Sumrak

DayZ: Namalsk

by the way. is there any way to rearm the Ka-60 once its ammunition is depleted?

Will it fix the shooting lag that I've found on all servers?

That was the only gamebreaker for me, the rest was awesome!

Sorry, can you be more specific?

I know about the aiming problems while wearing warm clothes (haven't figured out why it is happening) :(

oh please for the love of cake,

at least any rough estimate? <3

plz update asap :)

I am having a lot of work last few days, but I will try to take a look on Namalsk this weekend, to evaluate the state of .7 and will try to finish it, so it is ready to release sometimes next week.

I'm playing on a server with DayZ patch 1.7.4.4 and Namalsk 0.60(Private Bliss Hive).

When you try to change your clothes you get a "Battle Eye Script Restriction #45" and you get kicked from the game and lose your warm clothes. Is there a fix or is this a bug that has to be fixed by the days mod team?

This issue needs to have edited BE filters for 1.7.4.4, there were problems also on Chernarus with this afaik (with all skins).

Hey Sumrak, I noticed a pretty deadly bug while playing a couple days ago. When on any structures that are over water, such as the awesome docks/platforms in Tara Harbor, you incure the same temp decrease as if you were in water. This is especially deadly when you're already near freezing, and then you waltz out into what the game assumes is fridgid water. Dropping dead within a couple minutes to a few seconds for no apparent reason is the result.

Thanks, I will try to investigate this issue and what could possibly be done about it (some temp script changes I guess).

by the way. is there any way to rearm the Ka-60 once its ammunition is depleted?

Restart server :P

I definitely wont give you a way to resupply the rocket launchers :lol:

Edited by Sumrak
  • Like 2

I know about the aiming problems while wearing warm clothes (haven't figured out why it is happening)

When you are holding the UZI e.g. you can see that the iron sights are actually not matching any more; it looks like that due to the warm clothes the soldier is holding the gun in a different position; I would assume that the clothes somehow change angle/rotation of your hands slightly. You can start investigating there I guess.

Edited by wickedinsane

I definitely wont give you a way to resupply the rocket launchers :lol:

why is that :(

when we get rockets in a spawned helicopter, i can see no reason why we shouldn't be able to find some in military bases or helicrash sites, with very low spawn chance of course.

at least as rare as the gauss rifle and ammunition, which is imho much more of a balance issue.

if ammo is resupplied after a restart, it doesn't really matter anyways? after a few hours or at the latest on next day i will have another set of rockets, and finding rockets every day shouldn't really happen.

either allow resupply and make it safe the state of ammunition for a restart, or remove the whole helicopter along with the ammunition, because it just make not much sense the way how it is right now...

sharing 2cents for beans!

Edited by Azrail

Sorry, can you be more specific?

I know about the aiming problems while wearing warm clothes (haven't figured out why it is happening) :(

It's not just the aiming problem I'm talking about, you can empty a whole mag into someone and they won't die, instead they can turn around and have time to shoot you before they finally drop dead.

It seems like it happens more in the bunker at Object AII, and on higher population servers it's much much worse.

It does happen outside of the bunker, but not too much (or at least I don't notice it as much because targets are usually further away).

It seems like server lag at first, but you realise it's not after picking up items/performing actions isn't laggy.

There's also another thing I noticed where you can't place items in certain areas, like I tried to put a tank trap kit on Tara bridge and inside the bunker at Object AII, but they don't work for some reason. That's not really too important though

Edited by Cerbo Knight

Nice mod but I've just got banned for no reason from 173.192.200.74:2552

I wonder how can one contact admin if he cannot join the server...

Edited by Mister_AL

Awesome, looks good, i do wish they would make the maps bigger though... alot of the new ones are way to small and too much like deathmap cs/cod/bf maps

It says in the video its a CQB map (close quarter) so I would expect so yes. I want big open.

• Like 1

It's not just the aiming problem I'm talking about, you can empty a whole mag into someone and they won't die, instead they can turn around and have time to shoot you before they finally drop dead.

It seems like it happens more in the bunker at Object AII, and on higher population servers it's much much worse.

