mr_seacucumber

DayZ Breaking Point Mod : Now with new Lingor Map Integration!

The updater sometimes won't connect - error seems to be remote connection with .net framework. Is anyone else having this issue, and is there a way to connect in game instead of using the updater to launch/join the server?

The error I get is a Microsoft .net Framework error (I have .net 4) Unhandled exception, which concludes that the remote name could not be resolved 'update.rotda.com' is this a problem on my side or is the server down?

Edit: Fixed this issue by deleting shortcuts I was using and downloaded new .exe and then reinstalling from Install option. However, now I'm stuck at wait for host and it pretty much stops my game from responding.

Edit 2: Trying to join from remote in the MP browser rejects for bad version. The updater installed 98046 and I manually updated it as well and still got rejected to join.

Edited by Roshambo-USMC

Something i forgot to add on my comments on my run through the other night

The zombie sounds are awesome and scary. I shat myself countless times playing at night.

You need to install the new updater in the main thread. By downloading it and replacing your old one in operation arrowhead directory.

Also if you have trouble remote connecting try search for the name in multiplayer list. Server status is in james signature.

Bad version is outdated beta patch. Battleye unknown game version means your beta patch is too new. Ill check everything is working later tonight.

Edited by Deathlyrage

You need to install the new updater in the main thread. By downloading it and replacing your old one in operation arrowhead directory.

Also if you have trouble remote connecting try search for the name in multiplayer list. Server status is in james signature.

Bad version is outdated beta patch. Battleye unknown game version means your beta patch is too new. Ill check everything is working later tonight.

The link that is currently posted on the thread is having a problem loading the page. Is the update server having a fit again?

Edited by Allyourbase51

Well, haven't been on the server for awhile, so I updated and jumped on.

The launcher; it starts off taking a long time just loading the game, then when it finally does get past the DayZ loading screen it just hangs on waiting for host. So I connected manually through the A2OA server browser. I played for a bit (maybe 30 minutes or so). It's just not fun now. The exhaustion and head weaving is a really good idea; I do like the concept, but not when you can only go 200-ish meters or so before your screen starts going dark. And then to have to sit still for longer than you were moving... this makes traveling next to impossible.

If you have a vehicle for traveling around, great. But on foot; it's not worth playing. Also, I don't know if it's a bug or not, but after the first time my screen did go dark, it never fully recovered. When I looked at my in game watch, it was sometime after 10 in the afternoon, yet it looked like dusk was right around the corner.

Also, the zombie sounds are messed up. Don't get me wrong, I like them, but some make them sound like they're in a tunnel (yet the zeds are outside) and the relative distance-to-volume is really off. There was a zed on the opposite side of a house, yet I had to actually turn my volume down because it sounds like he's literally on top of me.

I understand that the changes are to add more realism, and the server is meant to be for the hardcore, but you still have to have a line between realism and enjoyable. The zed sounds I could have dealt with. The not even being able to travel... just not worth playing for me.

When i try to run the updater i downloaded yesterday, i get an error that says that it cannot resolve the remote name at 'alderongames.info', and when i try to use the link in the forum thread, i get an error stating that "Firefox can't find the server at www.alderongames.info." What's going on?

Edited by Allyourbase51

Our server provider is having issues with hardware failure which we are currently working on. You can still launch the arma 2 beta shortcut from your arrowhead directory and connect manually. Since the server is up but not the updater.

The weight and tiredness system is still being tweaked and configured which it has always been enabled, you may notice it more because you have more gear.

Try connecting to the direct ip instead of the domain name which is 67.159.50.30

Edited by Deathlyrage

Not getting anything on the server browser at the IP 67.159.50.30, and i can't get on TS either.

EDIT: Using the same version of both @Alderon and Beta Patch as of the last release YESTERDAY, if there was a new release since, i don't have it.

EDIT2: Gametracker is telling me that it's offline ATM, any idea how long for?

Edited by Allyourbase51

The Game server is back online.

Teamspeak is online.

Update Server #1 Offline

Update Server #2 Offline

I'm online at teamspeak if you have any issues connecting etc.

For some reason eariler we lost 4 servers that were hosted in different data centers at around the same time, so I'm gussing a major US ISP had issues.

I will improve the updater again and make it load balance multible update servers so we don't have too much of an issue again.

We try to keep the servers up and stable for as long as possible to the best of our ability.

Edited by Deathlyrage

Here is the new updater. Currently it will load balance and use 3 different update servers, to ensure maximum uptime.

http://67.159.50.30/dayz/DayZ.exe

As always put it in your arrowhead directory and replace the old one.

@thatguyjames:

Update the main thread.

~Matthew

Edited by Deathlyrage

The zed sounds I could have dealt with. The not even being able to travel... just not worth playing for me.

To Bill

I understand your frustration with the new system in place, I agree the zombie sounds are not perfect but to hear that the zombie sounds do not work in reference to 3D sound I must disagree with you thier as I have had no problems though this may be because I have the lastest files. Updates have been going daily and these would be relased to the public though as you may be aware we lost 5 servers today at the same time which I have written a long letter to all of them displaying...my displeasure.

In reference to the wait system I also am lead to disagree with you. As you may or may not be aware the human body can not actualy carry all that much and still sprint.

