rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.3 (community edition)

This is pointless, none of you are over 30. You don't get it yet.

When the real world hits you, let me know, we will talk again.

Till then, enjoy your BS.

haters gotta hate

Apparently you don't understand how the naming system works on forums. =)

...And apparently you don't have a sense of humour. :D

I'll get my coat.

@cRy Your forum name suits you to a FUCKING HUMONGOUS extend.

Kk I'll be nice and just say, if you're unhappy with the mod, stop playing stop hating since it clearly upsets you this much, better still don't get the standalone. They stated their reasons for not producing 1.7.3 as promised( with dogs ). They weren't dodgy about it and mentioned there were issues with the animations. Rocket was given an opportunity to develop a standalone by a company which sponsored him a team. The mod was created in alpha, carried over to standalone by a company with an engine more conducive for coding. This Arma2 engine has a surplus amount of bugs that Rocket can't fix. So works on standalone will be more productive than the mod.

From common sense, that team doesn't work for the mod. Pulling the community to help was the best idea yet, and they delivered an update. Once again, you did not pay for the mod, you paid for the game to play a free mod. You did not play Arma2 for its gameplay that's your problem. Suck it up cRy baby. :)

Also, from the ways you try to prove a point, a kid lives within you, which is why you're playing a game. So many games in the market now, move on if you don't find this acceptable. Seems like you're a working adult, don't cRy over cash you "spent at the wrong place". Unless, hypothetically, you cRy and beg on the streets for cash to buy games.

seewhatididthere?

Edited by k1infran
  • Like 6

cRy apparently you don't understand how language skills develop as you age. I used to cuss more than you, something happened I grew up. This is a great FREE mod for a game! The community is for the most part excellent you flaming everyone that enjoys it shows your maturity. Attacking the mods that try to keep this a respectable place to aire concerns shows your lack of maturity.

To all the dev's and mod's I thank you for everything these forums and the mod are today.

• Like 1

Nice update! I'm loving the combat logging addition. Happy day's!

@Cry - I'm over 30 and all I see is an ill-informed whiner. This thread is for discussing the new update, please stop wasting space with your ranting.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 4

* [NEW] New Combat System If you fire a weapon, someone fires a weapon near you, or a bullet/object impacts near you, then you go into combat. During combat, "ABORT" is disabled. If you ALT-F4/close anyway, your character is considered "combat logged" and instantly killed and leaves a body.

* [NEW] Alt-f4 is now locked and will only open your status menu.

Haha, these ought to make some people mad, but it's very helpful indeed!

Nice update! I'm loving the combat logging addition. Happy day's!

@Cry - I'm over 30 and all I see is an ill-informed whiner. This thread is for discussing the new update, please stop wasting space with your ranting.

Has Heinz approached you for the rights to your little Bean Man? I think he's pretty bad ass. Cant decide if i like the sniper version or the janitor version.

Seriously boys and girls, I come on here to read about the update. Take your shit slinging, cat fighting, annoying as hell antics somewhere the fuck else please.

• Like 8

What's this? The delay before they fall over?

I think this refers to the short "sprint" the infected perform after they have been fatally wounded and enter the death animation.

Really happy to see it fixed :)

Edited by PurePassion

Has Heinz approached you for the rights to your little Bean Man? I think he's pretty bad ass. Cant decide if i like the sniper version or the janitor version.

I only use it cos I want a job in their factory.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

So what happens when hacks come out that automatically engage the "combat mode" on every player before teleporting them into the air or mass slaying everyone?

I haven't played DayZ in over a month, but when I did, my playstyle involved avoiding combat as much as possible. I can count on one hand the amount of times someone has Alt+F4'd on me. However, I can't even count the amount of times I've been teleported into the air, mass slayed, thunderdome'd, died at the hands of a player with an AS50 TWS who inexplicably appears in front of me, shoots, and vanishes, etc etc. The rampart hacking problem is far more widespread and detrimental to the gameplay experience than combat logging.

It seems to me that the ones who have problems with combat logging are the deathmatchers, bandits, and realism combat sim players. I don't have a problem with people choosing to play the game differently, but hacking is so widespread that it affects EVERYONE, regardless of their playstyle. This combat logging fix only benefits those whose playstyle involves a lot of combat, while harming everyone else. I can no longer keep Task Manager open and press Alt+Tab+Shift to abort the process in the event of a hacker attack. Now, if a hacker gets to me, I get to choose: die at the hands of the hacker, or let the game kill me because it thinks I'm cheating (oh the irony there).

