rocket

Build 1.7.1 Rolling Update

Don't know whats up with my visibility but when I'm prone I have 1 eye sight and if I crouch I might as well be running full speed visibility and sound. Can't sneak at all with 1 visibility.

Deer stands keep spawning zombies like crazy too.

welcome to 1.7.1

aint it fu*ng lovely? I freaking bought arma 2 and OA for this' date=' got to play it for day and half with my friend, then this patch comes and ruines it, at least for me. Don´t know about those hardcore junkies that love to get killed over and over again.

[/quote']

YOU. EZA:

This mod is about dropping preconceived notions. These people will laugh at you for expecting game balancing, but yeah... Once people are 'on top,' so to speak, they cling to their gear like a WoW fanatic in top level PvP shit.

You know, people have been saying, 'It's alpha' for so long, but I don't think people really HEAR WHAT THAT MEANS.

If you dislike something in the new patch, dispassionately explain, so that rocket can have some fucking feedback.

Don't editorialize. Nobody wants to hear your editorializing that people will leave the game... You know, if someone leaves at this point? GOOD FUCKING RIDDANCE. The game is in development. In my opinion, it would be better off CLOSED with about 150-200 people who understand what it is, not a bunch of people who want a free AAA release title and act like it at every goddamned turn.

You WILL DIE. You WILL RESTART with nothing. I love my bits of stuff, too. I do. But these days, when I die, I realize one of several things:

1. I died legitimately. I fucked up. I deserve to die.

2. Another player got the drop on me. Very similar to #1.

3. I died from a bug. Has it been explicated in the forums? Then I move on.

4. I died from a change in a new patch. Has it been explicated? Then I move on.

Otherwise, make sure the feedback is constructive, not repetitive and have a good time.

What's so fucking difficult? This is not a released, major studio game. the feedback needed is what seems to be working and not working, not your assessment of the future business model, or your ignorant foggy headed number crunching about how many players will leave.

/rant

What a bunch of whiners. Holy shit. Don't like the changes? Leave. Simple as that. I've been on DayZ for over a month and have been a part of almost all the major changes and ya know what I do? I deal with it. Yes' date=' some of the changes have upped the difficulty, but I fucking love the fact that it's not a walk in the park anymore. For the last 3 weeks or so, it's been entirely too easy, and as a result it became a MP deathmatch. The zombies have become a threat in a major way now, and that is the way it should be. Sorry to burst your bubbles guys. This may not be the game for you.

[/quote']

That's all well and good mate, but the fact is, the zombies are bugged/broken beyond belief right now, the changes to zombie difficulty are completely ruined by the fact that the LoS/Walls changes aren't working at all.

You will change your tune when you die next.

I've died 3 times tonight. Every single time from Zed. I'm not some god player who is a beast at this game by any means. It's just that people don't know how to lodge a concern without coming out as sound like self entitled asshats. From Day 1 this was billed as an "anti-game". Perma death. If you die, you are dead, ya start again. Now I'm not against the complaints in that they aren't unwarranted, but when people are saying it went from best thing ever to worst they have no grounds to stand on. There were plenty problems before this update, and there are more since. This mod was not the best game ever before as it has a shit load if work/tuning left to be done. There is no single thing in this game that is solid, it's a sum of its parts. Still too many whiners, there is a way to vocalize your opinion in a constructive way that contributes to further development.

Zombie damage is fine, agro could use some tuning. There is an annoying glitch when you pick up utility items, everyone knows you can sorta still be hit through walls, zombie respawned aggroed quite a bit, there is a way to dupe items which that is pretty easy to do which I will not share with players, there are no melee weapons, LoS need tweaking, it works, just not that well, item respawn rate is incredibly fast, my point is there are a lot of issues that I've encountered since the update, I'm not here to bitch on this forum about them, but simply to inform the devs of maybe how there intentions aren't being implemented the way they planned.

I agree, you're the man. Fuck baby mommy whiners.

I died on an island after I found a boat and was pot-shotting my AK. A Z bit me, No biggie. I killed em all and went to bandage.... no bandages. Day 7. Died..... no bandages. Mad? At myself. I just went through all of Krasnostav and the NE airfield only alerting one Zombie (My own doing) the line of sight def made it easier. The one I aggro'd did hit slightly harder and I couldnt backwards - out-shoot maneuver him so it was a slight wake up. I like I like. I still have yet to pop a tent in the forest but im trying. Good patch. Fuck the kids who are terrible and want the game so easy-moded they feel special. This isn't school, this isn't no child left behind. Shit will suck. Shit will get worse. You will make it to day 10-20-30 only to die some stupid assed bullshit death whether it be due to banditry, some zombie, a glitch..... you will die. Get used to it. Pooswa baby gamers. Want some easy mode 'nothing happens when you die' game like WoW. Go play rift or something they say thats 'different' lol

Everything good. Have no problems sneaking around Zeds. But there is 1 problem. Alsway when i log of and get in agian..i am Unconciouse...for a very long time..

welcome to 1.7.1

aint it fu*ng lovely? I freaking bought arma 2 and OA for this' date=' got to play it for day and half with my friend, then this patch comes and ruines it, at least for me. Don´t know about those hardcore junkies that love to get killed over and over again.

