Bored hackers, trying to get you to do a gladiator thing no doubt.

You HAVE seen this video, right?

http://kotaku.com/59...ht-for-survival

Nope, I haven't seen that one, yet. But thanks, now it makes sense. I should have picked up the "hatch[et]"... ;) I just find it a little disturbing that they seem to be able to 'disconnect' - or was it a kick(?) - people from the server, too, apart from all the other mischief...

At least they did let me live...

I spent about two days gathering up provisions, enough so I could head up north, after two days my plan was to go to the south airfield to see if I can find some ammo a backpack and matches

Then I was going to go to a main city quickly pick up some provisions and try my luck up north although this was a plan I had everything I needed, to enough ammunition to kill a flood of zombies, to tents to store my equipment. I avoided most other players, I was crawling through the airport which was flooded with zombies. I moved into the air control tower and found extra ammo that I didn't really I need with an enfield equiped (I lost my m14 due to a save gone wrong- i spawned with no m14 and just enfield ammo) I always take the stealthy approach using my patience as an advantage rather than going through unnessairy fights that I had found seemed not to work. I crawled out of the air control tower into the first hanger I found nothing of use and I procceeded to the next hanger. Slowly Avoiding all zombies I get into the next hanger and within about 2 minutes I hear someone yelling out something. I got alerted as my first game I was killed by a player within 5 minutes.

"help help' A flood of zombies probably about 30 or so come flooding in the hanger with this player infront of them. I immediately watch his weapons and he appears to be unarmed.

It is then I made the quickest decision to help this player yelling run to the air control tower! and I run there avoiding zombies.

Now I was waiting for him at the bottom of the air control tower I hear his yelling but he is to far away for me to understand anything.

I shoot. 5 zombies go down to the kill count of 156

I hear him screaming out help I reply where are you? As I go up to the roof and notice 2 zombies there which wasn't there before I shoot them. With that I hear Don't worry I'm dead.

So I got out of their snuck out, wondering where he died I was crawling and noticed a large swarm near the ladder. He procceeded to go onto the roof but somehow managed to get to the side.

I saw he was dead and decided to move on as fast as possible

Keeping myself to a crawl then --- Bang --- Dead sniped. One Bullet

It wasn't the player I tried to help, but I am sure my gun shots alerted this killer to my where abouts

Since then I haven't played . I am rounding up my army... which so far has got up to 5 players.

I will never help out a player again...

I'll try to keep this story short.

So, if you've seen the post on US-1040's colony, you probably know that it's a huge shit-storm of griefers/hackers/claims of admin abuse. If you haven't read any of it, grab a beer and some popcorn and go give it a read. It's pretty entertaining in and of itself. Well, I thought I'd chime in, since the colony sounds like a fun idea, especially when everyone who reads about it tries to attack it.

Anyway, I thought I'd try to head to the server next time I died. Almost immediately after deciding this I stepped on a tire someone had placed in a doorway and both my legs broke, so I rolled over to the nearest pack of zombies and let them eat me. I log into 1040 and it's night time, which I don't play on too often, since I'm band new and it's scary. I start making my way through the forest, in the darkness, thinking about how freaky it would be if someone like slender or jason shows up.

"HEY!" yells some dude who I totally didn't even see running up to me. I flip shit and start yelling into my mic and the guy points out that I shouldn't be worried since he clearly has a hero skin. Turns out it's HunterBoy, the server's admin and the guy who set up the colony. We have a good conversation, he gives some great gear, he calls in a chopper and we fly over to the colony.

On the way, some guys tried to call in the helicopter with a flair so they can ambush it, but Hunter just fires the machine gun at them. We land on top of the construction building at the colony, I get out, we start talking, then someone artillery strikes the whole colony, then teleports us all into mid-air above the ocean. Then the server resets. It was pretty fun up until the hacking, and even that wasn't a big deal.

• Like 1

This is my first post in the forums. I've played over 50 hours and my current character is on his 10th day, with at least 20 hours of actual gametime.

This is the story of my first killings:

At this point I've been surviving in Charn for about a week by myself. I've been up and down the east coast, explored all of Berezino, I've made loot runs on the Intl. airport twice, looted the military camps in Stary Sobor and Bolota, and basically explored everything in between. Needless to say, I was pretty well stocked and have mastered surviving alone. After my second run on the Intl. airport looking for NVG's (unsuccessfully) I decided to head back to Berezino to see if I could find any signs of life. I had a close call with a pack of zombies on the way and got turned around, forcing me to wander the wilderness for about an hour and a half before I made it to Berezino.

After checking out the town, which was devoid of sentient life, I made a decision to share my good fortune with others since i'd long forgotten what it was like to go without food, water, meds, and ammo. I knew Electro and Cherno was the best place to find people in need, even if it was a risk. I made my way down the coast, always sticking to the trees for cover. After making it to Solnichniy I started heading west through the woods with the Electro power station as my destination.

Through my trek west I would keep hearIng gunshots coming from the south. After a while I thought someone might have been hunting me since the never seemed to get further away even though I was in the boonies. I ended up skipping Electro because there was too much gunfire, so I thought the woods north of Prodgoroki was a safe place to scope out survivors from afar and head to them if they needed assistance. Well, unfortunately this proved to work well, though not in the way I imagined.

As I reached my destination I spotted two survivors running west into Prodgorodki, firing intermittently at attacking zombies. They seemed to make a stand in one of those grey warehouses with the catwalk inside. I watched them through my binocs for about 5 minutes and the gunfire never stopped. A steady stream of zombies pored into the building but from my vantage point I couldnt tell how their fight was faring.

Eventually one of the survivors sprints out the building and heads west; I did not see the other emerge, so I had to assume the worst. I was excited, this was my chance to render aid to a fellow survivor. I threw caution to the wind and sprinted after him in the open, running down the hill after him. He made it to another warehouse, exactly like the one he ran from, with me trailing after him.

I reached the building with no idea of what to say. I stopped outside near a small L-shaped wall and waited since I could still hear gunfire from inside the building. I knew running in might get me killed so as the gunfire winded down I clumsily blurted out, "Hello, I'm friendly! Ummm. I heard gunshots and wanted to check if anyone needed assistance."

