Dear Group of 4+ that I (almost) busted up a few minutes ago,

This was my final run in DayZ as I have found it to be simply too addicting. I decided to go out in style so I headed to the Northwest airfield. Found an M4A1 and 4 clips of SD ammo to keep zombies off at the barracks on Southwest side of the airfield. I was heading cautiously in the direction of the main tarmac when I heard shots fired from what sounded like an AK in the vicinity of the fire station. I pulled out my binoculars and sure enough I saw three of you making your way towards the control tower with a small horde chasing you. You all climbed to the top and stood shooting down as the zombies climbed up behind you. How unfortunate for me that I dropped my AS50 just moments ago to pick up the m4... it would have made things a lot easier. I shot about half a clip at one of you as you all fired down at the zombies, but to no avail as the range was too far. Since you were all three looking in the opposite direction of me, I decided to make a run for the building. I nearly made it undetected but one of you knuckleheads turned around and looked just in time. We exchanged fire with no hits, but the damage had be done - you knew you weren't alone at this point. Still hellbent on going out of my DayZ career on a high note, I creeped around to the front of the control tower and came inside. The zombies were about gone and I knew that I couldn't come to the top and have a prayer at killing you, so I hid under the stairs.... obvious much? lol. After 2 minutes of waiting the first one of you came down... He had an AKM in hand, came around the corner and took hot lead to the facial region, going down like a sack of bricks. I risked a quick loot and found that you had nothing of interest. I waited a bit longer, knowing that your comprades knew exactly where I was but not having much choice to move without getting shot in the rear. After 30-40 seconds (seemed like hours) one of you tried to come at me through the front door... but third-person-view betrayed your position and I dropped your poor arse with little difficulty. No chance to loot this time however, as I suddenly both heard and saw a bus going by the front of the building! Great. Not sure if it was just one of you in there or a few, but I knew it wasn't a good omen. I thought about coming out to greet you with guns blazing, but as I started to move I saw it - the barrel of an AK-74 mini glitching through the stairs above me. Maybe you were looking at me in third person, maybe you weren't... but either way I wasn't having it. I crouch-strafed out quickly and dispatched you as well - and much to my surprise you were a female character... I've never killed one of those before. I then went back to my hiding place under the stairs, drooling about the possibility of living through this whole ordeal (I had started it with 7900 blood and at 7900 blood I remained after the third kill). I even began to think about writing this triumphant story on the forum as I am right now... Unfortunately my daydreaming proved to be my downfall as I suddenly realized I wasn't pulled back behind the stairs far enough and took fire from your fourth and perhaps final team member (the bus driver?). His enfield dropped me quickly and finally - there was no getting up this time. And as I sit now poised to uninstall this amazingly addictive game, I reflect on all of the time I spent on it and smile knowing that this was easily the best and most exciting encounter I've ever had on this game. Truth be told, I'm glad you killed me... had I lived, there is no way I would have found another equally heart-pounding situation to ultimately meet my end. I just wish I knew how many more of you there were, and whether there was a nice bus sitting outside with my name on it, had I kept my focus and dropped your last man.

I know for a fact I won't see you again in game, but should you happen to be readers of the forum, I would love to hear your perspective on this encounter. Either way, sorry for ruining your party and sending three of you back to the coast. At least you have a bus to come and pick you back up!

Cheers,

Manglips

• Like 2

heres a story, very tense WORTH THE LONG READ

me and my buddies had a few vehicles like a truck and stuff. one day a friend of mine who had just started playing dayz was fairly eqiupped at the beach. a buddy and me decide to take a truck and pick him up from the beach.

so we drive along the very western roads towards the coast. our truck was getting low on fuel and we had barely any spare parts extra in case of sth brakes.

so we come close the coast where my buddy was running towards us. he just fired his last bullets for his einfield defending himself against zombies so i told him to drop it because i had a FN FAL in the back of the truck for him. but since i did not want to spent more time needed near the coast i told him just to hop on and sit on the back of the truck next to my other body (i rather have them sit outside so 1) ppl can see that im not alone and 2) when the drivers cabine gets shot not two ppl die at once) so we are drving back north and aproach zelenogorsk. buildings of interest there where the supermarket, the powerplant and the tank station. so we approach there and i drop of my old buddy at the supermarket to get some loot. meanwhile the buddy we just picked up at the beach (no gun on him- FN FAL still in the truck) and me drive to the power plant (500m away) to quickly find some engine parts. while driving ther i noticed some "smoke" or "dust"in the air and i was thinking "hmm that stuff i usually only see from vehicles". but since the server was almost empty and we where in an area not so populated i made the mistake and did not think about it again.so i drive the truck to the front gate and got out. i told my buddy to stay in the truck since i only wanted to do a quick run by. my 2nd buddy was still in the supermarket.

now the shit begins.

so i get out of the truck and run inside the industrial buildings when all of a sudden, SHOTS FIRED at me. i did not see where it came from but just turned around and wanted to get away. then BANG, a bullet hits me. i was not dead but i was unconscious right away.

i shouted to my unarmed buddy in the truck, GET ON THE DRIVER SEAT AND SAVE THE TRUCK !

so he sad on the driver seat and started the engine. that moment i hear a second engine turn on. my buddy in the truck shouts back at me "there is a offroad pickup and a second guy just hopped into it, SHIT SHIT SHIT THEY FOLLOW ME NOW ! (probably one was waiting in the car, the otherone somewhere outside and thats maybe the one who shot me).

so they both drive off in a hurry ! my friend who was just completly new to dayz ended up in a car chase without any orientation where he was or where he should drive with no gun on him and not much fuel.

i told him "just GO MAN GO DONT STOP". so he drives and my buddy at the supermarket saw them disapearing behind the hill.

my buddy from the supermarket now rushed to the industrial compound to save me. i was bleeding bad and still unconcious. when he arrived at my place he tried to bandage my wounds. all of a sudden a zombies appear and bite him. now he was bleeding too. and he lost so much health that he would die from bleeding faster then me. so i told him to use his only bandage on him and go back to the supermarket to find another one for me.

meanwhile the guy in the truck was living hell. the offroader that chased him tried everything. they pushed him off the road, drove in front of him to make him stop and fired hundreds of rounds at him. by now he drove through multiple field and woods and was completly lost and didnt know where to go. again we told him JUST KEEP GOING. but then he said he was on the very low red of fuel and had maybe like 5 more minutes before running out.

my other buddy who ran to the supermarket got unconscious 2 times on the way and while looking for bandages (he was at 3500 health or so while mine was approaching 5000 and dropping since still bleeding).

at approaching 5000 i decided to log out to save some health.

but that was a BAAAD idea beacuase: a second later the truck driver said he is recognizing the area again and that he might be able to find back!

what a message! so my buddy from the supermarket rushes over to the industry with bandages.

i log back in and then...bam...punishment for loggin out while under shock. i have that 5 minute or what unconscious state.

so my buddy runs over to me and bandages my wounds but im still unconscious.

that moment the truck was back at our place and we wanted to make a trap with the target to shoot the following offroad truck.

