venthos

DayZ Redux - DayZ purist focused custom DayZ Mod (Formerly DayZ DIAF)

Having a lucky time on here it seems... Great haul already!

http://cloud.steampo...77C860CA434D6A/

EDIT: The CZ550 & M24 both use zeroing... SVD camo doesnt, DMR doesnt. I personally have a much harder time hitting anything with the SVD & DMR compared to the CZ and M24

Sup bro, very nice stash you have there. It's a shame that it's pretty much all gone though. I saw you and someone else in that HUEY flying above the airfield, I was alone in the chopper so I wasn't able to take you out. You then decided to shoot at me instead and we had a nice little helicopter chase for around 30 minutes. You haven't hit a single bullet on me even though it was a nice try emptying around 3 mags on me. Later you started shooting my friend in the UAZ down at the airfield and I tried to kamikaze fly into you to scare you off. I then chased you instead, turned around and you chased me again.

After a while of chasing around I saw you and your pilot trying to land near your camp. You went nose down into the trees on my screen because apparently your pilot got disconnected (?). Your chopper blew up and we decided to check your camp out. Looted your body (thanks for the coyote pack and the rangefinders). Then we made your little bird helicopter get stuck in a tree and make it all red. We blew up your V3S (emptied your M249 SAW mags in it), your blue GAZ and we left the white sedan because why not.

Atleast you still have your white sedan you can use. Thanks for the amazing night and you should probably consider not shooting at me next time, I'd probably leave your camp alone.

(If you don't believe it was me, it was stashed at 081050. Everything's gone there now anyway so if other players decide to go there, there's no point).

Much love from remkoe and Robin

EDIT: I really wish I took screenshots but we were afraid that your pilot might have logged back in and killed us, so we left immediately after trashing your camp.

Edited by remkoe

Me and Remkoe recently trashed that camp :P. Too bad someone killed me shortly after that. I had an UAZ, a rangefinger, 4 GPS, a Coyote BP and a few guns with me :(.

Me and Remkoe recently trashed that camp :P. Too bad someone killed me shortly after that. I had an UAZ, a rangefinger, 4 GPS, a Coyote BP and a few guns with me :(.

Sorry about that, was tired of walking.

But hey, if you want most of it back, I could arrange it for you to pick most of it back.

I'd trade an ATV and a tent for most of it.

Edited by Axelord FTW

I haven't look into six updater. Does it permit folks to contribute to it? I shall look into it. I wouldn't mind if DayZ Commander supported it. But I somehow doubt he'd add in support for a mod that's run on a single server ;)

Pretty sure you can.. Takistan and lingor are on it..

Edited by grilldress

Sorry about that, was tired of walking.

But hey, if you want most of it back, I could arrange it for you to pick most of it back.

I'd trade an ATV and a tent for most of it.

Thanks for the offer, but I think that I will be fine. Getting too tired to play now and I will probably be able to gear up pretty fast the next time I log on.

Sup bro, very nice stash you have there. It's a shame that it's pretty much all gone though. I saw you and someone else in that HUEY flying above the airfield, I was alone in the chopper so I wasn't able to take you out. You then decided to shoot at me instead and we had a nice little helicopter chase for around 30 minutes. You haven't hit a single bullet on me even though it was a nice try emptying around 3 mags on me. Later you started shooting my friend in the UAZ down at the airfield and I tried to kamikaze fly into you to scare you off. I then chased you instead, turned around and you chased me again.

After a while of chasing around I saw you and your pilot trying to land near your camp. You went nose down into the trees on my screen because apparently your pilot got disconnected (?). Your chopper blew up and we decided to check your camp out. Looted your body (thanks for the coyote pack and the rangefinders). Then we made your little bird helicopter get stuck in a tree and make it all red. We blew up your V3S (emptied your M249 SAW mags in it), your blue GAZ and we left the white sedan because why not.

Atleast you still have your white sedan you can use. Thanks for the amazing night and you should probably consider not shooting at me next time, I'd probably leave your camp alone.

(If you don't believe it was me, it was stashed at 081050. Everything's gone there now anyway so if other players decide to go there, there's no point).

EDIT: I really wish I took screenshots but we were afraid that your pilot might have logged back in and killed us, so we left immediately after trashing your camp.

HA! Yea... Pilot DC, I eject and survive... Chopper lands on top of me! GRRRR

Anyway GW... CiTRON was logging in as you were leaving, he saw you leave :P

It's incredibly hard to aim that bloody gun. 90% of the shots were 300m+ so it wasnt easy. I had less than 50 bullets, from 600... hahahaah

Edited by LHShift

HA! Yea... Pilot DC, I eject and survive... Chopper lands on top of me! GRRRR

Anyway GW... CiTRON was logging in as you were leaving, he saw you leave :P

: D

You whitelisted me 9 minutes after I emailed, install worked perfect first time with no errors, 9 people already online, great frames, very quick load times (I'm in New Zealand), all in all it looks amazing, thank you.

