Sumrak

DayZ: Namalsk

TD;LR remove the bloodloss from hunger

I agree with the majority of your post , but remove bloodloss from hunger ? What would be the negative side effects of hunger if we did that ?

Might have to explain your idea abit more for me , I don't quite get it.

Edited by 4L4N

I agree with the majority of your post , but remove bloodloss from hunger ? What would be the negative side effects of hunger if we did that ?

Might have to explain your idea abit more for me , I don't quite get it.

Mainly that it allows players to live in a world with very little food.Also its unrealistic and feels it when your bleeding out from not eating an in an hours time and you still have thirst as the constant life threatening item in game.Thirst is great though since you can find water sources and work with them but lack of food on a server that has been heavily looted means you have players die from not eating for a short while.

A constant health generation when food icon is not blinking would keep the players eating.Maybe 4 hours to full health when full?

Edited by wolfstriked

A few questions "Sumrak".

1 * Is there more protection from the cold "rain / snow" within the buildings?

- Or does the overall area matter in that respect?

2 * Is "Object All" bunker surroundings, not allowed to have "barbwire and tank traps" blocking the bunker entrance?

- Is seems to disappear, going to guess they fall through the ground.

3 * Was the L85 thermal removed from the loot system for Namalsk?

- and replaced with the L85 acog?

Bug report.

--------------

Large yield apartments in "Vorkuta" have ladders of which you can climb on-top, but there seems an issue once you reach the top. The character gets knocked off backwards once he reaches the top.

* Essentially killing the character.

Edited by Sobieski12

Hi, I am trying to play Namalsk, but I keep getting error messages each time I try. I downloaded the @NC Pathfinder and the namalsk.pbo files into my addons. I go into the Arma OA, filter "Namlask", join a server, but then get an error message (the same one I get when I try to launch Dayz from there). So I tried to launch Namalsk off of SixLauncher, but that gave me an error too.

So what I am asking is, Is there a separate Namalsk launcher? Is there another file I missed? I have been all over http://www.nightstalkers.cz and I'm not getting anywhere. Please help me out, the map looks incredible and i want to give it a go.

2 * Is "Object All" bunker surroundings, not allowed to have "barbwire and tank traps" blocking the bunker entrance?

thank god for that. with that skinny hallway you have to go through, someone could probably block it off such that no one could remove the wire. then no one could get in... or out. and if it's a private hive, you wouldn't even be able to server-hop around it

FearlessJew

What error message ?

Do you have 2 ns_ dayz files in the addons.

What ArmA 2version are you running.

@ Sobieski12 is that the solution to the problem ?

"You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.dayz_code, dayz_weapons, dayz_equip, dayz_vehicles."

I have 2 ns_ dayz files in the addons.

Version 1.62.95248

Also, after I downloaded Namalsk, my ingame pictures, the moving ones of the start up main menu in the background changed to Namalsk pictures.

Twice now I've been thrown off of buildings. First time was lethal and I was on the roof. Second time I was thrown through a wall but survived with only a broken leg and some blood loss. Seems like a Namalsk issue to me, as I've never encountered this problem in any other map.

I agree that the hunger system should be changed for Namalsk; perhaps with effects gradually leading up to blood loss over a very long period of time.

Are you able to help me out

Sobieski12

Because I would really like the guys posting back to me for some help. Thanks!

I am not 100% sure if this can solve your issue.

* But if nothing else is working, I'd suggest trying the "DayZ Commander" in getting the "mod maps and in updating the client".

- http://www.dayzcommander.com/

I've had a couple friends of which had a hard time doing the "manual way" of placing the the correct files in the right place.

* DayZ commander helped them out quite, effectively.

Try it quickly, before the "dayz forum team", goes gestapo on my post again.

Twice now I've been thrown off of buildings. First time was lethal and I was on the roof. Second time I was thrown through a wall but survived with only a broken leg and some blood loss. Seems like a Namalsk issue to me, as I've never encountered this problem in any other map.

Was it the "large residential yield" apartments in Vorkuta?

http://dayzdb.com/map/namalsk#5.066.015

Maybe keep bloodloss but stop at 6K blood like what happens when your sick.