[/quote']

It's not THAT different. You'll adapt eventually.

"Hardcore junkies" tend to play against humans in this area. The zombie AI is still predictable, you can easily develop tactics, and if you stay true to the ones that are successful, then you will be victorious every time, provided you're not making stupid mistakes.

In other words, it's a video game. You'll be fine. Don't be a naysayer, you'll just make it harder for yourself to enjoy the game.

You either completely lock a character to one difficulty' date=' or simply stop them from being able to do that or delete appropriate gear when they log in, if they've spawned in regular, then immediately reconnected on to a vet/hardcore server.

[/quote']

That would be perceived as a broken game.

guys Rocket said basically the update failed, and there will be a hotfix soon. I think 90% of the bickering is kinda useless atm.

If you want a walk in the park - then take a walk in the fucking park. Go on - Get some fresh air, kiss a screaming girl, feed a duck, suck a hot dog or two, masturbate in some bushes - have fun. Or whatever. Just get out of here. Thanks.

Looting heli crash doesnt work. Can you help me or do a tutorial video how to loot them if you even can?

Don't know whats up with my visibility but when I'm prone I have 1 eye sight and if I crouch I might as well be running full speed visibility and sound. Can't sneak at all with 1 visibility.

welcome to 1.7.1

[/quote']

YOU. EZA:

This mod is about dropping preconceived notions. These people will laugh at you for expecting game balancing, but yeah... Once people are 'on top,' so to speak, they cling to their gear like a WoW fanatic in top level PvP shit.

You know, people have been saying, 'It's alpha' for so long, but I don't think people really HEAR WHAT THAT MEANS.

If you dislike something in the new patch, dispassionately explain, so that rocket can have some fucking feedback.

Don't editorialize. Nobody wants to hear your editorializing that people will leave the game... You know, if someone leaves at this point? GOOD FUCKING RIDDANCE. The game is in development. In my opinion, it would be better off CLOSED with about 150-200 people who understand what it is, not a bunch of people who want a free AAA release title and act like it at every goddamned turn.

You WILL DIE. You WILL RESTART with nothing. I love my bits of stuff, too. I do. But these days, when I die, I realize one of several things:

Otherwise, make sure the feedback is constructive, not repetitive and have a good time.

What's so fucking difficult? This is not a released, major studio game. the feedback needed is what seems to be working and not working, not your assessment of the future business model, or your ignorant foggy headed number crunching about how many players will leave.

/rant

I feel I'm playing an alpha and trying to spot bugs or possible bugs, some might not understand what that means because so few get the chance to participate in such a treat. I don't rant about how I died its not like it matters, that's what general discussion is for. If people would quit brown nosing or quit bitching and focus on making the game better and pointing out bugs or in-balance we could all just have a merry good time.

i just made a acount to post this here.

I'm loving the update so far very realistic rocket keep up the great work, there are just a few minor problems,

There are still problems with spawning as i spawn in debug wasteland? there are only hills and nothing around you in miles, only a few people who kill me there, if i die i spawn in 4 secs back there, i spawn no where else.

Hacks? or just problems with servers?

Also i love how the zombies react now, but for my feeling they still zigzag a bit? or they still run away first and run back to you.

i will do more research and look if i will find any problems.

Regards, mona

welcome to 1.7.1

[/quote']

YOU. EZA:

/rant

I feel I'm playing an alpha and trying to spot bugs or possible bugs, some might not understand what that means because so few get the chance to participate in such a treat. I don't rant about how I died its not like it matters, that's what general discussion is for. If people would quit brown nosing or quit bitching and focus on making the game better and pointing out bugs or in-balance we could all just have a merry good time.

Good for you. My post was not directed at you, as I said in caps.

I hoped that zombies would hit you when they run after you.

Its still to easy to escape them.

Ok, awesome update, love the game.

However, I see that the carebearin survivors received a 'buff'... enabling them to spot/find a 'pvper' with this new heartbeat sensor.

Where is the pvper's buff enabling them to spot/find survivors then? Otherwise this is extremely OP (overpowered).

For example, a survivor is approaching NWA barracks.. a pvper is hiding in a bush/tree with a ghillie suit or camo, all the survivor has to do is aim his weapon all around his close proxomity area to listen for the heartbeat. Now now, I'm sure rocket has said it has to be directly at the player, however I'm sure there will be glitches, exploiting this and/or it will work through bushes/base of trees...

So, where is the pvpers buff? Survivors just got a huge, unfair advantage?

Besides from that, awesome update. Love the game.

