rocket

Consolidated Weapons/Equipment suggestions

adrenaline shots.

to make you faster and can run from any bandits or zombies !

It's called an Epi-Pen, it's already used in-game, and it wouldn't do that.

Anyway, this is from a post I made in suggestions a while ago, regarding tobacco as an item.

Tobacco

Now, I've searched and searched for plausible arguments for this throughout the forums, but everyone who seems to like the idea of using tobacco in-game wants to do so simply to look cool while playing. But I propose adding tobacco to residential loots spots for these reasons:

1) Nicotine has known anti-inflammatory properties, and tobacco had been used in poultices for wounds for thousands of years.

2) Nicotine has well-known stimulant properties; it causes the release of glucose and epinephrine (which is already used in the game to treat shock and unconsciousness) and leaves noted effects of relaxation and calm alertness. (And that's not just for smokers; I sure as hell remember my first cigarette)

3) Nictotine is known to decrease appetite and increase metabolism, which could be used as a quick fix to curb hunger but cause it to decline more rapidly when the effects have worn off.

4) You could have negative effects from its use. You know, for the kids.

5) IT'S ABUNDANT AS FUCK.

And, in my own opinion, it would add greatly to the immersion of the game to have small choices such as taking up smoking, something that wouldn't be necessary but could affect your character's life in the long run, be it positive or negative. Sort of like Traits in Fallout.

I guess I can speak for everyone, and seeing that weapons have been created (thank the lord) as ''entities'', when I suggest that the Standalone use an ultra realistic, customizable (rare findings such as laser sights and such), etc engine.

• Like 1

One thing I would like to see in the mod, and the stand alone version, is that you can sling your rifle on your shoulder (or across your back), and equip the axe, for silent kills/harvesting wood.

Without the need to drop your rifle, or the need to put the rifle in your backpack.

I do not know if the game engine can do that, but it would be a nice addition.

Also if possible, fine-tune the hit detection when using axe to strike down zombies/infected.

I do not quite know the backstory of DayZ, but since this is set in some Post Apocalyptic Warsaw Pact country, NATO weapons should be scarce, to non-existent.

Hunting Rifles, like Mosin, shotguns, AK's & and other CIS weaponry should be the dominant weapons around.

• Like 1

Should remove all weapons that have add on like M16A4 and/or make all add on removable/attachable so you can take red dot from one gun and install it on other if gun has rails for that purpose. Make scopes, suppressors, vertical grips, grenade launchers, laser pointers, target assist, range finders, NV optics, Buttocks rare found items that can be mounted on guns (if guns have rails)

Add duct tape and ability to duct 2 mags together for faster reload to patch up a suit and for temporary repair of common stuff etc. Add drums, AKM has 45 round mags, 75 round mags, 100 round mags etc. , Make ability to hand reload a mag, from one mag to another to fill it up so I don't need to throw away mag with 6 bullets.

Make all equipment deteriorate with use and time, like gillie suit, add body armors like military and police crowd control (U know, with helmets and that plastic shields) add ceramic plates to be added to body armors (all of this deteriorate with time and if hit by player/zed), add weight to character so that if you carry much fatigues faster and takes longer to rest, makes movements louder etc. add 1-3 different NV goggles, add military equipment like helmets and full uniforms/body armors, add combat vest, so that character starts with only limited space in inventory and with combat vest it expands slots for ammo carrying, bandages and side equipment like hunting knifes, axe, canteens etc.

Add grind stone for your hunting/combat knife (if you gut an animal with dull knife you got less meat, and with sharpened more). Add bayonets and ability to mount them on corresponding weapons for use in close combat, (something like using hatchet).

Add PDA's so player can have interactive map (only if he has GPS) so player can track his movement and pinpoint locations of interest, add notifications etc. Add medication painkillers/antibiotics/blood bags etc. time to start working and if not properly dosed side effects from too many pills or return of pain/infection if dose is to small etc.

