Looking in Balota hangers for some ammo, two players carrying hatchets run in being chased by Zombies, one is dressed as a hero and the other default clothing. They say they are friendly over direct. No problem, I take out the zombie train and start to leave when they both run after me, I turn around to see them both swinging their hatchets, my legs are chopped off and they continue to swing, I open fire on them, they did not survive. A Bandage, morphine and some animals later I am back to full strength. Why make me do it.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 2

EDIT: Based on a true story. Kinda long.

Helicopter.

That's what that noise was. A helicopter.

Dreadsauce paused in the middle of his glorious feast of canned beans and Pepsi, head tilted, straining his ears to hear the rotors and the gunshots through the walls of the Chernogosk apartment building he currently sat in. He couldn't tell whether those shots were from the 'chopper or people trying to shoot it down, but either way, he fancied that he'd rather be up in the sky, going twice as high, on a metaphorical Reading Rainbow as opposed to being on the hard, zombie-infested ground.

Finishing his beans and tossing away the can, Dread leaped to his feet, digging his radio out of his patrol pack. It had been chattering with the noise of other survivors all day, and for the purposes of not attracting a mob of the walking dead he kept it at low-volume, in his backpack. Gulping down his Pepsi, he clicked the radio and put it to his mouth.

"Yo, you, in the chopper. Can you give a brother a ride?"

There wasn't any answer; he didn't really anticipate one seeing as there were at least a dozen other survivors screaming and hollering to be picked up as well. He waited for a moment, radio held to his ear, before letting out a sigh.

He'd have to flag it down the old fashioned way, the way his great-great-great-grandfather would flag it down if his great-great-great-grandfather had helicopters in his day and age.

He grabbed his trusty, blood-stained hatchet and made his way out of the apartment building.

---

It took our hero five minutes to find the chopper, because luckily the pilot decided to fly over Chernogosk.

Dreadsauce darted through the fields on the outskirts of town at a swift pace, keeping a low profile. Zombies by the dozen were swarming out of the city, attracted by not only the sound of the helicopter but by the sound of gunfire. The hardy survivors and villainous bandits of Chernarus had no intention of being out-done or out-gunned by a couple of chumps in a helicopter.

Eyes fixed on the swerving chopper, Dreadsauce didn't immediately hear the sound of the army-issue Jeep until he was only fifty feet from it. Gasping, he dropped to his stomach, peering out through the tall grass.

Three men stood in front of the parked, running Jeep, emptying rounds into the sky. Two of them were clad in ghillie suits; the third in a flak jacket and brown pants. Screaming expletives, all three paused to reload as the helicopter began to move off into the distance. Brown Pants slammed a fresh clip into his rifle, cocked it, and darted forward, firing once more. The pair in the ghillie suit looked at each other, and Dreadsauce knew what was about to happen before it did.

Red mist exploded from Brown Pants' chest and back as a pair of AS50's tore into him. Letting out a pained, gurgling death rattle, he fell flat on his face, dead. The Ghillie Suits began laughing, making their way toward his corpse, reveling in the ease of the kill.

Time seemed to slow down for Dreadsauce. He had two options.

One, he could stay where he was and hope the bandits wouldn't spot and kill him. It had a decent chance of succeeding, as happy and oblivious as the two bandits were at the moment.

Two, he could bury his hatchet into their heads and take their loot. He had the element of surprise, and if he was quick enough he could kill them both before they got off a shot.

Of course, Dreadsauce chose neither.

His eyes were locked on that crispy, mint-condition, camouflaged Jeep.

He could ride everywhere in that Jeep.

He could store gear in that Jeep.

He could pick up chicks in that Jeep.

He could find other Jeeps with that Jeep, tape them together, and make a Super Jeep.

He wanted that god damned Jeep, even if it was the last thing he did.

So, he bolted upright, hefting his hatchet, screaming. He darted toward the leftmost bandit, swung his weapon back, and buried the blade deep into his hip. The rapscallion let out a shriek of pain and his companion swore in surprise, both of which were drowned out by our hero's piercing yell.

"I'M DREADSAUCE, AND WELCOME TO JACKASS."

Leaving the hatchet where it was, Dread threw open the door to the Jeep. As his friend collapsed (as people with hatchets in their sides often do), the right bandit opened fire. His rounds tore through the flimsy Jeep door and shattered the windshield, striking Dreadsauce in the gut and chest.

But Dreadsauce did not care.

He had a f%kin' Jeep.

Hopping into the driver's seat, he clamped his hands on the steering wheel and slammed his foot into the gas pedal. The Jeep began accelerating forward. The bandit hopped out of the way as the vehicle began making its way down the hill.

Dreadsauce cackled despite the fact that he was bleeding like a stuck pig. He leaned out of the remnants of the driver's side window, calling out.

"IT'S MY JEEP NOW, PUNK!"

A volley of rounds hammered into the Jeep's frame in response, breaking the back window. The left bandit had recovered, and although he bled steadily he joined in on the assault as well. Even if it meant the destruction of their glorious vehicle, they would NOT let some scrub with hatchet take it.

Dreadsauce hammered on the dashboard, rounds whizzing past the car as it gained speed down the hill. His vision was blurry, he couldn't see color anymore, but he didn't care; if he went fast enough, he could outrun the filthy bandits, bandage himself, and escape with his prize.

There was a sharp pop as the rear right tire went out and more rounds pounded the Jeep.

Dreadsauce leaned his head out of the window again, calling back.

"YOU'LL HAVE TO PRY THIS THING FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!"

Dread put his head back into the car as the right bandit shrugged and aimed down his scope.

"AIGHT, BRAH."

Three more shots rang out. One hit the rear light, the other took out the rear left tire.

The third sailed clean through the headrest and splattered Dread's brains all over the dashboard.

His last thought before being slain was this.

"Up yours, pal, I have a Jeep."

Edited by Dreadsauce
  • Like 9

HAHAHA ^ amazing story.

So this happened tonight with me and my brother. It was our first time playing DayZ in over a month and man was it a great day. First, we started out in cherno and got ourselves a lee enfield and an AKM. After looting all of the houses and the fire station, we head to the general store. We pick up maps, food, water, ammo, etc. Basically geared out to start our journey to the NWAF.

BUT, there was a sneaky little bandit in the store with us! And he was dressed like me! (Black, aviator shades. I am not black. But my guy, he is black.) SO, my brother thinks it is me! He takes no alarm to it and continues gathering food in the back hallwaty. Immediately he gets shot dead. I am in the next room over and we are skyping together from room to room, so i hear him calling it out to me. I was hit by a zombie at that moment though and had to run out of the store into a nearby house to ensure my safety and bandage myself up.

After bandaging my leg, I hurry back to the general store because obviously the bastard is looting my brother's body. For all i know he has already made off with his AKM and all of his utilities. I creep around the back and look through the windows and all I can see is a small glimpse of a turban-wrapped bandit head. I aim over a fence with my lee enfield and headshot him across the yard and through the window. At this point my brother is in my room watching my screen...he is very pleased with the revenge.

This story is going to get interesting.

He runs back, gets all of his stuff, and we set a map marker for the North West Airfield. As we come closer to the NWAF we decide to hit stary sobor. Before checking both barracks in the NWAF we wanted to loot some of the military tents. Take into account that it is the dead of night at this moment. We pass big red in stary and I start up the hill behind the military tents to take watch with my Lee. My brother scouts and loots the tents with his akm. Everything is quiet, the night is dark, and we are apparently in the clear.

BUT No. I see a rifleman running about 400 meters in the distance. I was about 300 meters away from the tents, so i warn my brother that he is close. The rifleman heads toward the tents and I tell Kevin, my brother, to stay down in his tent. Thankfully, the rifleman is checking the opposite side of the tents first and I line up a nice 300 meter lee enfield shot in the pitch black darkness.

Direct Hit. He goes down and aborts as he is bleeding out. P.ssy. My brother said as he was walking up to his body he saw that he had NV goggles and a silenced rifle. Who knows what else he had. All bullsh.t aside, I was proud of my success as the lookout.