It does happen outside of the bunker, but not too much (or at least I don't notice it as much because targets are usually further away).

It seems like server lag at first, but you realise it's not after picking up items/performing actions isn't laggy.

There's also another thing I noticed where you can't place items in certain areas, like I tried to put a tank trap kit on Tara bridge and inside the bunker at Object AII, but they don't work for some reason. That's not really too important though

Tanks Traps/Barbed Wire/Tents and basically any world placed object will fall through the ground at Object A2 (not All) because Object A2 isn't made up of terrain. What you see as the ground and the bunker is really an elaborate web of objects that form the area. When you place an object it will conform to the XY coordinates of the worldspace, ignoring the Z. So while you see it "falling" or "disappearing" it really is placing it on the ground underneath A2. Same goes for the bridge.

Edited by Zeridian

Tanks Traps/Barbed Wire/Tents and basically any world placed object will fall through the ground at Object A2 (not All) because Object A2 isn't made up of terrain. What you see as the ground and the bunker is really an elaborate web of objects that form the area. When you place an object it will conform to the XY coordinates of the worldspace, ignoring the Z. So while you see it "falling" or "disappearing" it really is placing it on the ground underneath A2. Same goes for the bridge.

I knew that because you can see them from underground, but thanks for the reply.

Also I know it's Object AII, not Object ALL. Those are capital I's, not lower case L's.

When you are holding the UZI e.g. you can see that the iron sights are actually not matching any more; it looks like that due to the warm clothes the soldier is holding the gun in a different position; I would assume that the clothes somehow change angle/rotation of your hands slightly. You can start investigating there I guess.

I am very close to solving this problem (I can't say it will be 100% perfect, but it seems to be very accurate now), but it required a lots of repositioning & testing of memory & view pilot lods..

why is that :(

when we get rockets in a spawned helicopter, i can see no reason why we shouldn't be able to find some in military bases or helicrash sites, with very low spawn chance of course.

at least as rare as the gauss rifle and ammunition, which is imho much more of a balance issue.

if ammo is resupplied after a restart, it doesn't really matter anyways? after a few hours or at the latest on next day i will have another set of rockets, and finding rockets every day shouldn't really happen.

either allow resupply and make it safe the state of ammunition for a restart, or remove the whole helicopter along with the ammunition, because it just make not much sense the way how it is right now...

sharing 2cents for beans!

I hope that hive will be able somehow to save the ammo status on the vehicles some day :)

Did you noticed some changes lately, when the servers upgraded to 1.7.4.4?

Yes, exactly like Zeridian said.

I have one question for you guys, did you found gauss rifle (er7) since 0.60? (anywhere .. on players, in A2, etc..) Thanks!

I have one question for you guys, did you found gauss rifle (er7) since 0.60? (anywhere .. on players, in A2, etc..) Thanks!

Too much duping, it's impossible to distinguish who really found it in the bunker and who hacked it.. i had to ban it from my server unfortunately. I suggest you to remove it from the map.. it's really a noob-OP-mosthacked weapon.

I haven't found one myself, but found lots of ammo for it.

Some other players on the server had one but we suspect they were scripters anyway, so not unlikely it wasn't legit.

No my friends and i never found one

found a gauss (NV scope) on a player whom I killed (along with NV goggles)

I need some help about Namalsk and I am sorry if this is off topic. Everytime I try and join a Namalsk server I get an error report as I get to the lobby page, I am then forced to close the program.

Running: Win XP, six launcher

Dayz version: 1.7.4.4

Any help on this matter would be great?

be aware that namalsk is still on 1.73 if you play with six, even if official dayz is on 1.744.

Ok, so I need version: 1.7.3. How can i get six to go back on a patch or two, or should I get Dayz Commander?

when you play namalsk on dayzcommander, you can't just install another dayz patch, because the namalsk mod doesn't include the dayz files and relies on the actual @dayz mod folder.

and in play with six you can't easily install previos versions.

you'll have to do things manually, easiest is to use dayzcommander, put namalsk & corresponding dayz version into one mod folder, name it "@DayZNamalskVesionXYZ" and put that one as dayz directory in settings.

viola, you can now join servers running this verison of namalsk. if you want to go back to standard dayz, just untick the override option for your dayz directory.

