rocket

Build 1.7.4.4 Rolling Update

Learn to read

NO U ;)

I'd read entire topic and my answer targets only crybabes like "Ugh, without L85 and with streetlights life can be much more safe. And dogs are so cute, i want dogs!". If you can't realise this simple hyperbole - it's looks like you have problem with your enlightment, friend.

First, .50 cals are only rarer now. Rare doesnt mean that something doesn't exist at all.

Ye-ye, but it's bad tendency. L85 first, fiftycal second, then what? DMR and NVG? Maybe automatic weapons? Or everything that shoots more that 50 yards away? Because some sort of casual guy think is OP? Can you realise this, my enlightened friend? :)

Streetlights were never meant to be part of update - hotfix for that.

But same guys that celebrating removing L85 are complaining about streetlights and dogs gone. It's casual players. They never playes ArmA or Operation Flashpoint Cold War assault before. The only reason they are here is game about zombies and funny youtube activity.

Weapon variety is good but what really fits this kind of game?

Wait. What kind of game? Game about an pandemic virus? Spreading across whole country? And armed forces failed to contain this situation? IRL there will be even more hitech gear.

This is survival, not your arcade deathmatch game like Battlefields... I f****ng prefer sticks and stones over laser guided missiles and latest weapon tech which seem to be so important for some people. Thermal vision was easy mode, period. What skill it requires to sit on a hill and spot everyone within a mile? And then shoot them with freaking antimaterial rifle. Ridiculous.

You may prefer anything you want. But who are you to make your personal point of view The One And Only Holy Truth? Only because you think you are enlightened? :)

Try to sit on hill on deutschen or russian servers and you can't even shoot a second time. Because true gamers, hardcore gamers can adapt (and they will) to any danger, they meet. But you - casual guys can only cry about OP.

New features and updates = trash in your opinion? More .50 cals and hyper-dyper weapons? Go play something else then, this is clearly not your game. Or try Namalsk map where your dear weapons still exists. There exists pretty much dozens of other games where you can satisfy your high tech weapon fetish.

NO U. Again. Play singleplayer, if you are scared by interaction with other players. I'm only trying to bring some reason to this topic.

Consider yourself Enlightened One.

Now :)

Ye-ye, but it's bad tendency. L85 first, fiftycal second, then what? DMR and NVG? Maybe automatic weapons? Or everything that shoots more that 50 yards away? Because some sort of casual guy think is OP? Can you realise this, my enlightened friend? :)

slippery slope fallacy

they removed the L85 and that's it

the fuck, we had dogs???

D:

now we don't?

No? It was in the change list but was not included in this patch because there are still bugs with them.

Edited by smasht_AU

No? It was in the change list but was not included in this patch because there are still bugs with them.

Wouldn't want any bugs to sneak inside the game now would we? :D

slippery slope fallacy

they removed the L85 and that's it

Captain O? It's you? Relogin, please.

I'm worried about the devs motivation. Devs want to create a bestseller, BI wants to sold extra copies of good old ArmA2AO in X-Mas sale, and they all may made more casual decision just to hit bigger box office.

Captain O? It's you? Relogin, please.

I'm worried about the devs motivation. Devs want to create a bestseller, BI wants to sold extra copies of good old ArmA2AO in X-Mas sale, and they all may made more casual decision just to hit bigger box office.

wut? stop watching alex jones videos

how could you know this? or better yet, how could you know how many times you were spotted with it?

Spotting is irrelevant. And as for being killed by it, many servers have a script detailing what weapon was used against you. Also, I play with friends. When someone engages us, they usually end up killed and looted.

• Like 1

Spotting is irrelevant. And as for being killed by it, many servers have a script detailing what weapon was used against you. Also, I play with friends. When someone engages us, they usually end up killed and looted.

spotting isn't irrelevant if that's one of the reasons it was deemed 'overpowered'

and if you only play on servers that let you know who killed who with what weapon (and it's been my experience that those scripts don't work 100% of the time), I'll just say that your experience with the game is rather limited. no offense, but your claim of only being killed once by the weapon doesn't mean much if you've only been playing for a couple months, on what sounds like a private hive

Do you have a script which tells you how many times a person was by another weapon after being spotted with it when they wouldn't have been spotted otherwise?

/the answer...is no.

• Like 1

no offense, but your claim of only being killed once by the weapon doesn't mean much if you've only been playing for a couple months, on what sounds like a private hive

I'm playing DayZ from 05.12. and never been killed by L85. NEVER EVER.

Starting at Atlanta and Chicago servers, now on European.

Reasons of my death usually is cheaters, engine bugs, geometry glitches or vehicles accidents, but death in PvP most time was a quick CQB on southern beach with primitive soviet weapons after respawn.

Once i have been shoot in back on Myshkino deer stand by camper with M16, once (in one of first tryes) .50cal in the middle of Kabanino fields. It was a good experience.