Our plan now is to head to the NWAF and that is what we did. First, we hit the southern barracks. My brother finds an M4A3 CCO SD. I check the other doors and score a WHOPPING empty tin can. Still, he had a great find. We circle around south through the woods and up onto the outskirts of the northern barracks. I am planning to be lookout again.....but on the way there he says to me

"Uhh...Patrick?(my name).....I think i see a triangle."

Me: "....a triangle...?"

Kevin "Yea i think it's a tent!"

At this point we are sprinting toward what looked to be like a rock in the far distance (take into account it is pitch black and we are in the woods behind the NWAF fire station)

But ONCE AGAIN, we get lucky. I go on watch while my brother examines the tent. A brave fellow he is. He finds the most rare gun in the game. Man, I cannot even remember the name of it but we have it now. A scoped, night vision, thermal, laser toggle, High grade military rifle. I ask my brother what he found and all he said was "the rarest gun in the game."

He gave it to me. I watched guard while we raided the north barracks and all he says is "i am glad you picked this server."

It's a DMR. We make off with our loot and log off because our mother comes home and tells us that we need to go to bed.

Tomorrow is a new day.

Okay, so I started the new character at night, I spawned near Cherno in the town with the farm buildings, so I take out my flashlight and search the place. I found a crossbow and 2 stacks of flares (Which makes 20). Then nothing interesting happens for another 20 minutes, I just search the indrustial area on the way. Then I have to go.

So, later on, I log on just at 19:30, so it's still pretty bright on the server and I decide to continue playing without switching servers. Just so it happens, it keeps getting darker until the night (Pretty much perfect timing, I could have searched for a nighttime server but I got something that was way more awesome.), I check the two residental buildings when I hear some revolver shots. So I decide to take it easy, sneak around a little bit.

Then I decide to go in the military tents, where I possibly heard the shots. No loot or anything, so I go on and throw a few flares, because this is the point when it got pitch-black.

Then when I move towards the fire station, I'm already outside the flare lights when I hear some guy crawl past me (Not a zombie, so sounds heard). Probably checking what's up with random flares coming up.

Anyways, here's what I found from the fire station, a suppressed M9 and a Glock 17. The M9 SD had no mags for it, but I decided to take it anyways, because who leaves that weapon behind?

Then later on, I "sneak" out of Cherno by throwing flares everywhere and running out (Because I wanted to be cautious with the zombies) I hear zombies aggro and a few shots (The guy had chased me a bit)

Lastly, I check Balota for M9SD mags and end up with an AKM and an assault pack.

I played the whole time with first person as well, I wanted something different this time.

That's my long story about night raid with flares and about finding my first suppressed M9. Don't read if it's too long.

Edited by Sutinen

The Wookie suit, at last...IT'S MINE!. Without a second thought I put it on and scatter the survivor rags I've been wearing for dayz across the apartment floor. Seconds later I'm out of there and running free, free from fear, free from anger, just brim full of excitement and eager to roll around in the forest ...unseen. I head north, perhaps now I'll make it to the elusive airfield I've been striving to get to since this nightmare started. At first, the lack of a map and compass meant nothing to 'Ghillieman' as I thought surely the powers of fake leaves and camo print underwear would see me through any difficulties I may encounter, that and the fact I only had to go straight north to reach my destination. After what seemed like hourz, I was close, I'd came across some rock formations I'd seen on a map in a past life and knew some good loot was now within my grasp. Running through the forest like a Sasquatch having a fit, I hear something, it sounds like the ocean, it reminds me of putting a shell to my ear when I was a child and hearing distant waves crashing off a beach. I decide it's just fatigue playing with me and venture on, after all, there aren't any beaches near the airfields in the north. However, as I push my way through the trees the sound gets louder, suddenly I clear the dark comforting embrace of the tightly packed spruce only to find myself indeed, on the beach. What the..ffft, how can this be, has somebody nerfed the airfield, changed the map since I last saw one. As I look across the sandy shoreline I can see the imposing silhouette of factory towers peering through the mist. This is not the airfield?....it kinda looks like....omfg, it is!. It's the bottom end of Berezino, the town where I'd originally found my beautiful new clothes in the first place. Engulfed in Ghillimania and running around like a half crazed lunatic, it seems I'd been too busy to even notice I'd been traveling in a fully crazed circle...Doh!.

After a short period of 'effin'n'blindin' and generally cursing my noobness for not finding a map and compass at the shop across the street before taking off for Ghillland, I looked down the coast in the opposite direction only to be confronted with a shipwreck!. Once again, I was running. As I got nearer the vessel I could make out it was the remains of some kind of tanker ship, though the working life of this big girl was long over because she sat slumped against the rocks like a giant rusted tin of baked beans ripped open at one end. At least that's what Ghillieman saw as it had been some time since he'd last eaten and everything was beginning to look like beans to him. Upon closer inspection and to my utter surprise there was a little motor launch floating just offshore beside the ship and without hesitation, I jumped straight into the water and swam over. Yet again surprised, it was actually 'enterable' and further more had petrol in it, 'holy shmokes' I thought to myself, someones bound to shoot me in the head right now. Not surprisingly, but shockingly, nobody did and I started up the engines and putt, putt, putted off towards the ship. Now I've been in faster and more agile bath tubs in my time, but to me this little beauty was a jet boat... and all mine, "Captain Ghillieman" on the high seas. When I got to the back of the ship I could see by the the way it was sitting that I could probably get aboard. Unfortunately it was at this point an overwhelming sense of greed took over, surely there has to be some mega loot hidden within the confines of this dilapidated sea hulk. So after parking 'Talula' close by, I jumped off and swam over to get aboard the good ship 'Looticus'. CRUNCH!!.

I'd never encountered this sound before, but having experienced it many times since I soon learned it was the sound of my Tibia snapping into pieces....NOOOOOOOOO!!. The screen went grey, fuzzy and began pulsing with arterial regularity, I felt like it was the Sunday morning after a busy Saturday night, what the hell is going on and who's got a Nurofen!?. Slowly, half blindingly I made my way to the nearby beach avoiding the rocks just in case I too succumbed to the same fate that obviously bestowed itself upon 'Looticus' many years ago. Dragging my wet and broken body out of the sea and up the sandy slope, I quickly used some a bandage, some painkillers and knocked back a tin of beans to help alleviate my collection of symptoms. This appeared to have little to no effect on my condition and my blood level was super low, what to do. After a few minutes speaking to my good buddy google, I was informed of the need for a morphine injection and the locations of said injectors, the hospitals. I was new to the game and didn't even know it had hospitals, so I wasn't very happy to find out the nearest one happened to be around 5 km away in Berezino, very close to Ghilliemans origins. Unable to hide the wookie suit as I'd ditched those now valuable survivor rags, a plan had to made. I didn't know anybody in game to help or about the medics so this left me with 2 choices, suicide or self rescue and considering I also didn't know the name of the server I was on due to my noobness, suicide and ghillie reclaim was out of the question which left me the latter of the 2, Here's how it went.....

Crawl back to Talula, climb aboard and make my way to Berezino.

Ran out of petrol just before the first factory, abandon ship and start to crawl.

Avoid all zombies while passing out every few minutes.

Computer crash. Reboot.

Halfway and the artifact glitch kicks in.I can't see a fookin thing in the direction I'm heading.

Avoid zombies I can't even see while continue passing out every few minutes.

Hide under a bush for 10 minutes after I hear shots.

Computer crash. Reboot.

Crawl through town terrified I'm being stalked by the person who fired the shots, even though I'm on a new server..doh!.

Artifacts getting worse the closer to the hospital I get, of course main cause of artifacts are...outside hospital.

Panicking because I'm close, don't want to aggro zombies now, passed out at least 30 times so far.

Computer crash. Reboot.

Need food, risk it all with a stop at the shop for beans, nobody there but find a compass and map with a tin of beans, result!!.

Around 3 hourz have passed but I've finally made it to the hospital, how do I get in, google tells me about the tin can.

Crawl back to the shop for tin can, hide for 10 mins when I hear distant shots then pass out.

