rocket

20 words or less: Super-Low Humanity Detection

Yes. I think there should be something to identify bandits without it being obvious.

Yes

I have not been able to test yet in the game since I am on a break. But it sounds good.

No.

This feature is bugged, and gives a heartbeat for everyone (causing confusion in new players.)

Not to mention some can hear heartbeats through walls, as well as other issues.

Yes

I like the idea, but I have my doubts. I'm not sure its possible to accurately profile "humanity". Shouldn't there be some uncertainty for someone trying to estimate someone else's humanity? There definitely should be some penalty for people behaving like psychos, and this just might be it.

Yes

I like this idea, but again you need to stop people from just shooting as soon as they hear a heartbeat.

Perhaps, the lower your humanity is yourself, the less it takes to trigger a louder heartbeat affect thus making the system less reliable for someone who's trigger happy.

This in turn could simulate the paranoia one faces if they've killed already and would serve as an incentive not to shoot first ask questions later for fear of worsening the heartbeat's reliability for yourself.

A side affect might also be people who have low humanity will be more dangerous in general since they don't have key information that high humanity people have.

Basically there needs to be a consequence for people who'd shoot someone with a gray area humanity

I say go back to the bandit skins. Anything that requires you to be up close to figure out if that guy is a bandit or not is worthless. By the time you figure it out, you're looting his corpse.

no

seems like u would often detect someone by accidently moving cursor over them(u would otheriwe have not seen them because they r hiding in the bushes.

No.

People shoot from long distances. I'd rather see the bandit skins.

No.

There should always be a sense of "can I trust them or not?" in the game, not a magical giveaway.

NO.

The traditional 'Bandit' has there face covered.. and look different to others, maybe they can find rare survivor skins? bandit skin back imo.

No.

There should always be a sense of "can I trust them or not?" in the game' date=' not a magical giveaway.

[/quote']

I dont know what servers you play on, but people shoot right when they see eachother. There is no sense of "can I trust them or not?" It's only "oh shit, that person might be a bandit, shoot him before he shoots me!

YES

Currently there are no disincentives to killing someone and looting them, this would encourage more cooperation.

YES

It is an interesting mechanic, if it really won't work you can still remove it... I mean, it's fuckin alpha! You need to try new things, right?

YES.

how about increase hearing distance the lower the humanity level is. like, you see someone in a distance and your instinct tells you keep away from this one.

yes

as long as it's line of sight only. I don't want to use this to track people through buildings.

YES

Suggestion: Karma.

Previous humanity carries over. Killing zombies/Saving people not humanity negative/time increases humanity (Karma). Heartbeat progresses to Shaking?

I think SOUNDS are USELESS to identify humanity, in most situations i see a player at 800 meters and I'm not so stupid to come to him at 40 meters to hear his heartbeating.

YES

I'd love to meet a bandit so evil you can hear his heartbeat 300 meters away. Then killim'.