mr_seacucumber

DayZ Breaking Point Mod : Now with new Lingor Map Integration!

The error I get is a Microsoft .net Framework error (I have .net 4) Unhandled exception, which concludes that the remote name could not be resolved 'update.rotda.com' is this a problem on my side or is the server down?

Edit: Fixed this issue by deleting shortcuts I was using and downloaded new .exe and then reinstalling from Install option. However, now I'm stuck at wait for host and it pretty much stops my game from responding.

Edit 2: Trying to join from remote in the MP browser rejects for bad version. The updater installed 98046 and I manually updated it as well and still got rejected to join.

I was unaware of this error so thank you for bringing it up.

I have little knowledge in the actual workings of the updated due to not having programed it. I will consult with Death to see if he knows what the problem is. It would be easier if you could join our teamspeak 3 at rotda.dyndns.org

Thank you for you patience

Cheers

TGJ

The latest beta version is 98089.

If you have the latest version of the updater the game should work.

James our standard team speak is back up at rotda.com Can you update the main thread.

Edited by Deathlyrage
  • Like 1

To Bill

I completely understand your point. All is good :)

Last night i took your loadout for a slin

With regards to the tiredness system i was not aware of how long it took for recovery time. Today we will be scaling down the recovery time and other aspects of tiredness system.

Though if you are spriting (double tap W) it will degrade the same rate.

Though I will continue to look into this matter.

As with the zombies at heli crash we have already fixed this problem.

As always bill thanks for feedback :)

Pretty sweet custom modding stuff! We're just jumping into it on our server, and doing the same thing you are already: Custom launcher/downloaded essentially. Keep up the good work!

Pretty sweet custom modding stuff! We're just jumping into it on our server, and doing the same thing you are already: Custom launcher/downloaded essentially. Keep up the good work!

I wish you the absolute best of luck it is rather difficult and would be happy if you wished to collaberate on some ideas just give me a PM and ill be sure to get back to you

Quite alot of things are done server side, so you will be missing alot of things. If you are using the mod on your own server.

@Possum you need to be launching Combined Operations which is why your getting a error with the server.

Anyone having Issues, try the latest updater, I just released a new version because of a bug I found with Update Server #1.

Edited by Deathlyrage

ok thx for all, it's working now.

some few ideas :

=> customizable vehicules ( with tank trap, barbel wire ... etc)

=> bear trap + grenade could be a nice thing

=> NO NVG, killing the night gameplay imo

=> make the crossbow usefull by inceasing the number of arrow, 5 or 10 should be good.

=> change the sound of shotgun remington and m1014. sound like airgun for now. need a real noise

=> increase the time for the tireness mod. like the idea but it's too quick imo

=> most important, raise the noise range of all gun to at least 200m. In elecktro, shooting with m16 will only aggro 10 zombies.definitively not enough, and it will give sd weapons a real value

=> and last, but important, give us many many more different clothing, like medic, black suit, diferentes camo, swat, delta force, even priest.... anything that allow us to personalise our avatar. sould be really nice

edit :

=> increase the range to make zombies appears

again thx for your work, love it

Edited by possum77

Just letting you know that the updater is completly portable and doesn't monitor any key events or registery keys. No one here has yet to discover any problems with the updater. We always test new versions of the updater before releasing them.

ok thx for all, it's working now.

Some few ideas:

=> customizable vehicles (with tank trap, barbell wire ... etc.)

=> bear trap + grenade could be a nice thing

=> NO NVG, killing the night gameplay imo

=> make the crossbow useful by increasing the number of arrow, 5 or 10 should be good.

=> change the sound of shotgun Remington and m1014. Sound like airgun for now. Need a real noise

=> increase the time for the tiredness mod? Like the idea but it's too quick imo

=> most important, raise the noise range of all gun to at least 200m. In elecktro, shooting with m16 will only aggro 10 zombies. Definitively not enough, and it will give sd weapons a real value

=> and last, but important, give us many many more different clothing, like medic, black suit, differences came, swat, delta force, even priest.... anything that allow us to personalise our avatar. should be really nice

edit :

=> increase the range to make zombies appears

again thx for your work, love it

Good to see one of our originals back on Possum

Your suggestions are fantastic and I have been pushing death to implement them for the past few hours I’m sure it will be seen rather soonish Though due to the nature of the Arma engine some may take well a rather amount of time to see well actually all of them except the Car damage one you will most likely be able to expect to see done within the next fortnight. Hopefully

Hope your still enjoying our DayZ experience

Cheers

TGJ

.exe? .....

KEYLOGGER!

As for you, I’m just going to attempt from saying much, due to the nature and the family friendliness of these forums. Though I will ask you just to refrain from abusing the work of our dev. team puts into these things

TGJ

Edited by thatguyjames

Great going guys. The mod is coming along brilliantly.

I never really liked night time playing before but the addition of street lights and the full moon mean the nights are now on again.