Add that consuming caned food and sodas (Pepsi/cola) you get hungry/thirsty faster as in RL, only proper hunger and thirst can be sated with meat and water, this will add on people looking for more cans/sodas or to hunt and replenish their canteens.

Add uses on antibiotics/painkillers with random 3 different number of pills spawned inside of the box, add use on matches, I think that 40 uses on one matches box is more than enough, add zippo that can be filled with lighter fluid to be continuously used, add cleaning/maintenance kit for weapons and equipment alike, it also has use... all items should have use... nothing lasts forever...

That is from me for now, if I think of something else ill write it down ;)

Good hunting.

Edited by >S.T.A.L.K.E.R.<
  • Like 3

More things on my mind.

As Chernarus is supposed to be Russian Federation of some sorts or remains of Soviet Union (SSSR) I suggest implementing more Russian weapons, they have plenty to choose from, look at link below.

http://world.guns.ru/main-e.htm <-- Here you can find many weapons from all around the world.

It would be real nice to see AK-107/108 (108 variant is fed by 5.56x45 NATO) OTs-14 'Groza', AS val, A91M, ASh-12.7, AK-12, maybe adding some other famous and great weapons as SIG SG 550, H&K G41, H&K 416/417, Galil, Galil ACE model 52... and many other...

And thing that really annoys me, I know a lot about weapons and I help my friends in start of the game when they were still learning to distinguish weapons and corresponding munitions for same, and the thing that bothers me is like H&K G36K and other variants of same in game can be fed only by G36 mags when in reality its NATO standard rifle that issues same 5,56x45 round in same 30 round STANAG magazine as all other rifles that has NATO standard, same goes for FN FAL, It uses 7.62x51 NATO in mag of 20 rounds but alas you cant reload it with DMR mags nor with stripper clip from M24... But its the same munitions...

I think that this should be repaired to real world statistics but making munitions and mags rare, All munitions should be more rare and weapons as well. I think that ammo (Rounds/Bullets) and mags should be separated items, you would have to find mags and bullets to fill it, and you wont throw mags away because without mags but with bullets you cant fire and vice verse.

• Like 2

I looked through and didn't see anyone mention radio's. 2 way radio's that have the ability to change channels and have a range of a couple miles. If you find one you could potentially spy on others using the radio or use it to keep in touch with friends or squad mates. I realize most people use TS but this would add to the immersion aspect of the game.

S&W 500, Nitro 700(Rifle not pistol), Compact 57, H&K 416, Brown Bess, Saiga 12 SS or JC, Mossberg 500 Bullpup shotgun and 2 new shotgun round types; Warhead(Introduced with AA12) and Shoeblock(time glass shaped slug). Improvised weapons; Compressed air rifles, Spud cannons converted to grenade launchers etc. etc.

Weapon attachments; pistol Flashlight, Shotgun external ammo holder/the ones capable having such a contraption, Assault rifle and rifle bayonets, masterkey attachment for AR's(underbarrel shotgun, usually 3 shots pump action)

• Like 1

Anyway, this is from a post I made in suggestions a while ago, regarding tobacco as an item.

The Epi-Pen if you use it on a person who isnt down and out, is a bad idea, you would have to keep moving, because if you dont, your blood pressure sky rockets, and it would do more harm than good, how does blurry vision and bad hearing sound?

maybe batteries for the NVG's and NV scopes. it would cause people to have to have to search for loot more often in towns if they plan on using these items regularly and maybe not let people use the NVG's non-stop all night long. basically making them pick and choose when it's worth using some of the battery life...if i had them in real life i would definitely be worried about running out of juice for them. and with the updates for the night time play, it sounds like night time will be playable without them, again the same as really being out during the night.

• Like 1

Cigarettes to raise temperature, like a similar implementation to that in MGS.

Include smokers cough so it sounds like they could be infected/have a cold and also smoke.