BUT im not even close to waking up.. not even close at all !

so we tell the truck driver to keep driving in circles around the city as long as he can ! he says that he has no more fuel and btw he got shot as well and was bleeding too ! what a fucking nightmare !

so he keeps drving and we hear all the gunshots since they could cut him off easy and fire at him.

he says he is now coming to the industry no matter what ! he has no more fuel and no more life.

we said NO WE ARE NOT READY (i was still unconscious but almost there..almost).

the truck driver said he could give us maybe 20 seconds at max trying his best but he couldnt see anymore good because he was now below 3000 health and loosing sight !

i was close of waking up and i said to my truck driver "TRY TO DRIVE THROUGH THE GATE AND MAKE SURE THE OFFROADER FOLLOWS YOU! WE WILL WAIT AT THE GATE !"

so my other buddy rushes to the gate and started to wait, i was now finally waking up, and while getting on my feet the truck was already on its way and only a few meters away from the industry building.

so the truck now come, but he didnt went through the gate, the driver was so low on health that he could not see that gate. he passed it on the left and crashed into the forrest. i rush to the front gate, my buddy already there, and there comes the offroad truck, rolling towards us maybe 10meters away!

i tell my buddy OPEN FIRE OPEN FIRE and we fired right into the drivers cabine on full auto (m4a1 sds) and unload the complete magazine without stopping fire. the driver died immeadiatly and fell out dead. the passenger got out, but has a broken bone since he falls to the ground right away.

he was obiously in shock because he seemed not to realize where the shots came from since he was now crowling parralel to us next to the vehicle not looking at us. we reaload and both of us unload another magazine on the last guy. yes we where nervous and full of adrenaline! the seconds bandit dies in a rain of bullets.

after this our brave truck driver falls out of the vehicle saying is below 700 health and still bleeding. now zombies appear. i rush to my buddy to bandage him while my other buddy shoots his last 1911 magazines into upcoming zombies.

i saved my buddy with 300 health. gave him blood transfusion.

end of story, we all survived, got the bandits gear, got their truck and still have our truck.

playing alot of dayz that was the most tense experience i had so far. i would pay alot of money to have the recordings of our skype conversation.

i hereby want to give special credit to my buddy who drove the truck. he was completly new to dayz and ended up in this hollywood shootout.

please please let me know what you think about this story and write me PMs if you like. i wrote this on the best of my memories and there was nothing added to the story . i hope you enjoyed it. in the end i have to say, even if we would have gotten shot in the end, i was enjoying it from the first second to the last. no matter if we would have lost it would be still a great experience!

sorry for the long read.

sincerely yours

sudden

Edited by sudden2k
  • Like 4

I'll keep this short because it was halarious..

I've come from Berezino with a DMR to Elektro and get in position to do some counter-sniping. My plan was to kill the bandit snipers who were killing the "defenceless" players in Elektro. However.. it was not to be. In the corner of my eye I catch something moving out of view, I reposition and see a player with a hatchet zig zagging towards me like a bat out of hell. I aim but the player is so close its hard to be accurate, I fire hitting the player with my DMR but he doesn't go down and keeps coming. The player is bleeding but is within range for a strike so I get up and begin to run away I say over direct chat " Stop chasing me ", the player replies " You shot me, your going to die!", I say, "You're going to bleed out first!". The player keeps pursuing, I tell the player I can kill him anytime I want, he says "I've seen your aim, not gonna happen" I spin with the 1911 in my hand and fire 3 quick rapid shots all hitting their mark. The player drops like a sack of potatoe and I sing "nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey, goodbye"

I had been playing with a friend of mine, and we were speed looting Cherno. Things actually went really well, we had ourselves more ammo, and medical supplies than we could carry, but between the two of us, only one primary weapon (my friend had it, I had the hatchet for silent zombie kills).

So we run out to the field, and its late at night, so we decide to log off and continue our trek north later.

That was last night, today I got bored and didn't want to wait for my friend to get on, so I decided that I would be careful and try to find myself a bugger gun.

I carefully make my way toward Cherno from the north. I use binoculars to spot the tops of buildings for snipers, I hide in the shadows and effortlessly make my way into town. I find myself a shotgun and a good couple of shells, and a revolver to replace my makrov. I even make it out okay!

I log off standing near our meeting spot and feel pretty good...

But greed got the best of me, and before long I thought a new backpack, maybe even a tent, would make me look like a BAMF when my friend got back.

So I head to some of those high yield apartments next to the hospital. Looking through I actually find the backpack I wanted, and I fill it with way more shotgun shells than I thought I would ever see one more time...

I hear footsteps...

Somewhere outside...

"Who goes there?" I ask in voice chat.

Then I get a little cocky and follow up with a "I heeeaaarrr you"

Silence, I stay still for a while, then slowly continue looting.

Then I hear the footsteps again, after about 3 minutes

Slowly moving up the stairs...(baggage problems had me up there longer than I would have liked)

I go prone and sit so that when the guy makes his way to the top staircase I can open fire. He wont see me until the last step...

He shows his head BANG

Tat Tat Tat

BANG

Tat Tat

With that both our characters roll over, I don't get back up, he does.

Now I'm thinking I'm really effin' lucky and I re-spawn on the Cherno dock. I think he might have left at least my shotgun, I thought I heard him have some automatic rifle, so it seemed likely.

I run full speed, attracting about 6 zombies, thinking that worst case scenario, I kite a little trouble his way.

I'm about halfway there and I look behind me and see a guy running with a pistol and a rife.

"Whoa I don't want any trouble man" I say. All I had was an ax I frantically grabbed and he was far more armed.

He doesn't react so I start to run away BANG

I fall over bleeding, but not yet dead. Broken legs.

I hear

"Who hears who now bitch?"

BANG

Myself and a friend of mine were scouting around a little in Berezino. The tow was empty, or so we thoughts. Looted a few supplies, an ALICE pack for my friend. Hit the hospital, the military camp and a few other places. We took it carefully, knowing that even with low population, there could still be someone around... But we were well armed. I had an M16 M203, and Donny was carrying a FN FAL.

We finally wandered back to one of the supermarkets. We'd been there a few minutes earlier, but decided to return to pick up the tent we had left there in the back room. Feeling confident that there was nobody around, we strolled into the supermarket. Complacent move, and stupid.

Two guys... Both well armed and geared. We paused for half a second, staring at one another across the shop floor. "Duck" I yelled in skype to Donny. We dived to the side just as they both opened fire on full auto, managing to get some cover.

For a few seconds, the shop was armageddon... There was a FIIIIYAHFIGHT!!!

5.56 rounds flying across the short space between our position and theirs. It happened too fast for anyone to be aware of what was going on. The few zombies from the back of the store stumbled across the line of fire, providing an accidental meat-shield in both directions, before dropping to the floor as the gunfire exchange continued. I fired a full mag before I went down.

As the smoke cleared, I found myself unconcious and bleeding. Donny was dead. I knew that one of the two guys had taken a round to the head, and wasn't gonna be getting up again. I could see the other one on the floor, his head poking out from behind the counter. He was in the same state as me.

As I came around, knowing I wasn't going to have time to bandage before bleeding out, I heard his last words...

"Good game, bro."

And with that, four men passed to the great lands of respawn.

Edited by Dramatic Exit
  • Like 4

BATTLE REPORT

20PM 15/07/2012

Approaching Stary Sobor from the north. In sight of an abandonned military camp. Original observations report the sighting of several survivor bodies with their backpacks on. Several silent shots hit the ground on the right of the scout. Immediate tactical retreat up the hill, other shots missing and whizzing around.

Stopping in a bush to observe the area. Shooter spoted one second while crouch running between tents, going to n/e from east.

Observer switched from M16 to M14 AIM, keeping observation. Suspicious move spotted: A prone survivor crawling towards the camp from the east. Suspecting it to be the shooter, the scout takes aim and shoots. Possible kill (unconfirmed).

