Inception.

What are the three things you want to be in Standalone?

hi,

Not in particular order:

- I want dismemberment, more gore.

- Better animations/collisions (should be improved with physX)

- Game modability. Possibility to create islands, units, vehicles (later when hacking will be reduced)

- Mission editor (later when hacking will be reduced)

- Possibility to run your private dedicated server.

- Increase game difficulty.

- Better loot placement. Not just laying on the ground but in houses furnitures (beds, tables, lockers...)

- I would like to be able to buy the game from BIS store.

That's all I can thought ATM.

Modability and mission editor are very important features for me. It will considerably increase the game lifetime.

EDIT: OUPS I just read the title and it was 3 things only.

cya.

Nikiller.

Edited by Nikiller
  • Like 1

Inception I realize you are new here, but please use the search function and please don't make new threads, when one already exists. http://dayzmod.com/f...-would-they-be/ (Sorry buddy i couldn't help myself!) B)

But my answer as posted in that other thread...

1. Zombies would gain the ability to grab, grapple, and tackle players.

2. A greater selection of items the players could use. (guns, clothes, cars, consumables, etc.)

3. The developers refuse to cater to the whiners. If anything they'd actively work to enrage them.

If any of these were to be answered please be #3!

Edited by Pendragon
  • Like 1

-Hacking/exploiting minimized.

-Gamma/brightness a one time only setting.

-Ammunition divided into boxes of rounds and empty magazines.

I would like to see better vehicles, easier to drive in other words.

They are already easy to drive...

Some kind of buddy system where there's some kind of indication as to whether you are looking at your buddy or at a guy that's about to stick a crossbow bolt up your arse.

Increased zombie limits, roaming zombies, no twitchy animations, no Usain Bolt zombies.

Less high-tier weapons and more low-tier ones

Increase in overall difficulty

Handcuffs, duck tape, chairs you can sit on, picnic hampers. Ability to pick up zombie parts and slap your hostage around the face with a zombie arm. Swarms that run at you at different speeds. Holdup places where at random times someone sneezes and zombies start rushing from all directions giving you that fight for you life team feel.

Last of all and this is a must have features a tooth brush.

1.Zombies need to be more numerous

2.The shooting mechanics have to be simplified and smoothed out, currently it's difficult to engage things

3.Zombies spawning more naturally

I'd like to see

1. In depth character customization. Both genders, body type, clothing (some choices, anyway), faces. Something to make me feel more attached to my character. Also, optionally, a randomization for people who die alot or don't care. Not on the level of the Sims, but maybe on the TES or fallout level of customization.

2. Players working together to make a place safe. I like the idea of civilization rebuilding or staying in chaos all based on how the players decide to act. This would mean players carting each other around in vehicles, dealing with zombies as a group, and fortifying places as a team. Groups should be able to clear areas of zombies and those areas should stay clear for large periods of time. Perhaps you clear out a small village and those zombies won't spawn again for 48 hours. That gives you time to set up shop over two play sessions (assuming you play once a day) before you have to clear them out again. It makes it more realistic (zombies should not spontaneously come into existence). Of course, the number of zombies would need to go up to make this harder. They would need to be more wily, and work together if possible. And on the subject of setting up shop, you should be able to fortify in ways more practical than sandbags and barbed wire. I mean board up the windows on a house, barricading the door, setting up a lock (only players with the key can unlock) or a bolt (only players inside can unlock), or both, reinforcing the structure, putting up lights, having storage cabinets or storing supplies on tables. And then of course these fortifications need to stick around for a good amount of time. Zombies should be able to bust in doors, break boarded windows, and so should players. There are so many things that could work.

3. More roleplaying elements. The map should forge a narrative. Players should be able to record things in a journal that those that meet them could read. Radios should function like radios. They have ranges, but the Chernarus Radio Tower can broadcast much farther ("This is Three Dog, ow! And you're listening to Chernarus News Radio..."). More types of food. Hygene. Beds (perhaps a bonus for logging out on one). Realistic medical system. Direct communication only. Storage systems that make more sense. Gestures. More types of clothing than camo clothes and ghillie suits.

3. More roleplaying elements. The map should forge a narrative. Players should be able to record things in a journal that those that meet them could read. Radios should function like radios. They have ranges, but the Chernarus Radio Tower can broadcast much farther ("This is Three Dog, ow! And you're listening to Chernarus News Radio..."). More types of food. Hygene. Beds (perhaps a bonus for logging out on one). Realistic medical system. Direct communication only. Storage systems that make more sense. Gestures. More types of clothing than camo clothes and ghillie suits.

There has been talk about Rocket implementing some sort of diary thing, that you keep on you and can place notes around the map.

1. No more morality system as its inherently flawed.

2. Make the actual "surviving" aspect of the game actually challenging with lower chance of food/matches/knife drops.

3. A big difference in FPS

# 1. More Zombies (in BIG towns (!)) and less in small towns + 0 Zombies at deer stand (fuelstation etc) It is more realistic. Zombies should'nt spawn so fast! Maybie 20-30 Minutes after killed.

# 2. Guns only at military + deerstands or sth to do with guns, other stuff in towns.

# 3. Things like radios to talk ingame

# 4. bulletproof wests or sth else who can protect you.

I have too much things i would like to see in SA.

MUCH better zombies and realistic weapons ( no big sniper rifles)

Chernarus plus to be totally different, i want to explore!!!, that cannot happen if the layout is the same, which is why i am still disappointed it is still in chernarus, kinda lazy if you ask me. Taviana is so good to explore, the layout is great for that. A few more adjustments and it can be perfect for dayz!

