venthos

DayZ Redux - DayZ purist focused custom DayZ Mod (Formerly DayZ DIAF)

as i said - had nothing strange in second incident. I had no chance when you revealed me :)

Cool man, sounds like I missed out your green Scoda though, got the fuck out of dodge after all that.

How long does it usually take to get white listed here? I was just reading back some pages and I see people have been waiting a week or more? :o

How long does it usually take to get white listed here? I was just reading back some pages and I see people have been waiting a week or more? :o

Venthos is probably busy getting the EU server up and running I'm sure he'll get you whitelisted soon as possible , this mod is well worth the wait

Venthos is probably busy getting the EU server up and running I'm sure he'll get you whitelisted soon as possible , this mod is well worth the wait

Wow! That would be just nice!

Most people I know have been whitelisted within an hour or two.

Don't forget time zones too though. Venthos is in the US. Gotta give him time to get home from work etc...

If you are still waiting to be whitelisted after a few days I would resend the info.

But as has already been mentioned, Venthos will also be busy setting up the EU server for us.

I passed out pretty hard last night from the week's events (the 3-day company convention I went to). Upon waking up, I had 96 emails. Almost ally were DayZ Redux related.

Whitelist requests have been handled/responded to.

Inbox cleared again.

The longest time someone has waited for a whitelist response would be to the tune of a few hours (mostly due to my requiring that 'sleep' thing, hehe).

ATTENTION FOLKS WAITING ON THE EU SERVER.

Please fill out this form to dictate the timezone and some select options about the server:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dDZZZHZjV29hYzN3dlhGRnppZml3YkE6MQ

This poll will be left up until I get at least a sizable response or a few hours go by. I should have the EU server up immediately following the poll's close.

If you're planning on transferring your character from the US server to the EU server, you will need to wait until the EU server is setup and live. This is because I am NOT copying the entire database over, but I will be manually "killing' (setting dead) the US player and copying its contents over top your naked EU server player on a per-request basis. Accordingly, you will need to have logged in at least once to the EU server before you will have that 'empty profile' I can copy stuff into.

Server is 40/40 and hard to get in :P. congratulations on getting it full

I'd boost it higher, but the loot system seems to be straining a bit right now until the load. Which, is weird, since reports say desync isn't an issue and the server is quite underutilized CPU/MEM wise. I need to figure that out (if it can be figured out) before I increase it.

GMT -6? thats what I did, and only because i get home from work at like 6 oclock so time i play will be like 12 in the afternoon server time (:

Awwwww I can see the EU server now :D altho its currently locked So close... yet so far away lol

WAYPOINTS

Don't Care (4) 13%

Yes (12) 39%

No (15) 48%

CROSSHAIRS

Don't Care (4) 13%

Yes (7) 23%

No (20) 65%

Waypoints will be off, Crosshairs will be off (and I actually just turned off crosshairs on the US server as well)

There was some disparity in the timezone choice, but the heaviest choices were between GMT-1 to GMT-5. I ended up on balancing it out at GMT-3 as a result.

At this point the server is essentially brand new and ready to go. However, I am leaving in less than an hour to go to a friend's birthday party. And... when I tried to turn on the whitelister it's erroring out about not being a valid win32 application. Since the OS provided on the EU box is Win2003 server and the US box is Win2008 server, I have to imagine that's related. Hopefully it can be worked out, otherwise the EU server won't be able to utilize whitelisting and will need to use some sort of rotating password, which would be a much shittier method of allowing people into game since you can't account for everyone who is joining.

Anyway, the EU box will be up if/when I can get that figured out with the whitelisting.

EDIT: I fully expect to adjust the timezone again after people realize what time it actually translates to in game. It starts to get dark at 7PM game time and light at 4AM game time regardless of real world lighting. I'll do another poll in a week of the server being up, though, and we'll re-assess.

EDIT #2: I also will be opening up donations eventually, since I cannot afford to pay/justify paying $265/month (EU + US servers combined) for DayZ. I just don't want to do so before I feel the mod is a bit more stable. The last thing I want is for someone to feel jipped out of their money, even if it is a donation. The server-side loot mechanism is just a bit troublesome right now and starts to break down (take much longer to cycle) once more people get online. This doesn't make sense given how much of the server is underutilized during this time, so it's more so of a script logic issue I imagine than a resource issue.

Edited by Venthos

Can anyone else not get past "Waiting for Character to create?"