - just a couple words like "We missed, but we don't surrender. While it was impossible, it helped us to advance further. We will keep you all updated". THAT IS ENOUGH.

Chill out you rocket fanboy.

• Like 1

Any chance at all we could purchase a hard copy of the game? Thoughts?

Negative, at least not initially.

The plan is to release it on Steam first, but there might be an option for the most hardcore fanboys to throw extra money at the team, by buying special edition versions, probably with highrezz pictures of Matt in drag or some Ray Bay aviator shades with Rocket's signature, specially designed to sit slightly crooked on your nose.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 4

Not ethereal at all. I'm talking about rocket used to listen to people, answer their questions etc. That was nice to see, because the community was willing to help devs in making a great mod (it was time when the SA wasn't even thought of). They read bug reports, suggestions and answering some questions, sometimes even starting discussions with the players.

I don't know you so maybe you thought of some kind of magic.

We're not paparazzis, we're potential customers. It's still important for many people to know that devs think of them and make the game FOR THEM, not for their own pleasure. They have little obligations, but they still should do them. Of course, if rocket doesn't want his game to be successful - let him do what he wants and don't give a damn about people in here.

He missed the deadline, while he had given so much promises... Nobody needs deep excuses and bowing - just a couple words like "We missed, but we don't surrender. While it was impossible, it helped us to advance further. We will keep you all updated". THAT IS ENOUGH.

Chill out you rocket fanboy.

we do agree i assume, since we are on this forum and chatting like this, that Dayzmod is awesome? flawed yes, but a genuine, bonafide genius game.

Well Rocket made it for 'his pleasure' not for customers, most of the best tings in life are created for the creators pleasure. In fact once the creators lose sight of that vision and start thinking about the customers things often seem to go horribly wrong.

Rocket and the dev team owe you nothing, you paid for arma2 you got arma2 and dayzmod, you will pay for the SA you will get the SA, simple economics.

I say let them do their thing at their own pace, let them create a game that they want to play and hope, like dayzmod, that it turns out to be something we all want to play too.

Hello there

Whilst trains might be fun, would a "survivor" be able to repair/fuel/run a locomotive? I have issues suspending my disbelief with our A-Team skills as it is.

Saying that though, It would be interesting to see.

Rgds

LoK

The idea is not to repair trains but subways stations to be explored, but I think it would look better on a map based on a large city in U.S.A or E.U

aitd-subway-tunnel.jpg

Flooded_subway_Murder.jpg

monsters-in-subway.jpg

flickr-2912866849-image.jpg

tumblr_md4015MNWU1rwcvg2o1_1280.jpg

Edited by vacalouca

we do agree i assume, since we are on this forum and chatting like this, that Dayzmod is awesome? flawed yes, but a genuine, bonafide genius game.

Well Rocket made it for 'his pleasure' not for customers, most of the best tings in life are created for the creators pleasure. In fact once the creators lose sight of that vision and start thinking about the customers things often seem to go horribly wrong.

Rocket and the dev team owe you nothing, you paid for arma2 you got arma2 and dayzmod, you will pay for the SA you will get the SA, simple economics.

I say let them do their thing at their own pace, let them create a game that they want to play and hope, like dayzmod, that it turns out to be something we all want to play too.

I haven't said that they MUST do something. You are right, I have paid nothing for the SA. But I said that if rocket doesn't want success, he may feel free to don't give a damn about us.

He develops the game the right way, here I agree too. I'm talking about poorness of rocket's community interaction system.

A message to everybody. Stop defending rocket. In Russia we have a good proverb: "If you called urself a mushroom - get into the basket." He is a human, right, but we are too. He knew what kind of shit he is coming into, so all this storm now is a logical ending of his announcements. He did some wrong steps, not in developing but in announcing things. Though he and the team deserves respect for their work.

Not any kind of order but my IMHO.

• Like 2

I haven't said that they MUST do something. You are right, I have paid nothing for the SA. But I said that if rocket doesn't want success, he may feel free to don't give a damn about us.

He develops the game the right way, here I agree too. I'm talking about poorness of rocket's community interaction system.

A message to everybody. Stop defending rocket. In Russia we have a good proverb: "If you called urself a mushroom - get into the basket." He is a human, right, but we are too. He knew what kind of shit he is coming into, so all this storm now is a logical ending of his announcements. He did some wrong steps, not in developing but in announcing things. Though he and the team deserves respect for their work.

Not any kind of order but my IMHO.

he made some mistakes? don't we all?

What is this obsession with announcements? just get on with your life, play a little dayzmod and one day you will hear from another player that there is an exciting buzz going round about the SA, you can then log into this forum or twitter or whatever and hear the only announcement that really matters....

