rocket

DO NOT POST YOUR GLOBAL BAN APPEALS

Has anyone had success in overturning their ban from battleye at least? I strongly believe one of my friends has been banned wrongly.

Rocket' date=' with all due respect, this is silly.

From what i heard people are getting global bans for picking up hacked weapons too. Even if they didn't spawn them.

So is it mandatory now to know the wiki's and forums by heart because if you do something wrong ingame, like something simple as picking up an item (which btw. is something the game is centered around) you get banned ?

It is only fair to be able to appeal for such bans as its not the players fault to get banned for something like that, its your fault because you both let it happen and don't educate the people intuitively but simply expect the knowledge.

Someone could have just bought the game, logged in, spawned somewhere where a hacker spawned a chest, picked up some of the weapons because.. well because why not ?

A day later he/she is banned, can't appeal the ban and doesn't get the 25$ for the game back either. Not even knowing why because that person didn't do anything wrong.

That is not fair.

[/quote']

Rocket made it CLEAR that picking up hacked weapons was not causing a ban ONLY if you spawned them in etc... so you in all likelihood heard wrong or bullshit from people trying to get a ban lifted.

Also people CAN appeal bans, but not here as they have NO control over them as has been said time and time again the bans were issued by Battleeye NOT DayZ and the issue needs to be raised with Battleye.

So is it mandatory now to know the wiki's and forums by heart because if you do something wrong ingame' date=' like something simple as picking up an item (which btw. is something the game is centered around) you get banned ?[/quote']

No one is getting a global BattleEye ban for picking up a weapon in-game. rocket already stated it earlier. The global BattleEye bans are given only to those who are confirmed to have used hacks.

Here is his quote from another thread:

You do not get a server or global ban for picking up weapons' date=' or having weapons, or anything to do with weapons.

You get a global ban from BattlEye, for hacking/cheating.

[/quote']

If your friend has indeed been banned wrongly, I wish him the best of luck, but in most cases when a "friend" has been banned, it has been proven that the "friend" was in fact banned legitimately and usually lying about it.

The way many anti-cheat systems work is by matching the signatures of known hacks and cheats. You cannot get such a signature from "looting a weapon", you have to have the hack or cheat in question to be flagged. I don't know for sure, but I assume this is why there are no false positives in this round of banning. Anyone found to be banned is legitimately banned.

I am (and along with a group of friends) extremely sure he didn't do anything wrong. He actually even pays for a server, bought it from a hosting company. Even the hosting company said to not worry about the ban he first received (Gamehack 38, June 12) because they were sure it was a false positive. He woke up today to find that he was globally banned. I'm thinking it might have been an overlay that clashed with Battleye like that mumble overlay.

I'm not appealing anything here. Just wanted to see if anyone has had success in overturning the ban because we're all pretty stirred up and worried about it.

Lots of people use overylays, I use fraps, tonnes of people have steam and mumble etc... if that was the case then this forum would be buzzing with tonnes and tonnes of people complaining.

Im frightened to go home and see if i can play :) , i havn't hacked or cheated on DayZ, i did do some naughty things in order to play DayZ as i wasn't sure if i spent the £20 i would get my monies worth, that however came to an unfruitful end, so i thought wtf and took the plunge and bought the game, definately a worthwhile investment .

Granted i havn't come across any hackers, but i hope BattlEye is only banning on account of stuff that has been used in game as an advantage... heres hoping to see you all after 5:30pm when i've had my subway and sit down for a long session of DayZ.

PS does anyone have any food they can bring me? Im flashing red and ate my last bit before i logged off :)

First of all' date=' i would like to preface this by saying thank you to rocket for actually replying to all of this and to actively taking a role in the community.

I as globally banned, but before you stop reading i think it was a good thing i was. I loved the game, have been playing for awhile and got bored. Didn't think script(s) would actually work, decided to try it. It worked. I never went all out, basically all i did was give myself a new gun and some ammo. The game got boring for me so i cheated. I will freely admit to cheating, that is why i am not mad i got banned, i am actually very happy that I did. I never would have been tempted if it was so simple to do.

I will be buying the game again and playing 100% legit because now I can see something is actually being done and the playing field is being leveled. I got tired of going to the NW airfield and hearing DMR's constantly. Those things rarely ever spawn. Good luck finding ammo too. Multiple people had helicopters in the server i was in yesterday, it was out of hand. I felt like i had to be on their level.

Just to see that something is being done is great to me. Hopefully BattlEye actually becomes a good anti-cheat system and stops most of the scripters/hackers in the game. Then everyone can be on a level playing field. Thanks again for reading all of these rocket and taking pride in what you have worked on.