Really loving this map and the sick ass lack of anything.Just now after 2 hours of playing I got down to red in blood from thirst mainly.I am ready to die and I pray that the infected walking in front of me has a canteen and whack him with my axe and voila.That was the luckiest thing though as then my hunger started blinking and right when I am about to die I find an M104 w/flashlight. :( I am now running everywhere with a train of infected and just can't find food.Its so bad that people are begging for food in sidechat and trading for morphine. :)

• Like 1

yes its great!! The server I was on was just looted bare and just made the game so much better.New server I am on now and I have 6 sodas,an M4A1cco,2 cans food and it removes that feeling of survival.All in all this is a huge step in right direction and wanna thank Sumrak for the work he has done.I have not stopped all day.... :D

Something I wonder after playing some more is that cold should also cause blood loss.Maybe a good way is to have all 3(hunger/thirst/temp) cause a very very slow blood loss and then drop food and drink spawns even more.

As far as hunger goes i think it should perhaps slow you down or possibly affect your vision, rather than drain your blood.

Thirst as well - though with the snow around thirst shouldnt be a issue.

All in all i would rather an effect than just pure blood loss. After all you can go without food for quite a while, though you would be terribly weak.

plz plz dont mess with current spawn rate of food n drinks. its perfect

reading how others are actualy starving and panicing go find basics is how Dayz should have been all along.

in sidechat i to notice people asking for trades and generaly loving the tension this map is bringing

• Like 5

Must admit I love this map, it's just sad that all the Aussie servers are trying to charge for access to the servers per week/month. So I have to find a Yank server to play on.

As far as hunger goes i think it should perhaps slow you down or possibly affect your vision, rather than drain your blood.

All in all i would rather an effect than just pure blood loss. After all you can go without food for quite a while, though you would be terribly weak.

Here is a suggestion, you can drink water from the snow.

* But there is a price, "you can get infected/sick".

Well, unless you boil it.

* But that would require a fire and some tools.

• Like 1

"You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.dayz_code, dayz_weapons, dayz_equip, dayz_vehicles."

I have 2 ns_ dayz files in the addons.

Version 1.62.95248

Also, after I downloaded Namalsk, my ingame pictures, the moving ones of the start up main menu in the background changed to Namalsk pictures.

The game cannot find the required DayZ files, you have to load both @NC and the @dayz folder.

Everything else seems correct.

I hope you have found the solution, with or without DayzCommander.

I would just like to remind people that this Topic is to discuss Namalsk DayZ, get some feedback and help make A Better World To Play In.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi there! We've emjoyed the map so far (even tested the new guns youve added) the overall conclusion is pure awsomeness! :)

there are some issues though :)

1) The heli platform where the military chopper spawns isnt levelled, after spawning the heli slowly rolls off the platform (has wheels)

2) The military helicopter has no repair option (dayz spawns vehicles with defective items

S) Fixed this by Replacing the military helicopter with a AH6 (Littlebird) armed (no wheels, should have repair option, else > UH1H_DZ)

3) The Civillian chopper cannot be repaired (no repair option)

S) Fixed this by replacing the civiliian chopper with an unarmed AH6 littlebird (has repair option)

4) The Tunnel-in-a-tunnel in underground barracks is a garranteed legbreaker when used to travel back up

S) place a sign 'Dont enter without morphine' ? :P

5) The big buildings in Vorkuta where u can acces the roof if you logout proned on the roof, you endup swimming halfway inside the building after logging inn again :)

Edited by JoSchaap
  • Like 1

I like planed changes. Good work again.

Btw, probably do you know, but. On bridge and undeground (Object 2) not working light like a: road flares, chemilight, torch. Will be fixed?

Thanks, I am having strange problems with chemlights (not sure if flares too, but prob yes) as they are falling through the objects but only on the client, where these were created, on other clients, watching the chemlight, it stays where it should.

I will investigate this problem.

It's out of control again... already too many ppl with that plasma rifle because of duping and cheating. If those cheaters had a chance to kill ya with an AS50 .. now they can kill ya with a sniper rifle that is capable of shooting straight up to the viewing distance and more.

I understand the necessity of looking for new weapon, and the good intentions of having a weapon with a very low spawn rate.. but didn't you learned anything? No matter how low is the spawn rate, first or late half of the players will have it (look at the AS50).

I would reconsider this decision, and remove this thing from the map.

Already thinking about the possible solutions.

I have this installed via DayZ Commander. what do I need to play the SP Arma 2 missions for this map?

edit: I tried just enabling the expansion (Namalsk Crisis) in the Arma 2 menu, but I got a couple errors about missing files, and the game froze when I picked the difficulty and hit play. am I missing some files, or is there a conflict somewhere?

edit 2: got SP to work by going back to the Six Updater :wacko:

Check this topic, on few pages before, I have described, how to make manual links on arma 2 oa exe file, that way, you can get working Namalsk Crisis (you just need to remove from @dayz the parameters).

