Taiphoz

Remove NVG and TWS

54 members have voted

1. 1. Remove NVG and TWS

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont play at night.

Do the high tier weapons make it easier to survive? Yes. Therefore the high tier weapons represent easy mode.

I don't care how hard they are to find, people who use them are playing DayZ on easy. Maybe you think getting high end loot is the point of the game, and in that case, congratulations you won. Now go murder some noobs and tell yourself that you are a hardcore DayZ master. Be sure to use the excuse that that is what people would do in real life.

The fact is, people want high end loot because it makes them feel special and they think it is cool. Can't blame them for that, generations of video games have programmed them to think that way. When given a game with no end game, people fall back to what is familiar. And that is the reason we have Cherno deathmatch. People can't decide a purpose for themselves beyond what every other game has taught them to do. So they collect the leet military gear and go shoot each other.

I hope these players are sorely disappointed with the standalone. The fixing of duping should scare off some of these short attention span, instant gratification kids. When it takes days, or hopefully weeks, to find a military weapon and the ammo to go with it, these kids won't be so quick to run off on a murder spree. Weeks of work for at most a few hours of pay off won't be worth it and they will move on.

I especially can't wait for the ones who are all cocky and think they will be the one dude who is super leet enough to keep playing that way. Those tears will be the tastiest.

Translation

I am a terrible player who is jealous of others who have had better luck than me and who have killed me repeatedly for my entire DayZ life. Please remove all the things that make them better than me. Then when standalone comes out and I have gotten my wish, when those people keep killing me with the "regular guns" I will come back here and make posts requesting the Winchester be removed.

• Like 3

Do the high tier weapons make it easier to survive? Yes. Therefore the high tier weapons represent easy mode.

I don't care how hard they are to find, people who use them are playing DayZ on easy. Maybe you think getting high end loot is the point of the game, and in that case, congratulations you won. Now go murder some noobs and tell yourself that you are a hardcore DayZ master. Be sure to use the excuse that that is what people would do in real life.

The fact is, people want high end loot because it makes them feel special and they think it is cool. Can't blame them for that, generations of video games have programmed them to think that way. When given a game with no end game, people fall back to what is familiar. And that is the reason we have Cherno deathmatch. People can't decide a purpose for themselves beyond what every other game has taught them to do. So they collect the leet military gear and go shoot each other.

I hope these players are sorely disappointed with the standalone. The fixing of duping should scare off some of these short attention span, instant gratification kids. When it takes days, or hopefully weeks, to find a military weapon and the ammo to go with it, these kids won't be so quick to run off on a murder spree. Weeks of work for at most a few hours of pay off won't be worth it and they will move on.

I especially can't wait for the ones who are all cocky and think they will be the one dude who is super leet enough to keep playing that way. Those tears will be the tastiest.

Maybe once you have the high tier stuff.

Let's be honest though-what does it take to OBTAIN the high tier stuff?

You seem to think that (hackers excluded), some players just spawn in with that equipment.

The high tier weapons and equipment are difficult and dangerous to obtain.

If I want to take the risk and sucessfully obtain these items, why should I be penalized because YOU cant find anything better than a Makarov?

The equipment is available to EVERY player in the game.

Either go get get it, or quit crying that other people did.

• Like 3

No it does not prove your point. It doesn't even remotely support it, what it does say is don't be stupid and keep your head down so you don't get shot.

Yes, because the game is full of idiots who think the meaning of fun is trolling other players, people who don't understand fcuking anything, no wonder ARMA players puke at you lot.

I'm not crying and I never said I wanted anything removed so stop stroking your e-peen and being such a hardcore video game badass.

If you think high end loot and killing other players is the point of the game, then have fun doing that. But stop acting like that makes you better or more of a real DayZ player than people who do not share your same view. Personally I don't understand why people like you don't just play tegular ARMA. I am guessing because it is the unfairness of the fights that tickle your low hangers, and that's fine. DayZ is what you make it.