Additional shots hit the ground around. Suspected weapon for such inaccurate fire: MP5SD. Inability to spot the shooter. The scout retreats, but gets hit in the leg. He decides to hide behing a tree, with quick glances to see when the shooter takes aim, but is still unable to find the enemy. After a while and possibly a lot of SD ammo wasted, the scout decides to retreat after taking morphine, and runs to the top of the hill to flee. Other hit on the leg. With no cover around, more shots hit.

Death of the scout. Area declared unsafe.

first of sorry for my awful english.

me and my 2 friends are in balota airport,when we came down from the radio tower,we saw a van about 200M from us in the road that the trees blocks most of the view.

the guys in there start to honk,and they did a bad mistake as they stop and honked we started shooting them like hell(DMR,AKM,M4A1.).

as i said the trees blocked the view of them so we didnt catch them tho,after that they went down near the port of balota one of them got hit,so his friend helped him in the same time we splited in 2 teams(me and the Sniper going in front of them about 500m after them and the m4 friend was behind them about 200M).

after min they started moving to cherno(where is me and the sniper there) when the sniper saw them he shot the driver and i shot the one hows next to him.

after all that trouble we got a pretty good aim(after about 3 mag shooting a van throw the woods you expect the car will be fucked but no the van was fine like new :D)

we started driving to kamarova and we find a bus not broken.

Today, me and three friends were in Balota.

We were looting the deer stands, and a survivor runs through. Three friends are looting, and I call out the survivor to them. They tell me to open up, and I fire with my MP5A5 and I hit 5 times, and he nearly dropped. I hit his legs, just as he went over the hill. We lost sight of him, and I never got a murder.

Lucky bastard lives another day.

you are such a dick! why would you do that to the guy who tried to help you?

It was me or him, so i figured may as well be him.

6 players enter NWA...

It was the us78 a personal favourite of mine because it still had global chat which I liked, and it made it easier to make friends and get healed. In any case me and a few guys were heading to balota to meet up with another group who took an interest in raiding the northwest airfield. our group made quick progress to th balota med tents to meet up and plan our raid, This was the second time I had been to the NW airfield, and i must say i was excited. when we grouped up our group contained me, scott, steve, colonel sanders, gammon's, and MD. When we met up we set roles; colonel sanders being the leader, scott leading the way (because he had a map), MD being a sharpshooter, and steve being our scout, other then that everyone else just killed zeds and bandits. Unfortunately it was 6:30 and night and i feared night would we be upon us when we reached there.

We set out. it was mainly uneventful in our journey we mainly snuck around towns and looted a small area for food. Of course it remained uneventful until we hit vybor. we had set on a hill just outside the town. scott had to disconnect ant told us to wait, and scott scouted ahead we waited around for a short while when i saw someone type in global "anyone near NWA I'm willing to trade a M4A3 CCO for a sniper of any kind. This made us nervous we didn't know if he was lying, if he had looted everything and our raid would be fruitless, if he had a group with him, etc. But these fears were replaced by a more immediate danger when we heard a chopper overhead. It quickly passes us, but someone (i can't remember who) says "that looked like an attack run". Immediately we panic we prone in the grass and

get ready to unload on a chopper even if it kills us. The chopper returns and someone says over global "anyone need a lift in a huey"? we don't respond, but someone requests his help in cherno and he flies off. scott and steve come back soon after that event and we head off.

we reach the gates to the airfield and we decide to go around the perimeter, we eventually reach a break near the firehouse and steve says in direct "sniper on the firehouse" MD responds saying "you want me to take him out"? Sanders gives him the ok and MD peeks out and kills the sniper in one shot, which inadvertently attracts the zombie horde. we make a formation aiming at the break in the fence and shoot the zeds as they pour in. We kill many, but the a few get through our bullets and we panic and break apart. I run into the forest behind us along with me, sanders and gammons, steve runs off in a different direction, and scott dashes to the firehouse, and I don't see MD. I'm in the forest by myself and hear gunfire, but i'm focused on the zeds and I fill them full of lead as they come into the fire of my AKM. I see Gammons and Sanders crouched and shooting incoming zeds so I join them, and we seem to kill all the ones agro'd to us. Just then we see the message "steve has died". and then there were five.

we head to the firehouse and I see Scott on top. joy fills us knowing that almost all of us were together again, but despair looms over us because steve is dead and MD is MIA. But we get to the point of NWA; loot. We search the firehouse and the barracks and i wind up with a DMR and a G17 all with ammo. scott brandished a M4A3 CCO, I suspect he took it off the man who offered a trade, meaning he likely was the one MD killed. gammons and I headed towards the ATC tower in search of ammo. we manage to agro some zeds so we take positions with gammons guarding the entrance and I sniping zeds from above. after we dispatch the zeds scott tells us to meet him at the crashed heli. We gather round the heli and watch the sunset as we wait for sanders and MD. Sanders and MD meet us and we discuss our plan of action. We are to head to the other barracks and then leave. we lock and load and then head out.

When we reach the barracks the zeds are on us as soon as we get there we have o formation and we shoot zeds around one area carelessly. Bullets fly everywhere and I am amazed I'm not hit. I break away from the group and head to the hangars to try to kill the zeds on me most stick to the man group but a few come for me and i kill them. when i return to the chaos my group is facing I decide to help them. I spot scott and gammons on top of a tower and head up. we shoot the zeds below, but we see a huge group coming up the ladder. I have no ammo for my G17 so use my DMR from my hip. We soot many as they come up, but scott gets hit by many at once and dies. Gammons and i continue to hold out but he goes down as well and I finish off the few Zeds that haven't died. and I sit on the tower low on blood, ready to die.

But the server restarts and I'm fully healed. and then sanders says "Dave (my name) you alive"? I respond with a yes and I meet up with him (and MD) and we decide to leave, but sanders the greedy fool decides we should loot the place again, I reluctantly agree, but only because I need some defense, because I am out of ammo. we go to the first hangar and I grab an M1014 and we agro some zeds. I had experienced so much zed massacre in this raid and I run out of the airfield through a break in the fence and shoot the zeds after me. but before I'm gone I witness sanders running further into the airfield, and I decide it isn't worth it, and I leave. As i'm running I see a crashed heli outside the gates and I find a Bizon with 2 clips.

The whole trip screwed up, we were slopppy so I chug a coke and eat my beans and turn around and head down the path and never look back...

Now a full blown survivor!

after loading up the game and giving it a good go, i died immensly, getting frustrated as i knew i was a good gamer but this game had gotten the better of me.

My mates were all up in the NW Airfield and i just couldnt get there, kept aggro'ing the Z's no matter how prone i was, getting shot by bandits, just a mess, but i wasnt gonna let that deter me.

It was late and all my mates have logged out, i was persistant so i started at Kamenka with nothing but a flashlight and bandage, scrounging my way through got a few bandages and stuff nothing exciting.

Headed up north towards the deer stands, crouching ,squating, lying you name it i did got into all the deers stands nothing, was getting pissed.

On the way up to Pavlovo i managed to stir up some Z's, F@#k not again i said so started doing the bitch bolt through pavlovo trying to shake these blood thirsty maggots, got hit once bleeding up a treat, managed to give them the flick. Bnadaged myself up and was on like 7k blood still with nothing to defend myself with, im getting angry right about now.

Im stuck in Pavlovo with nothing and i wanted to make my way to Zelengorsk there wwere a few barnes there with high yeild so i creeped my way out of Pavlovo and went into the last house that was on the edge of Pavlovo and got myself an axe "WIN" i said, not much to get excited about but at least it something. on the way out of the house i startled up 2 Z'ds dispatched them quite easily with my trusty axe, was feeling happier about myself right about now.