Crawl back to the hospital, tin can wont throw, back to google.

Assign new key for throw, tin can still wont throw, back to google.

In fit of rage shoot at windows with hand gun and log out when I hear zombies coming.

Log back in only to find he hospital windows are already broken, paranoia, somebody else did it, I'm about to get Ghillie raped.

Nobody here, crawl inside apply morphine injection, broken leg fixed....woohoo!. Log out, the sun has already came up outside IRL and I'm fookin knackered, time for bed!.

A few dayz later I log back in to find the hospital windows are fixed and I'm stuck inside. The screen is still grey, still fuzzy and still pulsing. Apparently I needed some cooked meat, a blood transfusion or about 40 cans of beans to fix it. Due to frustration rather than rage, this time I shoot the windows out with my trusty Enfield and through a horde of flesh eaters that instantly appear, I make a break for it. Blind and chased by over a dozen zombies, once again I'm running, full of fear, full of anger and no plans to roll around in the forest, but still heading north. It must have been a ridiculous sight to see from a distance and I'm getting a terrible feeling of Deja vu?. But this time I've got a compass and a map, what could go wrong?. About 40 minutes later I find out, in the midst of my frustration and very loud escape from the hospital I'd over looked another vital part of gear, any of the 40 tins of beans I needed. I was in the middle of nowhere with a food icon pulsing faster than my distorted vision, I needed beans and I needed them now. So the next building I saw, I had to loot and after 10 minutes of snake like maneuvers to get close whilst avoiding the 6 zombies outside I was distraught to find it was 'unenterable'. 10 minutes again later and I was clear of the faked chance of rescue, however when I stood up a zombie aggro'd on me and started running from a distance too far away to be fair, as I turned and started to run....I passed out. This time it was final and Ghillieman became lunch. I hope nobody found my corpse as that suit was definitely jinxed, but I was taught a few valuable lessons during this dayzcapade. 1. Learn how to use your back pack, 2. Learn how to throw a damn tin can 3. Always remember the beans and 4.Never leave town without a map and compass, no matter what you're wearing!!. Game addiction immediately set in.

• Like 1

This happend last night, and it was properly the most intense thing in dayz so far. I got it on recording too :D

Me and Toker was driving towards Pusta, in a beaten, dirty Pickup Truck we had "aqquired" from someone else. Upon entering the forrest i take a right into the trees, and park the truck under some cover, so as it is not getting spotted. Our intention is to check Prigorodky for cars, as the pickup cannot carry our entire team. We start running trough the forrest, our NVG´s enlighting the otherwise dark server. Suddenly we hear a unfamiliar sound. One of the most frightning sounds in DayZ. The sound of rotor blades, cutting trough the air, liften several tons of metal. Suddenly we see the metal bird, the king of the skies, and a magnificent sight. That is, untill it suddenly stops, and turns around, and starts shooting. We are not sure if it is shooting at us, because the shots landing are nowhere near us. Making a decision that we cannot go back to camp while that is around i take aim with my FN FAL AN/PVS-4 and start putting lead into the chopper. After one mag they notice that theyre taking damage, and we see the helicopter bolting away, north east. Deciding that staying would be bad, we sprint back to the truck, and drive off.

But our ordeal is not over yet.

After 10 minutes of hard driving we reach Lopatino. Driving trough a field to avoid the city, we suddenly hear the chopper again. The fucking metal bastard is coming back for another round. Toker quickly takes the truck into a patch of trees, and we both exit quickly and watch the chopper fly past us. Seemingly we didn´t get spotted, and i take over the driving, as we head back unto the road. After a couple of minutes we see the chopper returning, and i yet again quickly take the truck into a patch of trees. But its too late, the chopper has seen us, and as the 7,62 hammers into the ground, kicking up dirt, we take cover behind a couple of flimsy evergreen trees. The chopper flies over a couple of more times, before it escalates even further.

Suddenly i see the chopper loosing attitude. Seeing as we are safe for the moment i make a dash over the road to get a better position. A couple of seconds later i see the chopper taking of. Having figured out that they have dropped people on the ground to take us out, i get in a good position and start scanning the area. The chopper still circles the area, trying to spot us for the men on the ground, the buzzing it makes attacting every zombie in the area. Suddenly i spot a man moving straight in front of me, a couple hundred meters out. Ghillie suit, NVG,s, Good weapons. I carefully take aim, and fire one shot at him. It pierces his neck and he hits the ground hard. I fire another shot to make sure he dies, which the server then confirms. I figure that we need to flush the chopper, and any other people on the ground out, so i tell Toker to get in the truck, and dash north. After a minute of convinding he does it, where upon he takes fire from a treeline to the west (he says it was M4), but that both the truck and him made it trough without damage. About a minute or 2 after i see the chopper coming in for a touchdown. I quickly spot the area its landing, and i see the other guy, getting ready to board the chopper. Realising i only have a few moments before they will be down on Toker like an eagle, i fire 2 shots in the direction of the chopper, not in an attempt to hit anything, but to scare them off.

It worked. The man hits the ground, and the chopper dodges sideways, and takes off into the sky. A firefight break outs between me and the other guy. Mostely im running dodgeing his bullets, waiting for Toker to go in for the kill (told him to return), but as im running i make to a patch of mabye 6-7 trees sitting tight together, and i get the advantage. I return fire, as he is trying to barrel roll away, eventually hitting a shot shattering his spine. He then disconnects before i have a chance to follow up the shot. The helicopter then backs off, flying southeast, having lost all his gunners, and therefor beeing unable to land and get their gear (without dying anyway). We scored some extra NVG´s and rangefinders.

I will add a video link when i upload it.

Edited by V2_Danny
  • Like 1

The night is when I venture out of my hole, like a rat scurries back and forth, back and forth among the bushes. In the day, I would be a black blight on the barren lands, sun beating down on my back in the blistering heat, until my figure would be betrayed to even the blindest eye and a bullet would burrow into my brain.

No, I do not like the day.

The night is when I can sneak about unseen, when all but the sharpest of the survivors can pick out a shadow among the shrubs, so that I may choose to strike or stay my hand.

So it is with this night.

I run with little fear through forests and across plains to arrive at the airfield. The zombies march out of the barracks in step, mimicking their former roles as recruits. I stay silent and still, lying in the bushes, waiting for the opportunity to snick in to the barracks like a hidden blade. Perhaps tonight I will finally gain the ability to see more than mere shadows in the night, the prize I have been searching for.

Just as I can wait no longer, and start crawling forward, a shadow moving too fast to be a zombie skirts to the the wall of the barracks and starts creeping towards the door. I freeze, hoping that my slight twitch has not revealed myself, and the shadow continues until it enters. I am silently gratified that my greed could be held at bay for just that extra second, that I could see the shadow before the shadow saw myself.

For if the shadow had seen me, our situation would be different. The shadow would be the one lying in wait, debating about their next course of action, instead of me.

I tell myself that the shadow would not hesitate, that in the north, there were no groups of survivors. Those were just fabricated tales told to the new survivors so that they may come to their death. I had seen no camaraderie here. I didn't owe this shadow anything. If the shadow saw me, I would surely be just another nameless survivor cut down in the night.

Besides, I had trekked here for these weapons, and though the world may not know it, I had staked my claim as soon as I had left my hole. I would not come here only to leave with nothing but the hunger in my gullet. I had plans for this equipment, far more worthy than anything any other survivor could do with them. No, I would not let myself be bested here.

I crawl into position, hand firmly around the stock of my AKM. There is no hesitation now. I place myself within sight of the door, and with my greed and jealously rising, I wait until their crescendo is marked by the shadow silhouetted in the barracks, and squeeze the trigger. The flash from the muzzle blinds my eyes adjusted to the dark, and as I recover I see the shadow drop, dead before its body hits the ground. My conscience howls remorsefully in my head. What have I done? For what? Shame paralyzes me for an instant, but then a guttural scream cries out, and I begin to run.