Also, don't care what you went through to find your loot. I'm sure you're one of the 1% of deathmatchers who got all their gear legitimately. I am sure you are. Point is, once you have it, you then play "I have a huge advantage noobie murder time". Which is DayZ easy mode. Your choice to play that way, doesn't matter to me.

I get murdered all the time but I don't give a shit about my loot. So I don't cry, I respawn. I'll still try to talk to people in game and have an experience that is deeper than COD Chernarus. If that's all you want, then go do it, but stop bitching at people who want something deeper and more interestig from their DayZ experience.

Remove TWS weapons and replace it with a standalone that fits into the NVG or Binoc slot.

Also make it VERY rare and something that can only be used as binocs (not just toggled on/off, but stays zoomed like binocs/rangefinder)

But before ANY of that... Fix duping/hacking. If you can't fix that, remove them.

Personally I don't understand why people like you don't just play tegular ARMA. I am guessing because it is the unfairness of the fights that tickle your low hangers,

Exactly, they probably fail at ARMA, lets face it, there are no military tactics or disipine going on here much and many dayz players can't shoot for shit (no offence) so its an easy ride for experienced ARMA or or other FPS players, if you are one of these people i suggest you fcuk off.

As for rarity, why does everyone think this is a solution ?, if rarity ever became a real factor then the huge imbalance will become quite clear.

If the suggestion is that a few guys can sit with NVG/AS50/M107/L85/ or whatever spawn raping at the coast (which is what would happen) then that would be completely clusterfucked, obviously.

When are people gonna understand that survival should not be about high end shit that really only belongs in ARMA.

Edited by Mutagen_7B4

The Topic is real simple and stems from a conversation we had the other night on our TS server, and please before you vote read the post.

First of all, Duppers aside the drop rate on NVG's is so low, same for the l85 that possibly 1% or 2% of a server will have them, this sounds like a low number but when you look at and watch the damage a single player with NVG's can do in Cherno or Elektro its really unfair.

MOST players are running around throwing flares, holding chem lights, which makes them a huge target as it is, but to people with NVG's and TWS their simply sheep waiting to be killed, as a result a lot of people leave the server and go looking for a daytime time zone to play on.

I think if we took out those NVG's and TWS items that players would all feel on the same playing field, they would know that while they run around with a flare there wont be some one out there in the dark with vision as good as daylight stalking them.

It's a hot topic for our little group, some are dead against it, mostly those who have one of these items, I have NVG, and had until last night a TWS so I am on the fence, but would not be upset if they took them out, I think it would make the torch war's in cherno and elektro a hell of a lot more fun at night time than they are now.

Nah dude won't be able to be stealthy at night then dumb idea.

Exactly, they probably fail at ARMA, lets face it, there are no military tactics or disipine going on here much and many dayz players can't shoot for shit (no offence) so its an easy ride for experienced ARMA or or other FPS players, if you are one of these people i suggest you fcuk off.

As for rarity, why does everyone think this is a solution ?, if rarity ever became a real factor then the huge imbalance will become quite clear.

If the suggestion is that a few guys can sit with NVG/AS50/M107/L85/ or whatever spawn raping at the coast (which is what would happen) then that would be completely clusterfucked, obviously.

When are people gonna understand that survival should not be about high end shit that really only belongs in ARMA.

When are YOU going to understand that getting that high end shit as you call it, gives those who have it a better chance of survival.

That makes it desirable.

Part of surviving is obtaining better tools to survive with.

In a real world situation, these tools WILL be available to those bold and smart enough to seek them out.

I'm sorry that you want everyone to run around with makarovs and maybe a hunting knife, but that is not the game that Rocket has given us, nor is it (my guess here-worth exactly what you pay for it) what the standalone will be.

If you can't wrap your head arounnd that, then there is nothing else I can say to you-we will have to agree to disagree.