Made my way to the deer stands dispatched a few more Z's with the ace still nothing, i couldnt believe my luck.got to the Barn South of Zelegorsk and got swarmed by Z's i dont know how one saw me in the open but it did, kiled him off and then heaps spawned around me and it was on like donkey kong! dispatched like 15 of them and got into the Barn bandaged myself up was running real lean now with 3k blood, but i wanted to survive and get closer to my mates, wasnt gonna let this get to me.

Walking close now to Zelengorsk beacuse i can see there was a Supermarket there and i need gear real bad. So tread quietly through one of the houses "BINGO" a M1911 with 2 clips i was extatic right about now, finally i had a decent weapon on me, i was just about to get out of the house and heard firing, first it sounde like one gun then another one went off, shitting my bricks right about now, like a real man i started back tailing into the house, didnt want to end my outing on this. i thought about it for a few minutes and then bravelly went to have a look as the firing was now at a bit of a distance, had a glance around the house and could see 3 of these guys just murdering Z's in the Supermarket i was fuming as thats were i wanted to be and these guys for sure a gonna loot everything, my hunger light is flashing and so is my thirst, so i moved closely now to the second house and to my suprise a can of coke , matches and a steak knife wohooo! finally i'm having some luck, quickly drank the coke and was thinking leaset now i can kill na animal and cook and eat it get my blood back up, i let these guys go off on there rampage and still decide to see if they had left anything in the Supermarket, couple bandages a water bottle and a map and some Frank and Beans just to get my health not flashing anymore but no weapons "Sigh".

I stared over the horizon and what do i see a cow "YESSSS" i run over there allerting 2 zombies dispatched them with my new M1911 feeling like a true warrior now i take out the cow with 2 head shots, skin it and then take 8 steaks and run to the forset, fired up and cooked all 8 and got my health back up to about 11k, was feeling happy about myself as i could survive this s@#t.

Made my way east of Zelegorsk as there were a few barnes there got myself a Double Barrel shotgun, got into some strife with some Z's survived. all in all happy i hadn't encountered any bandits yet.

North of Zelegorsk got myself an AKM from a barn and 3 clips things were lookming up for me now and then i heard some shotsvery close to me from the Barn earlier i was in, thats it my heart started poundin i knew i was in it now, got myself in a tactical position behind some crates and had my AKM pointed at the door, who ever was gonna run in to this Barn was gonna cop it, i hadn't survived all this time to get wiped out now, 20 mins passed and i was not gonna give up my position not now and then i saw this head pop around the door, i opened up like a mad man and dropped him, i was shaking my heart thumping, after i got rid of another 6 more zombies i got the courage and looted my prey, he had everything Alice pack, morphine, epi pen, 2 blood bags, 2 cooked steaks G17 with 2 clips, map.

I was pumped looted everything swapped my shitty coyote pouch and was feeling happier about myself now and just ran to the forest about 60 meteres and just lied down thinking about everything that has happened and couldnt wait to let my mates know how much progress i have done, then i heard a shot go off and then another right after it 2 guys were making there way to the barn i just got out of, first i thought to just log out and call it a night as it was like 2.30am, but the greed took over me, what was i afraid of i've survived this whole time taking out 15-20 Z's with just my axe, im not gonna let these guys get the better of me, so i position myself just infront of the barn doors in the forest got a good clearing and im ready.

I let the first guy come in, he makes his way up the ladder, could've have shot him but i waited, waited for the next guy and he too slowly made his way in and up the other ladder. i couldnt see them anymore and was patient as i had a good spot and they had to come down sooner or later, and they did one tried to run past but i opened up and dropped him and then looked over and the other guy ran out but as soon his mate went down he tried to run back in but overshot the barn and looked like he was trying to glitch through the door so i destroyed him. Now i was feeling better about myself, went over there to loot them not much useful items, one had an lee einfeild, the other a winchester and some bandages that i took. was getting late i decided to make my way to Green Mountain, got inside not much in there, was going to run out but saw like a Batallion of zombies and decided to log out and call it a night.

Now i will wait for my comrades to come and save me, i did my hard yards........................ Now im loving this game.

• Like 3

I've been playing this great mod for about a week now, and it's growing on me:

I rolled a female character for a change and was spawned in Chernogovosk. Since I haven't spawned in Cherno before (Nor really know much about Cherno), I crouched down and surveyed any loot buildingas as I rounded the small mount. Deftly moving past a cluster of hoppers, I checked the first house I came to and scored the usual .303 British and a a nice set of binocs, then I hopped over to the market to loot an M1911 and some consumables, losing a few zed I picked up outside by heading out the back. Instinctively deciding to rush for the open house a few blocks down, I beeline through a zed patrol into a house with an axe and watch. As I turn to leave I notice zed running in a dubious direction outside, followed by an engine sound as a russian military vehicle flies down the road, taking several zed with them.

I stayed back for a moment, before deciding to leave Cherno (yeah...).

Knowing the relative positions of Cherno and Elektrogovorsk I slink into the woods and follow the coastline east, a rather tedious trek. Aware of the juicy fire station to the far north of Elektro on the north-bound highway, I approach the city from a tall hill to the north. As the Fire Station comes into view, I pull out my binocs and check the area for activity:

A mound of dead zed in front of the station, with two guys armed with AK-74s clearing the north end of town, on the station roof. My heart jumps into my throat. Inches away from simply cutting my losses and moving on north, I hesitated. And watched. My range finder counted ~376m to my targets, and my .303 has an effective range of 400m, not only that, but I CAN make out their figures in my sight picture, as well as compensate for the small bullet drop from my elevation.

I watch. And watch. Now they're doing a blood transfusion.. BAM... BAM... BAM.........

BAM!!

With the two dead as doorknobs as I bolt down the hillside to the station, climb the ladder and begin a heart-pounding looting session. Alice Pack, AKS-74 Kobra w/ 7 magazines, and a good set of tools and meds. Within a half-hour I had a character with a good set of gear.

She's still alive, currently half-way between the Barbaric Coast and the Krasnostav airstrip.

• Like 1

Vyrosa, 1 AM. (Past midnight in real life, the game was pitch black. Not monochrome but proper darkness.)

So me and my boys were on the east of that town, on our way to the Northwest airfield encountered two helicopter crashes along the way. We move in a wide line formation and just crossed the road and sat down in the treeline whilst chatting on third party comms. Suddenly...

Let's start off with the group composition for now.

We have two norwegians, one with a FAL Nightscope and one with a DRM scope.

Two english players, one with a M4 one with an AKS Kobra

Finally one Dutch player with a FAL Nightscope with an AKM backup.

So we were chattering on voice comms and then suddenly I hear the rumbling noise of excitement rumbling in the distance and I quickly call out to my friends on coms. "Clear coms! Prone, vehicle approaching from the east." It so happened that I saw a six wheeled truck drive by over the farmland by the road that goes east from Vyrosa and intersects up the North airstrip. One of our norwegian nightscopers spotted a motorcycle and didn't even see the truck some how and we called the order to engage and try and fire on the vehicles. He managed to get away behind Vyrosa and we figured that the truck got blown up since one of us saw the thing smoking somewhere. However, we had forgotten about the motorcycle in the middle of the fight and we were reloading and scanning with squinted eyes for those who did not have a nightscope. Admist the fight one of our english players' computer crashed so we counted him out. However, the other english guy and the DRM norwegian lad got popped out of nowhere and in panic me and the norwegian nightscoper proned and were trying to see where the shots came from. Whilst I convinced him not to ALT+F4 like a little bitch, I ordered us to back up slowly and find some cover admidst the darkness, fortunately he managed to spot the sniper and shot him. We saw the death message pop up right away and we cheered. Then followed a full five minutes discussion on weather there was only a motorcycle and a truck. We approach the body and found a fully functional motocycle beside the corpse with full fuel. And while the norwegian lad began looting the body we actually found a nightvision and a GPS. As soon as we got the nightvision we moved back to our treeline and began scanning around while our reborn brothers were running back to our location. (Where they arrived to loot all over the place about 20-30 minutes later.) However, before they arrived we managed to find the truck driver and the norwegian guy easily managed to spot the guy using nightvision and screamed out in happiness while we carelessly ran over to the other body.