• Like 1

when you play namalsk on dayzcommander, you can't just install another dayz patch, because the namalsk mod doesn't include the dayz files and relies on the actual @dayz mod folder.

and in play with six you can't easily install previos versions.

you'll have to do things manually, easiest is to use dayzcommander, put namalsk & corresponding dayz version into one mod folder, name it "@DayZNamalskVesionXYZ" and put that one as dayz directory in settings.

viola, you can now join servers running this verison of namalsk. if you want to go back to standard dayz, just untick the override option for your dayz directory.

thx i did not know that.. have some beans

Hey guys, I am sorry that I am taking time before releasing 1.7.4.4 compatible build .7, but trust me, it is worth waiting.

So, to keep you updated, here is the preliminary changelog for the upcoming Namalsk Crisis + DayZ: Namalsk update!

[Namalsk Crisis Update 2.2]

Please keep in mind, that I am still trying to accumulate as much things as possible before bigger data file update (model fixes). So this is still one of the smaller updates, fixing and adding small stuff.

Added: Several detailed objects

Added: C130J wreck site on the western mountain ridge

Added: snowfall function for Namalsk - 'dzn_fnc_snowfall' (requires function manager module)

Added: breath fog function for Namalsk - 'dzn_fnc_breathfog' (requires function manager module)

Changed: Lowered a bit volume of the ambient sounds on Namalsk

Improved: Mutant scripts for multiplayer

Improved: Blowout module behaviour and code

Fixed: Several objects collisions and terrain spikes on Namalsk

[DayZ: Namalsk v0.70]

Please keep in mind, that this changelog is only for DayZ: Namalsk, if you want to read more about Namalsk Crisis Update 2.2, which was released with DayZ: Namalsk v0.70, ↑

Client-side

New: Snow can fall on Namalsk when the temperatures are appropriate for it

New: Breath fog script implemented

New: White version of ghillie suit and warm clothes (but won't know which version you got, you just have to wear it :D)

New: The way of distributing 'HeliCrashNamalsk' loot - clients are no longer spawning it - everything is happening on the server (= less rare stuff again)

New: Loot tables were invaded by some new weapons and other new stuff (also new backpack)!

New: Survival aspect added - so called "EVR sequence" - A1 device is out of control and there is no way to stop it, prepare yourself, take cover & get protection device!

Added: More infected spawn positions on some objects (to prevent weird behaviour of infected)

Added: More infected custom spawn points on map

Added: Loot positions and other params for 'Land_wreck_c130j_ep1'

Added: Control measures on client-side, preventing login on servers with incorrect server pbo

Added: 'DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf' to \nst\ns_dayz\code\external\ to support the snowfall addition

Changed: Scripts, included in ns_dayz.pbo, were adapted for DayZ v1.7.4.4

Changed: Loot chance for 'Land_mi8_crashed' set to zero

Changed: Temperature script - added new negative factor for the snowfall event

Changed: Temperature script - dynamic variables 'snow' and 'rain' now affects the strength of its appropriate negative factors

Changed: Temperature script - wearing green camo clothing (dayz original) now affects negatively (only a bit) your temperature (because, well, tshirt on Namalsk..?)

Changed: Temperature script - added support for new winter themed skins

Changed: 'player_wearClothes.sqf' to support new player skins

Changed: Nameplate of warm clothing (class CamoWinter_DZN) to "Survivor"

Improved: Aiming while using warm clothes

Fixed: !_isHiveOK script warning upon login

Fixed: Loot positions on 'Land_molovabud2'

Loot type 'civilianNamalsk', 'genericNamalsk', 'genericNamalskNoFood'

Added: Loot chance and spawn of '8Rnd_9x18_MakarovSD'

Loot type 'militaryNamalsk'

Added: Loot chance and spawn of '8Rnd_B_Saiga12_74Slug', '30Rnd_545x39_AKSD', '30Rnd_556x45_G36', '30Rnd_556x45_G36SD', '75Rnd_545x39_RPK', '100Rnd_762x54_PK' and '1Rnd_HE_GP25'

