rocket

Build 1.7.4.4 Rolling Update

"* [NEW] Street Lights now active in towns. (will be removed in hotfix)"

A bit of a dick move tbh.

Edited by AstroZombie
  • Like 3

99.9% of servers are 24/7 daylight? Don't make me pull out that herp/derp statistics meme.

99% of people who play DayZ play while the server is light is probably more accurate, I haven't played on a night time server for months, people leave night time for the low pop, so most people avoid them.

• Like 4

* [REMOVED] BAF_L85A2_RIS_CWS From Loot table.

i still don't get it...

what is the reasoning behind this decission?

Rocket please see this, Hoover dam can operate without employees for years, I saw this documentary on a Life After people:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVC1cy0yooc

Ok Hoover Dam in the U.S not Europe, but it is possible =) Life After people series would be a good source of inspiration for Dayz ;)

http://www.history.com/shows/life-after-people#

Edited by vacalouca
  • Like 1

* [REMOVED] An2_1_TK_CIV_EP1 Got removed during testing devs felt it lacked perpose in the game.

* [REMOVED] An2_2_TK_CIV_EP1 Got removed during testing devs felt it lacked perpose in the game.

* [REMOVED] MV22 Got removed during testing devs felt it lacked perpose in the game.

I feel kind of sad about that. The an 2 Colt and the V 22 do not lack purpose at all, or the helicopter would just as well lack purpose. Purpose is amde by the players, not by testers, who are just 10 and as such not representative.

I can remember a fairly big suggestion thread asking for the an2 colt, so the interest is there. Get it in community project guys, and stay awesome.

Edited by ImaffoI
  • Like 3

I feel kind of sad about that. The an 2 Colt and the V 22 do not lack purpose at all, or the helicopter would just as well lack purpose. Purpose is amde by the players, not by testers, who are just 10 and as such not representative.

I can remember a fairly big suggestion thread asking for the an2 colt, so the interest is there. Get it in community project guys, and stay awesome.

The AN2 did make it just not all 3 types.

* [NEW] An2_TK_EP1 Now Unbanned.(AN2_DZ)

• Like 1

Rocket please see this, Hoover dam can operate without employees for years, I saw this documentary on a Life After people:

Ok Hoover Dam in the U.S not Europe, but it is possible =) Life After people series would be a good source of inspiration for Dayz ;)

Generation is not the issue. Distribution is the problem, power will trip very quickly when one or two transformers blow - due to overload from fire, factories shorting out etc... When a few transformers go they increase the load on other transformers and you get a cascading fail.

An example of the effects, even when people were monitoring the situation: http://en.wikipedia....lackout_of_2003

For a good outline of cascading failure, see http://en.wikipedia....scading_failure

I actually worked on a review for this when I worked with the Police in NZ as the liaison when with the Air Force, and I revisited this research with DayZ. New Zealand has many hydroelectric dams and we found that within days or hours of a severe disaster power would begin to be lost, due to cascading failure. Within one week with no manual intervention of power plants, transmission, etc..., it is almost certain the entire country would be without power delivery (generation might continue, for some plants, although most require manual intervention for alerts or they shut down for safety reasons - much like a dead man's switch in trains

• Like 13

As for the street lights I'm not really opposed to seeing them in or out but from my experience playing on servers which do have them enabled they don't really work right anyway. Either you see the bulb lit and no light shining down or you see the light shining down and the bulb is black. Maybe this is just a problem with the implementation on those maps or something else but if they don't work properly any immersion they add is immediately broken anyway.

Dear Rocket, why don't you just do your stand alone and leave your DayZ mod to the community? Yeah I'm pissed off about lights.

Rocket there's still the option of solar powered street lamps which many cities are switching to for cost effective lighting. I'm sure your familiar with it and hope you look into this as a possibility for at least providing some lighting for the city's or rural areas...alot of farms around here use them for access roads. There's also quite a few her in the city I live in.

• Like 1

[REMOVED] An2_1_TK_CIV_EP1 Got removed during testing devs felt it lacked perpose in the game.

* [REMOVED] An2_2_TK_CIV_EP1 Got removed during testing devs felt it lacked perpose in the game.

The devs are not the only people playing the game. The AN2 has a very specific 'perpose' in the game. Fun. In a game thats completely riddled with hackers, fun is becoming a lot harder to come by. new vehicles to mess around with have a purpose. The AN2 will takeoff and land at ~50kph. The number of places you can land is amazing. I dont see how theres no purpose to it.

When will the wire fence/beartrap/mp5SD/most of the pistols/bizon get removed, as i feel they lack 'perpose' in the game.

Most of this update seems to be pretty good. But some of these decisions are just fucking batshit. I get taking out the MV22, its a full military spec vehicle, which wouldnt be able to be flown by a 'normal' person anyway. But the AN2 is a great little aircraft.

Just one more reason to play private hive, i guess.

• Like 2

An option to remove the left lower messages should have included for all the streamers out there.

• Like 1

Where do we download?

It's on Play withSIX (which also just had another major update)

- it's always fun to find the best time to update - it's easily either too soon, or late :)

Once we have our multi-version support properly sorted out, that should get a lot better though ;-)

• Like 3

[REMOVED] BAF_L85A2_RIS_CWS From Loot table.

Sigh now your listening to the whiners.

Now I'm going to have to crack open the server files to add it back or just not update.

surely the hackers/cheaters are pissed. :-)

• Like 1

Most of this update seems to be pretty good. But some of these decisions are just fucking batshit. I get taking out the MV22, its a full military spec vehicle, which wouldnt be able to be flown by a 'normal' person anyway. But the AN2 is a great little aircraft.

The AN2 did make it just not all 3 types.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

[REMOVED] An2_1_TK_CIV_EP1 Got removed during testing devs felt it lacked perpose in the game.

The devs are not the only people playing the game. The AN2 has a very specific 'perpose' in the game. Fun. In a game thats completely riddled with hackers, fun is becoming a lot harder to come by. new vehicles to mess around with have a purpose. The AN2 will takeoff and land at ~50kph. The number of places you can land is amazing. I dont see how theres no purpose to it.

When will the wire fence/beartrap/mp5SD/most of the pistols/bizon get removed, as i feel they lack 'perpose' in the game.

We only removed the two civ type planes but left the green military type plane.

* [REMOVED] An2_1_TK_CIV_EP1 Got removed during testing devs felt it lacked purpose in the game.

* [REMOVED] An2_2_TK_CIV_EP1 Got removed during testing devs felt it lacked purpose in the game.