Edited by Loui5D

If players want cigarets they should have them, but my personal preference would be hand made cigarets with real tobacco and cigars small and big.

It would be awesome to light one such cigar like Clint Eastwood ;)

I only would not want to smoke that industrial shit ... full of poison and unnecessary ingredients that should not have been there in the first place.

Something like food today, all kinds of ingredients that should not be in there all kinds if E xxx regulators and aromas... disgusting, soya lecithin....all that GMO... :(

Less Military weapons, but don't make it just civilian weapons, add some "criminal" style firearms and weapons.

Tec-9: Low accuracy, spray and pray 9mm machinepistol, more common and lower fire rate than the PDW.

CZ Skorpion: Already in Operation Arrowhead, easy to add

Every Operation Arrowhead pistol should be added.

Pistol Grip Pump (on my lap at all times): Any shotgun with no stock and a pistol grip, possibly with a shortened barrel. An Ithaca 37 or a Winchester 1300 would be good, more recoil than large shotguns, increase pellet spread, even worse accuracy and ironsights.

Sawed Off Double Barrel: Like the double barrel in Dayz, but it can't use slugs, has a much wider pellet spread, no ironsights, and it can be put in the pistol slot.

SKS Carbine: Stripper-clip-fed 7.62x39 (AK Round) Semi Auto rifle, much more civilian style than an AK, more common, and a slower reload and smaller mag. AK Mags can be converted into 3 SKS Mags or vice versa.

Hunting Bow: Faster, shorter range alternative to the Crossbow (Far Cry 3 anyone?), uses arrows instead of bolts. *also, as a sidenote, the arrows and bolts should come in 10 or 5 shot "quivers" taking up 2-3 inventory slots. Instead of single arrows taking up single inventory slots like in the current game.

Hunting Shotgun (Pump): Longer range and barrel, hunting style pump action, has a tighter pellet spread and longer range and better accuracy for slugs and pellets, but has a smaller 3+1 magazine tube and its length would make it worse for close quarters.

Full Size UZI; Less accurate, higher recoil, more common, and slower firing alternative to the MP5 with more primitive ironsights.

Hunting Knife as a Weapon; Damage the same as crowbar but faster and shorter range, CAN STEALTH KILL PLAYERS FROM BEHIND.

.22 Semi Auto Rifle: Weakest firearm, but ammo is plentiful and its very accurate with essentially no recoil, can kill zombies and players with a headshot, other than that, unless shooting a rabbit or chicken, expect to make ALOT of body shots to kill anything, should have a scoped variant too (maybe a Ruger 10/22). Has both 10 round stick mags and a 25 round "banana clip" available.

Ruger MK3 Silenced .22 pistol; VERY VERY quiet .22 pistol, is just as weak as the .22 rifle but with MUCH shorter range, small ammo capacity, but great accuracy within its effective range and still no recoil. Expect only headshots as the only viable way to kill zeds/players.

Baseball Bat

Bat with nails in it

Rope; Hang dead players from trees as a trophy and/or scare off/warn other players in the area.

Machete

Bayonets: Attachment for various long guns that allow it to be an effective melee weapon as well (since Dayz Standalone has weapon customization.).

Edited by FrankDaTank1218
  • Like 2

Hey, would love to see something like boxing/weaponless figthing. Maby brass knuckles to find, so that you can make your unarmed attacks a little more powerfull.

A Slingshot would be nice, that has invinate ammo (rigthklick "search ammo for slingshot" makes you take 5 small stones, as mag for it from the ground) and makes no noise.

Sniper air rifle, weakest sniperrifle, with nearly no sound and no smoke from the gunshot.

Combine empty whiskeybottle with a little gas and an bandage, voila Molotov cocktail.

Sword, strongest melee weapon, makes everyone a oneshot no matter where you hit.

It would be nice to see as someone above mentioned less military or to better put it, ex military weapons, such as: Misin-Nagant 91/30, SKS Simonov, maybe Mauser 98K, Arisaka Type 38, Springfield M1903, FN 49, Gewerh 43/ K43...

