Slickback (DayZ)

Why no IP bans for hacking?

Because it takes about 2 seconds to change your IP?

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 2

I think your all forgetting that the collective age of these cunts is 12, and they would not know how to change their IP.

I think the REAL reason is that if they ban the IP then bis cant get any more money from them when they need to buy a new amra for a new ID.

be honest about it ffs.

I think your all forgetting that the collective age of these cunts is 12, and they would not know how to change their IP.

I think the REAL reason is that if they ban the IP then bis cant get any more money from them when they need to buy a new amra for a new ID.

be honest about it ffs.

just because you cant use google that doesnt mean others cant as well.

and btw, the collective age of those "hackers" is not 12. even if this destroys your little world view.

and why the fuck should BIS not get any more money?

99% of all user have a dynamic IP, which changes all 24 hours anways?

• Like 1

It's been proven far more effective to ban on game licences and hit these hackers where it hurts - their pocket (or their parents pocket!). In this day and age though it's not unreasonable to expect a full hardware bans, using a combination of mac addresses, motherboard hard disk and processor numbers.

Edited by Box

It's been proven far more effective to ban on game licences and hit these hackers where it hurts - their pocket (or their parents pocket!). In this day and age though it's not unreasonable to expect a full hardware bans, using a combination of mac addresses, motherboard hard disk and processor numbers.

What games do this? I don't know any games that have done this.

I think PunkBuster tried it at some point, I remember something to do with HWID (Hardware ID) bans, don't think it was very successful either.

Spot the 12 year old hacker ^^^^ :)

And the whiniest hackusation all star of the year goes to!

Tool!!

Edited by Pendragon

What games do this? I don't know any games that have done this.

Mostly applications (not games) .. but i know a "game" that uses this method, it is Second Life, when you get banned (depending on the level), you'll find banned your account (of course), and your IP and your HWID (that is calculated keeping your MAC address (netword card unique serial) and your HD ID). However both can be bypassed, manually or using tools free available on the net (you only need 1 minute to google em).

• Like 1

The only effective way to ban someone from the game is localize them in real life and send howitzers and or scatter grenades down their mom's basement.

That is a good effective and probably very permanent solution. :)

/serious mode on again.

• Like 1

be honest about it ffs.

Be honest? Okay, you're uninformed and your opinion is valueless drivel.

Most IPs are dynamically assigned which means unplug your modem for a minute, replug and voila! New IP. I'm sure that will stop cheaters right in their tracks! If you can find cheats for games online you can find this trivial piece of information, guaranteed.

be honest about it ffs.

You sound like one of those "12 year olds" with that comment. Let's see how you feel when you try to join a game and your IP is banned coz some lil script kiddie get's an IP ban and you end up being assigned that IP randomly by your ISP, seriously if you don't understand the basics of what we are discussing keep your head in the sand where it belongs.

• Like 1

theres only one reason: money

people with a banned ip wont buy the game a second time

Be honest? Okay, you're uninformed and your opinion is valueless drivel.

Most IPs are dynamically assigned which means unplug your modem for a minute, replug and voila! New IP. I'm sure that will stop cheaters right in their tracks! If you can find cheats for games online you can find this trivial piece of information, guaranteed.

you get a new local ip, however your internet provider will give your connection an ip+mac combination thats static

you get a new local ip, however your internet provider will give your connection an ip+mac combination thats static

NO.

NO.

ok, my fault, just tried it with http://www.myglobalip.com/

reconneting your router does reset your IP,

though the whole rebuy-your-CD-Key thing is a reason as well

anyway, even IF the IP would be static, there are proxy servers, VPNs, IP-Spoofing, GUID banning is way safer and brings more money

edit: the only thing that gets me worried sometime is if my cd-key and guid with it are safe, since more and more people seem to be victims of cd-key theft

but as long as only people trying to download cheats are affected, i guess its okay

would be great to have a password+username protection with the cd-key though

Edited by Zombo

reconneting your router does reset your IP,

I figured you had to call your ISP to reset your IP. If it truly is that easy I could see why they don't IP ban. However, I am assuming IP banning doesn't take more than 10 seconds which in my mind is worth it if you can deter a few hundred hackers.

I figured you had to call your ISP to reset your IP. If it truly is that easy I could see why they don't IP ban. However, I am assuming IP banning doesn't take more than 10 seconds which in my mind is worth it if you can deter a few hundred hackers.

the amount of false information in 99% of those posts is too damn high!

the only IP arma2 is noticing is the external IP, which is assigned by your ISP to your router.

99% of all users have no static IP, and their IP will change at least every 24 hours (or more often, if requested), so the whole IP-Ban-Topic is just useles bullshit.

either shut down your router for at least 3 seconds, or even better, use one of many tools which will tell your router to get a new IP. the whole procedure often needs less than 1 second, if you use advanced tools like RouterControl.

http://www.routercontrol.de/

MAC-Adresses wont help anything, as they are not intended to be used as authentification, and can be changed within the system controls of windows itself.

As said it would be a pointless exercise.

Plus if you had a ounce of common sense surely you'd have considered that a hacker with any brains would be using a proxy anyway.

Hell, in these days of corporate snooping a lot of people use a proxy the whole damn time for everything they do online, have you watched any pirated material online without using one? If so you are an idiot.

Was I transfered in time by some science experiment and the rest of the world is still in 90's? It's not the first time I come across that 'IP Ban' threads.

In my Universe in the year of 2012 you have to pay a shitload of money to have a static IP. Every regular subscriber gets dynamic IP address, which means you get 'random' IP address from your ISP everytime you turn on your modem.

have you watched any pirated material online without using one? If so you are an idiot.

Americans have to learn that America is not the only country on the planet of Earth. And in most other countries FBI doesn't break your door for using torrent.