'..... are pleased to announce that the DayzSA will be available to purchase on steam from 12 pm tomorrow'.

Edited by wabbit

Hello there

I remember a time before the mass useage of bbs' and the internet as a whole, when to find out about new games one either bought a monthly magazine or one browsed through a shops goods and was pleasantly surprised to see a different new and shiny box.

I think a couple of weeks absence over the holidays isn't too long at all in reality.

Yes, in the cut and thrust of today's marketplace it is usual to have a dev spouting off every few mins on twitter or facebook, but we do know that R is not your run of the mill dev. Perhaps this is a deliberate ploy? Perhaps he has just got bigger things on his plate to worry about than appeasing a few folk with some tidbits of info?

Who knows?

I just wish we could move on from this and discuss the blimmin' SA itself.

Again, I also would like some further info, I'm a nosey beggar, but I'm also fairly patient.

The info will come when it comes.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Well my CD key is in fact stolen already though :(

It's a different game using a different anti cheat system why on earth would you have the same CD key for 2 games.

When new changelogs are posted for the Mod, does it mean that these changes will be part of the Standalone as well? Has the development for the Mod/SA diverged completely or are they both downstream of the same source?

Edited by emlow

I can hardly belive that the support for the mod will continue a lot when the SA is out. Since both are working on different engines and all.

So it's very likely that the support for the Mod will die at some point or will be run seperatly.

When new changelogs are posted for the Mod, does it mean that these changes will be part of the Standalone as well? Has the development for the Mod/SA diverged completely or are they both downstream of the same source?

They'll continue to be developed but will probably divert at different tangents. You can do different things with one and different things with the other, due to the limitations and restrictions that are in place, especially within the DayZ mod.

Rocket once spoke of designing 'underground' in DayZ standalone, planning out instances that wouldn't be as harsh on resources, and where people could set up instanced camps/missions etc. I don't think you'll see that in the mod any time soon, for example.

Also, as Rocket has said, and as you can imagine, their time and effort will be solely devoted to the standalone upon release, in order to get it stable and brilliant. Updates will still be released for the mod, but their attention will be mainly fixed on standalone updates and content. A mod is a mod, whereas a standalone game deserves far more work and attention. Everyone should really understand and accept that.

Edited by Mr Mouse
  • Like 1

Exactly, if everyone read your post they would know why most of us are upset. ROCKET missed his own Deadline, then for a man that is on every Social Media Site, reddit, facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, he doesnt even say . Sorry Guys we missed the Date, Working hard, will explain soon . Hey that's cool with me, SIMPLE, no problem at all. Do your best and enjoy your break.

But instead let's bury our head in the Sand and dont say a word

I fucking hate the way you type. You capitalize random words that don't need to be capitalized.

• Like 3

They are/will be completely separate things. The mod will continue to be developed by community devs, the SA will/is being developed by Rocket/BIS.

• Like 3

As Frag's says they will both fork off into different builds...

I wish some folk i know would fork off as well.

L

• Like 4

I can hardly belive that the support for the mod will continue a lot when the SA is out. Since both are working on different engines and all.

So it's very likely that the support for the Mod will die at some point or will be run seperatly.

I cant see that happening to be fair. People are only just beginning to crack the lid on how customizable arma 2 is! I honestly believe that the community will come up with a few more wacky versions that ppl will like.

• Like 1

I have it on good authority we will hear something this weekend, You can Quote me on that!

Realize I will never forgive you if you're wrong. <3

• Like 6

HI IM NEW, WHEN SA IS RELEASE?

Nobody knows. Within the next month or two would be lovely.

• Like 1

I have it on good authority we will hear something this weekend, You can Quote me on that!

Okay!

HI IM NEW, WHEN SA IS RELEASE?

Best first post ever.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 8

Best first post ever.

if indeed it *is* a first ever post....

• Like 2

Whilst trains might be fun, would a "survivor" be able to repair/fuel/run a locomotive? I have issues suspending my disbelief with our A-Team skills as it is.

Saying that though, It would be interesting to see.

To be fair, if we're capable of repairing a helicopter...

I think if they were to introduce a train and rails system into the game the map would need to be a lot larger then it is now, and maybe even have cities in the northern and western areas' so that there would be a purpose for using it to transport people/goods. Would make for interesting youtube videos on clan-established servers. "Group of friends satchel carges cargo train".

• Like 1

they should introduce an award for having a hero skin. it would be THE FUCKING A-TEAM VAN.

with the orange stripe.

fuckyeah

• Like 3