rocket

DO NOT POST YOUR GLOBAL BAN APPEALS

So if your battle eye system is so perfect; Mass banning is proper... yet your own Dev team has a banned member? Yup all is green here!

Fact: Hackers cannot cause you to be banned.

Fact: DayZ does not issue the bans.

Fact: No script generated in game could cause this ban.

I took 5 minutes to google Arma 2 hacks and came across a community dedicated to hacking. I imagine you know what the community is based on the screen:

FHHMF.png

(link is to this very thread) EDIT: I won't post the link to that hacking forum because I have respect for this community and it's members. It's a shame the staff cant do the same. PM me mods' date=' devs if you want the link.

That's what looks like a senior member of the forum saying that and in the same thread he posted this:

[img']http://seattle11.kiotie.com/ban.PNG

I dont understand what the text above means. Could battleye have possibly made a mistake?! Oh my!

Not trying to be rude, I just don't understand my ban!

*sigh*

This thread is so full of win, I just. I just don't know where to start:

-Fact: Hackers cannot cause you to be banned.

-Fact: DayZ does not issue the bans.

-Fact: No script generated in game could cause this ban.

There are three types of bans:

- Server Bans

- Global Bans (issued by BattlEye)

- Database Bans (issued by DayZ)

Quoting TKC (or the DayZ, for that matter) forums for truth is probably not the best place to start your research.

• Like 8

I'd stoop to the devs level and meme generate but I'm reveling in how the developers royally fuked up, and were making asses of themselves with their cliche'd posts and now the immature picture reponses have suddenly stopped, as they realise what everyone else was thinking about them, esp. as they realise they're in the wrong now. Whoops, lost part of the userbase, maybe we should act with class to sort this out? Nah fuk that lets act our shoe sizes! Now you know you're wrong and you aren't getting these people back now.

You done goof'd =)

Keep digging that hole rocket, maybe there'll be room to hide the evidence in there!

Hahahaha oh dear.

Battleye confirmed to ban on false positives, and DayZ staff confirmed to have been banned as well?

This is comedy bismuth. Carry on, please, I need more.

• Like 1

Hey Rocket.

Imagine if there was a spike in arma sales because of a mass ban that was issued by battle eye. That would be a pretty hilarious day.

• Like 2

I'd stoop to the devs level and meme generate but I'm reveling in how the developers royally fuked up' date=' and were making asses of themselves with their cliche'd posts and now have suddenly stopped realising what everyone else was thinking about them, esp. as they realisthey're in the wrong now. Whoops, lost part of the userbas, maybe we should act with class to sort this out? Nah fuk that lets act our shoe sizes! Now you know you're wrong and you aren't getting these people back now.

You done goof'd =)

Keep digging that hole rocket, maybe there'll be room to hide the evidence in there!

[/quote']

Everything is sorted out, no need to add "Class to sort it out".

Also, the stickie clearly states if you post on behalf of a Global Ban which isn't falsely made, we CANNOT do ANYTHING about it. The reason is that, the DayZ Staff don't issue the Global bans. Another reason is, the Battle Eye is un-flawed with the Global bans, so all those who've received it called it upon themselves.

Is it wrong to not want to buy a game because the people behind it...well...flat out suck?

• Like 1

I estimate that enough tears have been generated in this thread alone to fund another 10 years of DayZ development.

• Like 3

So if your battle eye system is so perfect; Mass banning is proper... yet your own Dev team has a banned member? Yup all is green here!

Maybe shoving it in their faces will get an explanation?

Here:

attachment.php?aid=876

This is bullshit, Rocket. The above poster is right, if you do (eventually) accept that BE fucked up, a good quarter of your user base will already be so pissed they probably won't come back. You can continue calling everyone butt-hurt or put on your "deal with it" sunglasses but it's not going to fix the fact that there are some of us that got run over by the same titanic as the hackers.

• Like 2

What is this 'tears' thing btw? These devs and lackies, all of then, keep mentioning tears, is this some code phrase? I think some people are getting high.

Maybe the tears are to fill the massive hole rocket is digging here so he can drown out the truth?

• Like 1

This is bullshit' date=' Rocket. The above poster is right, if you do (eventually) accept that BE fucked up, a good quarter of your user base will already be so pissed they probably won't come back. You can continue calling everyone butt-hurt or put on your "deal with it" sunglasses but it's not going to fix the fact that there are some of us that got run over by the same titanic as the hackers.

[/quote']

Okay, so explain to me what happened then. Tell me how this works.

I too would like to know why I am Global Banned. Not once have I used a hack or exploit. I would love to know why I have a global ban along with the people who were ruining the game.

I guess they got what they wanted. Ruining the game for as many people as they could. I guess they just didnt plan on ruining it this way.

well, rocket, instead of dodging the issue. And c'mon, dont deny it anymore we know you are its not funny it just pitiful -_-. As the developer of an alpha mod, its you who should really be trying to sort this out with BE. Instead, you continue to show wads of disrespect and being an outright tool to your userbase, and encourage your mods to do the same because they've 'earned it'. You can try and pick up the pieces now and salvage what you've lost, or continue to represent yourself in such a way that even a toddler would feel ashamed and lose more of the userbase. I don't actually have the game I'm just in disbelief at the absurdity of the attitude presented.

