rocket

20 words or less: Super-Low Humanity Detection

Basically just don't make it always the same thing. Sometimes your body temp might drop a bit for no reason, or screen changes color/saturation/brightness, a slight shudder/shiver shaking your screen for half a second etc.

Just mixing it up so it's not such an obvious giveaway like the heart beat.

Edited by Alpo

Yes

Punish the murderers&bandits, nothing left to say, the ones who play the game extremely much is usually the bandits/murderers, & they need to have something negative in-game against them!

YES.

Anything to lower KoS incidents. Some people kill anyway but most do so in self defence (ie no choice).

YES

1. Is there any way to raise your humanity at the moment?

2. On servers with 3rd person, if you use alt to rotate around yourself, you can hear your own humanity.

No.

(Sorry i cant do this in less than 20 words the point is to hard to argue with 20 words.)

I dont know about everyone else but the humanity deal is easialy negated. You can currently go on a killing spree then spend the next day or so killing and hiding zombie bodies and bring your humanity back to a non bandit level. IMO someone that is a bandit and has no humanity shouldnt be percived any differnt than another person in the world, if they have been doing what they do for long enough it is second nature to them and they probaly have no issue with what they have done there fore there would be no que to their current state of mind by glanceing at them to know if they are good or evil. There are people that think makeing the choices they make are the right choices and would act no differntly around other people.

Edited by Riku89

Yeah i definitely think it should be blood related. As you yourself said rocket, blood on the hands of a killer would be a good way to weed the good from the bad, and is not so easily seen by anyone unless they are close enough.

NO.

Most people don't care enough to listen, nor do people get close enough generally to see blood. It's cool, but more fluff than anything in my opinion.

Edited by DAS1337

Rocket, please take a minute or two and read my suggestion towards the humanity issue.

http://dayzmod.com/f...d.php?tid=11013 <--- Here

I warn you, it is longer than 20 words, but I feel it's a solid idea. Hopefully the majority of people feel the same. Time will tell.

It's a simple yet very effective solution, in my opinion.

Thanks

p.s the above is not bad aswell, however what if a survivor accidently move his weapon past a bush, suddenly hear the heartbeat noise? Instantly knowing theres a bandit nearby or in that bush, that ruins it for the bandit player and his gameplay. Thus, giving survivor an unfair advantage.

Furthermore, the whole point of being a bandit would be to possibly befriend or deceive a player before ganking them. By having a tell tale bandit alert or signal when in proximity takes the bandit element away from the player.

no, this will give a direct disadvantage towards bandits and there detection, the game is more fun if everyone looks the same like you would've in a real apocalypse not knowing if someone is friendly or not

if this is added i would suggest making it skin only and not a direct siren warning sound

creepin up to someone and having them hear a loudass heartbeat kind of nullivies the surprise effect and will make all bandits have to resort on snipers, i hate snipers what is the fun of killing someone if you cannot see the fear in there eyes

Edited by unknownuser

Yes.

The point is not the bandit's inward feelings, but outward appearance.

creepin up to someone and having them hear a loudass heartbeat

Only if they spot you. Reread OP.

the whole point of being a bandit would be to possibly befriend or deceive a player before ganking them.

Bandit: Hey there fellow survivor, wanna be friends?

Survivor: Umm, There's blood on your shirt and hands.

Bandit: Oh it's just ketchup.

Survivor: I see... ... ... WATCH OUT! ZED BEHIND YOU!

Bandit: Wha-? (turns around)

*BANG!*

-Bandit dead-

I like this idea better :rolleyes:

Edited by leeo38

YES.

On a side note - we watched that episode recently (UK Channel 5 - always behind :P ) I just love The Walking Dead series.

Anything that can help the interaction between humans. It's very difficult to "look into a mans eyes" as Clint would say, so we need something a little obvious for the gaming world.

:thumbsup:

no, seems unrealistic, would prefer that the bandit changes not obligatory the percipience of the bandit by others.

Yes.

The point is not the bandit's inward feelings, but outward appearance.

Only if they spot you. Reread OP.

i've read it, its still retarded, all you got to do is turn 360 to see if you're getting flanked and it makes it pretty easy to figure out what direction to spray at without any visual confirmation

all this will do is force all bandits to snipers,

would you rather have someone snipe you from 600meters or shoot you point blank, i can do both for you

Edited by unknownuser

Sure.

I'd rather have super-high humanity detection, though. No one labeled as "bad", but good people labeled as "good".

YES AND NO, dont care because:

This will not change absolutely anything. People who KOS will KOS anyways. Friendlies will not KOS as they do not KOS at all. What's the point?

If my friend has blood on his hands etc, I simply ask him what happened and he will tell me he was attacked, so he had to kill. Why wouldn't I trust that if I trust him enough to play with him?

Please put a little more effort into zombies. They are shit. They are no threat unless you're a noob.

Turning over a new leaf will be tough without death. A high humanity indicator for proven friendlies? Bandit-killers?

NO

Indicating a persons agenda through audio or visuals takes away the tension when you meet another player. Human psycholgy! This game shows exactly how most people lose their humanity and values in case of an apocalypse. Its one of the major differences that sets this game apart from most other games.

Example:

A few days ago I shot a guy because he scared me. He yelled friendly but it was already to late. I felt really bad after killing him but there was no way of knowing whether I could have trusted him or not. But that is not bad...its good...you will never know and you will have to live with the guilt. Almost like as if its real life.

Even as a Bandit there are often "emotional conflicts" within me. I am not a bandit by choice I feel like this was forced upon me because I can never know I can trust someone or not. I often debate that with one of the friends I play with. We discuss the hypocrasiy of our morals and how we abandon them so quickly because of a defense mechanism that gets triggered within my conflicting mind. Trust or distrust...you never know...better shoot first.

I wonder if I would be like this in real life. Never felt this weird about a game. BEst game in a long time. I say no to indications.

Edited by MrMudd

Furthermore, the whole point of being a bandit would be to possibly befriend or deceive a player before ganking them. By having a tell tale bandit alert or signal when in proximity takes the bandit element away from the player.

sorry for not putting NO! No bandit detection sounds or any other tell tale sign...the element of realism would dictate you should never know when youve encountered a bandit.