I will be back later tonight for some serious gaming :D

Choppers are great! Except when you haven't got one.

Is it possible to make the choppers use different fuel than the cars and boats? Making aviation fuel only available at the airfields could make refuelling potentially very dangerous. Perhaps you could put the fuel truck in as well? For refuelling away from the airfields? Fuel truck still needs to be refilled at airfield?

IMO some sort of mechanic needs to be introduced to reduce vehicle hoarding. I would like to see people using them more and hiding them less. Am I jealous? Yes I am.

• Like 1

Choppers are great! Except when you haven't got one.

Is it possible to make the choppers use different fuel than the cars and boats? Making aviation fuel only available at the airfields could make refuelling potentially very dangerous. Perhaps you could put the fuel truck in as well? For refuelling away from the airfields? Fuel truck still needs to be refilled at airfield?

IMO some sort of mechanic needs to be introduced to reduce vehicle hoarding. I would like to see people using them more and hiding them less. Am I jealous? Yes I am.

I like the idea of only being able to refuel at the airfields, makes more sense, and could create some great dangerous and tense refueling missions for people. Three stations, one at each of Balota, MWAF and NEAF specific for only air vehicles. Not sure about the refuel truck though, would be nice to center activity around the airfields to create some danger and action, unless the truck could be made to only carry enough fuel for one refill at a time maybe?

Edited by RedNome

I have a slight suggestion that might make the mod more of that "Die in a fire" feel.

We all hate hackers, right?

We all want a fair game, based on skill to survive, right?

Well, one thing that bugs me a lot, and though it's not hacking. It might as well be. - Turning brightness and gamma up at night -

So I was wondering if it would be possible to stop them being turned up(or down) on the server?

Meaning flares, torches, chemlights would all be used more. You could even lower the spawn chance of flares to make the game that bit harder.

Just my 2 cents.

Alrighty,

Do i got the mod in the correct location for Arma but once i try and connect to the server i get to the player list then get booted out to the arma main menu screen. any idea how i can get this to work ?

The best I can say is to make sure you're setup properly client wise.

[1] If using Steam, make sure you have launched "ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead" using the "Combined Operations" selection at least one time. This preps the install as needed to play DayZ via steam.

[2] Then, make sure you have beta client 97448 installed.

[3] Go to Steam, open your Library, and right-click on "ARMA2: Operation Arrowhead". go to properties.

Click "Set Launch Options" and then enter in:

beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -skipIntro -mod=@DayZ_DIAF

Also, make sure you're running the latest beta and have copied the beta EXE from:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

TO:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\arma2oa.exe

and overwrite that file. This will make sure Steam always starts with the beta. Each time you update to a new Beta client, you'll have to copy a new arma2oa.exe over again.

Make sure @DayZ_DIAF is located at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ_DIAF

and that should be all that's needed.

Was playing just a little bit ago, and what an experience! I should have been recording, but I wasn't.

Certainly going to be playing a lot more in just a little bit. So far the server has been great.

Crashed helis still gives away smoke making you see them from miles away. Only found one so far after the patch, but it did indeed emit smoke.

Crashed helis still gives away smoke making you see them from miles away. Only found one so far after the patch, but it did indeed emit smoke.

Yea, He had confirmed this in an earlier post after the patch. They do still emit smoke, however he is currently working on a fix.

At the amazing rate he goes, it is probably done by now, and done right the first time around.

There's a thread in the forums where someone pointed out that the hide body option is ridiculous and should be replaced with the capability of dragging dead corpses so you really have to hide them somewhere if you want to cover your traces. Makes sense. And it would make it possible to drag a body somewhere safe to loot it.

Bong Squad will find you.... and we will destroy you B) Btw, real cunt move destroying all our shit, I wouldn't have even done that. I would have preferred it if you had taken everything because at least then we have a chance of actually finding it again and fucking you up, I would expect you to do the same.

We will see each other soon.

TLDR: You're a cunt

If Venthos will get to the point of running 2 servers, disabling crosshairs and 3d on one of them, will greatly add to the immersion..

P.S. After writing this comment, i realised that wasn't what I wanted to say really, its just me never playing on this kind of servers.

All in all, its great that some guys not just shitting around on the forums about things that they want or whatever, but making these things come real. Hope, that some good ideas like chloroform and others, from this Venthos mod will find their way to standalone and help us to enjoy our gameplay till december or whatever it would be released..

Also with pings around 200, its still quite playable for me on the other side of the world.. Cuz i dont know will it be that popular, to run into multiple servers hussle..

Edited by theanes

Damn you guy near NE airfield in the middle of the night! You messed me and my friend up and made me crash the van! Twice! *shakes fist*

My friends and I made a proposal where we would provide funds if he set up an EU server, or us getting the premission to host a server of our own with his mod.

Not a fan of first person at all, talking about deal breakers, that would probably be one for me unfortunately.

But, that's entirely up to Vent to decide, it's his project, and if he feels that's for the best then so be it, I'd have to follow my advice from earlier in the thread and find somewhere else to play.