I too would like to know why I am Global Banned. Not once have I used a hack or exploit. I would love to know why I have a global ban along with the people who were ruining the game.

I guess they got what they wanted. Ruining the game for as many people as they could. I guess they just didnt plan on ruining it this way.

- I did not ban you.

- I cannot unban you.

I mean, what am I supposed to say? "Whoa, someone comes onto the forums and says they were banned by battleye!!! There must be an error".

Even if I did think that, what am I going to do? Send my crack team of lawyers to do something about it?

• Like 7

- I did not ban you.

- I cannot unban you.

I mean' date=' what am I supposed to say? "Whoa, someone comes onto the forums and says they were banned by battleye!!! There must be an error".

Even if I did think that, what am I going to do? Send my crack team of lawyers to do something about it?

[/quote']

Then maybe you could tell the people who were swept up in the ban wave where to go to fix it, instead of acting glib and distant from the exact people that have been supporting you this whole time.

Either that, or I'll just do a chargeback on my credit card for my copy and the 5 copies I got for some of my co-workers as gifts and advise everyone I know to do the same.

• Like 3

Oh come now, you act like it isn't your issue yet here you are banning people who claim to have been permabanned, thats clearly you making yourself part of the issue.

Oh come now' date=' you act like it isn't your issue yet here you are banning people who claim to have been permabanned, thats clearly you making yourself part of the issue.

[/quote']

Explain how I banned you.

See, these are the kind of things that you should have thought about BEFORE rolling out the new battleye parameters, and deciding to make the bans global. Now you have a bunch of people, your staffmates included, who are missing 50% (arguably more) of a 30$ product.

You also should not lie about battleye being immune to handing out false positives.

I1ujM.png

Oh come now' date=' you act like it isn't your issue yet here you are banning people who claim to have been permabanned, thats clearly you making yourself part of the issue.

[/quote']

DayZ didn't have anything to do with the bans, it was a Battle Eye Anti-cheat set for ARMA - Not DayZ. If people continue to complain and make false allegations against the staff and give out a bad reputation, then there is nothing else to do but list warnings. This thread clearly states we can't do anything about it as staff, so if you do post about it - we won't be kind since you're wasting our time, and yours. So, read the thread first and gain some perspective.

• Like 1

You also should not lie about battleye being immune to handing out false positives.

I1ujM.png

Please explain how that image results in a false-positive ban.

It is telling server admins to ignore a record in their logs indicating a GameHack. Server owners do not contributed to BattlEye bans.

Again: Please explain how that image results in a false-positive ban.

• Like 3

@diederik I'm referring to forum bans, silencing people who are saying they have been wronged. Not to mention the completely absurd way it was done.

Come now, please apply some common sense here you two, its late I know, but class, please.

this isnt about me, although it very well could be because atm I dont want to support this mod unless I see some change in attitude. You're dodging the issue again. I'm referring to people like the person who sent posted an image showing that its possible for hackers to BE ban, in your frustration you banned them, as you have others here who didnt show any aggression or rudeness despite how you and your mods behaved so immaturely. Of course you have tried to cover this up too.

This remind me of the Battlelog Forums for BF3...bunch of kids whining that their hacks are finally detected.

GG bro.

I find it rather odd that I've never hacked in my PC gaming life...and I have also NEVER received a "false ban". How about that...

• Like 12

You're dodging the issue again. I'm referring to people like the person who sent posted an image showing that its possible for hackers to BE ban' date=' in your frustration you banned them

[/quote']

I banned him, because he is a known hacker we have been tracking for weeks, resident on a known hacker forums. We have the IP logs, and the usernames, and his posting records. What do you have?

I asked you to explain how the images you posted demonstrate it is possible for a hacker to issue a global ban to someone. So please, tell me how this is possible. I'm listening. because that button, even if it worked... is a SERVER BAN that the administrator could roll back. You would not get the GLOBAL BAN message. I explained that already.

• Like 8

Okay' date=' so explain to me what happened then. Tell me how this works.

[/quote']

Look, dude. You tried to do a good deed and fix a problem but you have to admit, you called this heat on yourself by acting like a dick. If I knew what was going on or how it worked, I wouldn't be bitching to you on this forum. Make no mistake, I am appreciative of all of the hard work that you've put into this game and the fact that you alone (with your team of course) brought so much attention to the series. I appreciate it. All of us do.

But you have to see that this is a major setback in terms of how the devs are perceived and how the mod can grow. Now, instead of focusing on growing the mod and fixing issues within the mod, you have to stay up all night dealing with bullshit that could have been avoided given more time and observation. I've now had a chance to look at the scripts most of these noob hackers are running and they're shitty, easily detectable scripts that involve hijacking server control buttons. Don't go thinking I'm a fucking hacker, I just know scripting and the game functions very well.

This definitely was a problem that needed to be dealt with but it clearly wasn't dealt with the correct way. I get why you pulled the plug but removing your user base wasn't the right answer, and never is.

As for the image I posted, I wasn't saying it's a false positive. I was just countering the argument that BE is perfect when it's clearly not. Everything has it's flaws.

• Like 1