dgeesio

let people use blood bags on there own

this should of been in the game from day 1.

you trek for hrs needing that blood tranfusion then have to hope for a kind soul to give it to you. now at the start of dayz maybe might of happended now....no chance

also why cant you give yourself a transfusion ? is it just down to the animation ? ]

logically if you needed a transfusion and you could you would . its that simple.

i think its not to make others trust you it was just down to animation of doing so but with the ability of giving yourself a transfusion it would be a great help

Edited by dgeesio

I think bloodbagging yourself would ruin the healing element of DayZ. If that were the case, you would have absolutely no reason under the moon and sky to interact with another player. I think you'd just see a rise in murderers with bags full of blood to fuel their sprees.

That said, this is most definitely not the first time this has been suggested. Use the search function next time.

Their; possessive

If you can't fathom that how do you expect to give yourself a blood transfusion?

• Like 2

It isnext to impossible to give yourself a blood transfusion in real life. Believe me i've tried to put a large needle into my own vein in my arm for a dare from my nurse sister... It's very hard, not even the most experianced doctors can do it to themselves.

This thing may very well be your savior.... so yeah, keep it as it is.

cow.jpg

Why? Is DayZ not easy enough for you? This is one of the few things that keeps people from getting shot on sight. This encourages you to make friends. Honestly, sometimes I just go down to Cherno or something with no weapons and just a hero skin and people won't shoot me till after I finish giving them blood. If they could just take it off me and do it themselves they would shoot everyone.

I don't like this idea. In fact, I think more items need to be like the blood bag.

Nice to see other solo players shooting this idea down, Dayz is not meant to be easy (although it has become somewhat easier) and the animation is not the reason bloodbags require two people. Either go hunting or try to trust another player, easier said than done but as others pointed out you would have people like myself with plenty of bloodbags sitting around getting too many kills without much of a consequence. People tend to never think about the greater implications to the game when making suggestions like this, it usually is someone who was way out in the wilderness almost dead thinking man this is a pain yet they never stop to think why it was designed that way.

Now for the sarcasm, yea lets remove the only in game incentive to team up, sounds awesome.

I think the game should add more stuff that requires interaction with other players tbh.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 2

I think the game should add more stuff that requires interaction with other players tbh.

Yes group play needs rewarded more.

Don't "nerf" solo play to encourage group play and solo play definitely doesn't need any more perks.

Incentivizing something is a better course then penalizing something else.

Edited by Swineflew
  • Like 1

I've never, ever received a blood transfusion. I've always relied on those four legged ones you see in woods and fields. Nature's blood bags!

No second person needed and I've never been shot by a cow - not that I don't keep a close eye on them.

It's fine the way it is! Besides I like going out and hunting animals...Being able to blood bag yourself would make all that pointless.

There isn't a need to transfuse yourself when you can heal up so fast by cooking meat. The items needed to do so aren't hard to get.

If you were able to pump your blood up to 12000 with a single blood bag all by yourself, then beans and hunting would be completely moot. Why would people bother taking up precious, multiple inventory slots with food if the same end results could be had with a single bag.

HEY LETS ADD A THING TO TRANSPLANT BRAINS ON YOUR OWN

Seriously this thread makes no sense ._.

It isnext to impossible to give yourself a blood transfusion in real life. Believe me i've tried to put a large needle into my own vein in my arm for a dare from my nurse sister... It's very hard, not even the most experianced doctors can do it to themselves.

Pfft, you are clearly a weak westerner, if you were a Russian you would have no trouble doing this. For example see Leonid Rogozov.

Edited by Heiduk

As a lone wolf player I don't mind the blood bags as they are. Having to maintain a pack of cooked meat is one of the enjoyable trade-offs of the lone wolf style.

However, if we're talking realism, I think it's more realistic a person low on blood would manage to save his life via a self-given blood transfusion than eating 10 cooked steaks at one sitting. :)

Just checked Mr Rogozov out (couldn't get your link to work though).

Man he's hardcore. That's like Rambo, but better :)

http://en.wikipedia..../Leonid_Rogozov

(In case anyone else has probs with Heiduk's link).

EDIT:

However, if we're talking realism, I think it's more realistic a person low on blood would manage to save his life via a self-given blood transfusion than eating 10 cooked steaks at one sitting. :)

I put an idea in about that. Not keen on self transfusions though..

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/18050-salad-dodgers-vomit/page__hl__%2Bsalad+%2Bdodgers+%2Bvomit

Edited by Horde