zenorc123

Remove Teamspeak.

Just having a private server full of hardcore people who don't use TS3 any 3rd part voice app would be enough. Problem solved. I bet there would be enough players to have server full :D A server that encourages to experience true immersion :)

TS unavailable through dayz ? Never going to happen.

Direct is too buggy for a lot of people to rely on for starters.

Being able to communicate with your team entirely outside of the game world, effectively adding ESP, doesn't effect your playing ability?

Not directly. It indirectly allows you to bypass the use of direct chat, which would be indirectly giving you an advantage.

An Aimbot takes direct control of your aim for you with the sole purpose of making you do better in that game, thus giving you a direct advantage.

Secondly, it's an advantage that could be achieved without the use of any external programs, simply by either sitting by each other or using a mobile phone. There is NO way to emulate an aimbot with physical means, as it requires you to see through game objects and move at insane speeds with pinpoint accuracy.

Edited by Rage VG

One of my mates does not have a decent enough connection to skype or ts so we have had plenty of sessions with our phones on speaker.

You cannot remove TeamSpeak, as much as it would be good for people to use ingame chat it wont happen. Its good for communicating over long ranges too.

Aye another point to make about "You shouldnt use TS3 because it gives you an advantage as people cant hear you" argument is that IRL you can just whisper or speak quietly. If IRL I didnt want people to hear us speak, they wouldnt as I could make sure they wouldnt. In game you cant do that. You can with ACRE though and the Shacktack add-on for it. Obviously this point matters not when we talk about long distance coms i.e people in cherno talking to someone in Elektro or a sniper providing overwatch talking to his partner whos in the town below him.

But yeah, although I kinda agree i would prefer that people didnt use TS3, there's no way to enforce it and nor should there be.

Eh, are you feeling alright, OP?

One can't simply remove TeamSpeak from existence.

That's just silly.

Yes, I'm feeling quite alright, thanks for your concern. I am not suggesting removing TeamSpeak from existence, I am just suggesting that they forbid the use of any 3rd-party comms software ingame because it can quite balance out the gameplay and can quite make things challenging. :)

Edited by zenorc123

Well I think this is not necessary because there will be servers in the standalone which are meant to the players that like to play for the immersion and fun just like Arma has.

Sure.

I will just use Skype.

If that is blocked, I will proceed to use the phone.

I am just suggesting that they forbid the use of any 3rd-party comms software ingame because it can quite balance out the gameplay and can quite make things challenging. :)

That's impossible even in theory, let alone in practice.

You can't monitor such activity nor should you, your best bet is finding friends who avoid '3rd-party comms'.

• Like 2

We need to change the current voice system. Instead of multiple channels, it would be whisper, talk, yell, or talk in radio.

If the game allowed me to talk to my buddies in a much quieter manner, I would use in-game chat more often.

Edited by colekern

Teamspeak.

I quite disagree with players using teamspeak to communicate with someone while playing DayZ. Sorry if this was suggested a long time ago but I just couldn't find it using the search function.

Back to teamspeak,

I mean, if two players have to speak to each other ingame, they should just use the direct comms and speaking would mean being overheard by other players which would increase the risk for player contact. Others use teamspeak to coordinate a position in which they will rendezvous, I suggest planning it before playing the game and try your best to really meet each other in the game.

Thanks for reading. :)

are you fucking retarded?that's like asking them to remove Skype

I was thinking about this too, but it is impossible. So i thought that it would be fun if DayZ would always use direct voice chat, not only when you push a button.

Edited by Mistermartijn

I believe you can block ts with punkbuster and I say go ahead if you can put a REALISTIC radio system in DayZ.

Unfortunately i cant see any third party software like this being blocked - there are too many options, and like Inception said, you can always just resort to a phone if need be.

It is a form of 'cheating' though in my book but, hey, if you can loot your own body after being killed why not have Teamspeak?

If this was possible and easy I would be all for it. Problems that arise with this idea (assuming DayZ devs find out how to disable teamspeak-like programs):

1) There's always a way around software: Whether it's breaking into your grandma's passworded computer because she forgot it or cracking into your neighbor's wifi, there's always a way around something. PERIOD.

2) Since there's a way around something, scammers will offer pseudo-software to go around the teamspeak block and the naive will buy into it.... or the elite clans will be dead silent while well-to-do-groups will play by the rules and be dicked over

3) Enforcement - almost impossible to enforce... how do you prove that somebody was talking on a teamspeak-related software that isn't traceable by said game?

4) Resources. There would have to be an program that is constantly checking for teamspeak-related programs and could be a useless resource hog

Final Word:

Good idea, but unrealistic

Now, how many people here do you think would have heard of this game? I don't want to come off as sounding horrible when I ask this, but there is a valid point.

I played the Alpha and pre Beta back in the day. We used Ventrillo when we were playing and it worked fine. Might have changed since then though, because it was a long time ago.

Silly suggestion. The in-game chat is only good for saying 'Don't turn around or I'll shoot you'. As stated before: Teamspeak approximates walkie-talkie radio. If you can't be arsed to get yourself into the server's teamspeak (most good private hive servers provide one) and co-op with other people then you deserve to be at some disadvantage.

You know, 95% of people are very SOCIAL animals. Whilst you're roaming around the woods silent and alone, they're having a lot of FUN on teamspeak. I sometimes even listen in on my group's Teamspeak channel whilst working and not in-game, because the shenanigans and crack can be very entertaining. People aren't using Teamspeak to conspire and cheat - it's because TS makes playing games more fun and social.

Edited by Anti

I played the Alpha and pre Beta back in the day. We used Ventrillo when we were playing and it worked fine. Might have changed since then though, because it was a long time ago.

Yes, but just because it worked properly doesn't mean it's a good idea. I could efficiently place tacks on my floor-guard, it doesn't mean I'm going to enjoy it.

Yes remove access to TS and other 3rd party voIP software.

We'd all eventually be banned for spamming side chat/voice chat.

Makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

I do like the idea of using a radio system similar to ACRE though. Even if programs such as TS basically make it useless for most players.

No matter what you block there are people that will have to ruin it for everyone else by giving themselves an unfair advantage in some way.

Welcome to the internet.

There is nothing wrong with players using any VOIP they want.

Honestly though, If DayZ were to remove the use of 3rd party VOIP programs, people would still find a loop hole around it and also as Mr Nasty mentioned people will just spam and talk in Side channel.