I've been trying to get back into DayZ, but whenever I begin to make any progress, I always die due to hackers. Just last week I loaded up DayZ for the first time in weeks and tried out a new private hive server. I spent hours searching for a vehicle, and finally found one. When I went to scavange parts, the entire server was teleported to the ocean. I then spent 30 minutes trying to get the "Respawn" button to appear (a great feature to remove when people are getting teleported outside the map, eh?), and another 50 minutes running back to the vehicle. Got it repaired, then got mass slay'd. At this point I had invested about 6 hours of time into the game, and got nothing.

Edited by SPESSMEHREN
  • Like 2

When the real world hits you, let me know, we will talk again.

Till then, enjoy your BS.

I'm 40 next month and TBH I think you are more whiny and stupid than most of the "kids" you are giving abuse to, please just go cRy in a corner somewhere.

• Like 3

So what happens when hacks come out that automatically engage the "combat mode" on every player before teleporting them into the air or mass slaying everyone?

I haven't played DayZ in over a month, but when I did, my playstyle involved avoiding combat as much as possible. I can count on one hand the amount of times someone has Alt+F4'd on me. However, I can't even count the amount of times I've been teleported into the air, mass slayed, thunderdome'd, died at the hands of a player with an AS50 TWS who inexplicably appears in front of me, shoots, and vanishes, etc etc. The rampart hacking problem is far more widespread and detrimental to the gameplay experience than combat logging.

It seems to me that the ones who have problems with combat logging are the deathmatchers, bandits, and realism combat sim players. I don't have a problem with people choosing to play the game differently, but hacking is so widespread that it affects EVERYONE, regardless of their playstyle. This combat logging fix only benefits those whose playstyle involves a lot of combat, while harming everyone else. I can no longer keep Task Manager open and press Alt+Tab+Shift to abort the process in the event of a hacker attack. Now, if a hacker gets to me, I get to choose: die at the hands of the hacker, or let the game kill me because it thinks I'm cheating (oh the irony there).

I've been trying to get back into DayZ, but whenever I begin to make any progress, I always die due to hackers. Just last week I loaded up DayZ for the first time in weeks and tried out a new private hive server. I spent hours searching for a vehicle, and finally found one. When I went to scavange parts, the entire server was teleported to the ocean. I then spent 30 minutes trying to get the "Respawn" button to appear (a great feature to remove when people are getting teleported outside the map, eh?), and another 50 minutes running back to the vehicle. Got it repaired, then got mass slay'd. At this point I had invested about 6 hours of time into the game, and got nothing.

Would you rather the MOD be experimented...or would you rather Rocket and Co. go the DICE/EA route of using the main game as its guinea pig. The simple fact is NO ONE has a concrete fix for these issues. I would rather an experimental update be in place so they can gather stats, rather than to have some bullshit feature be implemented in the SA that totally ruins or takes away from game play.

Edited by Sheepdawg

Can't wait to try the new fixes, well done community and dev team - hold that shit together and this may become the new games development standard. Long live the PC.

I am. So by your logic, I get more than you do, and your argument blows out like a candle in a hurricane. Puff.

Nice looking update, can't wait to try it! :)

Good to see there has been work going on behind the scenes..

Now release the damn standalone! ;)

god damn it is amazing how many people haven't bothered to read this and just throw up some trash comments, and/or have more suggestions for 'rocket do this' or 'rocket don't do this' or 'rocket why you do this'

this is a COMMUNITY PROJECT and is by far comprised of COMMUNITY FIXES. If you do not like something, JOIN THE PROJECT AND FIX IT.

• Like 5

they already can disable alt f4 and abort, but not ctrl alt del =D, when a hacker put tou in a arena you cant abort or alt f4 xD nice feature!

Very excited to see an update coming out. I'm new to DayZ and even with it's issues (hackers, etc), I'm very pleased with the product. Such a unique gaming experience.

As for the complaints in this thread, I imagine most DayZ players will ignore it, just as I do. I've been around message boards long enough to know that this negative behavior always exists regardless of the subject. I see this as no different and I hope any devs will not be disheartened by it.

That siad, I can't wait for DayZ Commander to show the update as available.

• Like 3

Thanks for adding those features and bugfixes to the official dayz.

internet/electricity shutdown for example is a problem...

So now you're saying your going to turn off the breaker instead of alt-f4 ..

• Like 2