Sign in to follow this  
gstyle1988@gmail.com

[L85]Am I bannable?

Just came back to DayZ after 3 mounths without playing to find my L85 removed from the game. Logged back to random server to see my sweet L85 is still my main weapon. I'm not here to discuss the measure (I aked the exact same thing in "suggestion" section long time ago), really.

But am I going to be banned or not if I carry my "once upon a time, this thing was legit, I swear!!!!" weapon? Because finding a good weapon to replace it (a nice Mk48 f.e.) will take time.

• Like 1

think it depends on server admin..not sure..heard all different stories

found hacked weapon on body -> banned

forced to get in hacked vehicle, "get in or die" -> banned

teleported around by a hacker like he was friend -> banned

are they true ? dunno..just what i have heard of happening

What did happen when the thermal As50 was removed from the game? It seems like the situation is the same.

It was never "in" the game. It was hacked in, but not an actual spawn.

Actually Rage once upon a time, I believe it was. When I first started to play I seem to remember they patched it out... Could be wrong I am an old feller!

It was never "in" the game. It was hacked in, but not an actual spawn.

In the early days it was an extremely rare spawn. It is possible, albeit very unlikely, that there are some legitimate ones floating around

It is possible, albeit very unlikely, that there are some legitimate ones floating around

But hey, the day I see someone with this weapon. I'll assume he hacked it in. No matter what.

I made my choice. I'll bury my L85 in the woods, after a brief ceremony with its closest relatives. I think I'll search for a M4A3 CCO after that for lessening my pain.

Edited by Mouchoirsky

i've had one now for about 5 weeks, no problem using it all, though it still produces about as much tears as the poster above..

Could look at scripting a server check - disallowed items versus player inventory upon login.

(Item X found in inventory)

Server to player - Disallowed item X found in your inventory please dispose of X responsibly.

(Upon item use)

Server to player - You used disallowed item X - (instant death) You have died.

Then if possible script the body to be hidden so item cannot be retrieved.

i've had one now for about 5 weeks, no problem using it all, though it still produces about as much tears as the poster above..

Because it now gives you even more of an advantage.

Oh well, I guess when I lose it, thats fair enough. If they are taken out completely in 1.7.5 I expect it to be replaced by which ever variant they intend to use replacing it in my backpack, until then it's my go to gun for hunting..

it wasn't removed from the game. just the loot tables. no more new spawns of it. i have one on me as well. no problems.

My mate got banned for 30 minutes from some server because he still had one as well.

In the early days it was an extremely rare spawn. It is possible, albeit very unlikely, that there are some legitimate ones floating around

It was stated a while ago that no legit AS50 TWSes are in existence; whether this is a educated guess or they were actually tracked is debatable.

Keep it your fine on public wont get a ban, in the private sector I can say our server we track in the databse of all the ones left in game that are legit. I think our last count was down to three left in server its almost become a Mountain dew type item when someone actually sees the guy with it or heres about it in ts he is forced to run for his life because everyone wants the golden ticket.

Hamburger and fries, I expect you to name names. I'll be on Ts / BB tomorrow and Saturday. ;)

They will do it themselves as two of the three are bandits and live for the challenge. The uk/us dont have any on them as the databases for the servers were started on the 7.4 so you wont see them there we will attach as many foil parts to your pc as possible to get it enough juice to ping your way in to AUS.

• Like 1

It was stated a while ago that no legit AS50 TWSes are in existence; whether this is a educated guess or they were actually tracked is debatable.

just saying that the as50 tws was once legit in a very very early version I think it was back in version 437 and prior versions after then I think it stopped spawning

That is so cool :thumbsup: you've "grandfathered" the weapon.

Only if the admins on the server in question are retarded i.e. they see a hacker doing stuff and just ban everyone who shows up in the script log without giving it any critical thought.