venthos

DayZ Redux - DayZ purist focused custom DayZ Mod (Formerly DayZ DIAF)

We were at 40/40 for a bit. The best I can do is ask people to bear it out for a bit. This is probably the worst timing for the mod to become this popular, as a 3-day company convention is starting for me today. The problem at hand isn't the mod itself, it's that the server is no longer able to keep up with the high volume of traffic. It needs to be more robust (I need to spend more money) but I haven't the available time with that convention occurring to order a new server and set it up.

Map wide loot cycling normally takes under 5 minutes even when we had 25-30 on. It's been over 30 minutes now and it still hasn't finished the first loot cycle. The server log is flooded with net errors from the cpu straining to make/keep connections with new logins, the server log is also flooded with BattlEye errors since BattlEye's primary server has been down for hours now and the server keeps trying to talk to it.

It's just a whirlwind of a bad situation. I won't be able to do much about it for now. Perhaps over the 3-day convention I can find some time to do some stuff or look into a new server, but it may be that the server just has to hold less people for the time being until I can get things moving again with a better server.

Well the server is ok if only about 10 people is playing with the latest patch...after that its getting more and more desync issues.

Just now on the server, loot doesn't spawn anywhere...checked industrial, villages etc. Had to give it a rest after rubberbanding and driving desync...

Seems like you are experiencing the same problems rocket had when he tried to tweak the zed count... still remember servers with over 1000 zeds and horrible lag...

Other that this the server is fantastic, and I can't wait to see whats coming next.

- Frank

It's probably going to suck for a bit until I can get the time to address this. sorry guys. Gotta head out now. I'll take a look and restart in a bit and see what's going on in the logs. I really am convinced these latest issues are just the server bogging from not having enough CPU cycles available (it's a 3-core VPS) and the BattlEye server being down causing all GUID validations to bog and exacerbate things. Loot was working great up until the restart, and there's just floods of net errors in the log now which don't relate to the mod itself.

Today/tonight might just be a wash, unfortunately, until I can get back in to check things. Poor timing for popularity with the conference going on, hehe.

i like your ideas, i'm sure i'll try, but all this writing about issues..i'll wait a bit more..

yeah me and a friend are playing right now and there has been 0 loot for the past 3-4 towns. This is no exageration. We found an ATV and have been checking the same 4 empty industrial spots for a jerry can for almost 2 hours and nothing is spawning. I have enjoyed the server very much up until now. good work.

yeah me and a friend are playing right now and there has been 0 loot for the past 3-4 towns. This is no exageration. We found an ATV and have been checking the same 4 empty industrial spots for a jerry can for almost 2 hours and nothing is spawning. I have enjoyed the server very much up until now. good work.

did you find the atv north of balota? that was mine if so :D

and what crew was a part of that helicopter stuff south of chernogorsk? I unloaded some mk48 into people around it and i think i killed the pilot while the heli was 50 feet above ground. can any of you guys confirm that?

This is the new added realism. Loot spawns once only and when gone doesnt respawn, just like real life. Pretty soon the whole area will be farmed out, ammo will run out and we will all be left with hatchets and the only available food will be from gutted animals. :D

Lets see everyone survive in that world!

did you find the atv north of balota? that was mine if so :D

and what crew was a part of that helicopter stuff south of chernogorsk? I unloaded some mk48 into people around it and i think i killed the pilot while the heli was 50 feet above ground. can any of you guys confirm that?

Didnt kill me, (was the pilot) but we were friendly man. Just got done clearing out cherno of bandits. Pretty sure we killed you as well? It was a crazy night.

I just restarted the server again. Loot never finished cycling. Battleye is still down. Things are a mess. But restarting is all I can do for the moment. On a bus right now. Please let me know if it helped at all.

Yeah that was us.....I was killed SEVERAL times by the BSB clan boys....so I alerted the crew what was up...and after finding them trying to repair the little bird....we took out the equation...it was one of the most intense firefights I've had in DayZ....

Not too mention all the firefights at the barn outside Cherno....all because the exploded medic Hummer went up in smoke....next thing u know...its a UAZ of dudes pulling up...on top of several 'shady' characters rolling in from the hills OVER and OVER with MK48 and AK fire...

Venthos...you def gotta check the logs on the guys though from like 6:30-8:00.....

Yeah that was us.....I was killed SEVERAL times by the BSB clan boys...

several 'shady' characters rolling in from the hills OVER and OVER with MK48 and AK fire..

Venthos...you def gotta check the logs on the guys though from like 6:30-8:00.....

