Sign in to follow this  
james222

Has DayZ died down quite abit?

When DayZ started, everyone knew nothing and people actually met in Cherno without shooting eachother. Betraying was actually difficult and a delicate process for bandits, you had to hide for the fear of the unknown in the wilderness to avoid other bandits or survivors killing you for your bandit clothing. It was awesome, but then the hacker phase came, children and people without patience started giving themselves AS50 TWS' and doing other stupid shit, that took a large chunk out of the populous. Then it rose up again with updates and so on. Is it just me or does DayZ feel extremely stale, there isn't much to do and everything feels VERY predictable. Even with low-tier loot it still feels old and you just want to run around cherno shooting others. There are hardly any full servers anymore either. Your thoughts? I think dayz needs less end-game and more persistent tasks, something like ground control would be pretty neat and offer something to keep hardened players on edge patrolling territorial borders like in a RTS or something.

• Like 1

I think either people are trying other maps or waiting for the standalone.

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 3

I just think your out of the loop.

Keep up boy !

Out of the loop implies I'm in some sort of loop.

I was wondering this myself. Haven't played for a few months and come back today to try Lingor island. And it seems there is barely anyone on most of the servers (I mean any dayz server, not just lingor) and there is alot less servers than when I was playing it before.

yes day z is dead with the current hacking situation and the sheer ammount of retards putting barbed wire around popular loot locations. also not to mention the amount of bugs that are still in it, especially the derp zombies. the game is still in alpha and it looks like they are skipping beta and going straight into another alpha of standalone. it will remain dead untill standalone, which is what im waiting for.

that being said tho the mod was a huge success IMO. lessons have been well learnt and rocket will take that to the stand alone version.

Edited by Ballistixz

I don't think it's dead at all, just more and more players moving to private/white-listed servers/hives or waiting for standalone.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

It's definedly not dead, it might look people are gone but theyr are playing different maps and private hives.

I think people are just waiting of the standalone to come.

I dont like to play for 5 hours and then lose it all to some idiot cheater who teleports behind me and shoots me with an AS50.

I love the game and i still play it but not as often.

• Like 1

Was an avid player and server contributor, but alas I quit as well due to hackers destroying the essence of the game. Not worth the time invested. So I'll be back for standalone to try, try again.

To many new games out for me personally, i still lurk the forums every once in a while but don't play anymore.

Dayz atm just can't compete with guild wars 2, darksiders 2, boderlands 2, etc. Got tired of running for ever from one place to another. Might be back for standalone if there is more to do. At least Dayz gave me a couple months worth of play time.

When DayZ started, everyone knew nothing and people actually met in Cherno without shooting eachother. Betraying was actually difficult and a delicate process for bandits, you had to hide for the fear of the unknown in the wilderness to avoid other bandits or survivors killing you for your bandit clothing. It was awesome, but then the hacker phase came, children and people without patience started giving themselves AS50 TWS' and doing other stupid shit, that took a large chunk out of the populous. Then it rose up again with updates and so on. Is it just me or does DayZ feel extremely stale, there isn't much to do and everything feels VERY predictable. Even with low-tier loot it still feels old and you just want to run around cherno shooting others. There are hardly any full servers anymore either. Your thoughts? I think dayz needs less end-game and more persistent tasks, something like ground control would be pretty neat and offer something to keep hardened players on edge patrolling territorial borders like in a RTS or something.

When I started dayz in may, it was not a Cherno meet and greet at all. In fact it was Mexican stand offs with pistols on the beach. So I'm not really sure where you are going with that...We make our own fun and objectives in this mod which is why it is so unique. If you would care to define persistent tasks, then perhaps I could agree with you. But what I have always found most engaging is that there is only a beginning, where we spawn. From there there is no ending...the mod is what you make it

• Like 1

YEa waiting for stand alone now. Got a few cool months of play out of the mod and I will be definately pickup the stand alone. But for me the mod has reached its peak as far as what content has to offer. I know its a sandbox but even with that it has to offer more stuff to do. Just my $.02.

That and Dark SOuls came out and I'm building my digital pinball machine.

When I started dayz in may, it was not a Cherno meet and greet at all. In fact it was Mexican stand offs with pistols on the beach. So I'm not really sure where you are going with that...We make our own fun and objectives in this mod which is why it is so unique. If you would care to define persistent tasks, then perhaps I could agree with you. But what I have always found most engaging is that there is only a beginning, where we spawn. From there there is no ending...the mod is what you make it

Couldn't agree more, everyone on that server is making the mod work, wether you are nice and want to feed the world or be a total ass and kill everything.

It's every single player out there that takes the time to wait for ages at that damned loading screen, who puts up with the script kiddies and Combat Loggers that make this game, well just awesome.

I Salute you all!

I've only just started playing, so I don't have anything to compare against. But it seems like there are plenty of servers with plenty of people on them. I can see why there are so many low population servers though. Who wants to be dropped into a meatgrinder with nothing but a flashlight while everyone else has sniper rifles and AKs already or some hacker will just make you vanish from the world?

I can see what you mean about persistant tasks. Without something to "do" other than collect guns and kill each other, that's what people will do.

A persistant task would to be survive! What you gonna do in a apocalypse?

Organize a 5 aside in the middle of Cherno? collect stamps?

Sorry if that sounded twatty :P

I have seen like most the figures drop drastically from Hackers, glitches, late updates and to positive things like private hives and more choice servers. Players will be back in their droves when the SA is released, Combine this with the console owners, BIG things for DayZ :D

• Like 1

I don't think it's dead at all, just more and more players moving to private/white-listed servers/hives or waiting for standalone.

This. I play a lot of private hive at the moment in anticipation for standalone

You also have to bare in mind that a lot of games are coming out.

Borderlands 2, BF3:Armored Kill and so on... Personally I quit playing to gave some time to MW3 (yeah, shocking) and Armored Kill... and very likely get myself a copy of borderlands... But I am very interested in this mod and the standalone.

I like to visit the forums from time to time, play a couple of hours on the weekends and that's it.

It's inevitable that the mod will see a drop off of players over time (especially so at an alpha stage of development). This is true for any game. Add the fact that the mod is only partially complete and it's simply to be expected. I've played this mod exclusively since early May and have had an incredible amount of enjoyment from it. 5 months later, I've pretty much exhausted the possibilities and have turned to other games for my gaming fix. Lets face it, after many months without a break, even the best games begin to get stale.

It's not realistic to expect this project to sustain the high numbers it had when the DayZ hype was at it's peak. There will always be a certain amount of devoted players sticking with the game, but the gaming "tourists" will all come and go rather quickly. It's always been this way with games that get a massive surge in attention from the gaming press.

As for myself, I'm shutting down Dallas 2507 at the end of this month and I've moved on to the Planetside 2 Beta. I'll be back to look at any new mod releases but for the most part the novelty is gone for me, and new games await.

The last thing I wanted to say is that 70k players each 24 hours is still an EXTREMELY respectable amount of players for a mod. If 70k had been the all time peak, DayZ would still be considered a massive success so I would not worry too much about the numbers. DayZ is doing just fine in spite of it's decline in players, and I'm sure it will continue to do so. I suspect that even if the playerbase dropped to only a few thousand daily that the standalone would continue development.