(Out of story: After I ran and eluded the zombies, I found a tent in a stand of trees right next to the barracks, filled with various decent equipment. The person I shot had a range finder and nearly full toolbelt, as well as an SVD Camo, M4A3 CCO, and a silenced pistol. It seems they had been camping out that barracks for a a few hours at least. If that person ever reads this... hopefully you'll know how I felt. I still feel bad, it was my first murder in cold blood.)

Killed scrubs on Dobryy and made a nice pit (hid their bodies) as punishment for their douchebaggery and sweet sweet loot.

Pretty basic story, but after doing it for an hour or so, some odd things started coming into play. Me and my buddies were camping at the Elektro hospital, and being up there we've got one of the top vantage points within the city. After some time we saw a camo and ghillie come in behind us, both being extremely cautious as to where we were (even though we had not shown ourselves). They creeped ever closer, and once the opportunity presented itself, I poured AS50 rounds into the camo. As he fell to the ground in an attempt to flee, his ghillie buddy decided to stealth mode. We lost track of him, but he wasn't gone just yet. We saw him looking up at the hospital and then crouch down. A red smoke appeared on the roof, and as we were questioning what was happening, a mortar strike (yes mortars) opened fire on the roof.

Lul #elektro

Edited by Dr. Do You In

Wrote this for another thread but I guess I'll post what can happen to even the most honest of players...

I used to be friendly. But after three months of hatchets in the backs from supposedly friendly players, cars spawning on top of me for lols by the script kiddies, snipers playing God from the hills of Elecktro and Cherno, I was twisted.

Torn with hate and a desire to spread the pain I had endured I became what I hated the most.

The deceitful sniper.

I was playing on a server last night which had Side Chat enabled and I stumbled across an UAZ in the server near the NWAF where I guess someone had left it to raid the area. I promptly steal it and head south just to the north of Sosnovka where I part it near some trees on the side of the road.

I whip out my M4 SD and shoot out a wheel and damage the windows to make it look "battered".

I then head west to an overlooking tree and start the baiting mission of some friendlies or even just someone who might try to screw me over like has often happened before. I soon get a hold of a bloke saying he was in a group in Zaleno and had the necessary wheel to fix the car I claimed I stumbled across.

I told them a rough location stating I had just found it wondering from Zaleno to Vybor to meet a friend but had no way of getting it going.

They state they will come straight away and I can't hardly wait already!

It takes about fifteen minutes before they start talking on the side chat once more asking for an update. I say I'm right next to the car hiding in a bush and that I don't have much ammo left because of some zombies. Really trying to sound like a complete noob with odd references to "some huge pole in the distance" and "my AK47".

Exventually they say they can see the car from the trees and pop smoke to let me walk them in to my position. Like really professional blokes that may have been friendly.

I talk them in and say I can see one of them with "a big cool gun".

They reach the car and one immediately starts fitting the tyre whilst the other two run around the trees trying to find me. "Where are you, we can't find you" says the leader...

Three harsh cracks echoed through the long valley. As the smoke lifted from muzzle brake of my M107 I can see three folded forms of humanity littering the road.

The side chat is suddenly full of abuse and ill intent...

Mission Accomplished.

Or more recently.

I was at Starry Sobor on overwatch looking for targets. After a good twenty minutes of not much. I heard a car to the West and some odd sounds of gunfire in Novy, I finally spot someone.

To the West I spy a sniper in the trees looking over the military tents. Ghillie Suit and the noticable brake of the AS50 visible even at this distance.

Range finder says 1080m.

Dial for 1000 and hold just high on the prone form's chest.

I shoot.

I see blood and the bloke collapses flat. But I don't see any death message. Ah, I twigged. The server had them switched off.

I check the debug. My Murders (!) had gone up by one, damn I was hoping to kill another bandit. I wait a little incase he wasn't alone. Which was lucky because I see another ghillie'd sniper running away from the trees and to the West.

I decide to bug out incase the bloke leaving had a rough estimate on my location.

It's risky but I head to the hill overlooking Starry towards the NE. I get into position and spot a chopper crash in the distance. A likely mark that might lure some prey in...

ArmA2OA2012-09-1621-41-54-33.png

ArmA2OA2012-09-1621-41-58-68.png

I wait for five minutes, not even a sniff. Can't even hear any action down below in Starry. I opt to get up on a knee to get a better view of Starry (first person only server) when I hear a noise...

I spin around with my rifle up and see a survivor running up the hill towards me. He notices I have seen him and he runs behind a tree not twenty metres away.

Weighing up the odds of a M107 at close range with no crosshairs, I initiate negotiations.

"How you going there, mate?" I state. Pretty good he replies still behind cover.

"So how are we going to go about this?" I ask, "are you friendly?"

"Friendly! Friendly! Friendly!" he yells over the mic. Either way I'd be fluffed so I lower my rifle and invite him to peek and confirm this.

ArmA2OA2012-09-1621-49-16-72.png

He acknowledges and meets me on top of the hill. We exchange a little banter and how much we were both packing our dacks just then.

In thanks for not shooting me on sight I drop my M4 SD on the ground and tell him to go nuts. I get a water bottle out of him since I was starting to get a bit thirsty...

I ask what he's after and advise him the tents have already been raided and the chopper crash I spotted only had a couple of weapons with bugger all ammo present from a distance.

He says he's after NVGs and a GPS. Merry Christmas, I pop my GPS and NVGs in his pack and tell him to be careful.

Snipers are everywhere in these parts...

It does feel good to interact with other players in words and not bullets.

Sometimes.

Just had an epic fight. We took out a heli while it was circling Devils Castle (where we had a bunch of vehicles including our own heli parked) but not before they managed to paratroop a couple of players nearby, one of which was shot North of the castle by our sniper and another who flanked up the tower and took out the two in our group up there, I drove up from Berezino hoping to take out the remaining player and had an awesome firefight at the castle walls, taking out one bandit that came up behind me when I was watching the heli and then another who caught me looting the body, before a third escaped in our heli, despite me emptying my m249 into it, they also took out all the cars while they were making their escape. I survived on <2k blood. So awesome!

Edited by smasht_AU

Not sure whether to be pissed or laughing silly.

I was chilling at Elektro by myself, getting some basic food and drink on a low populated server when I hear zombies clammering to tear into someone. I hear the sound of a Ural honk ring out, I guess these guys thought they were safe on this low populated server. I see them coming up over the tiny hill from Drakon into Elektro. I watch and wait from the road near it, concealed. Once their tires hit the dirt the speed drops, and I see my opportunity. I put about 5 M107s into the driver, and he collapses in a pile of blood and ghillie in the road. His budy parkours out of the back, only to dive into my M107 bullet. I call my friends up and get them to join me, and after a while we eventually take off. We set out for Berezino, and on the way found the van at the gas station near Nizhnoye. Fixed it up with some parts at the local factory, and then left the Ural behind. After heading towards Berezino, we get satcheled.

Of course we just left the gear behind.. and logged into another random server 3 hours later wanting to get stuff back

After staying on that server for a while, a hacker teleported in a vehicle to me and started picking everyone up. He then teleported us to the Debug Plains where hackers had a massive camp set up, and he told us to loot everything. After looting for a bit, we all started telling our stories of what we were doing. The hacker got his chance to speak, and after his speech I was completely blown away. He told us the story about how he blew three people in a van up, about a few hours ago. He thought it was hilarious, and decided to come to a random server later that day to help some people out instead of harm them. I sat there in disbelief, and eventually got around to telling him that I was the driver of that van. We both LOL'd and continued to loot the camps. After a bit, he delivered me back in Elektro where I was looting.

Edited by Dr. Do You In

Was playing with my friend, I spawned at silnichny, and saw the VS3. I was looking for parts to fix it and had to go almost to Berezino. On the way back I was being chased by lots of zombies. I heard suddenly a tractor. He was going along the train tracks as I was. At first I was going to shoot him in te face with my revolver but then thought again. It looked as though he was trying to run me over but he was actually killing the zombies.

Over direct I heard 'run' then a massive bang. I turned and saw that he had crashed the tractor which drew all the zombies. So I ran up the hill. I saw him get away and tried to follow. I was running across the hills calling out his name over direct. Fearing he was dead I headed back to the VS3.