My introduction was met with silence, and since adrenaline was retarding my ability to think I blurted out, "Ummm. Do you need help? I'm coming in...urp..." I said as I realized that it would be stupid to do that so I just waited my the wall and watched.

Shortly after that two people emerged from the building, killed a few more zeds with an AK and a military shotgun, and stopped to look around for me with their guns raised. We spotted each other, me peaking out from my wall and them by a group of bushes. We both hide behind our cover and wait for the other to make their move.

It seemed like they were talking, trying to decide what to do, but since I heard nothing I assumed they were using Skype or something. I used the 3rd person cam to keep an eye on them from behind my cover, and as I saw them leave their cover, rounding the bushes in a low crouch with their weapons drawn it dawned on me:

They are coming to kill me!

Now I'm not proud of myself for getting spooked, but I had no cover for a retreat and I announced myself to two well armed people and was met with silence. What would you have done?

I had to think fast! I started to back myself away from my cover while keeping my eye on the wall for them to round the corner. I wasn't going to give up the initiative, so I shouldered my gun, readied a grenade I scavenged from the airport, and let it fly over the wall. It seemed to take forever for the grenade to explode but when it did I was shocked. Even though it exploded about 20-30m away on the other side of a wall it still blurred my vision and deafened me. My assault was met with a bittersweet "Collin was killed".

I was too amped to feel guilty...that would come later, so I took a knee and readied my M1A3 CCO and looked down the sight. The other survivor came around the corner and fired about 10 shots, all of which went high but were still close enough to hear the snap of the sonic boom as they passed by. After a few exchanges of bullets, his from his lower position from cover and mine from above in an open field, I decide to lob another grenade to disorient him.

It went high and far but the explosion was enough to alert the respawning zombies to his location. Luckily his AK was louder than my M1A3 and they converged on his location. While I was loading a fresh clip I saw my second message in the last couple of minutes,"Jeff was killed."

I ended up looting some medical supplies from Jeff but I didn't want to stick around since our battle was quite loud. I left before I could find the exploded Collin. I felt guilty afterward since I didn't know for sure if they were going to attack, but when someone comes to render aid you need to make sure to reply. Too many have died with nothing but their good intentions; saying "friendly" is a declaration of intent, not a statement of fact; a lesson they had to learn the hard way. I've since changed my name to Wasteland Medic and vowed to myself to not fire unless fired upon. If anyone comes across me in their travels please answer my call, I only want to help.

Sorry for the long story. I'm still looking for people to help. If you want to request my services add me on steam, my name is Mediocrity4TW, and send me a message. I'll do what I can

Edited by Mediocrity

I crouch in a wood & press 'G' my gear in full view. Mmm what a tasty kit selection, I press on. I have a DMR with 5 mags, an L85 CWS with 3 mags & a G17 with 4 mags. I have camo clothing & a gille suit & plenty of med supplies. Enough food & drink to last me the journey to Cherno & all the items in my tool belt to live off the land indefinitley. After speading a few days on & off acquiring this armoury, all clean, no murders, I head off to exact my revenge on bandits, those who had taken so much from me in the past. Their last dying breath would be my player name, my name would be a source of hope for surviours clinging onto their lives & gear & the word for dread in the hearts & minds of bandits. My..... 'Oh, where I'am I?' I take my map & plot my course. 'If I take the...Oh an orange blip, OH SH*********?' BANG!!! Frickin guy had been following me for a while, executed.

Moral in this tail? DO NOT fall in love with your gear & DO NOT, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DO NOT stop in the middle of an open field to look at you map..... EVER :)

Ha, I've got one. I'd spawned near Elektro, so I made my way to a barn to the north of it to see if I could find something to defend myself with before I made my way to the city itself. A risky venture, but what did I have to lose? On the way there, I walked by an ATV in the forest up the road a ways, but after some consideration I decided not to touch it because the owner(s) could be nearby, watching me, and might take exception. Nearing the barn door from the side, another survivor popped out, crouching with a crossbow aimed at me. "Hey," he said, "You friendly?" With fear in my voice I said that I was unarmed, but I wouldn't shoot him even if I did have a weapon, so I guess so. I don't remember eexactly what was said between us, I probably asked him if there was anything in the barn, and he said that there were a few corners he hadn't checked.

So, I start making my way up one of the staircases, and him the other. He wouldn't stop pointing his crossbow at me, it was freaking me out. I said, warily, "Please don't shoot me, it'll make me sad. I won't shoot you." He probably said something about how he wouldn't. As I was heading towards the next staircase to get to the top level of the barn, I heard the familiar 'th-whipp' of a crossbow firing, and I knew that a second earlier he had been aiming it at me. I wasn't looking at him, so I'm not sure if he was firing at me, but I said "Son of a bitch!" and tried to run, I figured that if I went down the stairs I might mess up or get stuck on something and he'd shoot me, so instead I just ran off the edge towards the other door, which had some forest nearby. Unfortunately, when I landed I heard the crack of my legs breaking, and I passed out. I thought I was done for, the guy came down the stairs and was standing over me, saying something like 'Oh shit man, haha, are you okay?' Unable to respond, I was resigned to my fate when suddenly, out of nowhere, bullets ripped through him. I didn't hear the shots, I have no idea where they came from, but blood began spurting from him in multiple places, at least one in his chest and one in his foot. Either multiple snipers came to my rescue or an automatic weapon killed him, I have no idea. Maybe the owners of the ATV showed their appreciation, if it didn't belong to crossbow-man.

I rolled to a corner of the barn and waited with bated breath, calling out to crossbow-man, wondering if he was alive. After some time, I reach the conclusion that if I was going to die, it was going to happen sooner or later, and at least I wouldn't have broken legs when I respawned. I checked the guy's body to see if I could do anything to help, but if the bullets hadn't killed him then the blood loss certainly had. I looted his body, finding some useful supplies, and also found an Enfield in a corner with some ammo. Wasn't my favorite weapon for my situation, but it was certainly better than nothing. With my goal, the Elektro hospital, in mind, I crawl to the city, popping a surrender and a salute or two as I left the barn.