[/quote']

Spoken like a true gentleman and a fucking cheater. You expect a standing ovation?

I made it to page 11 and then I just couldn't take the trolling/retardation any longer.

My advice? Lock the thread, keep it stickied, add specific information on what does NOT cause you to get globally banned (i.e. picking up hacked items - only getting banned for MAKING hacked items etc..) and then just purge the entire thread.

Man o man this tread made my day..

Best drama tread ever.. made the working day SOO much better..

Thanks to whom ever initiated the baning spree.. the server killing hackers was just to much..

Thinker.

My advice? Lock the thread' date=' keep it stickied, add specific information on what does NOT cause you to get globally banned (i.e. picking up hacked items - only getting banned for MAKING hacked items etc..) and then just purge the entire thread.[/quote']

If we lock this one it'll just spread to elsewhere in the forum. It's better to have the discussion focused on this thread for now.

Also please don't lock the thread' date=' or these will spread to the rest of the forums.[/quote']

Rocket is not consistent. Let us define! If this is alpha, then the duty of players to look for holes in the gameplay and report on them. The duty of the Rocket as quickly patched the holes. A permoban issued under Alpha, including and for the fact that by coincidence someone picked up a gear without the cheater way of knowing chiterny gear, or did not - the purest water and the profanation of the freak show.

Rocket is not consistent. Let us define! If this is alpha' date=' then the duty of players to look for holes in the gameplay and report on them. The duty of the Rocket as quickly patched the holes. A permoban issued under Alpha, including and for the fact that by coincidence someone picked up a gear without the cheater way of knowing chiterny gear, or did not - the purest water and the profanation of the freak show.

[/quote']

Using known hacks is not finding bugs that is purposly exploiting the game engine.. the bans as has been mentioned more times then I care to count were issued to people via battleeye NOT dayz.

Rocket is not consistent. Let us define! If this is alpha' date=' then the duty of players to look for holes in the gameplay and report on them. The duty of the Rocket as quickly patched the holes. A permoban issued under Alpha, including and for the fact that by coincidence someone picked up a gear without the cheater way of knowing chiterny gear, or did not - the purest water and the profanation of the freak show.

[/quote']

No one is getting a global BattleEye ban for picking up a weapon in-game. rocket already stated it earlier. The global BattleEye bans are given only to those who are confirmed to have used hacks.

Here is his quote from another thread:

You do not get a server or global ban for picking up weapons' date=' or having weapons, or anything to do with weapons.

You get a global ban from BattlEye, for hacking/cheating.

[/quote']

This is an Alpha, yes.

It is not the DUTY for players to look for bugs, but it's appreciated if they do and report it.

It's not the DUTY of Rocket to patch all holes quickly, but he does so anyway.

It's DEFINITELY NOT the duty of players to run hacks or cheats. This is not bugtesting. This is cheating. And, it'll get you banned. No sympathies.

And no, you will not get a global ban for picking up spawned gear. If you got banned, you cheated. Period.

Come on now...practically every person who posted i have been globally banned, started off with the line...I dont use hacks and never have hacked...is anyone seriously believing that battleye just banned every innocent player? ...if you got globally banned you were hacking at some point. No sympathy

To all those hackers claiming they were "testing" security holes: You're lying, and your bullshit spewing makes me sick.

I mean lots of us don't really test all the time, we're having a good time with this mod; we won't deny that and we love Rocket for it.

But according to your claims, IF you were actually testing, you would have written a proof of concept hack, tested it ONCE or TWICE on an empty server (or far away from people), recorded it, and mailed it to @dayzdevteam

Instead, you hacked and griefed like motherfuckers.

• Like 1

Well I got banned from a server almost a week ago, and I contacted battle eye support and they told me they had an error that banned a couple of players by mistake. Anyways I got unbanned back then. I could quote the emails if you don't believe me.

Edit: Post mentioning the false bans, even a staff member got banned for some reason. Probably risk getting banned from the forums for posting this..

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=11949&pid=110794#pid110794

Well I got banned from a server almost a week ago' date=' and I contacted battle eye support and they told me they had an error that banned a couple of players by mistake. Anyways I got unbanned back then. I could quote the emails if you don't believe me.

[/quote']

Well...thats proof that if battleye does make a mistake and ban you, when they rectify the situation they unban you...

Edit:

so anyone banned for using hacks or cheating who hasn't been, has nothing to worry about.

No mercy for the hackers, no pity for the exploiters, no tears for the banned

• Like 2