And maybe this as well ... MP-446 'Viking' as Ukraine is near SSSR nice add on to the family would be Fort 12 or any of his brothers as well as: H&K USP/Match, FN Browning HP modern, Walther P99, H&K UMP-45, FN P90, H&K MP7A1, AK-108 (5.56x45 NATO)...

Just a few this time ;)

Edited by >S.T.A.L.K.E.R.<

General Suggestions

- Make certain types of ammunition rarer

-- Mainly just DMR mags, they spawn everywhere for no apparent reason

- Don't prefer stupid cliche'd Romero-esque weapons

-- Like chainsaws, hatchets, sawn-off shotguns, and bolt actions.

-- Military weapons are commonplace in the world and shouldn't be stricken as so many people have been crying for.

-- Make military weapons rarer and civilian weapons more viable, but don't prefer either one... just make them have a realistic distribution

-- In many countries, there is an increasingly blurred line between civilian/military weapons.

-- Nobody's saying sniper rifles and thermal/NV weapons should be commonplace, but an AR or AK shouldn't be god's gift to man...

- Mk 12 SPR

-- Low-damage sniper rifle

-- Already in ARMA

- Make Flares/Cans/Bottles/Chemlights useful, by having them be craftable with "trip wire"

-- You'd need the above as an ingredient as well as some sort of wire as an ingredient, simple... when a zombie/player crosses a trip wire... the item goes off.

-- Purely used for perimeter notification, shouldn't be combinable with grenades (opinion)

Most of the other suggestions are already spoken for and/or already being implemented and some of the above probably are too.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

Add grind stone for your hunting/combat knife (if you gut an animal with dull knife you got less meat, and with sharpened more).

Good hunting.

I like your style. I would only add that a strop is better than a wetstone (IMDO) and all you need is a leather belt, a bit of soil, and some spit to keep your knife skinning sharp. With a grind stone (maybe you meant wetstone) you remove too much steel and it's too easy to ruin your edge geometry. I'm being a nitpicky know-it-all, aren't I? I'll shut up now.

Remember; sharpen once, hone forever.

Hey all, this is my first post and i would like to make a disclaimer before you read this. I have not played DayZ. I intend to purchase the standalone when it is available, and when i have a proper gaming computer. (last one crapped out, it served me well but was pretty much obsolete last year)

That being said, ive watched Sidestrafe's and FrankieonPC's series, and I have an affection for survival/horrors that grew out of the STALKER series or me. I do not play many "Zombie" games though as most of them seem cheesey. This one though, even with the bugs in the mod, still looks absolutely fantastic.

SO. Weapons.

This is a former Soviet Republic and so, civilian weapons from the region should be available.

From what i understand, at some point, ammunition will be able to be loaded into magazines meaning there may just be ammo spawns in loot piles. (instead of pikcing up magazines for various 12 Ga. shotguns which all fire 12 Ga. shells just pick up the ammo. Maybe have 2 3/4inch and 3 inch shells(being more powerful) or create compatibility issues with that?

I know some are military weapons but in the states these can all be considered civilian as well.

Mosin Nagant (7.62x54r)

Yarygin PYa/MP443 (9x19mm)

TOZ 34 overunder shotgun (12Ga. 2 3/4inch only)

WASR 10 (Romanian Export, semi-auto only, civilian AK rifle) (7.62x39)

Saiga Rifles (7.62x39)

SKS (7.62x39)

Maybe some relics like the TT33 or CZ52 (7.62x25mm)

For military weapons, maybe replacing one of the belt-fed LMGs with a magazine fed RPK-74(5.45x39mm) or replace it with another belt-fed PKP Pecheneg(7.62x54r which could have ammo compatibility with the mosin nagant, not magazine compatibility though, of course. lol)

Add a Skorpion(9x18mm) to compete with the PDW in terms of automatic sidearms.

