venthos

DayZ Redux - DayZ purist focused custom DayZ Mod (Formerly DayZ DIAF)

After my visit to Elektro just now I can say that zeds seem more aggressive and more determined to chase you down.

Didn't find any backpack at lootpiles so I really was happy to grab a czech vest pouch off some poor soul's corpse.

Elektro seemed abandoned. No signs of any other survivors there. My last time gearing up was in Cherno and I was alone there as well...except for multiple dead (non-)survivors. Where is everybody? NWAF?

@ Tommes watched your vid, lot of bodies up there yesterday so it seems to be the main hotspot at the mo just glad I found a coyote(24) and loads of stanag on the 3 bodies I found up there and got far far away.

On a side note I banjaxed my GAZ around 107-018 it's loaded with AKM's and other lovely gear free for the taking. Needs only a wheel, it's fully fuelled and has 5 full cans in the back . I'm to far away to go back for it and as a lone wolf it's to hard to defend especially now that the BSB guys have a chopper up and running

I really like the idea of adding in a barracks at the NEAF to make people spread more out instead of the usual stary/NW loot runs.

Also, i'd love to see some alteration with the smaller "useless" towns. Maybe by adding some sort of Military checkpoint? Something similar to what is by the road at balota, but in a smaller scale. Say 1-2 Deerstands and one Military tent capsuled in sandbags. Example towns that could be made more "attractive" is Gorka, Sosnovka, Staroye and Gvozdno. would keep it evenly spread around the map with a tad more concentration to the east.

This way people might actually pay former "useless" towns a visit and every once in a while be lucky enough to hit paydirt..

I like how a crash spawns every few hours, but could you make it so once it spawns a large boom sound happens to indicate that a helicopter crashed? It would be cool to faintly hear a crash sound and head off to the direction searching for it. thanks

I've asked one of my clan server admin to sen you my GUID, your mod looks interesting.

Just one small suggestion...you might consider hosting the mod files on mediafire or a similar hosting provider, downloading with 8 kb/s is a pain .

Just one small suggestion...you might consider hosting the mod files on mediafire or a similar hosting provider, downloading with 8 kb/s is a pain .

MediaFire link posted to the site :)

Yep following this thread and yes it was intence, i saw u running in front of me and was about to shoot u down , but then u threw yourself to the ground, and i was waiting for u to get back up :)

U were pretty lucky aswell as u were running back to the pbx... my friend was aiming at u with m24 but he had just sprinted so he couldnt focus the aim and u got away :)

Wormloaf

Hahahaha, that's amazing. I was indeed panicing really hard while running back to the PBX, lucky that I made it then.

1290287.jpeg

Riding my motorcycle to check out this deerstand. see 3 zeds spawn while on the way. Ok cool, gonna have to LoS them around a tree.

Climb the ladder and loot.. Nothing of significance. Look up see this, shit brix.

Alright let's see how this helps with Zombies. I may still need to do more tweaking.

0.2.2 out

[CHANGE] Adjusting some zombie spawning mechanics to lessen desync

HOTFIX from 0.2.1 to 0.2.2: http://www.dayzredux....2.2-hotfix.zip

Full mod: http://www.dayzredux.com/download/DayZRedux-0.2.2.zip

Edited by Venthos

Thanks Venthos, keep them coming you're doing an excellent job my friend.

Good news! My PM box is no longer full... from overnight. Please try your PM again or email me (email is in the MOTD/announcement of the server).

Please continue to report back any desync issues as well. 0.2.2 should at least help.

If you place a tank trap, you can turn it into another building by editing the object itself to a barracks.

Or you can compile your own map mod and be able to spawn and create everything through the editor. Pretty easy if you know what your doing

Or you can compile your own map mod and be able to spawn and create everything through the editor. Pretty easy if you know what your doing

Oh I am so hurt by your passive aggressive comment. It stings thusly! Don't worry about me and this mod, I'm having a great time. Just go on back to your SurviveDayZ thread and work on your own mod. I'm honestly really baffled by your apparent interest in me and my mod and why you keep poking your head in my thread to make your snide comments. So far it's been [1] claiming I've stolen code [2] claiming I'm incapable.

just add in golden guns at helicopter crash sites and he'll accept you

just add in golden guns at helicopter crash sites and he'll accept you

Obviously no one gets the concept of a tuxedo and golden revolver. It also only spawns 0.01% so chances are slim of getting one.

Oh I am so hurt by your passive aggressive comment. It stings thusly! Don't worry about me and this mod, I'm having a great time. Just go on back to your SurviveDayZ thread and work on your own mod. I'm honestly really baffled by your apparent interest in me and my mod and why you keep poking your head in my thread to make your snide comments. So far it's been [1] claiming I've stolen code [2] claiming I'm incapable.

Alright take it the wrong way then. It was more of a way to make it easier than trying to spawn things though a database (if you do that way).

UK server please ? The server is very laggy almost unplayable :(

PLEASE !

Why wouldnt you do this mod public ? I just dont get it..

Alright take it the wrong way then. It was more of a way to make it easier than trying to spawn things though a database (if you do that way).

I think it's understandable Vents reaction tbh after your earlier accusation in this thread and then no subsequent apology from yourself over the matter. I was also unsure how to take this latest comment of yours.