I'm crawling through the open, making a bee-line for the hospital, figuring that it would take all day if I tried to be sneaky and I'd probably get spotted by a sniper and shot anyway, also thinking that the less time I was around the less likely I was to die. I stop near some bushes and a small tree in the middle of the field north of Elektro and just watch for a few minutes, seeing if any other players are in the city. I looked around a little for snipers, but ultimately I knew I'd never see them. A few seconds later I see zombies chasing someone in a ghillie suit who eventually ran into the back of the supermarket. The first thought that came to me was that this was one of those asshole snipers who'd killed me a few times, and he was dangerous so I should wait, let him pass by, but the more I thought about it, It became firmly set in my mind that I was going to kill this man, not only to save other survivors like myself, but for retribution. I heard some gunshots, and after seeing no movement, started making my way into the supermarket.

Shortly after I entered the store, I heard the buzzing of flies and saw the man's body a little ways inside the building.

Instantly warning bells were going off inside my head: Possible bandit in the area! But then, I saw a man in normal clothes in a corner, also dead. I figured that the two had fired at each other and both died, or the victor had been overrun with zombies. The ghillie suit had a revolver and some other supplies while the other had, iirc, an M4. I ditched my Enfield for it in a heartbeat. This was the first weapon of its kind that I had ever held.

Then, an unarmed survivor appears in the doorway. The man sees me and runs as I talk to him, telling him that I just found these dudes. The guy keeps running in and out of the building, seemingly trying to evade both me and the zombies after him. As I continue to loot the supermarket though, I get increasingly wary of him as he may be trying to sick zombies on me, but as a show of good faith I tell him that there's an Enfield on the body in the corner. He grabs it and I hear him firing it in the back of the store as I loot behind the counter and the front. Then, I see the top of his head crouch walking around the counter, towards me. He comes out from behind the counter, we aim at each other, I give him the benefit of the doubt and he fires, presumably hitting me in the shoulder. He goes back behind the shelves before I can fire at him, and the two of us jockey for position, me rolling around, trying to gain the upper hand. I see him heading towards the end of one of the shelves across the store, with me near the front door, and I aim at where I think he's going to pop out. He does, but unfortunately I have some mouse lag in this game, and when I pull my mouse onto his chest and pull the trigger, well, I fire, but my shots hit the wall next to him and his shot kills me.

Maybe cross-bow man didn't fire at me, maybe the man in the ghillie suit wasn't a sniper out to kill random people with impunity, but I guess I'll never know. Well, unless they remember that day, read this, and reply, anyway.

My friend and I were having some difficulties playing together. We could never find a server that both of us could play in. After numerous, frustating hours we got on the same server. Hurray! Now that we are both in game, it turns out we spawn on opposite coasts. -___-. We run along the coast for quite a while (but the server was virtually empty), and after about 40 minutes, my friend dies XD. I keep running and soon I find his body. I go prone on his body and wait for him to come back. I then die from a zombie attack, since I alt-tabbed. I spawn, so does my friend, and we make our way back to the dead final. Fianaly, after about 4 hours, we are reunited! So exited, I hit him with my axe......(high five maybe?)After hours of running, I broke his legs. yay! Just our luck, neither of us have any morphine. We're about 15 minutes way from electro, and I know what I need to do. I'm almost reached a hospital, when my screen flashes. A zombie attacked me, and my heart starts pounding. I'm bleeding. I run as fast as I can to the hospital, and miraculously find some bandages. blood bags and morphine! I jump with joy, but I soon relize I'm at 1500 blood. Not good. I take about 6 epi pens and run back to crawling friend. The problem is, I'm so low on blood I pass out about every 15 seconds. I make sure not to get chased by any zombies, which makes my trip even longer. Finally, after about and hour, I reach my friend. While just dying and meeting up again would have been faster, we are all well now! He stands up, we both heal ourselves, and begin a new journey! Then I open a door, we both break our legs, and are out of morphine. THE END!

• Like 2

Just recently i logged in inside the tower of the cherno fire station. upon finding i was locked in by someone's sandbags, i went back upstairs. i don't like to use glitches, but i had to use the ladder that shows up to get out. Once there, i spent a good ten minutes looking for the ladder to the ground, an ended up hopping down onto a little shed, and from there to the ground, luckily without taking any damage. I aggroed a zed, ran inside the main area of the fire station, noticing two empty tents. in a blind panic, i wasted all of my AKM's ammunition on the zombies that answered the birdcall of my gun, and ended up with a bodycount of 20 or so. halfway through, i had to swap to a makarov i had found on the ground. thankfully, by this time, another survivor had appeared. as i was running away from the station, i saw him get cornered and eaten. i decided to head to the supermarket and then bug out of Cherno. when i arrived there, i entered trhough the rear. within a few seconds, i heard a vehicle pull up outside and multiple gunshots, followed by two death messages. in a blind panic, i grabbed a revolver and ALICE pack, then ran for it. luckily, noone noticed me, or gave chase as i was crawling away through the fields. The End.

The other day I was on the roof of the firestation in Elektro. The firestation closest to the church and train station, not the one next to the factory building.

For whatever stupid reason, I had decided to climb the ladder to the roof first instead of raiding the inside of the building since I could hear flies on the rooftop. I figured that perhaps a well-geared sniper happened to meet his end on the roof and with any luck, he hadn't been looted yet. So I climbed up to the roof. I couldn't see any bodies immediately, but I noticed the sound of the flies was coming from the top of the watch tower. I climbed up the ladder, feeling extremely exposed in broad daylight. Anyone approaching the city would have been able to see me climb up the building, so I tried to be quick.

I did indeed find a corpse up there, but he wasn't all that geared. I took his double-barrelled shotgun and traded my revolver out for his makarov since I had more ammo for it than I did for the revolver. I also took his compass, tin of pasta, water bottle and a smoke grenade.

