DZR_Mikhail

Infected children in DayZ. Poll.

1. 1. How do you like the idea of adding zombie-children to DayZ?

• I'm against this (I have children)
    • I'm against this (I have no children)
    • I'm indifferent (I have children)
    • I'm indifferent (I have no children)
    • I would like to see it in DayZ (I have children)
    • I would like to see it in DayZ (I have no children)
  2. 2. How adding zombie-children will influence DayZ and it's core concepts?

• DayZ will be much improved. This will help to understand survival better and make right decisions. DayZ will get better and more useful.
    • This will change nothing. Just useless work.
    • The core concepts of DayZ will be jeopardized and it will be a most controversial feature. DayZ reputation will be put at risk.

Like the idea, but there will be people opposing anyway and may cause problems for the release.

Edited by 12BotG

Может тогда ещё педофилию добавите, как-раз в духе этого решения. И по поводу каннибализма почему бы не дать в таком случае отрезать и поедать свои конечности, этож всего лишь игра, подумаешь... (так вы рассуждаете?)

translated by Google:

Can then still add pedophilia, once again, in the spirit of that decision. And about cannibalism, why not give in this case, cut and eat their limbs ETOGES just a game, think ... (so you argue?)

First off, PR nighmare, second it could be argued for the sake of realism that the children already died because their bodies could not handle the virus as the adults could.

First off, PR nighmare, second it could be argued for the sake of realism that the children already died because their bodies could not handle the virus as the adults could.

It's already been considered and decided against by the devs.

Damn necro-posters! *shakes fist*

• Like 1

[Dammit] didn't notice the expiration date.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

I would gladly agree with this idea but i think it would be best to be left out, alot of people out there are easily offended :(

personally i don't see the problem with infected kids, it would add extra horror and i think all but the strangest of us will feel uncomfortable shooting kids even infected ones and that would make the game more disturbing.

I do sympathise with those who are against it though and for the sake of realism it would be easy to explain a lack of kids by using an evacuation back story.

• Like 1

They'd have a lot of problems getting the game rated, therefore released, in places like Australia and Germany if they were included in the game. 99.9% chance it won't happen.

Why risk.ERSB problems. Personally this will get SO much bad publicity after the recent shootings in America.

I have (maybe) an efficient workaround to this problem...

So why do you want children ingame?

2nr0cih.jpg

For the sake of authenticity?!

Yes we are infact craving for every little piece that adds up to the very whole!

So what about adding "props", in fact little sceneries, like hung ppl etc., hence we introduce children which fit into believable props. (who doesn't remember the starved-to-death boy in the attic in The Walking Dead). So we add a reminiscence to children by adding them "passively".

I think this could strike a balance.

..and how about adding a myth: "hey i once saw this living kid, i swear to god"!

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 1

Make it a server option. Although i'd like to see it. It would just hit harder. One of the things I don't like about zombies is we often forget they were people like us. I think zombie/infected children would make us think about it more and help us remember that infected were once humans with a personality and goals.

I'm kinda stuck on this one.

I remember when I first played Bioshock, and you get the option to harvest the little sister for the first time. I actually sat there, stuck in a moral headlock. She doesn't attack you or pose any threat directly. You actually benefit (in the short term at least)from harvesting and killing her, knowing also that the other option will restore her back to a normal girl. This was a very powerful mechanic for involving the player emotionally. You don't think twice about drilling all the other splicers.

Would DayZ benefit? I don't think being able to kill them will make the game better, just more realistic, which is an argument for it.

I just don't know.

I recognize 2 types of zombie/infected ... threat and no threat

They have better things to do with their time.

I questioned what this thread was going to be about when I read "Infected Children."

EDIT: Fine, I'll be on topic if I must ;). I think it would add an interesting element to DayZ and would, in my opinion, make it creepier. Just imagine a five year old little girl in a ripped, bloody dress chasing you down and eating you alive. Not pleasant. Which is exactly why it belongs!

Edited by Mickusey

It is authentic, the childrens must be, or they went to Narnia?

How I can present that:

They can dwell in safe places, where they was able to to be infected, and it is, in attics, cellars and under beds,

they can to screaming loudly, and prevent the hidden moving or gathering loot and ... pew pew pew, argh... hardcore only :D

ps: saluting our pacifistic-sissy russian community :thumbsup: GJ

Edited by LarsZinger

i dont think shooting kids would be allowed, game devs have a hard time stopping people accusing them of causing violence. if another school shooting comes along, lets hope it doesn't, games would get the blame once again. other than that i would like to see it for realism.

• Like 1

I dont see what value this would add aside from entertainment I mean who wouldnt want to pop a cap in some zombie kids right?

As far is game play is concerned I dont feel this really adds to it. Sure it could be argued that it adds to the realism but in the end it really wont change the way you play the game.

If it was something that could be easily implemented ok sure why not but if it requires the devs to kind of 'go out of their way' to add it no thanks.

Rocket,this is dumb,you have played too much. It just a game,don't be an idiot,better make teenagers or something like this.. Also better make survivors teens (like teen can run faster but can't get lots of stuff)

As much as I think it'd be a great addition, it could create some bad press about the game which is the last thing this game would need. Imo the devs should focus developing other features than this highly controversial feature.

Did Fallout New Vegas not get some bad press for having children in it?

I wound not mind smaller target. But there gonna be a shit storm of but hurt people who gonna cry about it and complain... and in some country the game could be banned because of that.

The only way to made this thing pass would be a mod since it not official, nobody is force to have it and etc...

(but i don't think there will be mod for the Standalone)

The main thing I see here is it doesn't add anything to the game for me, except kids. That doesn't make the game better really in any way...