ShigZ

Playing in a clan SUCKS!

Well you sound like a nice guy , if you ever do start up a clan , you would be the 1st one i would join :) Hit me up if you ever do , been playing for a couple of months now , played with 3 of my friends ( they all quit for panda's ) i'm 30 years old , and would like to stop playing lonewolf mode cheers to you , there are good ppl out there.

• Like 2

And that is why, I will stick with my tomhawk(hatchet) and lee enfield to fight bandits who are secretly templars

• Like 2

My post was moved to the Off-topic session. I wonder what is off-topic in what we were discussing...

My post was moved to the Off-topic session. I wonder what is off-topic in what we were discussing...

I get the impression that some of the Mod's in the forum do things like this because they're bored (or on a slight power-trip) BTW thats not an attack because most of the time they're quite good, just sometimes they move or lock threads for no apparent reason except for one they see in their own head.

• Like 1

I get the impression that some of the Mod's in the forum do things like this because they're bored (or on a slight power-trip) BTW thats not an attack because most of the time they're quite good, just sometimes they move or lock threads for no apparent reason except for one they see in their own head.

I was thinking the same thing... I mean, it's about gameplay. Nobody comes to off-topic discussion (I never do). My post was hot, had a lot of views and the discussion was very nice. I really was moved by the answers I got. But now it will be forgotten in this corner of the forum...

I was thinking the same thing... I mean, it's about gameplay. Nobody comes to off-topic discussion (I never do). My post was hot, had a lot of views and the discussion was very nice. I really was moved by the answers I got. But now it will be forgotten in this corner of the forum...

I guess stories about people being douches in this game might be detrimental to future sales figures.

Hello there

This kind of experience can happen in any game and at all ages and nationalities.

I had a similar experience on one of the major Arma clans public servers. I wasn't in the said clan but as I was playing on their public server I had expected more of them.

They were on acre, refused/ignored me to give me the channel details and I actually managed to get one mumbled response on a vehicle chat who said "We're ignoring you *giggle*", so I asked why and if they wanted me to leave, after repeated attempts I thought perhaps the rude responces were not aimed at me and perhaps at another public member, so followed my squad leader.

A few minutes later after following my squad leaders commands (formation etc) we rdv'd with the main group where i had to suffer a barrage of who the "f*** is that guy?" (me)" all the while there was another pubbie who had picked up a gold AKM and was told by his TL to drop it due to the possibility of FF. They moaned at each other for a while and as they started to move off again I had a few lazy insults hurled at/about me and that I should be ignored and what the f**k I was doing there and that i was "a dumb noob, ignore him"

Lovely indeed.

Suffice to say I no longer visit that particular (popular) pub server. It may not have been the general concensus of the entire *clan* but if that's how you treat visitors to your open public server, then there's not much point in having one. or if it's a few rogue elements surely its up to the clan to reign them in.

If I had stumbled on some open event, they also could have advised me as to the nature of the session and I would have left asap with no problems.

I could have ignored them and Rambo'ed but that's not really the point of an Arma/ACE/ACRE mission and usually ends up spoiling the fun for everyone else.

That's not the standard nature of the Arma community as a whole but it happens and when it does it's bloody frustrating.

Many S.A.s and Clan Leaders members do get the feeling they are "holier than thou" and a bad attitude can result.

(I also find Mic users tend to ignore written chat which although not deliberately rude is a bad habit)

Point being, you're not alone and that these things can happen to anyone whether in game or in real life. Its a damn shame but it happens.

You'll soon find folk who play your way and will have a blast with them.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

I just pressed "report" and stated that this thread is a relevant and on-topic discussion about clan gameplay on DayZ. Hope that helps! :) (And hope the mods don't take offence).

My guess is this topic was moved to off-topic because the title never suggested it's only about DayZ. Even the first post - while being about a DayZ clan - never restricted it to the mod only.

Since it is only about DayZ clans though, I'll be moving this into the DayZ General Discussion now.

I find playing in a clan a hell of alot more exciting than playing Solo, my clan has been together about 4 months now so we all know each other and how we play...

In the beginning though it wasn't all so good, constantly dying and getting things wrong but time has solved that issue. Lone wolf has it's perks of course but i'm used to squad based tactics so i find working with others pretty essential in a survival enviroment

@Orlok I have to say that sometimes written chat isn't so much ignored as not noticed when you are busy playing the game and keeping your eye out for other players and threats or at least with me and I'm an Admin (who doesn't have a holier than thou attitude, especially not with noobs because as I say we all started somewhere and thats coming from somone who has played FPS at Semi-pro level)

Edited by Oldy1Kenobi
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear than mate, I play a good gaming community, not a clan but rather a group of like minded players, we help each other quite often, myself on more than one occasion have picked up players from the edges of the map and flew them where they wanted to go, we share gear and vehicles on a regular basis so your experience is based on one particular bad clan.

My clan makes community campsites and all gear is shared. We also respect vehicle ownership. If someone runs 9001 meters to find the Black SUV, we all help him repair it and it is now 'his'. When we congregate at the campsite, we all drive our vehicles away and hide them elsewhere. This accomplishes two things, one the vehicles are not bunched up, thus making them easier to find by outsiders. Also it doesn't really allow for one person to hoard vehicles, when they log in, they are alone at their personal vehicle. If they find a second one, they either have to abandon their current one, or more likely they call a clan mate without a vehicle to grab the extra one. This allows the person with a vehicle already to choose which one they want and the new clanmate that comes gets the other one. There isn't any reason to steal vehicles from each other.

Unfortunatley you picked a bunch of arseholes to play with. Most clans are not like this and will be happy to help you.

My advise would be to stick with them till you get as many as you can around you and when you get your chance gun them all down blow up their vehicles and destroy their tents then leave with your head held high :thumbsup:

Agreed x100000. Find them. Exterminate them. Dance on their corpses. Its always nice to have the last laugh.

Hello there

I have to agree that the majority of "clans" are well organised and friendly, it's just a case of finding the correct one that suits your attitude and play style.

(also just to clarify, I wasn't making the assertion that ALL admins/clans were power hungry in my previous post just that it does and can happen and the fact that many mic players unintentionally ignore text I appreciate isn't a deliberate act, but if you are mic based you do have to remember non mic users are people too and are important in game :) )

Rgds

LoK

OP, your wall of text almost critted me for 12k

You could have just said some people are selfish douches...but you had an around the world way of getting there.

Choose your homies carefully is the moral of your story.