Oh, and the zombie noises still freak me out.

Oh and thanks for the ride!

Great going guys. The mod is coming along brilliantly.

I never really liked night time playing before but the addition of street lights and the full moon mean the nights are now on again.

Oh, and the zombie noises still freak me out.

Oh and thanks for the ride!

Great to know your enjoying yourself.

We have expanded the lights system by adding extra lights to the surrounding cities on the coast and eventually inland.

With the zombies, I think there should be female ones do you not think?

We also are in the process of adding new skins that you can pickup such as policeman, doctor, medic, pilot and many

many more.

Cheers

TGJ

Zombies - old, young, male female. I would find it funny being chased by a slower geriatric zombie.

Any additional skins would be a bonus - i dream of roaming as a priest dealing justice with my Holy Hatchet.

I'm quite happy with the progess of our server. The new update will be released later today.

Most of Possum's and Demon's suggestions will be implemented.

Teamspeak is sometimes down so we run an alternate backup server at rotda.dyndns.org

Great to know your enjoying yourself.

We have expanded the lights system by adding extra lights to the surrounding cities on the coast and eventually inland.

I also agree that the lighting does add to the excitement. But not too much lighting. I do know that, atleast in my area here in the US, where there's an intersection there's always street lights to illuminate it.

With the zombies, I think there should be female ones do you not think?

Definitely. Also, what about child zombies? Maybe a little girl zombie who rides around on a tricycle? What about the zombies which only drag themselves along the ground.... maybe have them as missing the lower half of their body? Just their upper torso and then a bit of the lower spine sticking out.

Or zombies carrying body parts from people they've killed (severed head, arm or leg)?

Or what about "survivor" zombies? Some dressed up like we currently are now, walking around with backpacks, hats... maybe dragging a busted shotgun which they could swing at us. When it's dark some could be carrying flashlights lit up or during the day they have hatchets? They wouldn't have to be carrying good loot or anything, but something to add to the "visual excitement" of the game.

We also are in the process of adding new skins that you can pickup such as policeman, doctor, medic, pilot and many

many more.

That's definitely also a good idea. I've always thought that if I were a survivor who's trying to survive in the woods, the first thing I'd want to do is grab some camo off of a dead soldier. If it's implemented in to the mod, how would it work? Would we have to find the clothing like we do with the current system, or would be be able to grab it like we can grab other loot when we kill and search zeds?

I also agree that the lighting does add to the excitement. But not too much lighting. I do know that, atleast in my area here in the US, where there's an intersection there's always street lights to illuminate it.

We are currently adding more lights to every time uses a editor, though as you can imagine this is a time consuming little side project though we have completed Cherno and a few other little towns.

Definitely. Also, what about child zombies? Maybe a little girl zombie who rides around on a tricycle? What about the zombies which only drag themselves along the ground.... maybe have them as missing the lower half of their body? Just their upper torso and then a bit of the lower spine sticking out.

Or zombies carrying body parts from people they've killed (severed head, arm or leg)?

Or what about "survivor" zombies? Some dressed up like we currently are now, walking around with backpacks, hats... maybe dragging a busted shotgun which they could swing at us. When it's dark some could be carrying flashlights lit up or during the day they have hatchets? They wouldn't have to be carrying good loot or anything, but something to add to the "visual excitement" of the game.

Firstly children zombies never ever going to happen in any game you will ever play. Children is off limits to almost every game I have played EXCEPT though bioshock, how that got that in their I will never know maybe because they were really creepy? Though I’m not going to be one who implements it. Though it would be really %$^&*ed up.

Secondly the thing with the survivor zombie we are looking into reanimating your dead body once you die so the character/zombie drops their weapons were they died and then roam around were you died so you would have to kill them to take their stuff back which would be fun. With weapons though it needs new animations and as such and are out of the range of our dev staff at this point in time.

That's definitely also a good idea. I've always thought that if I were a survivor who's trying to survive in the woods, the first thing I'd want to do is grab some camo off of a dead soldier. If it's implemented in to the mod, how would it work? Would we have to find the clothing like we do with the current system, or would be be able to grab it like we can grab other loot when we kill and search zeds?

Currently I’m thinking of two ways, first is the way it is, such as they spawn on sometimes zombies other times the military bases and you know how it is currently with nothing changed except spawning on zombies more offer. The second thing is a newish system that I haven’t even approached the team about and it works off levelling with the humanity and different terrorist costumes for bandits and Commander costumes for the Hero’s. Would be difficult though will have to look into it

As always cheers for the suggestions Bill Hope to see you on the server

Cheers

Hi,

first I want to thank you for the mod, it's really great and it makes me want to spend more time on DayZ.

but there is a little problem, I think one of DDoS player is using admin tools to track down other players, which isn't cool at all :(

Maybe I'm wrong but some player activity is really suspicious.

Thanks again and keep up doing amazing work !