Morale of the story:

Don't fucking alt+f4 when shit goes down. Man the fuck up and you might even obtain a nightvision, gps and a fully working motorcycle (and actually a bicyle aswell xD) if you deal with your situation.

To the owner of the truck and motorcycle (One of you had a NVS and GPS on you.): Good fight, the most exiting ones we've had so far.

Midnight, pitchblack combat with almost no vision is amazing. :)

---

Later that day we placed two snipers on the northeast hill above Starry Sobor. Three of us went down along the mall and towards the militairy camp. It just happened that some asshole spawned behind our snipers, shot the two of them, stole one DRM and then ALT+F4'd while I was binacularing him.

Whoever that was: Fuck you.

---

Now it's time to go to the supermarket... without guns.

Edited by PERFECTION
  • Like 1

This one time at bandcamp... Nah.

I should be called Death Dogder, merely because of the insane luck I had this previous weekend.

I managed to take out a group of 3 in Elektrozavodsk. I had all the odds against me, but I prevailed!

In the first floor, I found a body with a good old Enfield, and then I hear talking in the direct communication chat. I know there are 2+ upstairs, but what the hell, I just respawned, nothing to lose.

I manage to sneak up on second floor, no one there, I carefully lean my face out to the third floor stairs, I see a face. I lean back to avoid getting shot, get out my Enfield, and go for a kill. I go back out to get a shot at him, I shoot, and it must have lagged, because he pumped me full of a m1911 magazine. I dont die, I pass out with 4000 blood left. They leave me for dead, the one I shot with the enfield died, the other 2 are talking "omg he bleeding so baaad", I manage to escape death with 2k blood left and a seriously blurry vision. I manage to sneak up the stairs and pick the one remaining, the other one dc'd due to panic of dragging lots of zeds in (im guessing they were low on ammo).

Then, I switch servers to a nighttime because I need to scavenge the city for canned foods, I manage to get 11k blood before deciding to moving on to another Daytime server. Then I move onto the "fire station" (i have no idea if it is that or not, I keep my own names to me and my friend so we know where exactly we are : ) I get to the tower in it, a sniper caught my movement, and he was eager to kill me, I didnt hear any shots at first because he was so far away, I just hear the shot hits, and one of them hits me, fortunately I dont feint, I just lose about 9k blood, so Im barely alive, I rush down the stairs and bandage myself before running as I've never ran before.

I finally have enough ammo/supplies to just GTFO the whole city, I found no traces of the sniper, so I probably went the right way to avoid him. I move north from Elektro, only to find myself in the middle of zombies spawning. I have a double barreled shotgun this time, as I couldnt find any ammo for Enfield or had any desire to stay in Elektro after these two incidents. Somehow I kill them all with no bleeds/broken legs, since I had no morphine at the time. :P

I then see a player in the forest with an enfield, luckily he didnt see me, the fun thing was he had no ammo for it, but I was shitscared and had low blood, so I took my chances to blast him with the shotgun until there was nothing left. A huge server lag appeared just then, because I shot 4 rounds into him, he was still running as if nothing happened, after aprox. 5 seconds he falls down with a broken leg and can still move, I'm lucky enough to not get seen by him, so I run behind his back everytime he moves.. And after 15 seconds he actually dies, only to find out he didnt have a single shot for Enfield, better not risk it eh? :D

So I've been lucky enough to stay alive for about 23 ish hours or so ingame time over a total of 3-4 days. I would consider myself a bit lucky, you dont fuck with death :P

Edit; Im probably going to die hard today :D If u want a firefight Im usually on Norway 1 or Dallas 40 :P

Edited by Safrion
  • Like 1

The sun beat down at us. Just me and a mate, poking through some barns on the west of Elektro.

I remember it clearly. He was standing just outside a warehouse, I was just inside.

I heard noise; an engine. A second later, a bright red car smacked into my friend, sent him 20m easily. Dead on impact. To say the least, this caught me by surprise.

But immediately I noticed something. The car wasn't moving. Well, not very fast. The engine was revving and the tires were spinning, this driver was attempting to back up and have a go at me. Thankfully, the mud effectively prevented that.

I couldn't let my mate die in vain, and besides, there were 4 people in this car. I didn't have a choice.

Un-slinging my Lee Enfield rifle, I brought the butt up to my shoulder and fired into the wind shield. A second later, Another round followed. And another.

I hit the front passenger first, but he must have only been hit in the arm, as he got out of the car and looked pissed. An M16A2 was in his arms. Not good. A .303 drilled a nice hole in his chest before it came up to bear though.

His body went limp.

Before I know it, there are 4 dead people, 5 including my mate. And a freaking car. Those who say God doesn't exist, well he just delivered 4 very well equipped bandits into thine hands, and a CAR.

Looting their bodies was very beneficial. The afore mentioned M16A2 with 7 STANAG magazines, medicinal supplies.. I took everything of worth and dumped it into the boot. To my glee, there was also 4 full jerry cans in there.

I babbled excitedly into my radio, informing my scattered allies of my grand score. There were 2 more. One found an M24 by random chance in a medium yield residential home I believe. He thought HE was lucky.

I picked them up in the space of about 5 minutes, and my re spawned mate. There were 4 of us.

Never had I felt so free. We visited all the main cities, and the air fields in the space of a couple hours. Also found a helicopter crash (empty :( ). Scored myself a M16A2 with M203, and a couple grenades for it. Life was good. We filmed this video here

in the NWAF. Turns out cars make it very, very easy.

The night ended though, like all good things. One of us tried to jump over the bonnet and glitched himself inside the engine bay. Died suddenly. Sad. We put his gear in the boot.

Then another jumped in the car and decided to play silly buggers. Drove off on me, I told him stop, or I WILL shoot (after making a remark about not even being able to try my M203). He stopped on my count from 7 at 2. Lucky. I ran up, but close to the door, he sped off again.

Now, I love a joke, but that particular one wears thing very quickly. And though I'd never fired a 203 before, the car exploded in flames about 70m away from me. I regret nothing, despite the M24 being in the boot.

It was an awesome night. My only regret is murdering Betty, our little red car.

This is my first story here...

So I start out on the beach near Balota airstrip and make my way to the military camp. It is loaded with zeds and I have nothing to deal with them so I skip over it and keep going to the airstrip. I go around in the treeline until I'm just behind the air control tower and sneak my way into it. Amazingly nobody had been a barbedwire fag and sealed it off. Once inside I look behind the stairs and find a can of beans and two cans of pepsi, not bad atleast I'll survive an hour. Once I go up the first floor I find an M16M203 with 3 clips. Now I feel ready to make my way to elektro but since I am here I might as well search the rest of the place. On the next floor there is another m16 with 2 more clips, now we're talking. I leave the control tower with my weapon and quickly run to the first hanger amazingly not attracting any zeds. Inside I find one more clip and a PDW with one mag. I'm starting to feel pretty confident now and just run to the next hanger attracting a few zeds but I just keep running. I do a quick pass through the hanger and see nothing of value. I kill off the pursuing zeds and make my way out of the airstrip.

