rocket

DO NOT POST YOUR GLOBAL BAN APPEALS

A known hacker? One who you suddenly noticed only after he ruffled your feathers for having the audacity to claim that a mistake was made? Riiiiight. With the current track record of coverups its instantly hard to believe.

To add to what the previous poster said, most mods say its rare that someone wo has been banned for hacking, who actually hack, come back to claim innocence. I want to like this game enough to buy it but its not worth the trouble of an easy, unwarrented ban.

Logically, I don't see why there would be a ban button and a BE ban. What else would BE stand for? In terms of servers on a system like BE detecting hacks, they never ban you instantly. They only log you which is what a hackers script could easily do. When a BE system is them fully in place, it insta bans people with said flags.

• Like 1

Thank you Rocket, Keep up the great work and enjoy the tears of the hackers that will be flooding the forums. There are plenty of legit gamers out there that appreciate all your hard work.

• Like 6

Still waiting to find out who to appeal to so I can have the ban lifted. Web address? E-mail address?

But you have to see that this is a major setback in terms of how the devs are perceived and how the mod can grow.

Actually' date=' for once, something worked against the hackers. This is the first win in a long line of defeats. And it's not my success, that success belongs to BattlEye.

Now, instead of focusing on growing the mod and fixing issues within the mod, you have to stay up all night dealing with bullshit that could have been avoided given more time and observation.

The hacking got so bad I ordered the complete shutdown of the system until BattlEye update was released. Luckily that shutdown was very brief. If this BattlEye update hadn't worked (and indications are, it has worked exceptionally well), the server would have had to remain down.

I've now had a chance to look at the scripts

I'm not even going to touch that one...

This definitely was a problem that needed to be dealt with but it clearly wasn't dealt with the correct way.

Okay then' date=' so how should it be handled.

As for the image I posted, I wasn't saying it's a false positive. I was just countering the argument that BE is perfect when it's clearly not. Everything has it's flaws.

I never said I was perfect, I said these bans were not false. These bans are issued for the worst of the worst. And if you have an issue with that, there is nothing I can do. You need to go discuss that with BattlEye.

• Like 4

And if you have an issue with that' date=' there is nothing I can do. You need to go discuss that with BattlEye.

[/quote']

And how does one go about doing that, rocket?

A known hacker? One who you suddenly noticed only after he ruffled your feathers for having the audacity to claim that a mistake was made? Riiiiight. With the current track record of coverups its instantly hard to believe.

Not a single ounce of evidence. Nothing I can even comment on.

To add to what the previous poster said' date=' most mods say its rare that someone wo has been banned for hacking, who actually hack, come back to claim innocence. I want to like this game enough to buy it but its not worth the trouble of an easy, unwarrented ban.

[/quote']

What?

Logically' date=' I don't see why there would be a ban button and a BE ban. What else would BE stand for? In terms of servers on a system like BE detecting hacks, they never ban you instantly. They only log you which is what a hackers script could easily do. When a BE system is them fully in place, it insta bans people with said flags.

[/quote']

"they never ban you instantly". Well, they do now son.

• Like 2

And how does one go about doing that' date=' rocket?

[/quote']

You sound pretty smart, I'm sure you'll figure it out.

• Like 5

Sigh...

If you've ever ran any type of server before for any game that uses anti-cheat software such as BE, PB, VAC then you would know that when you press the 'Ban using it STILL is only a server ban, except initiated through the anti-cheat tool, which can also be removed by going to said banlist within the server, or rcon tool, and removing said player name.

If you're familiar with the system, you would also know that, in order to receive a global ban, your GUID is banned from battle eye (or PB, or VAC) which means that when you attempt to verify your GUID with the BE service, you are immediately denied.

A user/server owner/admin cannot directly globally ban a user from all servers - BE, PB, VAC, needs to detect it and ban you from their 'whitelist' so to speak.

And before you question my integrity, i've owned numerous servers for numerous games, and have pressed the 'Ban VIA punkbuster' numerous times as well, and also, removed said bans.

That is all.

-Stam

--

Edit: if you are curious enough to see what i mean, check out (through the magic of Google) other services that systems like PB use - such as pbbans or GGC Stream which literally share all global bans to any server running the streaming software. In this case - BE is the sole proprietor of said list.

Also, in the case above - Punk buster for example, allows users to do more than just simply server ban by name, they GUID ban to said server, and also allows server admins to kick, temp ban, and etc for ease of use for Server Admins.

• Like 1

Haha, the hacker tears really are delicious. You'd think that they'd have the common sense to at least shut up after getting banned. Obviously not.

• Like 3

"So how should it have been handled"

Okay, um, I'm going to assume it went over your head that he meant the immature and douchebaggery comments you yourself supported and contributed to, instead of believing that you are being a petulant child trying to deny what we all saw...Although this seems to be your actual attitude, because whenever you have been presented with knowledge regarding how these systems and scripts work by myself and others, you just go in a huff and say 'no what no', whilst only nitpicking specific aspects of posts and dodging the clear issues presented. Here, I'll make it simple enough so even you can understand. You can't be banned instantaneously by BE, even if you thinking saying 'yup', it doesnt work that way, you get flagged, then after eah cycle, everyone with a flag gets banned, like you initiated. Simple enough for you?

