ShallowTech

Oh now this is a zombie survival game!

I played this game for the first time last weekend because a friend of mine purchased ArmaII for me. He bought the game because I had been playing WarZ and he told me the DayZ was a much better game, even though it is currently only a MOD. Holy crap he was right! Regardless of some of the problems this game has, in its current state I find myself becoming very addicted to this game. I cannot wait for the standalone version! Most of all it seems like the developers of this game are striving to make a ground breaking improvement to this genre and MMO’s in general.

Okay I am done, first post and I thought I would show my enthusiasm!

I played this game for the first time last weekend because a friend of mine purchased ArmaII for me. He bought the game because I had been playing WarZ and he told me the DayZ was a much better game, even though it is currently only a MOD. Holly crap he was right! Regardless of some of the problems this game has, in its current state I find myself becoming very addicted to this game. I cannot wait for the standalone version! Most of all it seems like the developers of this game are striving to make a ground breaking improvement to this genre and MMO’s in general.

Okay I am done, first post and I thought I would show my enthusiasm!

Edited by shallowtech
  • Like 14

DayZ will probably be one of the best zombie survival games out there for quite some time.

And even though the stand alone is going to be coming out and everyone will be moving away from the mod, you still have Arma. If you're into miliary games, this is definitely something also worth trying out. :)

• Like 2

He liked it so much that he had to say it twice. XD

Glad you are liking it, and welcome to the forums. :). Standalone is going to be WAY better. Not long left to go now also. XD

• Like 2

Thank you, it is a warm welcome from what seems like a good community. Even though I have only been playing for a few days, it seems like I am playing with some real gamers again, not a bunch of little troll hackers! ;-) I say this because I have played on a server with my friend and the first group of guys I ran into were cool, they helped me, let me join them, and did not kill me when I turned around. They even shared items with me if I needed them. This was an awesome experience, of course I am sure not all players are this friendly and some probably pretty paranoid but it was cool. This is something that I noticed was very rare in the WarZ environment and that really comes down to the community.

Anyway, thanks to everyone and I hope I enjoy my time on this game.

• Like 1

I'm sure you will enjoy. Even the times I've had my ass kicked I've had fun :)

Welcome.

I hope you properly thanked your friend for showing you the light.

Welcome to the neighborhood, friend. Though I think "MMO" isn't a good description for it. Should we be thinking of a new genre to call the game? Persistent Survival Simulator? Something like that?

Welcome to the neighborhood, friend. Though I think "MMO" isn't a good description for it. Should we be thinking of a new genre to call the game? Persistent Survival Simulator? Something like that?

well this is a mod for amra which is a "military survival simulator" so it would make sense if its called a ZSS, Zombie Survival Simulator

i'm gonna buy the SA for those stupids of my friends who aren't still playing this amazing game!

Welcome to Dayz! Enjoy your stay if you can make it through the night

Most of all it seems like the developers of this game are striving to make a ground breaking improvement to this genre and MMO’s in general.

Welcome shallowtech, Best of luck surviving (you ain't in WarZ anymore) protect your "beanz" at all times.......

Protip: Don't write text in plain black.

Anyways, welcome to the forums, DayZ is a blast when you first start with it, I still remember my first days when I had no idea what stuff did and to nobodies surprise died from zombies because I didn't know the controls.

Check the Private Hive section and find the server that fits your needs, after that you can just have fun and enjoy life.

Your welcome for the game! Now lets go kill so noobz, oh wait you are one :)

Thanks Relapse! Thanks for the game man, now I have to upgrade my PC! ;)

Edited by shallowtech

Hello there

Also, don't ignore the thousands of mods and missions vanilla Arma has. DAYZ is phenominal but if you fancy a change of pace there's a vast amount of other experiences to discover.

DAYZ has also influenced other vanilla missions. take a peek on the BiS forums for example.

Rgds

LoK

Greetings.

WarZ is still rough around the edges and lacking even the most basic features like a friends list or VOIP. But it sure looks like it will be an awesome little mindless time killing game. DayZ on the other hand seems to be more of a Thinking Man's(persons) survival game. Can't wait for the standalone edition!