After leaving the airstrip I walk through the woods for a long time hitting up a couple barns along the way. I manage to get a hatchet, knife and some more beans and soda. I soon come to the edge of the woods next to cherno. Well fuck that place I'm not about to go in and get killed right away so I go around the edge of the woods to the west side of cherno. I'm in the treeline near the beach and I see a new player crouch walking across towards me. I run out to greet him and his player name is Julie. I drop a frag grenade I had found to give to him as a gesture of good faith. He thanks me and as I'm about to leave I hear a gunshot and see the dirt kick up next to me. I run for the treeline while shots are snapping all around my feet. This guy is not a good shot and misses every time. Once in the trees I hide behind a rock and pull out my m16 hoping the guy comes looking for me so I can ambush him. Well I soon see a person walking to my right and hide behind another rock. I assume it is the man shooting at me and start firing at him. He goes down and I'm surprised no zeds heard the shots. I foolishly run right to the body and start to loot it. He also had an m16, but before I could take anything I get shot. Somehow I'm still standing and run back to my original rock and take cover.

I look out near the beach where the shot came from and see some zeds running towards someone. I run parallel to him in the treeline and see him crouch and start shooting at the zeds. I see that he has some sort of very loud sniper. I want it. I pretty much just bum rush right at him as he is still fighting the zeds. He sees me and ignoring the zombies starts to aim at me. I fire and so does he, but since I was moving sideways the whole time he misses and so do I. I stop and just take a chance hoping I'll kill him first and just stand still and open fire. He goes down and the zeds hop on his body and start munching. I dispatch the zombies and loot the body. ALICE pack, morphine, bloodbags, bandages, beans glorious beans, soda and almost a full toolbelt. And then there it is. The DMR with 6 or seven clips. I boner and take my new found treasure and run to the woods to live as a wildman from now on.

That was my first true firefight and my biggest loot haul. Very fun day

I awoke on the coast just outside of Kamenka, with the early hours of the day having already passed, my journey began at around midday. My two comrades had begun making their way towards Cherno from the north, having been separated from me in the darkness of the previous night.

Knowing I was unlikely to find any other survivors within this tiny, derelict town, I casually made my way around, checking various buildings in the hope of hitting a goldmine of supplies. Sadly all that came up was various empty tins and a heat pack. "Useless" I thought, but I picked some up nonetheless. By the time I had finished my excavation, slowly making my way towards Komarovo in the hopes of more successful looting, my two comrades were already settling down in Cherno, awaiting my arrival. Along the way they had gathered a few weapons and supplies, so were easily able to defend themselves against any unwanted zombies or even worse, bandits. They had even picked up three more people along the way, who were more than willing to stick around until I arrived.

However... Something was wrong. One of my friends had begun coughing, with his health slowly depleting along with his temperature. Having no prior experience with these symptoms before, they eventually came to the conclusion that the long period of time they had spent outside in the rain had led to him coming down with a case of Hypothermia. We still don't know whether this was the case, but we weren't exactly going to doubt the possibility if it led to his death. Sadly, none of the four of them had any supplies that could counter this potentially fatal infection. Being stuck between Kamenka and Komarovo still, I figured I was of little use to him.

But then I remembered. The Heat Pack! My only supply from Kamenka was not only useful, but now vital to someone's survival! The number of zombies I'd been encountering on my trek was increasing dramatically, but I couldn't afford to waste time and sneak my way past them. My friend needed me. And so with that, I ran. I ran for what seemed like ages, straight through Komarovo, then Balota, taking little notice of the ever growing number of determined undead that had begun the chase after catching sight of my frantic sprinting through the towns. Quick glances back every few minutes led me to believe the numbers had already gone into double digits. With no weapons to defend me, it looked like I was going to have to rely on the four waiting survivors in Cherno to get rid of them.

Sadly I wasn't in top form either, with my hunger and thirst on the rise, I feared it wouldn't be long until I was outclassed by these relentless zombies, dooming both me and my constantly growing weaker friend, who had made a temporary base in a mosque, in the hopes I would easily identify it upon my arrival. Eventually Cherno was in my sights, yet sadly I was still in the sights of these zombies. I couldn't just run straight into the mosque, even with four armed comrades inside, I couldn't run the risk of them being overpowered. So I ran straight past the building, did a 180 turn, and dodged all of these infected to run past again. This moment of delay gave my comrades time to open fire and quickly dispel of these pests. We were reunited at last. I quickly introduced myself to these three new team mates before trading over my heat pack in exchange for some soda from my friend. Things were beginning to look up for us...

The crack of the rifle shot rang throughout the city.

No one had been expecting it, and not a single one of us was sure of what had just happened. In a state of confusion, I looked to my left to see my other friend standing next to me, having just accidently fired... At pointblank range... Into my side, with her strongest weapon. As quickly as this revelation had come to me, I collapsed. Fearing this mishap was in fact a sign of betrayal and the rifle was soon to be turned on them, the three new comrades quickly ran away, taking with them supplies I was in desperate need of. I was losing blood at an amazing rate. I had never seen anything like it before, I could have sworn I was losing hundreds of it within a couple of seconds. Whilst one friend was shouting her apologies, swearing she hadn't meant it, my now seemingly cured friend quickly took out his last remaining bandage and fixed me up as best as he could. I was already unconscious by the time he got to me.

I regained consciousness a short while later, with just 1807 blood left. In the space of a minute our reunion had turned into chaos. Our hopes of repairing a car had to be put on hold. We needed to make it to a hospital, quickly. Despite being cured of his mystery illness, both my comrade and of course myself needed our health back up to a survivable rate. The two of them made their way to a nearby supermarket, as I slowly stumbled behind them. I collapsed once along the way, but luckily no zombies noticed my body lying in the street, and I joined up with them inside the abandoned store. I wolfed down the two tins of beans we had found, barely getting my health above 2000. And so, we decided to call it a night right there, making base inside this supermarket, we now await the time to journey to one of the two Hospitals within Cherno, with a blood transfusion being vital to my survival.

And for some reason, my friend still appears to be coughing...

To Be Continued...

Edited by Emty
  • Like 4

Almost one hour of attacks on me in the bottom floor of the tower at Balota Airfield. I was on the floor, sometimes below the stairs andI had some AK* Weapons and ammo, but broken legs and 2000 blood. So I passed out every now and then... There were about 3 or 4 enemies... I hoped I may get all and get some food... I killed to when they tried to invade... But this took long. The were good, worked with smoke grenades. But finally their sniper was at a point where he could hit me through the window... He failed so often and I felt safe... But then YOU ARE DEAD,,,, good fun though.

Edited by plymouth_colony

My story is a highlight from my first group play. I´m not very good and telling stories, but i´ll try my best.

There were 4 of us, we were traveling between small towns one by one. When we were close to the next town, we hear gunshots from it, our sniper guy scopes out the town but didn´t see anyone. So we decided to skip this town and head to the next. Between this town and the next is an open field with one road going through it, to avoid being out in the open we go to the tree line and walk among it. Suddenly someone said "Car!", we all look to the road on our left and we see a car storming down the road heading to our target town, those were probably the same guys we heard shooting. Our Sniper guy tries taking a shot at the car, not hitting any of the passengers, we were unsure if they were aware they were being shot at. We kept an eye on the car until he vanished into the next town, the town we intended to go.

