rocket

20 words or less: Super-Low Humanity Detection

YES

This would work well with the players spawn with no gun. why?

Imagine the amount of Humanity you would lose for killing an unarmed/ helpless character!

No.

Would give away players location.

I'm assuming they will put it in so if your behind a rock or tree they can't get a reading. Player has to see you and be close. That's what my impression was of the mechanic. I agree it should not be a metal/player detector.

YES

This would be good as everyone wants to know the difference between a surivor and a bandit! It would also give the position off so more people would want to work together as they would only kill bandits!

YES

Do bandits hear other bandits (with kind of equal hum.) heartbeats? A -500 should hear a -5000 but a -4900 don't hear him so well.

Would remove a possible "mate, do you hear my heartbeat?". Bandits team up with other bandits.

YES

Do bandits hear other bandits (with kind of equal hum.) heartbeats? A -500 should hear a -5000 but a -4900 don't hear him so well.

Would remove a possible "mate' date=' do you hear my heartbeat?". Bandits team up with other bandits.

[/quote']

I could see this

Bandit A " I see a guy there to trick/backstab. Going to go talk to him, do you heart my heart beat?is it loud?"

Bandit B "No, can't even hear it (lie)"

Bandit A (walks over to player) Hey Lets team up...

Stranger Player- Hears loud heart beat (Bang!) Bandit A -dead.

Bandit B "I guess i was wrong about the heart beat, must have had the volume low"

YES

If someone is a killer, you can just tell. Whether they are slightly to largely mentally disturbed, or just by looking at body language. There aren't many ways to portray this in a video game and I think this is a good, subtle way.

NO, unless...

...you introduce a system that triggers a reaction to people with a high humanity score as well.

A newly spawned character shouldn't have a high humanity score right from the start; as a counterpart to low humanity, high humanity also needs to be the result of specific actions. A character with a high humanity should have an effect on other players as well, something that marks him/her as "friendly".

(Sorry, more than 20 words...)

NO

I hang around with people who have really low humanity. I don't want to be breathing really hard all the time playing with my friends.

NO, too simple and by the time I get close enough to figure it out I'm dead.

Low humanity MUST have a visual indentifier at range.

YES

If the humanity would get restored after you have died. There is no reason to carry your sins over to a new character. (Sorry if someone talked about this before but didnt have the energy to read threw 62 pages:P)

I relate to myself:P when i start a new character i like to change the way a play from time to time. Instead of keeping the inhumanity there could be a bigger penalty to stack the inhumanity higher for each kill.

Just my thoughts on the situation:)

NO, this sounds wrong. I hate the idea of knowing how the person is and this seems really unrealistic in my eyes. I do think there should be something but a heartbeat noise doesn't really make sense.

NO

People should decide for themselves' date=' not have the game tell them.

[/quote']

How do you decide for your self?

You have graphics, text, or VO if they have a mic.

None of these would allow you to make a good judgement.

You can't even tell who is a female or male in real life, how can you make a judgement on the players intent.

I vote YES

This builds Tension, Fear, Uncertanty plus Tears

Sorry about going over the 20 word limit :(

NO

But if implemented then a visual indication should be added (for the deaf players) AND some gamemechanics for players with HIGH humanity.

/sEi

High Humaity=Loud heartbeat To low

Vice versa. Itd be somewhat to tell someones intent by their body language,Facial expressions.(Although not an actual thing in ArmA itll be that little thing we cant see)

I agree something is needed for players who are deaf or impaired hearing.

it's a good idea but wont change the general play style of 'killing to protect gear.'

YES (try it out)

I say give it a shot, but persistent identity would work better in the long run.

YES

Maybe longer respawn times for bandits? And lower for fresh survivors.