Now here's where I made a stupid mistake, For some reason I stood up by accident. In a panic I hit the prone button, not wanting to advertise myself to anyone running around the city or up in the hills. Thanks to the clunky controls and my clumsiness, I stumbled and proned right on the edge of the tower before falling down to the roof of the firestation. My legs broke and I was knocked out instantly. My blood started dropping fairly rapidly. But I managed to regain consciousness when my health got to around 6800 blood. I bandaged myself quickly, but then noticed that I didn't have any morphine on me. Damn. I wanted to make a move to the hospital only a few blocks up the road where I would undoubtedly be able to patch myself up, but I could hear some fairly loud gunshots coming from down the street in the direction of the hospital. I thought about just risking it and having my gun ready for any bandits, but then my friend logged into the game. He was just outside Cherno and had recently raided the hospital there, so he had ample blood bags and morphine. We chatted over Skype quickly and we agreed it'd just be safer for him to make the run over to Elektro and get up into the firestation to fix me up, rather than me risking fainting on the way to the hospital through the zombie infested streets. He was also better geared and more experienced than me.

So I waited on the rooftop, dragging me to what I felt was the safest and least exposed position on the roof where I had a clear view of the ladder. Whilst up there, I heard the occasional gunshot coming from the hospital, and even heard an explosion from (I think) the other firestation. After a couple of minutes, I looked down on the street and saw someone running with a massive zombie train. He was unarmed and looked like a fresh spawn.

He ran straight into the firehouse and ran up the inside of the tower. I pulled out my shotgun. Despite having a clear shot at him through the window, I still called out "friendly!?" over direct chat. Me and my friends really don't go around banditting, we have more fun making friends. And I figured that this guy might have some morphine on him. When he got to the top of the tower, he must have found an AKM, as he started shooting down the massive zombie train that had followed him inside. He was playing heaps recklessly. I shouted "dude, are you friendly??" over chat at least three or four times, and typed it into chat. He didn't reply. So I readied my shotgun about to take him out, but he finally replied as he climbed outside of the tower "I'm friendly please don't shoot!!!"

I lowered the gun and he crouched down next to me. I asked him if he was hurt, he said he wasn't, but he was in pretty desperate need for drink. So I let him have one of my sodas, which he was thankful for. I then explained my predicament to him and that I was in pretty urgent need of morphine. But unfortunately he didn't have any.

"But my friend's on his way, he's just at the church, he might have morphine," he told me. My friend on the other hand was still at least 5-minutes away.

The other guy's friend arrived, sporting a Lee Enfield. He was also wearing the bandit skin which made me a bit cautious. They both sat on the roof together. I asked his friend if he had any morphine to spare, saying that i was willing to trade for it as well. He just typed back "sorry no."

They stopped using direct chat after that. They then went and started climbing back down the ladder. I was pretty relieved. But my moment of relief was short lived as they scaled back up the ladder and reappeared on the roof again.

They didn't say anything to me this time, although I reminded them that I was indeed friendly and not about to shoot them. The first one with the AKM moved to the right side of me and the bandit-skinned one moved to the left of me. I knew exactly what was happening. He fired at me with his Lee Enfield and my blood dropped MASSIVELY, but shockingly enough I was still alive. I managed to fire off one round into his stomach with my shotgun before succumbing to his friend's AKM.

By this time, my friend was on the outskirts of Elektro and had seen the whole thing from the treeline. He was armed with a Remington and a Makarov. I started loading back into the game, but I was probably ages away yet.

He snuck inside the compound of the firestation and managed to stay undetected from zombies. He then jump on direct chat and shouted "Friendly!" He told them that he had seen one of them get shot and that he has blood packs if they need a transfusion. I can only assume that they invited him up to the roof because they let him up there. Once he got upstairs, he found the one that I had shot at bandaging himself. Without any warning, he fired his remington at point blank range, killing him instantly. He then had a firefight with the other bandit who tried to make a break for it down the ladder, but he was quickly dispatched by my friend.

Once I spawned into the game, I ran back to the firestation in Elektro, looting all my gear back. Justice was served >:D

Just goes to show that being a bandit and shooting people who are willing to help you isn't always the best way of playing the game. You don't know who has friends closeby or not :D

• Like 1

:( It didn't hit me thankfully. You definitely would have killed me but I could understand. Two guys running out of the dark towards you with 20 or so zombies behind them doesn't look good haha

Wanna play togethor

Its been a good day with some ups and downs.

Started off with my 2nd account runnin around...wherever...rockin an enfield and a pistol and all the gear to cook food.

-Electro : had 2 people who tried to snipe me with an as50 and an AR, they missed (terribly, I should have been dead to rights), I tried to flank, but they disappeared.

made my way up to bereznino got some more meds... no action.

found a bike in a forest...YOINK! 40 ppl on the server, so I roll around lookin for tents (found some up north of bereznino, searched for crashed helis etc. and BOOM found NVG's on a crashed heli, then find a ghillie in vybor...YOINK

NWAF: hit the north barracks and biked down to near the fire station when I start taking silenced fire, but couldnt see due to graphical glitches...I get a few rounds off on my attacker but I end up dying, I always do dumb shit after I get rare gear. There I was ringin my bell on the bike on the airfield...I felt like I was jugglin dildo's and skipping along like an idiot, but hell it was fun.

Interlude: I take a break, check dayzreddit and find that someone posted that he got banned from a server after he found a camp owned by the admins, I figure, "hell, I'll bite, it will be a fresh spawn anyway"

Spawn into the server with 4 ppl on it. I'm in balota at night, grab an AKM and a G17. No compass, but its no worries, I can read the stars. I hop to kamarovo, and then kamenka and turn north to the 3 deerstands and find a DMR with 2 mags...Yoink!

I make a very careful infiltration up into the hills on the western edge of the map...its dark, its raining, I'm close... All of a sudden I get opened up on by what has to be the L85 thermal and get killed...no worries.

I figure, if he has a thermal, I better get on my main account with a L85 and a DMR and move towards the camps location, when I come up on a well fortified camp with sandbags and fencing with 2 tents inside. Nothing special except for 2 ghillie suits, so I grab them and figure, thats good enough for now, no sense pressing my luck for what has obviously been a trap.

I get back on my second account on a low pop server with sidechat and nametags enabled, fuck it, lets loot. Everyone on the server seemed pretty cool, and I ended up meeting up with a guy that needed a blood bag in stary...I give in and head that way, he seemed cool enough. He's in the tents, I'm rollin in from the SE and spot a crashed heli and lay waste to the zeds around it, nothing really there, no NVGs on any of the pilots, so I meet up with him to provide a transfusion, but he didnt have a blood bag on him, DOH. Luckily we found a blood bag at the tents and proceeded to xfuse/loot the tents and the rest of stary.