We talked about what we should do, and finally decided to try to hunt these guys down. We approach the town carefully, our sniper like always was somewhere else getting a good oversight of the town and keeping watch.

When we get to the town about 15 minutes later, we were beginning to suspect they were gone. So we went into barns and houses to get some supplies, still keeping a eye on that car, in case they weren´t gone. But after having scavenged the whole town, we decide to leave.

We talked about our next destination, we saw a large empty field down the road, and someone mentioned that there´s a chance that a helicopter could spawn there, we didn´t intend to repair it, just to get supplies.

After a little walking, we spot a broken down helicopter. There were a lot of zombies surrounding it so we walked slowly towards it. After we got as close as we could without alerting the horde, we make a plan to send one guy to investigate while the other 3 lie down in the grass. The investigator manages to get to the helicopter without being detected and loots some important supplies. This time our sniper was not keeping watch but was with us on the field.

Then, all hell broke loose. One of us spotted the car on our right side, only about 50 meters away from us, there were 3 of them stadning around the car, doing what i´m not sure. They hadn´t seen us yet because we were down in the grass.

Someone yells "Attack", we stand up and start spraying bullets. I get hit but i continue shooting, our sniper guy gets hit, falls to the ground and dies. I manage to kill one of them and one of our guys kills another, only leaving one alive. It got worse, we alerted the zombies that were surrounding the helicopter and they came at us. While we were dealing with the zombies, the third guy tries to flee, he runs to his car, gets in and starts driving away, we were not gonna let him escape so we shot at the car, killing the driver very quickly.

Just like that, we had a car full of supplies, we re-arm and go on our way and continue to have fun.

This was a great moment, the gun battle lasted about 10 seconds but it felt like much longer, my heart was beating like crazy. By far the best moment i´ve had in a video game.

Just had a estimate 2 day suvivor, and holy cow it was awesome.

I wont tell the towns i travelede to, but I made sure to loot alot of places in the outskirts of towns. I mostly played at night because of the low risk, but it can get insanely dark.

Having a coyote backpack really really sucks if you want to survive over longer intervals. Finally found a good marked on my journey, and a good alice pack to fill up with plunder and survival gear.

I used a double barrelled shotgun, mainly because of all the ammo that can be used for it ( pellets, slugs ), and I was not aiming to go pvp, I was more like trying to survive. Once I had the chance to collect a ak-74 with 3 mags, but since I hear that it needs 2 shots to kill a zombie, I let it stay for someone to find it to better use.

kn

So the story ends with me going to the NW airfield to loot the northeastern hangars, found a binocular, I thought yaaay, but oh boy that was short lived joy, exiting the hangar a hopper blocks my quick exit. There Im standing on my kne waiting. and *paf paf * out of nowhere a bandit shots me, somewhere close by.

I think we all want to die in the game at some point, because we´ve seen what a challenge zombies can be at night ( thank god for that, dont change it ). So we venture to the black hole that is the NW airfield of Chernarus. The Stairway to heaven.

Karma or "How killing people is bad"

(The 24p quotes that are aligned to the right signify a chapter, and is a quote from the chapter itself)

"not a living soul was on my tail"

I boarded the land near Balota, on the far east side, where the old airstrip spans. The sun was just rising and the way the undead spread across the airstrip seemed almost graceful in the morning light.

Suddenly the silence was broken by the sound of gunfire.

I was about half way down the strip, in plain sight, so in the panic I turn around and start running for cover. While running I was constantly looking back, to see if any zombies spotted me, but not a living soul was on my tail - they probably went for him rather than me.

Only once I was already lying down in the bushes I started paying more attention to the sound of gunshots and realized the shooter is not a sniper, and he is them...

It seemed like a second after my moment of clarity the shooting stops and the console spits out:

"KingCrimson was killed."

"not a rifle, not a pistol.. not even an axe, but I have the upper hand."

That's my que - The bandit is probably looting, it's now or never. I know the hangars there were always full of all sorts of goodies and now that I know the bandit was there and he doesn't know I'm here, I have the upper hand... not a rifle, not a pistol.. not even an axe, but I have the upper hand.

I climb up the airstrip's control tower to see where he is stationed, but I can't, the only thing I see is about five zombies and what could be his victim wearing an alice backpack.

I try to resist and just head east, to the safe-haven of Chernogorsk, but my sin is greed and the temptation too big to resist.

With my head low I make my way to the hangars, this time from the north side - the landing strip is south and I'm sure the bandit will be watching that, rather than the plains on his left.

I suddenly see him. He's holding a shotgun and running from the hangar closer to me, to the one further away. With one foot already in the hangar I spot another survivor that had just exited the same hangar, but from the second door. I freeze, now it's not a looting mission anymore - these guys are working together and I need to find a gun, ASAP!

Going straight for the corpse would be a suicide, since it is close to the second hangar, where the two bandits were stationed now, so going around is the only option.

When I was about to lean over the corner, so I could see second hangar's entrances, the two bandits open fire at the passing zombies, getting themselves occupied aswell as clear my path towards the dead survivor.

Crawling there takes ages, and I can't believe I'd ever say this, but I wish there were more zombies around.

Despite all odds, I make it there, without checking I just throw away my backpack and strap on the big one. I check around and see an Enfield and find 4 magazines on his body.

"What a beutiful rifle.." I thought to myself, while checking the aim, when suddenly, the bandit with the shotgun walks sideways around the corner taking slow steady stepps and aiming down his sights, unfortunetelly for him, facing the wrong way.

"he didn't fear death, he welcomed it"

The shot went straight through his head, and I swear I saw a ray of sunlight shine right through the hole for a split second before his lifeless body collapsed to the floor.

I felt fear, excitement, relief and sadness at the same time... but only for a short while, before his buddy came out of the hangar. He surprised me, but he didn't shoot - like he was waiting to see if I was friendly.

I didn't give him time to ask, just instant transition into survival-mode and boom... He fell to the ground, and I saw it in his eyes, he didn't fear death, he welcomed it.

I glanced at my debug-monitor which stated:

Zombies killed: 0

Headshots: 1

Murders: 2

Bandits killed: 0

Then I only felt sadness and shame. The corpse I looted was the bandit and the survivors I murdered were the heroes defending the good image of people in this hell. It all seems so obvious now.

The first gunfight I heard was probably them fighting the camping bandit... And when I was sneaking around the hangars, they probably saw me, and thought they would help me by clearing the sight of zombies. And when I shot the first one, the second one was probably thinking it wasn't me and was just checking to see if I was fine...

I decided to burry them, so the zombies..- Ok, I burried them because I had to burry them. I had to burry my guilt. And even though they probably weren't as kind hearted as I imagined them in the last paragraph, they were still not murderers like me. They weren't bandits, like me.

Hope you guys like this and also, the story doesn't end there, it continues. But it's a lot of work to write like this and if not a single person will read it, I don't see a point. :) So please, let me know if you like it.

Edited by obi_lipnik
  • Like 5

This is a tribute of the Greatest Story in the World. AKA “The Adventures of The Bastard, The Git & The Damsel.”

I felt a shiver run through my body as I gathered my barings. It didnt take me long to remember where I was - I'd spent the previous night running through the pitch black toward the water. I was in Cherno, just by the harbour. I slowly waded my way through the depths, accutely aware that I couldn't just stay there, as much as I wanted to, the fear of hypothermia drove my need to move. Besides, I knew my friends were on the way - they had promised.

I took solace in the fact that I wouldn't be alone for long and made my way along the seemingly quiet footpath toward a pair of water towers and a big, white house. My paranoia ate away at me and panic started her treacherous ascent up my spine into my throat, bubbling out in incoherent speech as I babbled my way up the ladder of the first tower.