I suspect you will be very disappointed in the standalone, though.

Wincheaters already one shot zombies and are reasonably quiet. The high end gear only helps against players, which is a legitimate use, but isn't as much about survival.

Anyway, I don't think anyone is asking for there removal here. It seems that most just want them to be appropriately rare.

And personally, I take offense to the attitude that PVPers have against everyone else. They seem to think DayZ belongs to them and considering how broken the mod is, they're right. But I think that is an accident of all the bugs and hacking and not by design.

I really hope the standalone takes DayZ away from the deathmatching and makes it a unique experience again.

Anyways, we're all talking in circles until the standalone comes out.

but that is not the game that Rocket has given us

He hasn't delivered a game, it was a proof of concept.

You sound like a child that doesnt want to loose his iPod 5th gen.

And he will deliver a game along the lines of the proof of concept.

If all you can come up with is calling people children, your argument automatically fails.

We will see what Rocket comes up with.

I will play it no matter what.

And I will likely have a great time doing so.

Have a good day. :)

I think the thermal scope needs to be removed atleast. Nightvision should have to use batteries and have a limited range of sight making it more fair instead of seeing everything bright as daytime. Otherwise what's the point of having chemlights or flares in the game when you're worried about people running around with nightvision taking you out. Although people can still find you if you go around using chemlights and flares. Just seems like the game would be more atmospheric or it would add to the survival-ishness without being able to see at night like it most likely would be in real life.

I completely Disagree. A lot of people go to extreme lengths to obtain NVG's and TWS. Its only fair they get to use them. Survival of the fittest.

mZLY let's take what you're saying a step further!

We shouldn't have DMRs because they're basically a one hit kill. We shouldn't have any weapon over the 9x18 calibre in the game! One to two hits is too OP, in fact, let's ditch our whole setup of military grade loot and start walking around toting Makarovs.

Yes, there's a reason hackers are picking up TWS weapons. They're so useful to players because they're rare. When you take away hackers there is really almost no chance of coming across one. Pendragon hit it right on the head when he said "And for that matter, if those weapons are removed you'll be back crying because everyone is using LMG's and it isn't fair/realistic/some excuse to claim it doesn't fit. I mean why do I have to reload when they are throwing 100's of rounds at you? Or the M203 with HE rounds blasting your entire squad."

Thank you, Pendragon, you really nailed it on the head. If those get removed too, they'll be bitching about suppressed M4's!

Do you know why the TWS is so cherished? It'll give you the edge over a Ghillie Suit sniper.

In fact, let's use your logic here.

"OMG, I WAS RUNNING TO STARRY EARLIER AND I GOT SHOT BY A GUY I NEVER SAW BUT HE HAD GHILLIE!!!! SO OP!"

As I said, this is a military simulator. You're damn right I'm going to use NVGs to my advantage at night.

"make the ghillie suits thermal resistant."

Is that a joke? That makes Ghillies OP and that would have even *More* people bitching about them being less visible. A half competent player could easily hide and not give away his position to a player. Stop talking. Just. Stop.

What I would like to see is CADPAT instead of camo, and it's designed to reduce your thermal signature.

Sure, that could be a viable option. But coding it might be a bit irritating. I think that'll be good though.

from what I've heard you say, I'm surprised you don't bitch and moan about helicopters. In fact, if I'm ever on a server with you on, I'm going out of my way to hunt you with my "much op" gun.

I have an M249 SAW and my squadmate will be picking up an M240 machine gun. Are you going to bitch about us hailing 300 rounds of gunfire at you without reloading? Without being a troll here, you, mZly need to harden the hell up, quit your bitching and accept that they're part of the game.

Taiphoz, have you ever fired an unsuppressed gun with NVGs on? If you fire more than one or two shots you're blinded, they see where the gunshots came from and can shoot back at you.

Secondly, if that's such a huge thing to you, just press the abort button and find a day server. :) If you really think it's that big a deal, no one puts a gun to your head to play.

