Sign in to follow this  
Bifftastic

Image editing software (anyone know?)

Gimp

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 2

Gimp is pretty good. It has many of the features you get with PS. I used to use it a lot in the past.

NINJAAAAAAAD!!!!!!

Edited by Fraggle

Hello there

I have to agree with those other chaps, AFAIK GIMP is the leader of the freebies.

Lots of tutorials on youtube as well.

Rgds

LoK

Yeah, GIMP is pretty good. It borrows a lot from PS and it's free.

To many frickin mods in this thread! (breaks out a broom and shoo's them away)

But yeah Smasht hit it right off GIMP. (snickers)

**I'd like to report Pendragon for spam! This post wasn't needed**

So much ninja-ing... LOL.

5 minutes, 4 mod responses.

To many frickin mods in this thread! (breaks out a broom and shoo's them away)

But yeah Smasht hit it right off GIMP. (snickers)

**I'd like to report Pendragon for spam! This post wasn't needed**

It's nicer in here :)

• Like 1

Hello there

To carry on the mod fest (*man hugz* all round and a firm handshake for the others) I've not really fiddled with GIMP for many years, I hear it *is* the goto freebie out there but is it comparable with PS?

Does it have features not available in Adobe's venerable flagship product?

Is it worth looking at if one already uses PS? (I'm no expert btw but have been using it for "Box Standard" tasks for years)

rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Hello there

To carry on the mod fest (*man hugz* all round and a firm handshake for the others) I've not really fiddled with GIMP for many years, I hear it *is* the goto freebie out there but is it comparable with PS?

Does it have features not available in Adobe's venerable flagship product?

Is it worth looking at if one already uses PS? (I'm no expert btw but have been using it for "Box Standard" tasks for years)

rgds

LoK

its comparable to Photoshop, however it doesn't have every filter Photoshop would have. Its project is managed by people doing this in their free time and whatnot. So if price is an issue, this is huge!

• Like 2

Considering GIMP is free it's bloody amazing really. I use PS now so there's no need to go back. The transition from one to the other can set you back a bit because the menus/option layout's are so different. PS has more features but you can create professional quality images in GIMP and it has more than you need for most projects.

Im a GIMP man too......err

Anywho, as others have said its not quite up there with Photoshop but its pretty amazing for a freebie.

• Like 1

Hello there

Biff, let us know how you get on in the art section of the board, it'll be interesting to hear how you get on with it.

rgds

LoK

I would also like to thank everyone for recommending Gimp. I've been looking for a good photo editing program for a long time. Thought I would have to shell out all that money for PS to get anything. This is a great alternative. I do have a question though but not related to photo editing but video editing. Specifically related to editing different video files together. FLV files. Is there a free program like Gimp that does this for video editing? Sorry I'll make my own thread if you want me to mods. :|

Edited by Chaos5061

I used Paint.net for a while, but I'd go with these guys suggestions.