Well large amount of us were taking a break tonight due to the massive desync issue with the server atm, we were hoping to jump on a repair a chopper and a couple of vehicles and then kill some peepas for ammo :)

Are the "shady" people you are referring to part of BSB or just randoms on the server? there is a no exploit policy in BSB so highly doubt you mean us and the vast majority of BSB I have played with even on my own server for a while now, if however evidence is found of a BSB member doing something they shouldn't I would appreciate you making contact so it could be investigated and dealt with.

On topic, Venthos mod is awesome as said but desync is a giant nightmare atm but we understand you are busy and will get round to fixing the problem, on that note you may have got a message or maybe it's a post in here from Vanity/Vanzor regarding servers? He is a quality member of BSB and is willing to help you out with both US and EU servers if you are interested in coming to some sort of agreement with him. If you are interested drop a PM and we can get you both on our TS/swap email addresses or something and sort out the terms.

2 other minor things, 4 choppers although cool seems maybe excessive atm but maybe too early to call we'll get back to you on that and is it possible to put some sort of restriction on out of bounds area? I appreciate people like their shiny cars but I also like stealing them and hate running around the entire map to not find what am looking for when I stash all my stuff on map quite fairly.

Anyways keep up the good work Venthos.

Are the "shady" people you are referring to part of BSB or just randoms on the server? there is a no exploit policy in BSB so highly doubt you mean us and the vast majority of BSB I have played with even on my own server for a while now, if however evidence is found of a BSB member doing something they shouldn't I would appreciate you making contact so it could be investigated and dealt with.

No none of the shady guys were BSB guys...although you guys were awfully ruthless to shoot unarmed people! The shady guys were guys that popped up an hour or so after we got into our firefight....btw...that whole shenanigans was just epic....thats why I play the game!

• Like 1

Yep, I quite enjoyed the firefight in cherno against BSB. Logged in, heard of the firefight, and got dropped straight into the hot zone near the church, and few minutes later, we stormed the church.

Very epic indeed. Though an hour after when all the stuff at the barn on the east side happened. We'll that was sketchy as all hell.

Killed a sniper, after being sniped, then would get sniped again, and kill that one. Then another shooter would appear to be sniping us.

Went like that over and over for about an hour.

Crazyiness, we did encounter a moment like that a few days ago with the Huey, guy would appear in door gunner seat and start blasting people...was only there on one occasion then 4 of us split off to Cherno looking for vehicle parts while 4 stayed back to defend the chopper but they had to kill same guys half a dozen times atleast was insane.

I was on TS after the church event and they dropped channel to come tell me the story which sounded pretty epic, they put up a good fight considering were cornered and out numbered plus the massive desync did help any side it seems.

Yea, I cannot wait until we encounter each other when the DeSync problems have been fixed.

That will be an interesting fight.

Sorry. Whitelisting people now. Been out all day/night at a convention, and will be similar Tue/Wed. Very inopportune timing for this to get so popular and detonate the srever. This will be fixed.

I set the server to restart every 8 hours now and updated it to beta 97771. Please continue to email/contact me as issues arise. The problem may not be solvable unless I lower the slot cap or buy a more robust server in its current state. The 3-core VPS I have just doesn't seem to be able to take a full 40 slot load.

After trying to play on the server i got the message for bad version.

You downgraded the server patch from AO beta patch 97810 to 97771?

After trying to play on the server i got the message for bad version.

You downgraded the server patch from AO beta patch 97810 to 97771?

Upgraded it from 97448 to 97771. I was going to do 97810, but DayZ Commander doesn't list that version yet and I didn't want tons of people getting "Bad Version" because DayZ commander wasn't completely up-to-date. Make sure you have 97771 or 97810 and you can connect.

The server seems to be down, just fyi.

Everyone is stuck on "Waitng for character to create"

I have no idea what's going on with that, the logs even show zombies/etc. going around. Just restarted it now. Hopefully this resolves the issue.

...the hell is going on with this thing. Nothing has changed with the mod and the server is just hating life the past 24 hours.

Maybe this will make up for some of the period of time you guys couldn't login.

A Heli Crash will be spawning at 7:03:58 game time. (just under an hour from now) according to the logs.

Venthos, It appears you are in need of a more powerful server... we had the same issues as you when we started, players desynced like crazy, endless loading etc...

I Wish you best of luck getting it on a more powerful server that can handle it.

Yeah, the little 3-core VPS can't cut it at that player count even if we were running vanilla DayZ. I just hadn't anticipated this getting so popular so quickly, and it's happening at the worst time when a 3-day company conference is starting up that I'm a part of/giving a speech at. Thu will be the earliest I can sit down and git a proper dedicated server setup for it. All I can ask is that folks have the patience to ride out this wave of terribleness until that can get sorted later this week, I may just have to temporary reduce the slot count as well. Then, we can get things going smoothly.