And there he was! He didn't know I was there and I contemplated shooting him again. I didn't and said I was behind him. We greeted each other and fixed the truck. We drove south towards elektro where my friend was reall low on blood. We picked him and he noticed the heli had spawned. So we headed north again to find stuff we needed. My new friend said he had a friend back south again do we headed that way while my friend decided to get the boat back to the island.

We picked the new guy up and we persuaded them to get mumble. From there we forged an alliance and decided to get the heli to full operational status. So we headed north to get stuff, filled the truck then heade south again. My friend with the boat ha just arrived so after messing with the inventory to get the right stuff we jumped in the boat and headed over.

It was a good couple of minutes just talking then we landed. We headed up and repaired all but windows.(we didn't know about the extra fuel leak if they aren't fixed :'() anyway we refueled enough to get to a fuel tank thing. I went with the first guy I met in the heli while my friend went with the other guy. We lifted off and twenty seconds later I heard the pilot say we were out of fuel. Hours of work flashed before my eyes as I heard the sound of the rotors slow. It was agonizing to hear, then slowly we fell. I jumped out and was cut up by the blades( only way I can describe it I was in mid air and still died.) I respawned I'm elektro and bad to dodge lots of fire pretty quickly. The pilot(somehow) survivedz.

My friend picked him up and I said not to worry about me( there was LOTS of gunfire) and told him to fill the truck with supplies and weapons. I somehow got out of elektro and made my way north.(along the coast). I found another tractor that my friend had found alot earlier in the day and made my way to them. We met up and they had filled the truck with enough stuff to equip a whole army. Anyways we decided to go to our camp,(north somewhere). Along the way we discussed random things. Then as we were about to get to the camp,(20mins later) my friend clips the corner of a house and the truck blows up...(derr). They get thrown out and I stop the tractor and tend to them all.

We laugh it all off and I decide to call it a night, (not before I shoot my friend in the leg, because it's the sixth vehicle full of good stuff he has somehow destroyed and I forgot he had no blood and then he died :D. One of the new guys wanted to die aswell so we shot him.) I quit.

Lol that was easily the best experience I have had so far with dayz. This whole thing went on for about ten hours straight, ( we met the new guys about two hours in). My friend played for 25 hours straight that day and I would of but for stupid work, and guess what? He destroyed another truck he had filled with even better stuff! Anyways it was great cos through luck and me deciding not to shoot that guy we met up with a couple of nice guys and had an absolute blast.

First time I played the game 6/23/12

I spawned into my friends server not having a clue as to where I was, after an hour of running in a random direction night-time had hit and I saw this Red warehouse looking thing and a water tower, I eventually got up to the warehouse and waited for a couple minutes and tried to pinpoint where I was on this new world I had just entered. After tabbing back in from looking at my map, I see about 5 flashlights and gun fire coming from the distance. I got so scared and did not know what to do so I got down the ladder eventually after being too shocked to move and what do I see? a gun with a flashlight attached to it pointing in my face. I immediately book it hellbent into the pitch blackness. Bullets fired all around me, I could see the tracer rounds flying by as I ran like a madman in the dark. I had no idea where I was and ended up running into the wilderness to die from a gunshot wound. A few days later my friend mention a famed place called Stary Sobor, so we made the trip up there and I realized as we entered I saw a water tower and a red warehouse. My mind was blown that I had ended up here on my first day of playing and encountering a group of ruthless bandits who shot at me and made me bleed to death in the pitch black of the night.

I logged in today, about a kilometer North of Balota Airfield. I was down to two AK mags, so I thought I'd hit the Airfield real fast and see if I could get lucky. After crawling my way through some trees, sprinting through the few small fields, and finding a vantage point where I can get eyes on the ATC tower and part of the tarmac, I start hearing gunfire. I see a survivor with a hatchet run around the side of the hangar, vault the wire fencing in the tower door, and run upstairs. I was almost positive he was bleeding. Just as he reached the first landing, another Survivor with an AK pattern weapon runs around the side of the hangar in pursuit, vaults the wire, and runs up the stairs.

I hear a few more shots, and see a death message. At that point I had my Kobra sights locked in on the doorway, waiting for the guy to come down the stairs. About 20 seconds later I see his feet, and as soon as his head clears the top of the doorway I open fire. I don't like the sights on the Kobra, I don't feel like they're accurate. I took probably 7 shots in semi as fast as I could, and luckily he fell down. He didn't have anywhere else to go, it was either back up the stairs, or he would have to stand to vault over the wire again. He opted for the wire, and I let off some more rounds, and saw a death message after he fell.

I got a few AK mags, but he also had a Kobra, so I didn't get a better weapon. I quickly looted the tower for a few G17 mags (I was carrying one at the time, hooray for me), a morphine injector, and found pretty much nothing else in the hangars. So I bolted between the hangars and into the woods. I was going to make my way to Zelenogorsk, but real life came knocking and I had to log out for a bit.

After doing some important, but boring shit for a few hours I was able to play again, so I found a populated server and logged back in. I was still near Balota Airstrip, so I figured I'll try the hangars again. Maybe find an AKM or another DMR, and then I could head to Zelenogorsk.

This time I took the side approach to the concrete wall that runs along the Eastern side of the hangars. I low crawled under the gap, and slowly crept through the small buildings, and into the first hangar. Nothing there. There were some zombies walking around on the tarmac, so I continued sneaking as silently and carefully as possible, and ducked into the corner of the second hangar. I saw a crouching figure in the opposite corner of the hangar, and figured out that it wasn't a zombie about a second before he saw me and raised his weapon.

So I just started firing. The guy fell over, stopped shooting, so I took a few aimed shots at his head to make sure, and bandaged myself. I was REALLY low on blood, I'm surprised I was still conscious. I went to check the guy for loot, and scored.

M16A2 M203, and about ten STANAG mags. To top it off, there was a small handful of 40mm HE rounds.

:lol:

I took cover in a cargo container, ate the 5 cooked meat I had in my pack, took some painkillers, and scooted without even checking the ATC tower.

It was a good day...

I think its about time I fire up that DayZ blog again...

Its 12:00 AM, I've slept pretty much all day due to this stupid flu I have and can't get back to sleep.

So the story goes like this. I log in to find out that a few things have happened:

1) The camp I had originally set up in the far west of Chernarus was compromised. Barbed wire was cut, tents looted and a couple of the bikes I had stored up were gone. Except for one.

2) A chunk of my perishable inventory was missing. I lost a bunch of M4 magazines, water, food and my Makarov magazines and bandages that were readily accessible. I had extras in my backpack, which seemed to have survived whatever happened with my inventory.

So, with that done, I figured I might as well do something silly and do some Cross Country Biking from one end of Chernarus to the other. Starting at the far west of the coastal highway, all the way to the northeast. At this time of night, not many people were playing, so going through both Chernogorsk and Elektrozavodsk was without any issue or conflict. So, beyond that point its just open highway, small towns and whatever else. Clear as can be aside from the hordes of zombies that catch notice for a moment.

Eventually I pass into the Krutoy region, which is where the highway and coast bends up to the north. I wasn't expecting much at all beyond this point, since players prefer to stick within, or between, or north of Cherno/Elektro. All I had in mind was just to get up to Berezino (Last city on the highway going north), Hide my bike and then log off. Mission accomplished, do something interesting tomorrow.

But nope. My luck had something completely different in mind.

Not too far along the road from the Krutoy bend is a small, industrial-esque town called Solichniy. Coming from the south, you pass through the town itself, then you start to go through the factories and docking area. At the very end of this are two bridges, One for a train and another for vehicles.

Approaching this, I noticed that the bridge had been blocked off entirely with Barbed wire. I didn't really think too much of this at the moment, as its not uncommon for other survivors to block off a bridge, or an entrance of a building just to be dicks. So I turned off to the train bridge and zipped on over. Or well, tried to at least. At the very end, they had put more barbed wire, almost underground due to a glitch in the terrain. The bike got stuck.