Good for you. My post was not directed at you, as I said in caps.

And mine was not directed at you as well. Just saying people need to get with the program. :D

Hmmm....I've got my guys trying to join my server and they're all stuck at loading.

Same here.

Any info on this would be nice.

The loot and zombie spawn timer isn't working' date=' hence the FPS issues for some people and the billions of zombies. I tried a new mechanism for this update, it works with small numbers of players but stops with large numbers.

Likely be a hotfix, not within 24 hours, but definitely within 48 hours.

[/quote']

whoa, that FPS issue almost made me think that my CPU just burnt up for me relentless playing DayZ

thanks, Rocket, for the quick respond to the problem.

and BTW, I'm still killed by the zombies through the wall...

This mod wasnt ment for qqing noobs who dont know how to survive.

You can blame the mod makers, but its you noobs who dont know how to survive, go play a bit splintercell 1,2,3 and learn what sneaking means.

I know they can see you from close, but what the fuck are you gonna do when real zombies are close to you in rl, and you are like oh men fuck you man why do you see me from so close i was crawling to you wtf yo.

What you will do is if you see a zombie you will be like fuck this shit im walking a few blocks.

You can blame the mod makers' date=' but its you noobs who dont know how to survive, go play a bit splintercell 1,2,3 and learn what sneaking means.

I know they can see you from close, but what the fuck are you gonna do when real zombies are close to you in rl, and you are like oh men fuck you man why do you see me from so close i was crawling to you wtf yo.

What you will do is if you see a zombie you will be like fuck this shit im walking a few blocks.

[/quote']

I'm laying on the ground, prone, in tall grass, not moving. I don't see how they should see me if i'm hidden...

Ok' date=' awesome update, love the game.

However, I see that the carebearin survivors received a 'buff'... enabling them to spot/find a 'pvper' with this new heartbeat sensor.

Where is the pvper's buff enabling them to spot/find survivors then? Otherwise this is extremely OP (overpowered).

For example, a survivor is approaching NWA barracks.. a pvper is hiding in a bush/tree with a ghillie suit or camo, all the survivor has to do is aim his weapon all around his close proxomity area to listen for the heartbeat. Now now, I'm sure rocket has said it has to be directly at the player, however I'm sure there will be glitches, exploiting this and/or it will work through bushes/base of trees...

So, where is the pvpers buff? Survivors just got a huge, unfair advantage?

Besides from that, awesome update. Love the game.

[/quote']

If the survivor decides to shoot you, he's engaging in PVP, obviously. I'm sure everyone, including PVP dudes, get the heartbeat thing. So it's an advantage for everyone against people with low humanity.

The question is whether that is unfair or not. I don't think you can clear that up by just looking at the mechanic itself. A PVP enthusiast obviously doesn't exploit shooting guns. He exploits the human condition or whatever. So conversely, here, the scared survivor exploits your nature to decide whether to murder you or not. Meaning it's all on you anyway. So if that's unfair, then you brought it on yourself. Such is life, I guess.

It's exactly the same idea as with bandit skins, although the new variance introduces a pretty strong argument against excessive PVP, I suppose.

The loot and zombie spawn timer isn't working' date=' hence the FPS issues for some people and the billions of zombies. I tried a new mechanism for this update, it works with small numbers of players but stops with large numbers.

Likely be a hotfix, not within 24 hours, but definitely within 48 hours.

[/quote']

whoa, that FPS issue almost made me think that my CPU just burnt up for me relentless playing DayZ

thanks, Rocket, for the quick respond to the problem.

and BTW, I'm still killed by the zombies through the wall...

Some buildings they stop outside now, some they still go through. Noticed this early this AM. They still hit you through the 2 door Factory with the staircase to the 2nd floor with the room off to the other side, and the really odd buildings, that is complex for them. The simple buildings, they now wait outside it seems.

Probably explains why it took me ages to find a gun last night, all i found was mag after mag in all of elecktro at 3am. But I loved the FPS, 88-100fps stable all while playing 1.7.1. With i5 2500k 4.2Ghz / 570

Edit: i wouldn't call it Monkey run animation, its more of HULK SMASH! Its funny as shit lol I'm all for more Mo-Cap. Ty BiS for the studio!

You can blame the mod makers' date=' but its you noobs who dont know how to survive, go play a bit splintercell 1,2,3 and learn what sneaking means.

[/quote']

I'm laying on the ground, prone, in tall grass, not moving. I don't see how they should see me if i'm hidden...

How far were you from them?

because if you look at your eye meter you can see even in prone they can see you. your still visible even without moving.

* [NEW] You can hide from an infected chasing you

are you kidding me? they are running like Usain Volt does. You CANT run away if you are on foot so.... how you want we hide from they?

I just joined the server and spawned in grass field I dont know where I am and there are many corpses and before that I was in city,what the hell? Is that bug? Help me please,tell me what to do.