We decide to clear out stary for some more ammo and move north when we find ANOTHER heli, and oh my god, my 2nd set of NVGs looted today. My new buddy grabs the M249 and make for the deerstands when HOLY shit, another heli...more zombie clearing and we find a set of NVGs for him too. We cant believe our luck! Neither of us has a compass but it doesnt matter, I know the north pretty damn well, so we head to the NWAF in the dying light of the day and click on our newly acquired goggles.

Sidenote: During this whole looting/killing process, the guy I was with didnt have a mic and had to type everything, and each time he stopped, he was aiming towards me, and I had this sneaking suspicion he was going to put one in my back or my head when i wasnt looking. So I was always strafing left/right out of his aim in case he did fire on me.

As we are clearing the Airfield we find him probably 800 rounds of ammo for his belt fed behemoth and plenty of AKM mags for me. I was lookin for somethin better than the czech backpack i had and maybe a sniper rifle but nothin spawned in.

So after a careful airfield run we both log off happy as pigs in shit. Thats what I call a pretty good day. Thankfully I put my trust in the hands of a pretty good dude who didnt murder me for laughs, even though I'm sure that when he aimed at me he heard a strong bandit heartbeat.

Edited by ahyokata

Just a short story today. Found a bandit tent while I was finding Sidon to help him gear up. AS-50, DMR, FAL. Great stuff. One problem though. I already had an M4A1 CCO SD and an M4A3 CCO in my inventory. I looked at the tent. Looked in my inventory. Looked at the tent again.

I can find M4s all day. AS-50s...not so much. CCO-SDs. I don't see those often, but DMRs are just as rare, and if the server doesn't munch em, I'll still have one in my tent up at the airfield. Good day for me.

today was a good day. mostly.

it started with finding a boat, a car, and an atv. the atv obviously belonged to someone else, as it was driven to a freshly spawned van which needed repair.

we collected the group using the zodiac and made our way to the van spawn, running into minor misadventure while refuelling and looking for some supplies. after an hour or so of fucking about, we made our way to the van spawn just south of solnichy, only to be immediately engaged by a group of 6 players that were possibly attempting to repair the van, or at the least go pick up their atv.

two of our members were surprised and caught upright in the open, they died right away. i hit the dirt, but managed to take an arr....bullet to the knee and was bleeding out fast. i only had three rounds left in my m4 cco sd which i quickly emptied in the general direction of the enemy squad. i switched to my backup PDW and threw a mag towards the (now blown up) van that had someone using it for cover. the fire slowed down for a second, but i knew that the majority of the enemy contacts were still alive.

i dropped my M4 CCO SD for my FN FAL and managed to crawl behind a small pine tree and bandage. i spotted one of the enemies flanking us to the left and he took a solid 7.62x51mm double tap to the chest. one murder.

by this point i was down to just under 2000 blood, shaking violently, and starting to panic a bit. i was shaking much too violently to actually aim, but the fight wasn't over. i spotted the top of a baseball cap behind a blown up sedan and emptied the rest of my 18 rounds towards it. one bandit kill. reload.

i scanned the surroundings and saw another survivor doubled over, bleeding and running for cover behind the gas station. i called out his loaction and fired a couple bursts towards him, but couldn't tell if he was down. i believe a few well placed shots from my remaining squadmate finished him off.

i spotted the one remaining enemy running for their blue ural and called him out. i had no shot, but my squadmate happened to have an AS50 in his pack. the tire was shot out, in an attempt to just disable the vehicle in the hopes that there was loot in the back. the ural managed to start crawling away through a field with only four tires remaining, but four more shots were fired and a massive fireball was the result. the driver crawled away from the truck and mashed alt-f4 as fast as he could.

we looted what we could, i dropped my trusty but empty FN FAL for an M107 and a bizon, stashing my M4 CCO SD in the atv, along with whatever else it would carry.

the tally:

five enemy down and one disconnect.

various loot

one ATV

one zodiac

we lost one more member to sniper fire a few hours later at a heli crash, and the guy driving the atv full of loot managed to flip it over. ah well, easy come easy go.

we started getting some pretty bad server lag as the server filled to about 50 players, and as it happens one of our guys found a fully repaired heli on another server. one we were considering making our home. it was even fueled up.

we collect everyone and head to the nw airfield, spot a fully repaired truck in the trees, and continue. i had to let someone else drive the pickup as i was starting to artifact. he managed to crash us into a fence and my legitimately geared 14 day old player died. such a shame.

Edited by tigerpr0n

This has to be the highlight of my DayZ career. Disrupting hackers!!

That was amazing! Nice find!

• Like 1

This game is just so cinematic. It is like a movie directing itself as you just try and survive.

There I was wandering around the landscape long enough to get my food and health both bright red, with no clue as to where I was going when I came across a town complete with a church. I make my way there in hopes to find some food or water preferably both when I spot what looked to me like a crawler. Wielding my axe I decided I'd simply go kill it so I wouldn't have to worry about it when this crawler begins to stand up! I thought shit the zombie sprouted legs? I continued at it swinging a few times and I notice this zombie has an axe! Then it was obvious it was no zombie... it was a survivor. I back away and whilst not being prepared at all to meet another survivor accidently type "Friendly!" in the group chat. In my panic trying to communicate with this stranger I hit every button but comma in my attempt to switch to direct chat. I hit enter then "/" again, then shift and then finally I was like damit! Comma! I switch to direct chat looping through the options 3 times and finally get to direct chat and type "friendly!". By this point us backing away from each other and me not trying to antagonize him any more was enough for him cause he had walked a few meters away and lit a flare for some reason. Then he takes off running . I try to follow him with my jogging not aware you can run/sprint in the game but I couldn't find him. I make my way to a few houses I thought he would have gone to and I couldn't find him. I shout a few more times hello, but nothing... Needless to say I continue my search for food in the same general area, now filled to the brim with zombies. I make a bold attempt to the church ground but that is when I get surprised with a few zombie. Feeling brave I decided to take'em down, being the wispy zombies they are I take a few blows from the zombies and end up lowering my blood more than I would have liked too. I scout around the church and other than a few graves I came across nothing so I decide to continue on.