I knew one of my friends was making his way from Kamenka - a long-ass journey which made my nerves twitch. I hoped the other would get his booty over to my location quicker. I plonked myself down atop the tower, catching my breath and surveyed the surroundings from my high-up position. I spent a little while there, eyes sharp for any movement when I spotted someone in the distance, headed in my direction. I was slightly apprehensive - what if it wasn't one of our group? Still, the thought of finally seeing another survivor (I hoped) made me swallow my fear and head back down the ladder and toward the figure who was quickly approaching.

Excitment burst it's way through my chest when I realised it was one of my friends. I could've hugged him but restrained myself. Instead I squealed at him like a school girl. The Bastard had a gun and food and drinks! I helped myself to a tin of his beans and cola whilst he explained;

"Found you through my binoculars. Figured you'd be sat crapping yourself high up somewhere. Made my way down from Vysota."

The beans tasted of victory and the cola was a frothy joy as we caught up with each other. Just as we were going to head toward the white house to wait for our friend to finish his journey to Cherno, we spotted movement just behind it. I hid behind The Bastard and we made our way to him.

“We’re friendly!” We called out. Thankfully, so was he. We made plans to go toward the Church. It was a distance away but it seemed doable – as long as we kept low and made our way there quietly – the zombies between our location and the building stuck out like sore thumbs. As we grabbed our balls out of our purses to make our way there, it started lashing down with rain. Great. We made our way down the embankment when The Bastard started showing signs of hypothermia. I would never have admitted it to his face, but I was worried. That’s when our radios crackled to life – it was our friend! Yes, he was close. Yes, he had a heatpack. Sadly, he was bringing friends with him. And not the good kind.

The Bastard and I looked at each other and with a nod, sprinted to the Church with our recently acquired comrade. We made it in, slightly breathless and were confronted with 2 others who had already set up camp in there. Must be our lucky day – they were friendlies, too. We made our way to the back of the Church and just in time – we spotted our friend run past the door. For a brief moment I wonder why the hell he hadn’t just come in, until the trail of 10 or so Zeds following in his wake answered my unspoken question.

The Git finally made it into the damn church as 5 of us unloaded into the Zeds who had followed him. The doors were closed and there was a collective sigh of relief in the building.

My fingers, slick with persperation, gripped the gun in a haphazard manner. I turn my body to look at The Bastard and grinned at him, then I twist it back to The Git and my grin grew wider. For the first time ever, I actually felt confident. We'd made it! Found each other after having lost one another. It didn't matter that one of them still had an irritating cough and we were exhausted from the rush of adrenaline that hadn't left any of us for a long time - we were safe(ish) and alive. I felt myself relax ever-so-slightly, feeling the giddy burst of joy flickering through my nervous system.

That's when the shot rang out.

I wasn't sure what had happened, even when the spray of blood hit my face and I stared into the eyes of my friend, horror dawning on his face before he collapsed in a heap on the floor. My brain was still playing catch-up whilst my mouth was asking "What the hell just happened!?" I didn't register the other survivors leaving the Church, I just stared down at my friend with an open mouth.

"You shot me! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ACTUALLY JUST SHOT ME!" His eyes rolled back as he slipped into unconciousness, The Bastard was already on him with a bandage.

Oh fuck.

"Oh god please don't die, I didn't mean to!" I gripped The Git and thought twice about shaking his nearly lifeless body. "I'M SORRY! I DIDN'T ACTUALLY SHOOT YOU ON PURPOSE! This is exactly why I can't have nice things." The last comment was directed toward The Bastard who had his usual string of sarcastic BS to admonish me with.

As The Git came to, it was decided we would head to the local Supermarket. I wanted to help carry him there but he was adament. Stubborn Git. From there, we were to head to the nearby hospital.

As we bunkered down inbetween the aisles, I let a smile creep across my face again. Sure, The Git was bleeding out and The Bastard was even grumpier due to a fever but I know, despite being a typical Damsel, they have my back. Just a pity they don’t trust me with theirs – especially when I have a rifle in my hand.

Edited by n0odles
  • Like 3

Montain Dew curse hit again.

Found one, drank it.

On ehour late, while trying to turn the game into windowed mode, I misclick... And respawn.

My first post and thought I'd add to a great thread.

So I been playing this mod for a couple of weeks after noticing some videos kicking about Youtube and bought Arma yada yada, loving it so far and been getting to grips with the dodgy inventory, finally started getting to the point where I'm good to get equipped and get North etc etc but still getting killed by players, they always seem to get the drop on me, probably me being to hasty as usual! :)

But anyway I today I started again as the night before I got greedy (again) and got 1 shotted at NWAF when I pretty much had all I needed but anyways, so I spawn near Electro and head in town dodging Zeds and the odd player manage to pick up a sniper rifle and supplies to get me North so I head out of Electro but was a little bored so decided to head up the hill and try the rifle out as I haven't given sniping a chance yet heads around to the east hillside sees a bush think hey I'll jump in that...bad idea, leg broken and of course the sweep of the hospital minutes earlier yielded no morphine so was contemplating respawning or just crawl and camp for awhile.

So I drags myself along a bit but not much movement around town so why not try the 500m to the hospital in the hope of respawning loots? snails it along thinking it's only seconds and I'm gonna get an axe or a zed to finish me off but no made it and by the luck of Jebus there was some, saved! patched myself up and got the hell out of Dodge and head back North!

Running out of the woods down hill side East of Electro, I started hearing gun fire, maybe it's back in town? carries on some and more shots and aimed in my direction this time no doubt but as usual I have no idea which direction so I just turns tail and runs for the woods I just left, surly if I sprint at full speed whoever was taking shots and sniping from a distance wouldn't catch me? so there I am running along and the fizz of more shots, dammit, how the hell? turns around nothing but then WTF!!!??? a sniper right behind me firing what looks like the big frikking 50 cal sniper rifle in a Ghile suit but he's not aiming at me so again I'm thinking what the flux is going on? was I being sniped from the woods I initially came from anyway in that split second or two of thinking that I shot this fella and then proceeded to loot this chap and low and behold this guy has all the phat loots, NVG, rangefinder, GPS the full monty and not to forget the rifle, m9 sd and half dozen clips for both, thank you very much kind sir, weeks looking in helis and barracks and I get this lucky?

But then more shots!...dammit this guy have a sniper partner and why I had trouble locating the gunfire the first time? I wasn't waiting to find out...I was outta there.

Running around on a pitch black server with my new NVGs going wow these just made the game hella less stressful I've been thinking was this guy maybe a hacker or a snipe team with the best kit but that couldn't hit the side of a barn? as something I forgot to mention through the leg break and first trip through town I was down to 4k health any kind of shot I was dead, never mind a 50 cal and they/him took at least a dozen shots, strange very strange.

I sadly lost the range finder in a loot bug but got all the rest and still trying to work out how to use the GPS? traveled around a few hours got a FAL with the BFS (Big fu..scope!) and 5 clips, set up camp with supplies that will last me for days, just hope no one finds my campsite, gonna think about getting my hands on a vehicle next came across a couple of bicycles but not seen anything apart from those and a boat, think that'll be my next target, oh and of course keeping alive with my new found loots!

Thank you Rocket and co for a truly wonderful mod, hell I ain't even started any team play yet, that would add so much more will start looking soon I guess, keep up the great work though and will follow/play through the development phase and hopefully see a stand alone product in the future, it deserves to be, a breath of fresh air even with a wiff of Zombie!