6CORW.jpg

This as you can see is I presume your loadout. Now In all honesty well down for getting this amount of gear good effort :) Your problem though is see the machine gun? Well it is actually not that heavy around five kilograms. The ammo as you can imagine being 930 5.56 Rounds would weigh a decent amount like I mean If you had that on your back you would be very luck to run for Im not sure 1-2 minutes at the max? I belive this certain loadout is over 50KG correct me if im wrong but for any soldier who is also carrying a machine gun it would be very very difficult to run let alone sprint flat out for that amount of time. As with the darkness what you need to do is simply stop, just stop for a few minutes and let your poor ghile man catch his breath because he has done some serious running. I take the blame for adding in the realism though if you want to make it eaiser to play this game it isnt that hard.

1. There are over 100+ vechials on this map it is not hard to find them as the should be used for there main purpose, transport

2. Get ride of some of that ammo, you honestly do not need that much maybe 2 mags AT THE MOST for that gun, the ammo spawns everwhere and im postive a soldier or even a crazed/parnoid civiialn would not cart that ammo for days and days on end.

I hope this helps and displays the reasons why we have added this certain things in to at least tackle some kind of emersion into the game and im always happy to justify mine and the dev teams choices for anyone that asks.

Hope that you soon return to the server and attempt to have a crack at letting yourself be drawn into the game

Cheers

thatguyjames

Edited by thatguyjames

hi everybody.

i just checked my files integrity of arma and arma oa, and steam told me that 1 files is corrupt, and will be reacquired.

so as i understand, steam should download it again. but if i check again, got the same issue.

maybe my ban is link with this error. I reinstall completly arma2 and arma2 oa yesterday.

hi everybody.

i just checked my files integrity of arma and arma oa, and steam told me that 1 files is corrupt, and will be reacquired.

so as i understand, steam should download it again. but if i check again, got the same issue.

maybe my ban is link with this error. I reinstall completly arma2 and arma2 oa yesterday.

See if u can get on teamspeak sometime tommrow and ill try get it working.

One of the teamspeak servers should be working,

rotda.com or rotda.dyndns.org

~Matthew

Joining for the first time: "You were banned." :huh:

Right we understamd this was not your fault, there is somthing wrong somwhere in our code that is doing this and at this moment we do not understand what it is though we are working hard at finding a solution.

Cheers

TGJ

Hey James, you didn't have to say that you disagree with me. I wasn't saying that the mod is right or wrong, I was just giving my opinion. Sorry about that if I gave the wrong impression. My apologizes.

And yes, like I mentioned in my last post, I know why you implemented the fatigue system. In real life people wouldn't be able to traverse quickly and for extended periods of time with a large loadout. All I was getting at is that, for me, the fatigue system in it's current state made the game un-enjoyable. Yes, I know that getting tired is realistic, but there has to be a fine line between being realistic and being fun.

It wasn't a matter of running 1 or 2 minutes then resting 1 or 2 minutes; it was running for 20-30 seconds then having to sit for 2 -3 minutes. I could understand if I had to stop running and walk for a bit, but I couldn't even do that. I literally had to stop moving all together. Getting tired really isn't the problem; the recovery is.

Yes, I know that I could have dumped all the ammo, and that actually was my original intention when I first realized the fatigue system was in place. Instead, I decided to keep everything (and I still wasn't fully loaded) and see what the limitations would be when carrying a lot of stuff.

Unfortunately, it's just too limiting. All the time I played yesterday, I only made it from the factory (south of Polana) to Polana, and almost to the gas station north of Polana. And that's it.

On a side note, the tractor was spawned at the factory, but it needed parts. I gave the factory time for loot to spawn, but not a single vehicle part spawned so I was on the search for parts. But with all the time it took to travel such a little distance, it just wasn't worth it. With as slow as I was going with just food and ammo, how much worse would it have been if I were to start carrying parts and fuel?

Again, this is only my opinion.

A couple of other issues. Well, not really issues, more like items worth mentioning in case they need attention. There was just one other person on the server when I spawned. When I did start looking around, I couldn't believe how many animals were around. It was like a petting zoo. It was a bit funny.

Also, in the field north of Polana there was a downed chopper. I moved up on it slowly, waiting for a crew of zeds to spawn, but they never did. So I thought maybe it wasn't lootable but when I got up to it there was a sniper rifle and ammo there. Don't know if the zombies not spawning was a bug or intentional, so I thought I'd mention it.

I realise this idea will make the game infinitely harder at night but i think the zombies need to react to flashlights. At the moment i can walk amongst zombies shining my flashlight without a care in the world. But the moment i run and make any kind of sound they are onto me.

Like i said i am not sure if this would make the game unplayable, but we are talking about an authentic experience here!

Also i think gunshots should basically alert the whole town. Would be nice if a friend could make a diversion while you looted some buildings.

Hi

Yeah by changing the heli crash model then its not recconised to spawn zombies so that will be fixed.

Animal count can be lowered. Currently it is at a higher value.

The ban for invalid signatues was automatic and ill reverse it when i get home later tonight.

Weight and tired system is being tweaked but james would have something to say about that.

Having zombies react to a flashlight can be resource intensive and difficult to do but I will look into it.

Edited by Deathlyrage