#BASEDGOD

The one and only: Hackers rustled my jimmies thread.

You know what I like? That your inv + ALICE pack have around 32 spaces and that your discription of your "items" without me counting the G17 (which is about 6-8 spaces) might explaining this?

I'm not trying to be a dick' date=' this is just how it is.

I know that same pain dude, I've literally been shaking in anger after a few deaths, at how stupid they were. But, you hit respawn, and start over.

That's DayZ.

(My last death I had ghillie, coyote pack, m4a3 cco, dmr, pdw, all the equipment besides nvg/rangefinders, more bloodpacks/meds than I could use, trust me, I know what it feels like to lose gear)

[/quote']

Shaking in anger? Yeah, that describes it.

sorry to hear you lost your 3 day worth of kilobytes but how do you know "they" can do it for debug ocean ?

Don't you love that false feeling of security hope and assurance in bug infested universe of Dayz?

Giving everyone a permanent parachute for now would at least be a tiny band-aid while the larger problems are dealt with.

So today I decided to watch twitch.tv to see some dayz action. What I find is Vipeax allowing LARIKK to loot "Hacked loot boxes" Not only that but when a hacker kills LARIKK the dev just simply respawned him with the hacked loot again. This game is shameful that you would let a dev allow others to do this. The sad part? The devs can't even figure out if the loot is hacked in or not.

God damnit, search mother fucker!

Also, video or it didn't happen.

Disregard, thread moved by a mod because they're on top of shit here.

Oh god...script kiddies....I forgot about that term. Good times. I have no problem dying for any reason in this game atm again because it is an alpha. I trust in the devs to make my deaths worth their weight in beans!...Wow I am not making any sense.

This has gone from a select few incidents to being widespread and rampant across all servers. Basically, people with the capability to do this are joining a server, killing everybody, and then hopping to another server to repeat the process.

At this point, hundreds of players have lost their stuff. Accept that your items are gone forever; it takes significant effort from a developer to give you your gear back, and a global rollback would cause more equipment loss than it would restore.

Solving security exploits is not a trivial problem in software development. The way ARMA II's networking component handles things may need to be entirely thought out depending on the severity of the security holes. Because of the amount of time that has passed since this became a problem, I think it is fair to assume that this is a major problem that will require considerable time and effort to hunt down and patch.

EDIT: Oh good, just saw that rocket commented. Things probably aren't quite as bleak as I've made them out to be, glad to see that you guys aren't in the "taking shots in the dark" stage.

No1 care about you unless you play on dallas 4 the devs friend server where they will spawn tents for you filled with items and tell you when the cars are spawning and where they spawn.

Your not a dev friend and your not on dallas 4 so you wont get shit back.

Me and my friend just had our first run-in with a hacker about 2 hours ago on UK4. The entire server got thrown into the air and killed. Didnt catch the name unfortunately.

Me and my friend just had our first run-in with a hacker about 2 hours ago on UK4. The entire server got thrown into the air and killed. Didnt catch the name unfortunately.

I was killed by that too, then headed back to my body and was shortly after killed by a guy driving a tank...

The fuck is going on lol

Hacking has reached pandemic proportions.

Soon you will see why this is a very, very good thing.

Soon you will see why this is a very' date=' very good thing.

[/quote']

i blame you, you have not given them anything new to bitch about (too many Zs night is too dark etc etc etc...)

Soon you will see why this is a very' date=' very good thing.

[/quote']

Without global chat, we have trouble knowing whether people are hacking...

For example, I was just on a server where ~20 people died in the course of 5 minutes. Then my friend died. We had no idea of knowing how these people were dying, but it seems likely it was due to hacking.