Replace or add M24 with SV98(7.62x54r)? It would have compatibility with Mosin Nagant ammo.

A new round could be introduced into the game with the Mosin Nagant, Pecheneg, and SV 98. (7.62x54r)

Same goes for the CZ52 and TT33 (7.62x25mm)

And a change to shotgun shell types could be interesting. 3 inch and 2 3/4 inch shells and have them free float instead of being in mags specifically for this or that shotgun. Basically, a universal quiver system?) If one shotgun has the ability to take 3 inch shells it should be able to take 2 3/4 inch shells with reduced stopping power but the inverse is not true for ones that can only take 2 3/4 shells.

Im sure this is just a rehash of what others have said but i figured it wouldnt hurt to bump these suggestions.

And take it with a grain of salt, i have never played the mod.

EDIT: I see i was wrong about the way shotgun shells were organized right now in the game, but regardless, different shell types would still be interesting.

Edited by John Redcorn

Wow you guys.

I feel out of the loop. I know only one type of firearm.....Gun.

But my input is simply, what type of guns/weapons could be feasibly found in Chernarus? Would American weapons be common? British? Or would it solely be East European?

I dunno, you guys know more than me.

:beans:

DemonGroover ,eastern euro would be most common, just because you are where they are made. next would be anything overseas as well . US weapons and other NATO kit would probably be somewhat common but less common the more modern the weapon variant. ex- youd find an ak before an m16a4 with attachments. Also lmgs, snipers and explosive weapons would be harder to find as well .

Im stating this because russians over there might prefer or simply have our weapons and others. you never know what youll find in a combat AO.

• Like 2

Good idea .. no perfect idea only dont forget you will expose your position not only by the sight of smoke but the light given of could be seen at distance. I say implement smokes

Problem is as soon as you put smokable cigarettes in a game all the Censorship Boards will get twitchy - especially here in Oz.

Hacking people to death, shooting them in the head - acceptable

Smoking or sex - unacceptable.

• Like 1

Should remove all weapons that have add on like M16A4 and/or make all add on removable/attachable so you can take red dot from one gun and install it on other if gun has rails for that purpose. Make scopes, suppressors, vertical grips, grenade launchers, laser pointers, target assist, range finders, NV optics, Buttocks rare found items that can be mounted on guns (if guns have rails)

Add duct tape and ability to duct 2 mags together for faster reload to patch up a suit and for temporary repair of common stuff etc. Add drums, AKM has 45 round mags, 75 round mags, 100 round mags etc. , Make ability to hand reload a mag, from one mag to another to fill it up so I don't need to throw away mag with 6 bullets.

Make all equipment deteriorate with use and time, like gillie suit, add body armors like military and police crowd control (U know, with helmets and that plastic shields) add ceramic plates to be added to body armors (all of this deteriorate with time and if hit by player/zed), add weight to character so that if you carry much fatigues faster and takes longer to rest, makes movements louder etc. add 1-3 different NV goggles, add military equipment like helmets and full uniforms/body armors, add combat vest, so that character starts with only limited space in inventory and with combat vest it expands slots for ammo carrying, bandages and side equipment like hunting knifes, axe, canteens etc.

Add grind stone for your hunting/combat knife (if you gut an animal with dull knife you got less meat, and with sharpened more). Add bayonets and ability to mount them on corresponding weapons for use in close combat, (something like using hatchet).

Add PDA's so player can have interactive map (only if he has GPS) so player can track his movement and pinpoint locations of interest, add notifications etc. Add medication painkillers/antibiotics/blood bags etc. time to start working and if not properly dosed side effects from too many pills or return of pain/infection if dose is to small etc.

Add that consuming caned food and sodas (Pepsi/cola) you get hungry/thirsty faster as in RL, only proper hunger and thirst can be sated with meat and water, this will add on people looking for more cans/sodas or to hunt and replenish their canteens.