A few questions "Sumrak".

1 * Is there more protection from the cold "rain / snow" within the buildings?

- Or does the overall area matter in that respect?

3 * Was the L85 thermal removed from the loot system for Namalsk?

- and replaced with the L85 acog?

Bug report.

--------------

Large yield apartments in "Vorkuta" have ladders of which you can climb on-top, but there seems an issue once you reach the top. The character gets knocked off backwards once he reaches the top.

* Essentially killing the character.

1) Yes, altought it uses the isinbuilding function, which is currently a bit broken (not completely, but partially).

2) I am not sure, but yes, it can be possible, that they fall, lots of things is a bit weird there. Will investigate it.

3) Yes, but keep in mind, that some servers do have helicrashes enabled, which means that thermal scope L85 may spawn. I am sure that helicrashes will disappear once the next update is live.

Will take a look on this, but please keep in mind, that most of the issues with the objects will be fixed once there is enough issues to fix (lots of MBs to download).

Mainly that it allows players to live in a world with very little food.Also its unrealistic and feels it when your bleeding out from not eating an in an hours time and you still have thirst as the constant life threatening item in game.Thirst is great though since you can find water sources and work with them but lack of food on a server that has been heavily looted means you have players die from not eating for a short while.

A constant health generation when food icon is not blinking would keep the players eating.Maybe 4 hours to full health when full?

(responding to the overall hunger topic)

Once I start altering vision, everyone would just stop using postprocess and the only thing which would left to control would be color corrections :/ Not sure about other ways of altering vision than adding some post process effects.

But yeah, I guess I could try to make the gap between need for food a bit longer plus adding some new effects when you get really hungry - weak character (unable to run for long time, shivering, poor vision is also nice idea, although as I said ↑, people would just ignore it) and slow down the blood loss (not entirely removing it, but just make it slower..).

Could you please post exact locations, so I can get those issues into the pipeline to be fixed? Thanks!

Hi there! We've emjoyed the map so far (even tested the new guns youve added) the overall conclusion is pure awsomeness! :)

there are some issues though :)

1) The heli platform where the military chopper spawns isnt levelled, after spawning the heli slowly rolls off the platform (has wheels)

2) The military helicopter has no repair option (dayz spawns vehicles with defective items

S) Fixed this by Replacing the military helicopter with a AH6 (Littlebird) armed (no wheels, should have repair option, else > UH1H_DZ)

3) The Civillian chopper cannot be repaired (no repair option)

S) Fixed this by replacing the civiliian chopper with an unarmed AH6 littlebird (has repair option)

4) The Tunnel-in-a-tunnel in underground barracks is a garranteed legbreaker when used to travel back up

S) place a sign 'Dont enter without morphine' ? :P

5) The big buildings in Vorkuta where u can acces the roof if you logout proned on the roof, you endup swimming halfway inside the building after logging inn again :)

1) Will take a look once again the coordinates it does have, but afaik, I was not having this issue after I experimented with the heliport object and the heli position.

2) You can repair this helicopter, it was tested, it is working just like other dayz helicopter.

3) same like 2), Please try to aim on the main rotor parts, I was having problems with finding the proper spot too and then all possible options appeared.

4) Could you please describe me, how do you do that? :D Because tunnel in tunnel was created just because of this - had to extend geometry lod around this tunnel (to prevent damage to the player) and that means you can see with your 3rd camera much more :) (camera is blocked by the geometry)

5) Swimming bug will be fixed in the coming update.

Thanks!

(responding to the overall hunger topic)

But yeah, I guess I could try to make the gap between need for food a bit longer plus adding some new effects when you get really hungry - weak character (unable to run for long time, shivering, poor vision is also nice idea, although as I said ↑, people would just ignore it) and slow down the blood loss (not entirely removing it, but just make it slower..).

Please, please, please wait at least a week so that people can get to know the map better before changing the way that hunger works. The first few hours can seem daunting, but soon enough you learn to cope in this new environment. Even now it's theoretically possible to run from the bottom of the map to Vorkuta before you begin to lose blood from hunger. If you didn't find any food on your way there, you're bound to find plenty in the city itself.

Current system may not be perfectly realistic but neither is the way that the medicine works. Painkillers shouldn't have an instantaneous effect and fixing a broken leg with a shot of morphine just plainly doesn't make sense. Compared to these, blood loss from hunger is actually sensible, since it reflects how body's getting weaker. Maybe it could stop at 3K, so that it's not possible to starve to death in one afternoon.

Edited by eel