#BASEDGOD

The one and only: Hackers rustled my jimmies thread.

Ive lost tons of gear in the past 3-4 days to this shit too. People bashing the OP need to realize the frustration people get from fucknuts who go around griefing people. And the OP wasn't demanding anything he asked to please fix the hacking.

We all know its not that easy. And the data collected right now is going to be very useful in the future as I see a lot of butthurt hackers in the near future not able to join any Arma2 games. Right now they are bypassing BE, but its all still being logged. Infact, this dev team has a handle on hacking more so than most dev teams out there. Im sure it will be taken care of in time.

That would be correct. I'm always interested in what can be done to a game but when i first started arma it seemed like battle eye had stopped all hackers for the longest time. Actually tho as in all games there was the elite few who knew how to do that never shared. Ive found or done many things people didnt know how to or where to find it and never shown it. This includes everything glitches, exploits, cheats, but then you get the people who want to show off how cool they are or rep and they show it off. At first it was just getting guns and vehicles. Now as ive been reading people are doing all kinds of things that ruins everyones fun. there is multiple ways of doing it. The way im figureing peole are doing it is so viral i bet that if i told rocket he would be like " Yea google told me, because its every where! Rocket if you dont know ill send you links.

P.s. this isnt extortion but if i show you the stuff will you make my char a female again? i miss her and my friends miss starring at her ass on long runs lol. (._. ) sigh. Like i said ill give one way or the other just hopefull.

Where do you see any loud-mouth demands in my post.

Well, gee, lets start with the subject line. Do something "already" implies an impatient demand for immediate action - a lack of patience and understanding that researching these issues are more important than fixing them right now.

Then "This game is going to shit" is pretty loud-mouthed if you ask me, no?

Then "i just refuse to play this game anymore" like okay? Then fuck off. You're here specifically to test and find issues like this and yet as soon as you run into them you bugger off and stop playing? Then you're worthless to the devs as a tester.

Then you wrap it up with another appeal to impatience, "do it before this game turns into..."

So, yeah. Is that not enough?

Battle Eye is Battle Eye no matter what. The difference is that regular Arma II servers run on a separate dedicated server than DayZ. Having the benefit of one global database increases the chances tremendously of finding hackers and banning them.

Where do you see any loud-mouth demands in my post.

Well' date=' gee, lets start with the subject line. Do something "already" implies an impatient demand for immediate action - a lack of patience and understanding that researching these issues are more important than fixing them right now.

Then "This game is going to shit" is pretty loud-mouthed if you ask me, no?

Then "i just refuse to play this game anymore" like okay? Then fuck off. You're here specifically to test and find issues like this and yet as soon as you run into them you bugger off and stop playing? Then you're worthless to the devs as a tester.

Then you wrap it up with another appeal to impatience, "do it before this game turns into..."

So, yeah. Is that not enough?

[/quote']

Well, I see you've never learned about good HR or player retention.

Being a fucking asshole to someone with an issue with hackers is not the way to go about it. You are just as worthless to the devs since player retention is just as if not more important than ironing our every single bug.

The majority of the Arma 2 community had always a higher average age than in other games, thats the reason not many hackers were around. In addition it is a niche game since the masses dont play simulation games, Dayz beeing more and more attractive to the masses draws attention to those who love to hack.

The issue is that only one hacker can destroy the fun for all players on one server since they invest a lot of time for their characters. This is even a bigger impact than in other game modes playing Arma 2.

I feel your pain bro, luckily it haven't happened to me as of yet.

But please keep in mind this is a mod which means its free, therefore Rocket does not NEED to do anything about this. Even if we did pay him for this game he does not NEED to do anything.

Still, I'm very sure Rocket are looking in to this as we speak, actually hes mentioned he is several times. Just be patient, its nothing you solve in a matter of minutes, needs time.

It's good to see that the issues concerning hackers, be it spawning illegal weapons or mass-killing servers (something I've had happen to me), are being logged and looked at. This is Alpha, and it's good to get this stuff nailed earlier rather than later.

And when Rocket's hammer of retribution falls on the guilty parties, I look forward to feasting on their tears as they take to the forums crying as to how they can no longer play DayZ because they've been perma-banned.

Well' date=' I see you've never learned about good HR or player retention.

Being a fucking asshole to someone with an issue with hackers is not the way to go about it. You are just as worthless to the devs since player retention is just as if not more important than ironing our every single bug.

[/quote']

We're not players, we're testers. If you are not comfortable with that concept, go away and come back later.

I feel your pain bro' date=' luckily it haven't happened to me as of yet.