This is a zombie simulator built on top of a weapon simulator. Not a "Random items chucked in for shits and gigs" zombie game. If the items are in here, they are intended to be used.I shall think of you when I'm making someone my bitch with my machine gun.

No, it isn't overpowered, I agree, definitely the size of my stick matters, but it matters a hell of a lot more that I know how to use it. And I do.

No single player should have such a huge advantage over another- that's equal to cheating or simply lazy game design

My god. I have never laughed so hard in my life. Shit, I spent some time playing last night and found an M249 SAW! Because of that and the fact now I'm ecstatic and eager to go hunting players to share the love around, I'm cheating.

With no respect whatsoever, fuck you and go back to call of duty.

instant gratification kids.

How long does it take to run up to Starry Sobor or to the Airfield? Twenty to thirty minutes. Instant gratification kids can't handle that. So your argument is invalid. I am by no means saying that that simple 20-30 minute run is insta-loot, but for the OPPORTUNITY to get that loot it takes 20-30 minutes plus however long it takes to find your weapon.

Also, giving you tools to negate advantages isn't forcing balance, it is adding game mechanics. Unless everyone spawns with all the tools, then balance, as you put it, never works into it. Some people will find the tools and some won't, every encounter will still be full of unknowns. But more tools will result in more options, and more complex gameplay. Is that a bad thing?

After the TWS gets taken out, you'll have people bitching about Ghillie suits. So you'll be back one step with ONE LESS WEAPON IN THE GAME. If you take out the TWS you take out a way of finding Ghillie suits, which is well, let me take the position of one of the people complaining about the TWS, and substitute it with the Ghillie.

Zomg, the ghillie suit makes play0rz invisibul and dem playuhs keep killen me from far away and i nebber get to shoot em! this is unfair TAKE EM OUT LOLOLOL

there's supposed to be something in between being a "new spawn" and having top-tier loot. that's part of the problem now: people just run around cherno/elektro until they find a body with all the good stuff. many of these people have never even made a trip to the NWAF, or spent hours looking for heli-crashes. let alone done that stuff enough to find the really rare loot

Absolutely. I agree with what you're saying, but for those jerkoffs that run around Cherno and Elektro I should get my balls cut off and lose the gun I personally spent more than a goddamn week looking for?

I usually play on one server and rarely server hop, and if I do hop, it's usually to raid someones camp on another server and jump back and forth to my vehicle to offload the stolen gear.

As a fresh spawn, I see no need to server hop because I can get everything I need with a lap around the map. It takes about 2, maybe 3 hours to go completely around the high value areas of the map and collect gear. I will concede that I don't always end up with Ghillie and NVG within the first 2 hours, but more often than not, I do. For me, the only gear I "need" is my DMR. With that rifle, I'm in control and those who have been on the recieving end of my DMR rethink their tactics when dealing with me, but again, that's due to playing on one server with regulars who get to know you and that I monitor and get to know.

There is more to DayZ than just getting gear and killing people. If you don't server hop, and you stay on one server you need to learn the people that "live" there with you. Who works with who, who is a lone wolf, who shoots on sight(me!) who is friendly and gets shot on sight(by me!). If I don't have my combat load out, I stay away from heavily populated areas until I have gotten to the point where I can defend myself.

My crowning achievement is losing to a AS-50 TWS sniper. I had him, but it was my own mistakes that cost me the kill. He fired off a number of magazines at me while I was evacuating electro, and missed. I circled around him and he was still sitting in his hiding spot, which was quite open actually. I didn't need to range him, but I errored on my hold over as he was ranging me. I opened fire, corrected, and got one or two hits, but due to the distance I wasn't doing much damage and he moved to cover. My critical mistake was not retreating to cover after my magazine ran dry and relocating. Instead, like a new player I sat through my reloading animation as he came back out from his cover and put one .50 into my face. It was great, I truly enjoyed it, even though I lost all my gear, because I saw the error I made, but up until that point I had him. This proved to me that my tactics were sound, but that there are areas where I still need improvement.