If you really need to be told how to handle this sort of thing when your default way is to encourage your staff to act in such a way then yeah, I think I'm done trying to care, you are a lost cause.

Rocket, how about stopping your personal vendetta with toggaf for 30 seconds and address actual issues and questions in this thread.

God, this is getting so unprofessional. You are willingly falling for troll bait at this point.

I think I'm done trying to care' date=' you are a lost cause.

[/quote']

So are you going to leave, or do you need some assistance?

• Like 5

Fuck this. If a douchebag like this works for BIS, i'm just going to do a chargeback on the copies I bought. I dont want to be associated with BIS by proxy.

A user/server owner/admin cannot directly globally ban a user from all servers - BE' date=' PB, VAC, needs to detect it and ban you from their 'whitelist' so to speak.

[/quote']

This post is golden, and true. This is how anti-hack software works; this is how PunkBuster works, how VAC works, and how BattlEye works.

These programs scan your computer's memory and disks for known hack programs, injections, memory dumpers etc. To receive a "global ban", something was detected on YOUR COMPUTER.

• Like 1

Rocket i have some questions that i think could be easily explained by you.

1. Why havent you tried to get information from Battleye, I mean you should get information from the people running your Banning System.

2. if we have to notify Battleye could you atleast have the decentcy to give a link?

3. you should have REMOVED BATTLEYE when you re-wrote Arma!! i mean come Arma 2 was Battleyes Last banning system put in a game back in 2008-2009 <= this is completely out-dated you should have added atleast a more updated banning system. if it is outdate the more likely it will be hacked. now a days kids are writing these scripts to completely destroy a game like this. everything must be updated.

Not Being Rude.

Just a Very Disapointed User I think i speak for all users who have had issues.

That's spyware bruh. And that is not how it works.

This post is golden' date=' and true. This is how anti-hack software works; this is how PunkBuster works, how VAC works, and how BattlEye works.

These programs scan your computer's memory and disks for known hack programs, injections, memory dumpers etc. To receive a "global ban", something was detected on YOUR COMPUTER.

[/quote']

Sanity arrives in the dark recesses of the Ban Appeals forum, and not a moment to soon.

• Like 3

I've now had a chance to look at the scripts

I'm not even going to touch that one...

I appreciate the insinuation that I'm a hacker. I try to calm the conversation down and discuss it like any other thread and you again' date=' prove to me your shit isn't worth a dime. You have to remember that if/when an "official" DayZ game comes out, people such as myself are going to remember the dev of that game was a cock to us personally and we'll leave it on the shelf.

Maybe you should get some sleep and clear your head. You're being an asshole, Dean.

Okay then, so how should it be handled.

If I knew how to fix the problem, I would have suggested it. Maybe take five minutes like I did to look at TKC, you could set up your own anti-cheat/script measures. Don't ask me how as I don't know.

I never said I was perfect' date=' I said these bans were not false. These bans are issued for the worst of the worst. And if you have an issue with that, there is nothing I can do. You need to go discuss that with BattlEye.

[/quote']

Fair enough. I'll call them tomorrow. Just please explain to me what you mean when you keep saying "worst of the worst".

Fuck this.

...you would get your ass banned long time ago for insulting mods or devs in any other developing studio. instead shits like you get responses directly and yet you think it's okay to take developers time and effort away from the project just to personally wipe off your tears after being caught and banned for exploiting.

Respect to rocket for his professionalism - he is like final frontier of this mod - try to walk in his shoes - if he fails to ban cheaters in short period of time - he's bad guy who doesnt care about community, when he bans cheaters - he's bad guy.

• Like 3

Rocket i have some questions that i think could be easily explained by you.

1. Why havent you tried to get information from Battleye' date=' I mean you should get information from the people running your Banning System.

3. you should have REMOVED BATTLEYE when you re-wrote Arma!! i mean come Arma 2 was Battleyes Last banning system put in a game back in 2008-2009 <= this is completely out-dated you should have added atleast a more updated banning system. if it is outdate the more likely it will be hacked. now a days kids are writing these scripts to completely destroy a game like this. everything must be updated.

Not Being Rude.

Just a Very Disapointed User I think i speak for all users who have had issues.

[/quote']

You realize that rocket is the developer of an alpha mod? Why would he have any power over what BattlEye does? Do you often see alpha mod developers demanding answers from the modded game's cheat protection?

Shame on rocket for, in addition to developing DayZ, not also coding his own cheat protection program that's better than BattlEye.

• Like 1

You're assuming I'm actually sane to begin with :)...

Just felt people needed some google material to go look through at 2am EST :)

And so, The Ban Script Makes It So You Appear On Said Track. Such dumbtardedly you got rocket, nice of you to share it with your weak posse.

Srsly, its no skin off my nose, I didn't buy the game, I might have wanted to, but you just made an ass of yourself and 'tearing' paper or something I dunno what goes through that mind, but not intellegence. Shown you have no idea how to present yourself as a developer or community member. Essentially just some loser people wouldnt want to associate with. Lost a potential supporter, and my highlanders group etc.

I'm getting the last laugh here buddy =)

Professionalism, from a group of people who compared this ban wave to the Röhm-Putsch.