After a very long run through woods and over hills my food, water and blood at this point are all blinking red now. Still struggling with vision impaired I make my way to another bigger town. I was like I'm probably going to die from thirst and starvation so might as well die trying to find food and water at least. I quickly attempt to scout a few houses successfully checking two undetected when a few zombies decided to spot me. Again I'm running... Zombies seem to be coming from everywhere. It was clear, that this was nearing an end, I'm going to die. Then, I hear a mans voice! And he too was asking for help! He was being chased by zombies as well. He asked my to take down a few so he wouldn't alert more zombies till he cleared the area. I take em down and quickly type "Low blood! death near!". He starts firing a few rounds. More continue coming, he tells me to meet him at the warehouse. So I go. I make it there go up the stairs of the warehouse move down the railing some and collapse. Now I'm lying there unconscious with 1500 blood. Half way through the timer the dude starts trying to talk with me. Me being unconscious unable. Thankfully he see me on the ground. By the time he gets up to meet me, I'm up. I was like I have 1100 blood I need blood. He hooks me up with food, water and a blood pack. Man saved my life but it turns out he was on the verge of death as well with only 1000 blood.

Edited by Nonlin
  • Like 1

My friend spawned in on the coast, and had to make the lonely journey to NWAF while I drank beer and reflected on how good it is to not be in his shoes - it was pitch black and he literally was just running full-tilt up north using his compass, essentially oblivious to everything around. So once he finally got close to the NWAF, we decided to hop over to a low-pop. server with better visibility. The one we join has 4 people including us, and is right in the midst of the day. Should be good.

We approached the high value barracks, and once we got in sight (but with no zeds spawned), he went for a smoke while I guarded his body. Feeling lucky, I decide to run over and check the barracks real quick - I can probably be back by the time he returns, and I've been waiting to do something, anything. So I run over, avoid zeds, get inside, and find tons of ammo and supplies, but no great weapons. Oh well. As I sneak back out, I manage to aggro a zed, and as I flee through the woods to lose him, I eventually wind up just outside the fence that encircles most of the airfield. At this point my friend has returned, and I am circling around to meet back up with him.

Right when I get to where I can see him, he says "Is that you?" I replied with an affirmative, but realize upon looking closer at him that he is looking the wrong direction, back towards the woods/barracks. I tell him as much, and say that I must have managed to draw the attention of just about the only other person on the server. We group up and watch from a few bushes/trees, and this other survivor is definitely looking for someone. Me. Little does he know that the hunter has now become the hunted. We both take aim, and I tell my friend I will fire on his mark. He shoots a burst (and admits likely missing), which spooks the bandit right as I start pegging him with single shots. He turns, takes a couple of steps, pauses, and then blinks out of existence.

My first real experience with getting robbed of a kill by alt-f4. Hopefully he wound up back on a coast somewhere, bleeding.

• Like 1

First real bandit encounter Except for the kind where i get sniped or shot in the back by a person i never saw. Me and a buddy met up today near myshinko. He decides he wants to go to the NW airfield. I am reluctant because honestly i never find crazy good loot there and usually wind up getting popped by a sniper. I finally agree to it and off we go. We are in the woods W of Pushtoska when we hear that familiar noise of a chopper. This is the first time I will actually see a chopper in the air in game. Ive never come across one spawned or hidden, and have never seen one in the air. I heard one once before now near the NE airstrip but it was gone before i got there.

Anyways here comes the chopper we hide under couple evergreen trees both of us in camo outfits. I with an m14 he with a m16 M203 or whatever it is. The one with the underslung grenade launcher. It continues flying by albeit slowly, eventually it moves off til we cant hear it anymore. We wait around a minute or two til we are convinced it is gone. We start moving again and pass into a slight clearing of the woods. Immediately we hear the chopper returning. It comes basically straight to our position. Dont know if they had a spotter on the ground or what but im not sure how they found us like that. I was under another evergreen my buddy only had a bush to hide behind. The chopper hovered over us for 20 secs or so. We were asking one another is this dude gonna to land? Hopeful that they werent Bandits. Well we were wrong of course. Next thing you know buttheads opened fire on us quickly killing my friend as he was exposed. I had hoped they hadnt seen me and while they were firing at my bro i move behind a stand of trees for cover and a better shot. Immediately the bullets rained downs hitting the trees and ground around me. I just kept moving peeking when i could and shooting every chance i got. Luckily the m14 has a high rate of fire and i took advantage. The helicopter kept frantically trying to flank me to get a clear Line of sight on me. I would just run through the evergreens to the other side constantly keeping what cover i had between me and him. After a good 60 secs of this he suddenly veered off and made a break for it. I started laughing over steam chat with my buddy and said "Their running away!" . I popped out and unloaded on em emptying my clip or whatever i had left until the chopper went out of view over the tree line. Next thing i hear is a weird whirrr like his engines powered down then BOOOM! Followed by 4 dead nonames. I bellowed to my buddy "I SHOT EM DOWN I SHOT EM DOWN!" Most satisfying firefight ive ever had in a game. Not that ive had one IRL. So my first encounter with bandits/ chopper ends with me shooting them down with my trusty M14. Remember what your momma told you. Careful what you ask for you just might get it. I didnt get cred for any bandit kills, i dont know how that works. he may of just crashed trying to get away or they all ejected when close to the ground and died from the fall im not sure how that works. But there was only like 10 people on the server so its doubtfull anyone else shot em down plus i never heard another gun shooting.

I dont know why people like those enjoy doing crap like they did, but thanks for the gps ghille suit and rangefinders for me and my friend.

Couple screenshots of the aftermath. Wish i had that crap recorded.

post-70902-0-36565800-1345401567_thumb.j

post-70902-0-81601200-1345401573_thumb.j

post-70902-0-72725000-1345401576_thumb.j

Edited by maniak-e
  • Like 2

Holy shit, so I've spent most of the night collecting heicopter parts, I'm pretty much done but was waiting for darkness before I moved all my heli gear from up north down to the island, so I have everything I need on my atv, there are only two other players in the server and I start driving, get to the road and about 20 seconds later I see another atv with two guys in ghillie suits, driving straight at me.