I hopped off the thing and went to take care of the barbed wire.

Suddenly I heard an engine roar to life, and a military jeep wheel out behind a building and start hurdling towards me over the train bridge. I'll be honest with you, I don't think there has ever been a moment in this game that has ever had me go deerfaced at a computer screen. I stood up, backpeddled and started hammering rounds at the driver side window of the vehicle and stepped off to the side of the bridge.

The vehicle tried to ram me, but ended up deflecting off of the railing I had retreated behind. It continued on for about 10 meters before one guy ejected from the driver side. He was bleeding, I had apparently hit him in my initial spray of fire. Having plenty of rounds left in my rifles magazine, I proceeded to blast him with whatever was left inside of my gun. I reloaded, approached his fallen body and dumped more rounds into his face, and noticed the vehicle had started to rev up again.

I dumped more rounds into the vehicle as it tried to retreat, but whoever was driving now was probably panicking as much as I was and fired the vehicle off, full speed, along a raised railway. The vehicle lost its balance and flipped off onto its side and the new driver attempted to eject. The second he got back up, I once again dumped the entirety of my magazine into him and killed him.

At the end of it all. I was left with two dead bandits. Two less magazines. One fucked up jeep. A potential heart murmur and my Trusty Ringy Dingy Bicycle.

I love that fucking thing.

Once I had regained my bearings I hid in the ditch of the bridge for a few moments to see if anyone else was going to show their ugly face. Minutes passed and nothing, just quiet. So I figured I might as well test my luck and see what these fuckers were packing. The first guy I had killed had the same rifle as me, An M4a1 CCO. But he had only a few magazines which I took up.

The next guy over at the jeep had a bit more of a bounty. I was able to grab Nightvision, Radio and a couple makarov magazines. After checking both of them, I didn't bother to take the time to hide the bodies. I just buggered off, got on my bike and finished off what ended up to be the worlds most fucked up cross country bicycle ride.

I love this game.

I would love to know who the hacker I encountered last night was... I was holed up in a first floor room (for the Americans among us, that's the second storey) of a house when suddenly I hear Bob Marley.... "Don't worry".... "Everything's Gunna Be Okay".... The wife and I were like "What DAFAQ?!?!?!"

So, I switch the AKM to Fully Automatic and reload to 30 rounds, and stack 4 more mags into my inventory from my bag, and wait... I'm cornered, there's some douché down there playing Marley... And, I'm sure he's coming this way...

The server has that freaking peripheral vision blobs thing going on, and I see a blob real close which could only be moving inside the house, up the stairs in fact... But its silent... I'd not seen this from a hacker before... silent foot steps... Bob Marley is getting closer and closer... The wife is sat up on the bed craning right around to see what is going on by now...

When Suddenly....

A rabbit runs into the room... And I freak out, I unload a whole AKM mag into this thing... And its just stood there... Playing Bob Marley...

I stop firing, wipe the sweat from my brow, and disconnect, I'm not going to be playing as no hackers puppet on a string... But to whomever you are out there playing Marley... Weird Dude... Proper Weird...

Today, my survivor turned 56 days old. To celebrate, i invited a buddy of mine to my base of operations, where we partied with beans, coke and morphine auto injectors.

We decided to head to NWAF by way of Zelenogorsk and Green Mountain. The server we were on must have been glitchy or hacked as our indicators (Food, Drink, Temp, Audibility and Visibility) were all showing Solid green and no noise regardless of how hard we ran on the road. At first we thought it meant we didn't have to eat or drink, but when my buddy started to die for no reason we realised he was thirsty...

The trip went well, we stopped at a barn to find a hatchet and a couple of deer stands for various odds and ends. Eventually we reached Zelenogorsk and after surveying the town we were confident it was bandit free, so we made our way in. By the time we reached the supermarket we'd gathered quite a horde, but we had plenty of ammo and it was easy to quell. Surprisingly, there was little of use there so we proceeded north to the police station.

One Zombie spotted us.

Without much thought, I fired upon it. It was an easy kill, however the thirty or so that followed were more of a problem. We hurried into the police station where i took up a position covering the entry while my buddy searched for loot. But they were in the walls, man... They were in the walls....

I was almost immediately over run and knocked unconcious for quite a while. Slowly bleeding out and without a bandage between us it seemed certain that, at the age of 56 days, I was done for. My buddy galliantly stood above me fending off the waves of walkers that came pouring in, but we were already planning what gear to save and what to leave with my corpse. There were too many and it seemed hopeless.

Then, I awoke. Legs broke and on death's door i crawled into the next room and found a bandage. Hastily applying it and some morphine (Between blackouts) and getting to my feet.

New plan. Operation: GTFO. I stood at the door and gazed out into the world. The forest was a dark gray blur in the distance. Everything was a dark gray blur, really... Immediately I sprint towards it. My buddy follows and calls out obstacles and zombies as I approach, because I cant see a thing, and my focus is on the beautiful dark gray blotch ahead. We make it there and with only two Z's in tow. My buddy quickly dispatches them and locates a boar. He kills it and then leads me to it, as he didn't have a hunting knife to gut it with.

After a quick but insufficient feed, we proceed further and find a cow and a goat. My vision had regained some colour but the blur had remained. Still, I was able to hunt the cow and goat and build a fire. We had a good old aussie barbeque, cooked up two great beasts and divided up the meat. I was back at full health, but my vision was still a-blur, so we decided to call it a day. We checked where we were on the map and signed off.

I wonder what my 57th day will bring...

We decided to head to NWAF by way of Zelenogorsk and Green Mountain. The server we were on must have been glitchy or hacked as our indicators (Food, Drink, Temp, Audibility and Visibility) were all showing Solid green and no noise regardless of how hard we ran on the road. At first we thought it meant we didn't have to eat or drink, but when my buddy started to die for no reason we realised he was thirsty...

Hit esc, go into the options, and set the GUI to "default" not "debug". I wish the debug interface would still act like the default, so I can see how much blood I have or zombies there are while still being able to see that I am dying of thirst, but oh well.

I just had a pretty good adventure tonight.

The boyfriend and I were tired of having our maxed out gear, so we log onto the most populated server we can find to try and go bandit hunting. Unfortunately, I get sniped within seconds of loading in. I wasn't too upset. I was more upset over the fact I didn't even get the fun of fighting back.

Anyway, I spawn up around Komarovo and start heading east toward Cherno. I see little puffs of smoke that appear to be gunpowder. Around the corner appears a player with a hatchet. She starts running when she sees me until i tell her i'm friendly and unarmed. At that point she gives me a hatchet for myself. Once equipped, I see another player running toward a warehouse, with a couple zombies behind him. I alert the other player, and we investigate. There was a bandit running around hacking at us with again, a hatchet xD He had killed her, but I was able to avenge her death. Once I was getting hit though, I was prepared to die. But I wasn't finished. My blood was flashing red and I was able to heal, but my vision was almost in 8-bit, it was getting dark, and I kept passing out. I still ventured east along the coast making the occasional distress call, not getting my hopes up. Moments later, a man in a guille suit appears and asks me what i'm doing, since I'm prone. I respond, "Dying." xD I told him the event with the bandit and went to grab me a blood pack. I was all healed up, he gave me a weapon, and just seconds later, hackers start shooting at us.

It was a short run, but a good run. Nice to see that there's still friendlies out there. I've only encountered bandits in my past. So this was a nice change of pace.