But please keep in mind this is a mod which means its free, therefore Rocket does not NEED to do anything about this. Even if we did pay him for this game he does not NEED to do anything.

Still, I'm very sure Rocket are looking in to this as we speak, actually hes mentioned he is several times. Just be patient, its nothing you solve in a matter of minutes, needs time.

[/quote']

It is not a problem with Dayz since it is just a mod for Arma 2. The game itself, Arma 2, has probably security issues and Iam sure they are working on it. Seems like some did find a way to bypass Battleye protection.

Hey OP, how much did you pay for DayZ?

I just need some details for customer support.

We're not players' date=' we're testers. If you are not comfortable with that concept, go away and come back later.

[/quote']

This, this, a hundred times this.

I know it's frustrating (it's happened to me), but we are testing an Alpha build. Better these things come out now and get patched out before a release version.

Nothing... this is a arma 2 battleeye problem. All they can do is ban people but it isn't to hard to come right back.

Legitimate issue. Important issue.

As I said in the other post, take comfort that the issue has now become such a great threat, that those doing the hacking are so obvious, that it has been highlighted and made the moves necessary to solve the problem.

Nothing else I can really discuss, yet.

Legitimate issue. Important issue.

As I said in the other post' date=' take comfort that the issue has now become such a great threat, that those doing the hacking are so obvious, that it has been highlighted and made the moves necessary to solve the problem.

Nothing else I can really discuss, yet.

[/quote']

You're one zen-like dude. I've no idea how you get the patience.

I've been talking to my friends and he said that the devs have no idea what's going on. He's tried to help Rocket with this issue but gets ignored. Yesterday I saw Dev playing with Puddin on twitch.tv ALL of the players but one had duped items. Funny thing was the dev checked the dupers gear and was only able to see the radio he had was duped......

You guys have no clue on how to fix it permanently and refuse help from those that can honestly help you fix it. I think I'll stay away from this game until you get the help you need.

Cry Alpha all you want but at this point if it's not addressed first you will lose all your player base and they will never come back. Don't even try to tell me this is wrong as I've been alpha and beta testing games since 1999...... I've seen it time and time again.

First: Fix the hacks.

Second: Stable working client

Third: Content!

Crying Alpha on a game that Anyone can download and play wont work. You have to many people playing the game right now and you will just keep losing them to hackers if it's not fixed first.

You're one zen-like dude. I've no idea how you get the patience.

*shrug*

There's not really an alternative I guess. Give up?

I do feel terrible because people's otherwise good experiences are being ruined. And the hackers are doing what they do because there is a gap in the game/mod. So we have fix that. I could yell and scream and moan all I want but it's not going to do anything.

I have a degree of respect for the true hacker. What has happened here though, is the master's craftsmanship has ended up in the hands of those who couldn't otherwise wield it. I don't have respect for those people, and they'll get the surprise that they deserve.

But hacking will always be an ongoing problem. That the issue has received such great visibility so early in development is a positive sign. Obviously this is cold comfort to those affected, but the only other option is to give up really.

It's getting bad now.

Last night, my friends and I ran into not 1, but 3 groups of players, fully loaded with every single tool you can get. Even the toolbox, which doesn't even spawn in the game anymore. The only way to have it is to hack it in.

The only reason we did not die to any of these guys is because my friend had night vision goggles that we stole off a dead body in Cherno and we were smart enough to throw flares and blind the punks.

We dropped a guy named "sniper_friendly" TWICE, within a 5 minute span, north of Stary Sobor who had every tool, M4A1 SD CCO, tons of ammo.

It's just a little ridiculous right now. I am excited about the changes to DCing during a fire fight and I hope they can address the ghosting issue as well.

Sorry if i came off as an asshole but me and my squad are just tired of scavenging for hours only to end up in the air. Now they refuse to play because of it and i have noone to team up with (solo in this game sucks).

I cannot wait until perma bans come along for player IDs and IP addresses.

That day will be a holiday.

Holy hot bowl of shit please just search. You don't even need to use the function, your eyes will suffice. There are like 2 other threads in the last 15 minutes on this topic, both of which have polite responses from the lead dev...

Stop now, okay?

Please?

People can have toolboxes still if they have been alive since they stopped spawning. I know this because i still have one. They can also have a camp setup with several nice weapons in and easily re-arm after respawning.

Unless they spawned a tank on your head or shot you all in the face the same second, i wouldnt jump to conclusions so fast and scream hackers YOUR ALL HAX0rs so fast

On Seattle 26 server someone mentioned a hacker and said "Fly like an eagle" too