Add uses on antibiotics/painkillers with random 3 different number of pills spawned inside of the box, add use on matches, I think that 40 uses on one matches box is more than enough, add zippo that can be filled with lighter fluid to be continuously used, add cleaning/maintenance kit for weapons and equipment alike, it also has use... all items should have use... nothing lasts forever...

That is from me for now, if I think of something else ill write it down ;)

Good hunting.

that all sounds good but dont you think you should have cleaning kits to keep firearms functioning without jams or failures. if you dont clean carbon buildup out of weapons over time they can deteriorate like anything else. even worse depending on what the weapons exposed to in the environment.

good hunting too marked one

Wow you guys.

I feel out of the loop. I know only one type of firearm.....Gun.

But my input is simply, what type of guns/weapons could be feasibly found in Chernarus? Would American weapons be common? British? Or would it solely be East European?

I dunno, you guys know more than me.

:beans:

In "Chernarus", the sky's the limit for weapons because it's a fictional location. We'd need to establish why NATO is involved (hence why we're seeing UH-1Y's crashing and dropping American/British weaponry).

If you're equating Chernarus directly with Eastern Europe, we'd be liable to see a variety of AK's modern and old, SKS, Mosin-Nagants, various shotguns, etc. Also, on the military end, we'd be likely to see PKM's, RPD's, SVD Dragunov's, as well as a whole myriad of variants.

British and American weapons should be fairly rare in Chernarus regardless, however, the extent of that rarity would have to be based on NATO's involvement in containing the zombie outbreak... or whatever, we don't really have lore to base it on. But, like I've said previously... all of this talk about getting rid of military weapons and replacing it with civilian weapons is just ludicrous. Assault rifles are commonplace in the civilian realm in many countries, even those who have strict firearm laws. Assault rifle, in this case, can mean a semi-automatic AR... it doesn't mean a full-blown automatic M4A1 with an ACOG and PEQ.

Long story short, an AK or an AR in every other town shouldn't be a surprise... nor should it be god's gift to man.

EDIT - OH! Suggestion, put loot in containers (Wardrobes, Gun Cabinets, Fridges, etc)... not just in conveniently arranged piles on the floor...

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 2

New stuff in games is always cool. i would love to see more weapons and rare weapons, but the most important part should be that it feels right for the game. Some people here are demanding weapons like the AN-94. It is a lovley weapon and i prefer it over many other assault rifles in BF3 but it is not a weapon you should find in Chernarus.

While i was playing dayz - 1,5 monts ago - there always was this type of player: Ghillie suit, nvgs, m4silenced, rangefinder, as50 / dmr and so on. My equipe at the moment looks pretty much the same. Now think about how much this would weight on your shoulders. The AS50 alone weights about 14 Kg! With the M4 and other stuff this survivor is running around with 35 Kg. Would be believable if he is working for the SAS.

The next problem. Who would want to carry 2 big huge weapons around + sidearm? I tell you only Arnold Schwarzeneger would! The whole idea of putting a second mainweapon in a "backpack" is so stupid. It should only be possible to carry 1 rifle (assault/sniper).

Sniperrifles are the next problem i have with the current state of the game. Generally sniping is way to easy. It should not be possible to hit any target at a distance of 200 m while standing wiht a scoped sniper. I know what i am talking about because i did shoot many rounds in reallife. You need to have a good spot, where you can sit or lay down for shooting on long ranges. If you shoot a rifle while standing and you miss the target, the recoil forces you to spot the target again. I could go on forever, but you get the idea. sniping is to easy. Fix the machanics and make it more difficult.

The next and last thing i would love to see is that you have to calibrate weapons you find. Given the whole situation it is unlikely to find all weapons in a perfect state. Cleaning, calibrating your firearm should be possible, like fieldstripping the gun, taking a look into the barrel to see if it is already rusty and so on. Furthermore i would love to see some simple attachements. like flashlights and scopes.

so long Rudson.

• Like 1