Build our own forts and places to hide out ( can work better if the map size is MUCH bigger)

Honestly i think the fact we are still in chernarus ( sorry, but more open buildings and a few "new places" is not enough and will kinda ruin the SA for me, no reason to explore, we all know were everything is like the high loot areas, same old enviorment etc)

Chernarus plus to be totally different, i want to explore!!!, that cannot happen if the layout is the same, which is why i am still disappointed it is still in chernarus, kinda lazy if you ask me. Taviana is so good to explore, the layout is great for that. A few more adjustments and it can be perfect for dayz!

If we had to wait for a completely new map to be designed and created the SA probably wouldnt be out until mid next year. Chernarus IS DayZ for me and for the SA to be anywhere else wouldnt seem right.

Lets get the Alpha out to test first. I am sure there will be new maps later.

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 1

1. Big

2. Booty

3. Bitches

Anyway, in a more serious note.

1. In-depth crafting - Been playing Project Zomboid and the crafting there is badass. I would like to see something similar to that.

2. Barricading, fortifications and Infected threat to fortification - I don't like the idea of permanent in DayZ: SA. I believe that it'll be more interesting to have a 2 month old fortification with active people guarding it and the idea of a well-coordinated bandit squad or a Horde of infected can take it all away.

3. Less high-grade weaponry with less ammo - Adds difficulty in a fire fight and repelling the infected.

• Like 1

I will be looking for any exponential increase of difficulty, varying based upon area (rural cities hold a high percentage of zombie pop. while countrysides stay on a low except for the occasional zombie group), along with a more civilian variety of weaponry.

I will also be searching for more melee weaponry (as it is quiet and common, some examples include blades weapons and blunt weaponry, each varying in inefficiency.)

I hope for a better inventory screen.

Yep... that's what I am hoping.

I forgot to add:

I want to be able to play as either a buff, 21yo athletic looking bloke, or an 85yo geriatric woman with a dodgy hip........and everything in between.

1. Something new to eat, Im getting tired of beans and sardines.

2. A liqour bottle that isnt empty. Its the Zombie Apocolypse, I want to cut the edge sometimes.

3. ManBearPig.

Mine are already planned for standalone witch makes me happy.

1st would be Zombie AI (movement, Spawning system, Roaming zeds, Decay decals, Even Decapitation later on.

2nd Fully enter-able buildings, loot system improved, clothing deg-ration

3rd Friend list/clan colors for player names (as in recognizable system witch would reflex human recognition of you're friends from foe.

1 More animals. Deer and stuff.

2 Animal distress sounds. If you kill an animal, it shouldn't just die, it should make a sound that can be heard by zombies and players. Different animals make different sounds, and the volume of these sounds vary. A squealing boar would make more noise than a rabbit.

3 Feral animals. Why do the cattle stay tame? I want to hunt animals that try to get away! Muahaha!

Edited by GotBeanZ

1. what op said

2. slower spawning loot, much slower. i dont think ive ever entered a place that had been completely picked over unless i follow someone in. plus it might force people to hit up kamenka and unlikely loot destinations in desperation.

3. liquor and cigarettes. they would be far more valuable than people credit them for!

1. More options to fortify a position. (More barricades, gun place installments?, grenade/mine traps)

2. Zombies that don't flail around. Also different types of zombies... (Normal zombies who walk/run towards you, zombies that move very slowly but are hard to kill, zombie "leaders" who can sort of rile the other zombies up...) And also when you shoot them in the leg... That it actualy does something...

3. Other things have already been said but i would like to see an option to bury your stuff in the ground... A good way to hide some of your loot... And ofc secure it with a booby trap.

Those are my thoughts...

Is this thread supposed to be things that *aren't* in standalone that you want? Or is it just any three things you want, whether they are already confirmed or not.

I see a great many 1, 2, 3 lists which contain one or two items that are already confirmed for standalone.

For example, they just increased the number of zombies that spawn per player in the base mod. After the optimization in standalone, I don't think doubling it again would be unreasonable. That means there could be as many as 100 zombies spawning in a city for just one person.

Personally, while roaming hordes in the forest would be scary, I think lone zombies or groups of two or three moving very quietly in the pitch dark would be even scarier. With the small groups, they could be liberally placed *EVERYWHERE*. Literally, nowhere would be safe. You would have to look over your shoulder with every small action you stop to take.

I am also going to latch onto an idea someone else posted. Why isn't your body coming back as a zombie possible? There could be zombies walking around with a full backpack of gear. If they can clone you when you combat log, couldn't they also automate your body despawning and a zombie spawning with your gear in that spot?

Finally, there are a number of suggestions that I see a lot that have a vastly disproportionate effort-reward ratio. Things such as pet taming should take a back seat to just about everything. Pet taming specifically should be the absolute *LAST* thing they implement before they slap the <FINISHED> sticker on the game. My personal zenith to the game will come when underground bases are implemented. Done right, they are the greatest source of constant goals that you can implement.

New york/London type map (any built up metropolis type city would be good)

Scavenging around a large city like that (ala i am legend) would be cool

Sao Paulo... love my city.

But what I would like to see:

- Better Inventory (bags and moving stuff around)

- Cars brake down harder (Hitting a pole at 5pkh wont destroy a wheel :( ), but make it harder to fix it.

- Zombies spawn/patch - Zeds not spawning while you are inside vehicle are baaad :(