venthos

DayZ Redux - DayZ purist focused custom DayZ Mod (Formerly DayZ DIAF)

Can anyone else not get past "Waiting for Character to create?"

Confirmed. Stuck in create player menue.

I hope it didnt desync when I quit. Found some nice stuff right before this issue. Does the server restart on its own??

Edited by devilsnight

I hope it didnt desync when I quit. Found some nice stuff right before this issue. Does the server restart on its own??

Yeah , but sadly in every 8 hours. Since the Admin is not around , I think we shall wait for him.

Time zone urgh; fwiw I think it should be around GMT -6. Core playing hours are GMT 6pm-2.00am with -3 GMT really only school kids will get to play in the light. Anyone who works or only has evenings free will be stuck playing in the dark :( .

With the time set to around GMT -6 the server will also (IMHO) be more popular :D

I need to commend the souls who were in elektro the past few hours...so many of us in firefights it was one of the highlights of firefights I've ever been in....this is why the fucking mod is amazing....

And those who have my Vodnik (bsb) I am going to get it back!

Another good idea woud be to bring back old weapon damage values. Atm dayz feels like COD shooting :(. Or maybe adjust some damage ?

tumblr_m7uyv1Ldye1r92hdv.png

Edited by metalica24
  • Like 1

Sorry guys. Was just told about the server freak out (just got back home). The logs were auto-cleared back that far, but it looks like something with the hive save of a crashed vehicle freaked and it was infinitely looping and saving a crashed vehicle over and over. That's the best I can guess. The vehicle code hasn't changed since inception of the mod, so I'm not sure what would've lead to it. At least it restarted automatically still. I'll keep watch on it. I'll have to setup some alert system people can use to notify me of a downed server.

Bad news on the EU server. I had everything setup, tested, working, ready to go -- and the whitelisting application apparently doesn't work on Windows 2003 Server. It just fails to start and crashes. Doing some other mechanism like rotating passwords is just too messy and not as protective from abuse. I also had some concerns about the CPU on the box, which may have not necessarily been enough for the demands of a full 40 slot DayZ. It is only marginally better than the older US based VPS.

I may have to locate a new EU server. Going to head to bed shortly, but I wanted to explain why it went from "EU server almost ready" to no word about it. Maybe I'll be able to get it sorted by tomorrow night.

Bad news on the EU server. I had everything setup, tested, working, ready to go -- and the whitelisting application apparently doesn't work on Windows 2003 Server. It just fails to start and crashes. Doing some other mechanism like rotating passwords is just too messy and not as protective from abuse. I also had some concerns about the CPU on the box, which may have not necessarily been enough for the demands of a full 40 slot DayZ. It is only marginally better than the older US based VPS.

I may have to locate a new EU server. Going to head to bed shortly, but I wanted to explain why it went from "EU server almost ready" to no word about it. Maybe I'll be able to get it sorted by tomorrow night.

Alright , thanks for the information. Good night.

I would just like to say that this is a great mod, only problem i've had was loot not spawning, but this seemed to be resolved after a server restart, I have also recommended this to my friends and they have also requested white listing, so hopefully there will be a few more mature players running around and getting killed a lot! :rolleyes: :D

Anyone willing to help a newbie learn about the game? So far, haven't been very lucky.

This is such an open ended question I fear you're not going to get the kind of help you need in this thread mate.

The best thing you can do is take a trip over to the new player forum and have a read of the many great tutorial threads that have been created for people like yourself. Secondly, Youtube, pretty much your best resource for this. There are so many videos on there for DayZ and plenty of tutorial ones too, just take some time out to watch these.

Lastly, just play the game, die a lot (believe me, you WILL die a lot) and learn from every mistake you make, this is a hard game but at the same time the most rewarding game you'll ever play.

The loot spawn mechanic seizing up when there's 30-40 people on seems to be an ongoing issue. I made some tweaks prior to that restart which should hopefully help. It just seems like ARMA doesn't want to use different cores for the new threads it's spawning in the scripting language and therefore things are seizing up on one core when there's still plenty of cycles to go around on the other cores.

If I can't nail this down, server-side loot may just be too taxing for the mod and I will have to roll back to the vanilla DayZ spawn model. Which, is a shame. But, it may mean the difference between a 30 and 70 slot count server or some such.

The loot spawn mechanic seizing up when there's 30-40 people on seems to be an ongoing issue. I made some tweaks prior to that restart which should hopefully help. It just seems like ARMA doesn't want to use different cores for the new threads it's spawning in the scripting language and therefore things are seizing up on one core when there's still plenty of cycles to go around on the other cores.

If I can't nail this down, server-side loot may just be too taxing for the mod and I will have to roll back to the vanilla DayZ spawn model. Which, is a shame. But, it may mean the difference between a 30 and 70 slot count server or some such.

Just do what you think's best Vent, I don't think if you had to roll it back it would be a mod breaking issue tbh, if it can't be done it can't be done. I think having the player count you want and the stability to go with it is the most important thing here and then just concentrate your time on other things to enhance everyone's experience.

Anyone willing to help a newbie learn about the game? So far, haven't been very lucky.

I saw you kept dying when I was playing on sat night, I ran back to the coast to look for you, thought you might have needed some help :) I was near balata but didn't see anyone. I would be more than happy to partner up with you but I only get to play Friday and Saturday nights, so by the time I get to play again you will hopefully have a better grip on the game :)

Nome that was you up at Northeast? And did I kill you? I literally ran over the ENTIRE map trying to find a vehicle....I saw you running away from NE and I followed...hoping to get u with the grenade...but then I lost visual on you...

Nome that was you up at Northeast? And did I kill you? I literally ran over the ENTIRE map trying to find a vehicle....I saw you running away from NE and I followed...hoping to get u with the grenade...but then I lost visual on you...

Yeah man that was me, you near on gave me a bastard heart attack!

Zombies finished me off, you bust my leg and messed me up good I couldn't do a fecking thing, I think you died first?

Seriously man, my heart was beating like a fucked clock, this game...........

Who was at nwaf yesterday and killed my friend. His name is extreme. We got spotted well , almost seemed like they had thermal. I was very hidden and didnt move and got shot lol. It was nighttime. We heard a grenade. And chad was shot near our uaz. Crazy. Real heart pumping moment

Edited by devilsnight

I will be more than willing to help you out mate if I'm on, all depends on the times you play if you have skype or something send me a PM with your details

I dont think its that bad if you reset it. Stability is a must lol. Does it glitch with every littlse change?

Oh and Vent, you could have warned us you'd changed the time, logged on and it was pitch black, usually it's day break at that time :)

Vent can you consider adding more weapons to the loot tables? Like

General Military

AK_47_s

Sa-58P

Sa-58V

Bizon

Barracks

AK107

AK107- Kobra

AK107_Gl_Kobra

Ak74_GL

Sa58V_CCO_EP1