DayZ isn't about the gear, its about how each person approaches the situations they are presented with. This thread is people whining about the situations they are presented with and trying to limit the number of different situations they have to learn how to handle.

Absolutely everything you just said. I highlighted your second paragraph because you have conceded that YOU were the one that messed up. Not him, You.

You learned from that experience (I hope) and has your play style improved?

Mine has. I can competently engage players with most, if not all the weapons in this game and if you can't, then that's your problem. Don't ruin the game for the rest of us.

Regards.

Edited by Rozjackal

Don't ruin the game for the rest of us.

Regards.

Dry you eyes fuck sakes.

We are looking are removal of AS50/M107/L85 and NVG from our chernarus server because regular players are asking for this, these are the people that matter, not some random tards opinion who will probably stop playing if he can't hax anymore.

With no respect whatsoever, fuck you and go back to call of duty.

Regards.

Please come to my server so i can ban you.

Sorry babe, I can't join UK servers and quite frankly, if you're on one, I wouldn't want to.

Forgive me for trying to give you a rational argument against why. My words you've quoted, indeed may have gone far but the basic point I was trying to make was if you're taking out those guns, you're going to have players crying out for the removal of other guns which are "OP."

Ballance has got nothing to do with wanting easy mode, why do think i want rid of NV, because its a noob crutch, L85 is a noob crutch, M107 is a noob crutch, AS50 is a noob crutch.

I want hardcore, but there still needs to need some level of ballance, getting the items and weapons list "right" would be a simple start.

How is having good visibility at night a crutch? That's an advantage a player should be able to capitalise on. Another player has even addressed what you've spoken of.

I ask you this, have any players currently armed with those weapons asked "Hey can you remove this?" Or only the people who have been VICTIMS of this?

As soon as the shoe is on the other foot you'll have people saying "nah, keep in it's good lol"

My god, you're an idiot. In so many ways. How on earth do you own a server?

Basically what you're asking for is to remove RARE items which should be REWARDS for going out and finding helicopter crash sites or wherever you've found these.

Also, with the part of your post complaining of lazy level design

Let's have some fun here and make the entire map one flat board. That way it's an equal playing field and there is absolutely no way that any one player can have an advantage! Oh wait, that would suck.

What you've said so far is stupid. Please come up with better arguments. With the only thing you addressed being an insult I put to you, clearly your small mind cannot comprehend a way of countering what I have said.

If by chance it can I'm happy enough to discuss this with you calmly and without abuse you arrogant pissant.

If this stuff gets removed, I can't wait until the M4A1 Holo posts start.

ZOMG, GUN WIV SKOPE N LAUNCH0R KIKKITKIKKITREMOVELOLOL

It is my sincere hope that no one is dumber for having read the things you've said and may god not have mercy on your soul.

I ask you this, have any players currently armed with those weapons asked "Hey can you remove this?" Or only the people who have been VICTIMS of this?

As soon as the shoe is on the other foot you'll have people saying "nah, keep in it's good lol"

Your ignorance is incredible, all the guys i play with use all the most OP weapons, and most agree they should be removed.

If you can't comprehend the reasons for that then its your problem, and again dry your eyes.

Nah babe, if anyone should dry their eyes, it's you. AS50 with the TWS has been removed. But think about how you zero in the damn gun, how finicky the L85 is. The gun is not an instant one hit kill if you miss, is it? Or shit, that ground is really bleeding and dying now!

As many people have said, a good weapon helps, but being able to use it means a lot more. That guy with the Mark 48? He can be downed with a pistol if he's a spraying bitch. That guy with an AS50 doesn't have another set of arms behind his back to kill me if I sneak up on him.