Loot type 'militaryNAC'

Added: Loot chance and spawn of '8Rnd_B_Saiga12_74Slug', '30Rnd_545x39_AKSD', '30Rnd_556x45_G36', '30Rnd_556x45_G36SD', '75Rnd_545x39_RPK', '100Rnd_762x54_PK' and '1Rnd_HE_GP25'

Loot type 'hospitalNamalsk':

Changed: Lowered loot chance for 'ItemAntibiotic'

Loot table 'ResidentialNamalsk', 'SuperMarketNamalsk'

Added: Loot chance and spawn of 'MakarovSD'

Loot table 'MilitaryNamalsk', 'MilitaryNamalskWinter'

Added: Loot chance and spawn of 'Saiga12K', 'G36C', 'G36K', 'RPK_74', 'AK_47_S', 'AKS_74_UN_kobra', 'AK_74_GL', 'AK_107_kobra' and 'AK_107_GL_kobra'

Added: Loot chance and spawn of 'BAF_AssaultPack_DZN'

Loot table 'MilitarySpecialNACER7', 'MilitarySpecialNAC', 'MilitarySpecialNamalskWinter', 'MilitarySpecialNamalsk'

Added: Loot chance and spawn of 'M4A1_RCO_GL', 'Saiga12K', 'G36C', 'G36K', 'G36_C_SD_eotech', 'G36a', 'MG36', 'RPK_74', 'PK', 'AK_47_S', 'AKS_74_UN_kobra', 'AKS_74_pso', 'AK_74_GL', 'AK_107_kobra', 'AK_107_pso', 'AK_107_GL_kobra' and 'AK_107_GL_pso'

Added: Loot chance and spawn of 'BAF_AssaultPack_DZN'

Added: Loot chance and spawn of 'Skin_CamoWinterW_DZN' and 'Skin_Sniper1W_DZN' (only for 'MilitarySpecialNamalskWinter')

Added: Loot chance and spawn of 'APSI' (only for 'MilitarySpecialNamalskWinter', 'MilitarySpecialNACER7', 'MilitarySpecialNAC' and 'MilitaryNamalskWinter')

Removed: Loot chance and spawn of 'M136'

Loot table 'HeliCrashNamalsk'

Added: Loot chance and spawn of 'PK', 'Pecheneg', 'AKS_GOLD', 'Bizon' and 'KSVK'

Added: Loot chance and spawn of 'Skin_CamoWinterW_DZN' and 'Skin_Sniper1W_DZN'

Server-side

Added: New function 'heliCrash_dzn', which spawns HeliCrashNamalsk loot (permaloot) on the predefined locations on Namalsk (Land_mi8_crashed and Land_wreck_c130j_ep1 objects)

Changed: Needed sqf files to support DayZ 1.7.4.4

Changelog was maybe a bit compromised, so it does not spoil everything! :lol:

Edited by Sumrak
  • Like 15

sorry if this has been answered already.... will Namalsk be updated to work with the DayZ standalone instead of the mod version ?

cheers and thx for this wonderful map/mod

sorry if this has been answered already.... will Namalsk be updated to work with the DayZ standalone instead of the mod version ?

cheers and thx for this wonderful map/mod

Unfortunately, as far as I know, the standalone version of DayZ will have modding disabled unfortunately. So that basically means no custom mods, islands, etc., but that could change over time as DayZ devs will manage to secure the core DayZ experience. Adding more and even community maps, possibility of travelling between them, I am sure they do not want to miss this chance and it will be possible one day :)

When can we expect to see this awesome new update? :)

Oh, yeah, I forgot to say... I do not want to announce exact day, because I am being really busy last few days / weeks, but lets say, I would be glad to see this out by the end of this week.

Thanks for the update Sumrak. I wish instead of beans I could give you whiskey, but I do not condone drinking and modding haha. :D :D

Great work sumrak, loving all the new russian weapons and look forward to getting my hands on a KSVK B). Excellent work on the fixes and additions to the loot tables.