J.D

EuroGamer - Sep 2012 - DayZ Developer Presentation / Article

You are taking things too seriously mate. Go outside and talk to girls ( *hints, girls= Human beings with roundy chest, most of them)

Zombie apocalypse is a serious business. If you'd rather talk to girls than preparing yourself for the Day, then... god bless your clueless soul

You are taking things too seriously mate. Go outside and talk to girls ( *hints, girls= Human beings with roundy chest, most of them)

Funny how you bring up something completely irrelevant to the subject at hand. That's a very ignorant statement, just because he takes gaming a bit more seriously than you that you're implying he needs to go outside/talk to girls (implying to get laid). Everyone lives a different life and some just party all the time while others enjoy just the opposite. :rolleyes:

Edited by Swordfish

I can't wait smearing poo on ladders, watching bandits slip off and fall to their death.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

Hmmm...I guess my wife wouldn´t tolerate that for long. I´m quite happy with my real-life, mate.

I just have a problem with too much kiddies playing my favourite game.

Why do I hate the word POO!! Use another word other than POO, it makes you guys sound like a 5 year old! Rocket really does have passion for this game though you can see it in the interview. Not driven by money but by the success and greatness of the game he's created!!

Passion = Creativity... Were in for a treat when standalone comes out, cant wait :)

Hmmm...I guess my wife wouldn´t tolerate that for long. I´m quite happy with my real-life, mate.

I just have a problem with too much kiddies playing my favourite game.

Ha, bumped.

When's the next CoD out? Don't worry if you missed it, you'll be waiting 6 months TOPS for the next next one. Most fans of the long term idea of DayZ have been waiting forever.

In all seriousness, I hope to fuck Black Ops 2 sucks some of the idiots out of DayZ, for a while at least.

EDIT: If the last line offends you, you are indeed one of those idiots.

Edited by Chabowski
  • Like 3

Ha, bumped.

When's the next CoD out? Don't worry if you missed it, you'll be waiting 6 months TOPS for the next next one. Most fans of the long term idea of DayZ have been waiting forever.

In all seriousness, I hope to fuck Black Ops 2 sucks some of the idiots out of DayZ, for a while at least.

EDIT: If the last line offends you, you are indeed one of those idiots.

Can't miss litle opportunity to bash on COD :P

I agree Blackops2 gotta be the most pathetic attempt at ''refreshing'' COD series in whole gaming industry.Period. I would at least somewhat admire that the rotten bastards TRY to refresh the series but black ops2 and soldiers riding slow, multi ton steel horses is just (not) laughable. I mean....really?

Hope that will mean just that tiny bit less KoS, if anything.

This i'm no fan of - you will feel ill long before you get to the point of puking however with no UI you won't have a clue till you get to the end stage.

How is that? They can use sound cues...like a retching sound for one example. There are plenty of ways that cues can be given. They don't all have to be graphical.

On the score of people having to go to the toilet... it's just a matter of time before people try to spell out their name on the floor with their own excrement/shit/poo. Whatever you want to call it.

Edited by GeordieMarv

Most fans of the long term idea of DayZ have been waiting forever.

Amen brother!! So many ideas that are in this game have come up with my friends many times over the years, ALWAYS followed by, "but no one will ever make a game like that... it's too realistic, no one will play it... no video game company would take a risk like that."

All it took was one kid who grew up thinking that to do it himself. That's why I have so much faith in the project and in Rocket and so little in the copy cats. If he sticks to the core idea I don't care if it's a hit (it will be though) it will be the game I've always wanted. The copy cats aren't driven by that childish desire to see a dream realized... they're in it to please people, and sell copies. They'll have compromises, and I don't want that. But they'll appeal to others and that's great, but not me.

• Like 1

Damn after watching that video, the standalone sounds way different to the mod. Adding weapon jamming and durability, batteries for NVGs and if you shoot a guy with NVGs on it will damage them and you can't really steal them or use them well. Sounds like a good way to try combat guys who just kill for no reason or try to rob your stuff. If your gear is damaged while they attack you then it might stop them or make them think twice about killing you

Don't go for the head then. :P

I wonder what would happen if they can get DayZ out before WarZ. Will that dis-reign WarZ from having the excuse of being "the first Survival Horror MMO game"?

Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing were the first truck driving game, being first isn't always enough.

• Like 3

It'll be out between the end of October, and the end of November.

It all rides on how well 1.7.3 goes. If rocket puts it out and it fixes a lot of bugs, without adding a whole shitload of new ones, and it's stable, then he'll push the standalone out on 1.7.3 as soon as he can.

Can I see a source article?

VG247 did an interview with Dean at EuroGamer (September) but has only just uploaded it now.

• Like 1

Great update. I love watching these videos. One of the really interesting parts is to see how the ideas about the game have changed since these.

i said i was going to go to bed at 21:30 and here i am at 22:05 still watch DayZ crap on youtube. i dont own the game.

• Like 1

i said i was going to go to bed at 21:30 and here i am at 22:05 still watch DayZ crap on youtube. i dont own the game.

It is not 'crap' sir. I am quite sure you probably secretly enjoy it. ;)