I turn off the road but the guy swerves towards me and clips my atv at the last second, I eject and turn around and start firing, both atv's blow up and I see that "Shadow" has been killed (no murders or bandit kills though), I prone and wait a few minutes and slowly try and move around to find out where the other guy is, finally I spot him standing next to the atv, fire at him but nothing, then I realise that guy is dead, standing there like when people dupe themselves, I scout out the whole area and nobody else is around, where the hell did the other guy go? I look at the player list and Shadow has left the server, the only other person left is "sk3L337oR".

Anyway I make my way back to the dead guy standing there and take as much stuff as I can off him, he has a mountain dew (seriously), dmr, spare ghille and an mk48 mod 0 (booyah!, love this gun)

I've just sorted out what I want (my inventory was already pretty full) and I'm about to leave the area and I hear another atv approaching (wtf?), so I prone down just off the road in the grass and move behind a tree. I wait a minute or so but can't see much from where I am, so I stand up and I spot another guy in ghillie, only a couple of metres away, so I shoot him in the head with my new mk48 mod 0, get a murder but the guy alt-f4's so I never got to see what gear he had. I am the only person left in the server now.

My heart is still racing. I lost all my heli parts but it was worth it.

http://i45.tinypic.com/fk2ro0.png

http://i46.tinypic.com/xql15t.png

Edited by smasht_AU

I had accidently found a server with sidechat in it, even though I thought that it was erased completely. Of course, I make the same mistake that had costed me many deaths before, I talked too much. I asked everyone if they had ever seen a helicopter crash site, because I had never seen one before. Literally 30 seconds after asking this, I crested a hill in the forests, and I see a crashed chopper out in the distance! NICE!

Of course, because I'm a moron, I have to mention the fact that I found one and that I might be psychic in the chat. Someone explains that the zeds respawn every 2nd minute, which is too much for me to handle, so I mark the location on the map, and now everyone can see where it is. rolleyes.gif

I was pretty confident I could handle this on my own. I had 9 magazines for my AK-74, or 270 bullets, or 270 kills if you are a good shot like me (racked up about 124 kills, 118 being headshots, and I had 1 bandit kills, no murders). So of course I rush the helicopter, shortly followed by a torrent of gunshots. Sounds like a 7.62mm of some kind. I rush back up the hill and zigzag all the way and survive. Why do I even need to check this place out? I have 270 bullets and a good rifle!

So then I do it again, but I come from the exact opposite direction, and scan the treelines for bandits using my binocs. I see nobody around. Then a gunshot comes from the LEFT of me. WHAT? I run in the opposite direction and bob/weave through as many trees as possible. The gunfire stops again. This guy may have no aim to speak of but damn does he have good eyes! What do I do?

I begin "rollodexing", or continuously rolling across the ground, determined to find this jackass and put a bullet in the back of his head. I will not be robbed of my first chopper! When you are rolling, you make absolutely zero sound. The foliage is thick, and I am using pine trees and shrubbery to my advantage. Surely I can find this guy without him spotting me, I'm not exactly being predictable!

I don't see anyone for a good 25 minutes. Where did he go? I am bored, so I decide to stand up. My boots make a rustling sound on the detritus. I check my backpack for something that might be of use to me, maybe a frag grenade to scare my enemy or something. Perhaps a smoke to throw him off course. As I search my gear, I hear rustling sounds behind me.

His scoped FN FAL presses against my head and fires. You are dead.

I found myself a big green truck (forgot the name) and went for a drive down the coast.

I come across some chap by the name of Rockwell being chased by zombies, and I give him a ride towards the Balota airstrip.

We make a detour through the hills after a guy in a Ural overtook us and I suspected him and his mates of setting up an ambush further ahead.

Once up in the hills; I ask Rockwell if he wanted a camo suit as I had a spare one.

He accepted my offer, then we got out the truck and took it out of the trucks gear menu.

But then I notice something....

Rockwell is taking things from my truck.

All of a sudden he has my M107 in his hands.

I get behind him, tell him to make no sudden movements and drop the rifle.

He doesn't respond for about 20 seconds, then he walks backwards and spins around to look at me, just before receiving about 15 rounds to the chest from my M4.

Wow...just noticed this thread...I'm a retard...couple stories for u guys:

Our squad likes to camp Elektro and kill noobs cause we're dicks like that. Anyway, after a long night of doing that, I logged out on top of the hospital (incidentally, one of the safest places in the city if you know what you're doing). The next morning, I log in to the sound of rotor blades and machine gun fire. I creep out around the corner and see a pilot hovering his Huey while his gunner blasts the hills overlooking the town. I take aim with my DMR and shoot the pilot, hitting him squarely in the neck. His body disappears below the instrument panel as he passes out. The chopper stays hovering for a couple seconds then starts tilting sideways. First, just very slightly....then a little more....then a little more, the whole time picking up lateral speed. Then, all of a sudden, it completely loses control and starts a mad spin toward the ground, ending in a fiery explosion killing both the occupants. First time I've seen a chopper taken down by a shooter and it was pretty fun to be the shooter.

Second story takes place in the same spot: Elektro hospital. It was late one night and there were six people on the server. Three were with me, two were admins, and one was just some random fellah. The remaining three members of our squad were just hanging out in Elektro, chatting over mumble when one of our guys decides he wants to go look for c-sites. He starts climbing down the inland-side ladder of the hospital when crack crack...he gets sniped from the smaller hill overlooking Elektro. It was night and none of us had NVGs at the time, but the third member of our squad had an L85. He put eyes on that smaller hill and immediately spotted two people. I was on the utmost top of the hospital with my DMR, but unfortunately, I couldn't see them due to the darkness.