Last two months i have a good company with me, and we don't worry very much about snipers on the hills with or w/o L85 or .50 cal. We just kick'em.

• Like 1

I'm playing DayZ from 05.12. and never been killed by L85. NEVER EVER.

again, I'm not sure how you could know that. those scripts that say who killed who with what are fairly recent

edit: and if you just play on some private server where you kick snipers off hills... yeah... I mean if you don't play regularly on hive servers with the general population, don't doubt on the experiences of those that do

Edited by daze23

we don't worry very much about snipers on the hills with or w/o L85 or .50 cal. We just kick'em.

thats how people should play dayz.

not whine and whine and whine about weapon x, y and z being soooo imba, until the dev's give in and remove them, just so that people finally stfu.

granted, those people crying about the as50 and l85 will now jump on the dmr and m107, until those get the boot as well.

and then we talk about assault rifles. up to a point when everyone gets a pistol + a hatched, and we are back at deathmatch in cherno.

I've killed 5 or so with the one L85 I've found, and still have.

But usually I'm spotting for my friend who has an AS50. Thanks to the L85 it's easy to spot targets as far as the viewing distance will allow. If they're within 800m (about half the time it's further) I'll switch to the DMR so we can both fire at the same time and send more lead at them. We zero to different ranges in case our calculation wasn't accurate. We fire and move to a different position, whether we got the kill or not. No chance for retaliation, and minimal chance that someone will follow the sound and find us.

So if our server displayed what weapon causes the kill (it doesn't), you'd still never know that you were spotted with an L85.

• Like 1

thats how people should play dayz.

you're co-signing him saying "we just kick 'em"? (assuming "kick" means the admin kicks them. maybe he meant something else [kill?], but for now I can only assume that the term "kick" refers to the admin kicking them from the server)

edit: apparently that's not what he meant

Edited by daze23

again, I'm not sure how you could know that.

Simple. Visually. Saw foe with my eyes :) As i said - 99% of my PvP death was CQB on the beach after respawn.

edit: and if you just play on some private server where you kick snipers off hills... yeah... I mean if you don't play regularly on hive servers with the general population, don't doubt on the experiences of those that do

Sorry, i'm explain further. I'm never tried private hive.

We kick asses with superior firepower and training, not by the admin control panel. Usually (fully equipped) our unit, when we moving by foot, has one spotter with L85 to scan horizont (for pigs and rabbits), one or two snipers with .50cal, DMR or CZ550, and one or two MG guys to clean that zombie mess, when unarmed harvesters looting the place.

When you are alone L85 is extremelly usefull to threat assesment, and brings more info about situation (how long that chopper/ural/uaz stand still).

Simple. Visually. Saw foe with my eyes :) As i said - 99% of my PvP death was CQB on the beach after respawn.

We kick asses with superior firepower and training, not by the admin control panel. Usually (fully equipped) our unit, when we moving by foot, has one spotter with L85 to scan horizont (for pigs and rabbits), one or two snipers with .50cal, DMR or CZ550, and one or two MG guys to clean that zombie mess, when unarmed harvesters looting the place.

When you are alone L85 is extremelly usefull to threat assesment, and brings more info about situation (how long that chopper/ural/uaz stand still).

LOL

Edited by smasht_AU

Hello guys,

A bit of input from an ex L85 / AS50 user.

1. L85 to scan around cherno, find any targets approaching.

2. switch to AS50, 1 hit kill.

Rince and repeat.

Same with polana valley or NWAF or stary.

Heck we'd camp ontop of the stary sobor hill and scan around for anyone approaching.

Yes, I've played and abused the heck out of every feature there is to try to balance it.

L85 had to go, simple as that.

AS50 is borderline, very silent, one hit kill and zeroable to a very large distance. It'll need balancing.

I'd love to see us devs buff other things, and there'll be new things coming.

DayZ.nu - SE1 and SE2 now has the Mi17 and little-bird (2seat) in spawn rotation, come help test balancing out before it's rolled out to public hive.

• Like 7

sounds like some herp-derp statistics. it's hard to imagine someone keeping track of this since May if you play regularly. and ultimately your experience is anecdotal. if you've been lucky, then you've been lucky, but that doesn't mean other haven't been 'unlucky'

oh I see, you only use the L85 to scan for pigs and rabbits <_<

obviously the L85 is very useful, and gives an individual or squad an advantage. that's why it was removed. rocket decided to put it in the game, and then he decided to take it out. if you've been playing since May, then no doubt you remember the shit-storm when he removed the starting makarov. but never the less, life and DayZ went on...

• Like 2

Hello guys,

A bit of input from an ex L85 / AS50 user.

1. L85 to scan around cherno, find any targets approaching.

2. switch to AS50, 1 hit kill.

Rince and repeat.

no, people only use it to hunt rabbits at night <_<

• Like 1

Personally I'm less concerned about balance than realism. I just wouldn't expect to see thermal scopes laying around a rural/industrial area in an eastern bloc country after a zombie apocalypse.

• Like 1