If I find and successfully kill a man while armed with "lesser" equipment, why should I not be able to get my prize and use that until the next guy comes along and kills me, as inevitably happens in this game?

Your profile says you're 40 years old. You act and sound much more like a twelve year old. You're not answering any of the questions I'm putting to you. In fact you've said you'll ban me for something I've said on a forum, the sign of a piss-poor admin in itself, You've said to me that I must "Dry my eyes" which is remarkable to me because in no way am I qq'ing.

Start using arguments or stop acting like a bitch. In fact, I was genuinely confused to what you were saying when you said "I can't comprehend the reasons" because you've put almost none forth and the ones you have put forth have been countered pretty much easily. Then I realised you just gave your beans to people who you thought were right.

Who have also had their arguments countered.

/trollmodeengaged If your players don't want them, don't use them and just pban all the guys that do, that'll stop the people on your server using them, lul.

Ultimately I'm going to agree to disagree with what you've said, Mostly because you're a fool who irritates me. Good day sir.

Edited by Rozjackal

Explanations would be wasted on you, mr 6 post " fuck off back to cod " and yeah, id find a reason to ban you, probably wouldnt be hard at all, you people are here one day, gone the next.

Honesty, I can't tell if stupid or trolling.

Anyway, must get back too my fans on the server.

Explanations would be wasted on you, mr 6 post " fuck off back to cod " and yeah, id find a reason to ban you, probably wouldnt be hard at all, you people are here one day, gone the next.

Your replies are very disappointing. I can take solace in the fact that the way you post, no one of importance will take you seriously.

I would strongly suggest that you take a good long look at yourself before you label other people, because out of anyone in this thread you are displaying the traits that you label others of.

Your open willingness to abuse your position as an admin of a server, albeit your own private hive, is another clear indicator that you are not prepared to listen to counter arguments. You were never interested in a debate, just to dictate.

I must ask, why is NVG and TWS such a big deal to you, when you already have the means to remove it from where you play?

• Like 1

I lost interest at the "A10's flying over cherno" part, and ive already discussed this topic elsewhere.

As for abusing my position, I dont think i ever have, if people even had any idea the shit we have to put up with..... And the number of players cheating and hacking.

Over and out.

I lost interest at the "A10's flying over cherno" part, and ive already discussed this topic elsewhere.

As for abusing my position, I dont think i ever have, if people even had any idea the shit we have to put up with..... And the number of players cheating and hacking.

Over and out.

Actually your little display here proves one thing, you are a self centered egomaniac, I thought the op was a whiney little nimrod! You sir take the cake!

Oh yeah this little hand holders wah fest is still active? Sheesh!

I do have six posts, indeed. I should be moving that up to seven, oh my god! You wouldn't ban me because I'm a player that plays within the rules. If an idiot like you tries to ban me however, I'd laugh in your face, because at the end of the day I've still won by enraging you to the point where your only course of option is to ban me. It's even more satisfying than driving hackers to doing it. I've talked down administrators on Counter-Strike. There is nothing you can do to get to me, ever.

The only thing that you have responded to was an insult. So this to me says volumes about you.

I'm more than happy to listen to your explanations, in fact I'm very eager to hear what drivel you come up with.

Your replies are very disappointing. I can take solace in the fact that the way you post, no one of importance will take you seriously.

I would strongly suggest that you take a good long look at yourself before you label other people, because out of anyone in this thread you are displaying the traits that you label others of.

Your open willingness to abuse your position as an admin of a server, albeit your own private hive, is another clear indicator that you are not prepared to listen to counter arguments. You were never interested in a debate, just to dictate.

Though I have to tell you the truth, I can't tell if you're trolling, stupid, or as Pendragon suggested, you are a self-centred egomaniac. Though I think all three apply.

I appreciate what you've said, for you have simply cemented my initial thoughts and gone above and beyond the call of duty! You are an even bigger idiot than I realised.

Adieu and goodnight.