We sat in this stalemate for some time until the two people on the hill decided to leave. My L85 overwatch told me they were on the top of the hill, running away from Elektro and I popped up to find a shot. I baaarely caught the silhouette of a person crouch running along the top of the hill and double tapped his center mass. Kill. It was one of the admins. All of a sudden chat blows up as the admins start "talking shit" to the "hacker" who killed them. Since my squad is well-known by the admins on this server, they assumed the random fellah was the hacker and banned him...no questions asked. The remaining admin decided he didn't feel like playing around with us anymore so he fled, leaving his buddy's corpse to rot. We got a SAW, NVGs, rangefinder, Coyote pack, etc. and logged out happy for the evening. For good measure, I let the admin know that I killed him so he'd lift the ban on the random fellah. Moral of the story: Kill an admin, they'll think it's a hacker and drop the banhammer....cause that's how they do.

That's all I can think of for now.

Edited by LongShot25

Heres my first few major encounters that have had a pretty good impact on me. I play with the mindset of how I would act in real life, as It makes it the most interesting to me. I'm still pretty noob, but I feel I have learned from my mistakes.

1. My first day on DayZ. Spawned, I ran around in the forest for a bit then came down around a town. I was pretty cautious, and crouch ran along the treeline scoping out the town. I noticed a survivor also in the forest, no weapons, and female. I had no idea how to chat or communicate, so I just stalked her a bit until she was about to enter the town, then she turned and noticed me. I stood up to announce myself. We proceeded into the town, both moved through and went through a couple buildings, I stayed far away enough, but near each other. I didn't see her so I went back to her side looking for her. I went by a shed, near where I saw her. She came out with an axe and didn't hesitate. Her name was Kelly. Welcome to DayZ.

2. Playing on a more crowded server. I had gotten myself an enfield, and enough basic gear from patiently looting around Cherno. Theres a helecopter flying around above me, I stayed low and didn't announce myself. A few minutes later, theres a big bang outside of town. I took my time, and crawled toward the sound. On a hill, I look out and see something, by the shore. By some miracle, the helicopter didn't land completely in the ocean. There were 2 bodies visible. Upon closer examination, there was a third, A weaponless new spawn looting the corpes. I dropped him with my enfield. I get there and grab everything I can and head to the forest. There were blood transfustions, a Alice pack, morphine, and other cool stuff I had no idea what they did. I grabbed a crossbow which replaced my enfield, and realized 1. I didn't have any bolts and 2. I loved my enfield. After organizing my gear, like a smart person, I decided to run back, grab the enfield, and get back to the forest. Natrually, after making the swap, I was taking fire from god knows where. I sprinted my ass back, and prayed a hill on my right blocked his line of sight. Turns out, he must have been on my left side. I never even saw him.

3. In a factory around cherno, I was was in the third story when I turn a corner and am face to face with a survivor. I quickly ran into a room nearby and shouted "Friendly?" into my mic, very nervously. No response, so I go out looking. He wasn't there, so I go up a level, my fear being he was going to go up and around to flank me. I didn't see him, and checked the roof level as well. I'm thinking he ran away, so I go back down, double checking every level. It is then when I spot him moving away from me on the second level. Around the corner, he notices me and we both back off and run away from each other. I go out looking again, trying to figure out where he would have gone, and I spot him noobishly climbing a ladder just outside climbing a tower. I didn't want him to finish climbing and have the high ground on me. I hesitated, then fired with my enfield as he was climbing with his back to me. I fired again for good measure. His name was Todd. While I had the mindset that he must have been armed with a pistol or something, It turns out he had only random ammo, chemlights, and bandages from maybe a half hour of looting. All I took was a coke. No joke, right after that, it started raining. I felt bad. While I gave him a chance at communicating, I am not sure if he heard anything, as that was the first time I used my mic in game. I never thought I would get to the point of killing someone who was unarmed, but I did. To my luck, a few minutes later, I revisited the area and found a bandit standing up looting Todd's body. I shot and killed him with one bullet. But he didn't have anything at all, must have been a new spawn or something. I had quickly killed two people, when I don't think I should have killed any. Now I only have one bullet left for my enfield, and I am hoping next time, I don't end up using it.

Edited by JMarsh38
  • Like 2

Se there i was, with my mate Axel... North west, all the way at Lopatino on the Server: Se 9.. There was at the time the standard @hive when clans like Axe and friendly was.. Well the biggest groups of ppl that you could stumble upon.. Anyways, we were just running around looking for tents way east.. Until we heard a shot. That shot really gave away that we should be more careful.

So while sneaking around the tree's looking for ppl and keep an outlook for tents at the sametime, Axel says we should go more east. We head east, and i just happen to see a helicopter .. So i thought " WOW A HELI SITE" all the way up here ? Hell no, i stop to see 8 ppl, 3 of them wearing Ghillie suit. Turns out its the Axe clan that have found the first heli on the Se 9 server before the private hive.

Well, we stopped to see what they were doing, turns out we had no idea. They just ran around and gathered supplies we thought. Axel with his As50, had to take a breather, me with my m16 acog.

We decided to attack them, first we fire at one guy standing about 20 m from the chopper, one shot one kill. One of the ghillie guys take 1-2 bullets from my m16 in the leg. Runs near a building .. Dissapears and the chopper pilot decide to get the chopper out of there to safety.

Said and done we camped on 1 minute for the ghillie guy, still no vision and the chopper flew around above us. The moment we realized that we would die really soon... The pilot takes the chopper down to rescue the ghillie guy... So Axel reloads his as50 with the 132k dmg bullets.. Sprays the chopper... and it goes down, explodes .. Bodies everywhere.. Trees getting blown away. and the ghillie guy gets shot in the head.

I go down to loot the bodies, no sweat. Except theres one guy shooting me down to 4k hp and im passing out, he thinks im dead.. Logs what it seems like and i manage to survive at 2.5k hp.

2 other random nonclan ppl turn out to showup in the treelines around the helicopter.. I crawl towards the bodies, looting and i hear " OMG THERES A GUY IN THE TREELINE GOING FOR YOU "

2 Seconds later i hear 1 shot, and a big laugh ecoing .. "haha he took it in the face" the second guy sees him dying, logging out.

So long story short we shot ppl and blew up a helicopter with tons of loot in it.. and all the ppl got hidden, 20 minutes before the server restart.. Best, moment ... EVER

Sorry for all the dots, but i love them.