• Like 2

Wel i had a interesting night. This is what happend. Me and my buddy had come acros a tent with a lot of satchelcharges, so we dicided to try blowing up some bandits down in electro. Wel it didnt take long untill we encountered our first bandit. Right by the powerplant i went down to place a charge in tge top of the firestation with my friend covering me from the hill. I didnt even get halfway down before a bandit sudenly stood next to my friend trying to shoot me. My friend tok him out quick with the mark48. After i placed the charge i was on my way up again when my friend got killed by another bandit. I recognized the nameplate on my way up as one of the server admins. The steep hill made me loose him for awhile just long enogh for him to hide and wait for me earning him another kill. I spawned right next to electro and manage to get up to the hill again just in time to see my charge go off. A disarming goone wrong maybe?? Sweet revenge i though. But wait. Kicked by sqript restriction #20???? what a suprise. When i finaly got back inn the building was fixed and admin was nowhere to be found. So i thought to myself, fu this coward. We switched servers and met up by the store in electro. We started looking for food and weapons and made our way over to the powerplant again. And to our suprise, all the cars on the map was parked around the powerplant. My friend ran straight over to one of them, jumped in and KABOOOM. Hackercars that explode and kils everyone inside but dont get destroyed. I tought, ok that was actualy little funny and creative. That was until i got shot in the head by a as50. Thats really not wery creative. Either way, a wery busy night x)

I had the most best in game experience of my life last night, let me elaborate.

I bolted down the streets of Elektro my gun in hand and the moans of the un-dead behind me, I turned around firing from the hip managing to drop a couple of the horde that was following me. I looked left to right, my FN FAL doing its job against the Horde managing to stave them of just long enough for me to locate a super market slightly further down the road.

"Ah Ha!" I said as I bolted towards the summer market full speed holding nothing back. I smashed through the doors and looked up. My heart stopped. A bandit right infront of me probably just as shocked as I was a makarov held in his hand pointing straight towards me. It took me moments to snap out of my trance and I frantically smashed the left mouse button sending bullets of fiery flying into his body, bloody holes appearing almost instantly in his chest. I popped a mag into him before realizing it was overkill he was probably dead in the first three bullets and I was already low on ammo. I cursed my self for my stupidity, now having to defend my self from the thickening zombie horde. I slammed my finger into alt wheeling my head around to see if they were already pouring through the door, to my total astonishment they were simply milling around the supermarket. I ducked my head in thanks to what ever god there was looking over me in this forsaken land. I stealthily creeped towards the bandit corpse and then a sudden joyous realization struck me... this and been my first human kill. I started to loot his corpse, finding relatively high-tech gear compared to his weapon. A map,Gps, NVG and the base survival gear, a hunting knife, axe and matches. I almost jumped with joy at this epic find and turned to the bountiful store that was before me food and drink scattered all around the floor with more than a few big guns on the floor. And clasped my hands together looked up to the roof and prayed for more good findings...

Lets call this one, the NHS Porter...

*Cough* I think *cough* I got an infection *cough*, I really need *cough* to get to a *cough* Hospital....

This was how my evening began, we've settled down on a US server for the evening and actually found a bike and are merrily riding up and down the map... I could tell you tales of terror about how the bike handles, but instead I'll tell you about one particular scream of terror... I'm pounding the pedals along the road South-West of the two Sobar towns, with the plan to hit the military tents (I'm only looking for a bigger-back-pack) I bring the bike in from the south and take a spot in the tree's to get a view of the town... No Zombies... No players... Huzzah!

I set off again into the town and I'm pounding along... Whhhaaaaa..... Hurrrrg..... Zuwaaaarrrr.... Scream the zombies from side to side of me... Raaaar.... Whaaaaaaaa Hurrrrrrghhhhhhhh... Sniff.... They carry on making noises.... There's a wrecked hummer a head, I'm doing 48 down this road... and this is the first time I decide to use the brakes... Sorry did I say brakes?... I meant to say... "This is the first time I decided to blow really hard between pursed lips in a really miss-timed effort to try and stop this speeding bike"... I mean really, who came up with the stats for the old bike?... It can accelerate from 0-40 in like 4 seconds but stops in a longer distance than an oil-tanker with a brick on the accelerator in a rip tide.

So, I hurtle down this road, there's a whole pride parade of zombies following me... I feel like I'm in Thriller one second and then feel like I'm made of clay on a roller coaster the next... I am Michael Jackson...

So, after actually managing to stop, instantly by touching a small piece of debris in the street... I'm breathing heavy, just as my fan club of zombies arrive... Whack, bleeding... whack coughing... Shit, pedal pedal pedal.... back pedal... shit shit shit move bike, jesus.... So I'm off again, the gaggle of funky fraggle prancing zombies are following, I'm bleeding, the sun is going down... Holy crapola, are we on a mission.... Get safe, get bandaged, get food... Get Antibiotics.

Now, antibiotics... from what I can tell, less people have seen them than have found the holy grail... so after bandaging up in some tree's I'm doubtful of the chances of finding any... But, I harvest some goats, cook a meal, fill my water bottles and then far more cautiously take to the bike and head south to Cherno.

I pull up and stash the bike in a bunch of tree's and head on a wonder, night is falling, there is no moon, I have no NVG... Flares FTL.... they're all I have...

I chuck a few into the nothern suburbs, then make a dash from the tree line, picking up a bunch of Z's, and I pass through a red brick building, then around another low grey building, there are about 5 Z's on me.... The flares are way north of me, the shadows are big and consumption has me in its grip, as I run in circles around a broken down car and wall in an attempt to open the gate to the military tents and get into the medical tents... But will this door open.... *cough*... not it won't.... Around I go... 5 zombies, becomes 7.... I feel like snow-frikkin' white.... 7 becomes 9... 9 becomes... well you get the idea... Finally, the gate opens... Straight slap into my face, pushing me back into the road and into the loving arms of my wee horde of groupies. And I seriously don't enjoy the cuddles they give me... So I loose a whole mag of AKM rounds into them on full auto...

I can hear Al Pacino screaming "Say hello to my little friend" in my minds eye... They're falling left, they're falling right, the flares fade away... i can only see them in the muzzle flashes... 20 rounds... 10 rounds.... 5 rounds..... click.... change mag... and listen... *PARP*... there's no-zombies close... But I can hear them scurrying over to the commotion... I don't wait long, I drop a new flare, duck around the gate into a building and out the back, then climb the ladder onto the low roof of the factory, over looking the medical tents... And I wait....

There's zombies all over... there's one flare burning... I'm in Cherno... And there are over 25 people on this server.. SOMEONE had to hear this cluster fuck.

5 minutes, 10 minutes.... the flare dies... Its just me, the night and my cough.... I eat food and drink, down to my penultimate pieces and water bottle... No-one is coming... I drop down the ladder, line up what I think is the medical tent against the sky-line and I duck inside... lighting my G17 and starting my search.... NO Anti-Biotics.... I fill up on bandages.... Check the second tent... Also nothing.... FU-*cough*-CK.

I got to leave this area, there was too much commotion, I duck out north-east, cross the rail tracks and using flicks of the G17 make my way north and then west and then down to the hospital, mid-way across the football field there I hear the crack of an enfield a head... someone is in the apartment buildings, right on the roof of the middle one, loosing shots down.... at what? Me?... No.... Zombies?.... No....

This fool is trying to brake the glass on the hospital front with an enfield and thinks doing it from the apartment roof will stop the Z's... There's about 20 Z's milling about at the pavement level... and five are actually climbing the steps... This guy has chucked about 6 flares down around the buildings, its lit up like Blackpool.

"Hey buddy" I call into my mic "stop shooting, friendly, friendly, I'll brake the glass"...

"ver loren get hen Bastard" was the rough reply I think we got... and the only words I understood was "Bastard"... So, *coughing and spluttering* I stayed where I was in the shadows... night and foliage my only protection...I don't know how many rounds he has... Nor how many he's fired... but I start to count them... Bang... Bang.... bang.... three, he's moving.... Bang bang... He's on the lip now shooting straight down at Z's... Bang Bang.... Click... he's out... Reload?... No... Pistol.... Its a M1911... He's loosing off rounds like they're going out of fashion... three clips later however, I see in the eerie glow he's onto his hatchet... And coming down the steps...

Piles of Z's lay in the street, the glass remains intact... He sprints out across the road hacks the glass down and ventures in, he's stirred up a shit storm though... at least 6 zombies are at the glass waiting for him, as he moves left and right they're drawn to him like flies to dog shit... I could hose the whole area with AKM fire, or just throw a couple of grenades into the building and be done with them all... But I'm not evil, I'm not going to murder him unless I absolutely have too...

He's hacking them down now, the stragglers... And he's sprinting... sprinting.... into the middle of the street, where he starts to throw more flares... South, West.... North... Oh shit is that about to land next to me?... Yup, sure enough, this flare lands right in front of my face... and Helmut the Hospital Hoarder is now charging right at me axe at the ready... That's it....... and a single shot rings out from my AKM, he crumples, he dies... There are no Z's... I'm saddened.

I move quickly, extinguishing the flare I check his body, carrying the weapons, no ammo left, he had a :beans: though... :|

I shuffle across the road, hearing a new Z gurgling and I extinguish another of the flares and skip around the back of the hospital to check the medical supplies... No Antibiotics... I clamber onto the roof... Nothing... my blood has gone from vivid green down into musky red by now, and I need to eat also... I check the boxes in front of the hospital, nothing of use, and then retired to the apartments in turn, eating anything I can.

Refreshed to the tune of two cans of beans, a pepsi and one can of pasta, with a can of my favourite frank and beans stashed in my bag, I need to formulate a plan.... I need Antibiotics... problem... None spawned..... Answer... encourage new things to spawn... Solution?... Put as much stuff from my inventory into my bag... Empty the hospital of stuff and wait for more!

So there I am, its pitch black, I'm moving in and out of the hospital, collecting blood bags, epi-pens, morphine, bandages and bloodbags and dumping them out front, there must be well over 80 bloodbags out there alone... so you can imagine the site of shit strewn everywhere... Back and forth, back and forth, onto the roof... out the back... Tin cans, empty soda cans, medical supplies.... I'm shifting it all out time upon time upon time.... *cough* Not yet... Not yet *cough*.

9pm comes and goes... 10pm.... 11.... The wife goes to bed... 12midnight, the dog farts under the desk, I stay there breathing in that beefy aroma... I'm on a *cough* mission...

1am... I can't stay, I have work, I must go.... *cough*... 6000 blood, hours wasted... All these moments will be lost, like tears in the rain, time to die... *cough*.... That's it... I'm done, I can't go on, I've been up and down the front of this hospital longer than I care to mention, any-moment someone is going to chance upon me... I nip out the front, drop a flare myself and hop up the ladder onto the low roof, then up onto the main roof, down the back ladder and... There...

In the Grass..... There is ......Could it be?.... No, it must be pain killers.... Yeah, Its just....Oh my god... its not pain killers.... IT IS ANTIBIOTICS!!!!! B)

Update: Upon logging into a server US1988 (hosted Iron Raptor) last night at approx 9pm (GMT+1) our valiant survivor of the infection plague was stood on the debug planes, stripped of everything and starving... Thank you hack-tards, thank you so very much. >:(

Edited by Xelous
  • Like 2

My first story which inspired mt to create my account and post my first story.

One of my tent locations was compromised and leaked through a YouTube video. I decided to defend what was left when I got home from work. The name used in this story has been changed at the request of my buddy.

As you now know the backstory of the cause of this organized defence, I will jump right into the action.

By 'organized defence' I mean "Bill": armed with his trusty hatchet (you may laugh but his character is going on 30+ days of survival), and myself: armed with my trusty, military-grade L85 with thermal scope. We both don our best ghillie suits and make our way to the operating area. 2 wookies in a Russian state filled with infected, flesh-craving zombies and tent raiding bandits.

The plan was simple: ambush any and all tent poachers who approach my now empty storage device. The initial content assessment of my tent was heartbreaking. Night vision goggles, GPS, a large amount of ammo and my silenced MP5 were all missing. This motivated the operation to last much longer than expected.

Having the tactical advantage of a large christmas tree almost directly next to my tent provided us with a simple tactic: "Bill" would lie in wait at the center of the tree (this would prevent anyone with thermals from detecting his position) and pounce on the would be robber as he rifled through what was left of my supplies. "Bill" would take the kill as his humanity has grown to Hulk-like levels (over 18,000) so the deaths of the offenders would do little for his transformation into banditry. I would position myself about 300 meters away in a treeline to overwatch the red zone and rain 5.56mm death if needed.

After about 40 minutes of waiting in doubt, I see the bright white sillouette of a player approaching. The pilferer stopps and scans the area before him with his binoculars, unaware that 2 angry mossmen are plotting to relieve his shoulders of his head. With no threat from thermal support, we remained safe within our death nests waiting for our little bambi to approach. Seeming satisified with the state of his security, the unknown player approached in a crouch run. My heart was beating a mile a minute, the stress a mix of anticipation and nervousness.

The unsuspecting player kneels before my storage altar and in a few seconds he is sacrificed to the tent gods with the business end of "Bill"'s axe. Grim satisfaction filled my heart. We search his body, take some food and drink (we pretty much have every piece of gear we want) and bury the body with his poor M16. It didn’t even get to bark a response.

Happy with our success, "Bill" repositions himself and we wait once more. The stress now replaced with confidence and high morale.

Our next contestant arrives about 1 hour later, much more cautious than his predesessor. I barely make out a flat object approaching. He is a bright white caterpillar crawlling against a murder red backround. It takes this player about 20 minutes to make his way to his own impending doom, all the while stopping and looking around wildly in third-person. Another bambi without thermal support. Never rising from his crawl, he enters the killzone.

As "BIll", once again, emerges to deliver the Jason Vorhes to our new friend, the player is prone no more. He is now at a crouch trying frantically to shoot his attacker who is strafing around him, face-to-face, like a creepy merry go round. The sharp echos of high-caliber death filled the area. Eventually, the poor Bambi's AK goes silent, expending its death-dealing contents to no avail. A few seconds later, another sacrifice to the tent gods is ferried across the river courtesy of his axe. The spirits of the dwarves from Khaz Modan could find no faults in "Bill"'s axework.

Our success continues until we encounter our sixth raider. The balls on this bright white trailblazer are HUGE. He crests the hill south of the killzone at full sprint, never looking for any signs of threat. He seems to scream "Help, I'm alive!" and we are committed to solving his 1st-world-problem. Absolutely ZERO fuks are given by this Indiana Jones as he makes a 500 meter run across an open field seemingly unarmed. He casually kneels before the tent and our favorate axe-murderer is upon him. This fearless bambi stands tall and after "Bill"'s axe rises and falls about 8 times, the bambi is still standing. I am struck by panic and take no consideration to the proximity of my ally. I close within 150 meters of the combatants and fire 2 successive shots into our superhuman guest with no effect, narrowly missing my axe welding friend. As my mind raced to formulate a plan, "Bill" retreats behind the tree that enabled this whole night of fun.

Then, suddenly, something unexpected happened. The in-game sound of the wind blowing, calmly blowing across the landscape, is shattered…..by the theme to The Neverending Story.

The music blares as he chases "Bill" (who is now terrified, expressing his intent to log out through our Raidcall channel) around the tree which has now taken the role of a parked car in a neighborhood game of FreezeTag, his pursuer still armed only with that catchy tune.

I fire 5 more shots towards our happy little guest. I can visually confirm that 2 found their mark. Zero fuks are given by the bambi. My rate of fire gives away my position and I see him making his way towards me. By now "Bill" has left the game, terrified. I am convinced a gigantic, flying dragon-dog is on it's way so I log out as well.

We laugh about the experience in Raidcall for a few minutes and recount the highlights of the night. Before our commitment to wave goodbye to zombie survival and bambi ambushes for the evening, we decide to check our tents on a different server. The new server has no players. We enter and make our way to another of our camps.

About 15 minutes into our hike we hear the faint sound of our nightmares: the theme to The Neverending Story. Holy Sh*t. We frantically look around. My thermal scope scans every possible direction of approach and I see the bright white ghost in the distance. He is running full sprint towards us, still unarmed, favorite song at the play. Based on our experience the last time we attempted to engage this player, we ran. We ran so far away.

However, Falkor had his own agenda for us. After running about 30 meters, he appears in front of us. We keep running. Forrest Gump was right about one thing in his life at least. He gives chase and we decide to split up. He follows me as "Bill" logs out. After about 15 more meters of Gumping, I do the same.

We do not log back in that night.

• Like 3