rocket

20 words or less: Super-Low Humanity Detection

No

It would work like name tags and someone behind a bush/wall would be given away by the heart beat.

Sound wall hack

NO

... if status gets wiped after the character dies. Humanity as persistent player stat, not for the character, then YES.

YES

But ONLY if self-defense kills were somehow not tied to Humanity, and this "heartbeat" was discernible over a long distance. Most of the time, that's when you get shot or need to know "Is this guy good or bad?"

Sorry for not keeping it 20 words, but I didn't go too far over!

YES (it's alpha, ya know to test shti! LoL)

I dig the idea. Id rather have this than a visual cue.

YES

Nice idea. Make humanity reset on death though. Maybe a random humanity perception modifier too, so we never really know...?

YES

Less backstabbing = survivors trying to make groups.

NO

It won't stop the forum monkeys -- they want murder PUNISHED by the game.

YES

I want people to know im going to kill them. I will shoot on sight unless i was spared by another when he couild of killed.

YES

IF : No blood on face.

WHY : I'm wearing Zombie face N°1 with reading glasses, when people see me they just shoot me, I guess I scare them.

Actually now that I've typed the reason ???

YES

To: Very very low humanity, very very low audible signature.

NO.

I'm changing my answer on this. It gives us a definitive answer in a social situation and removes thinking and decision making. Read: life's uncertainty.

Gut instincts are often completely wrong. Giving us infallible audible clues gives us inappropriate omniscience. Will the system be hit and miss, like real life? Because that's how it should be if implemented. "There's no way my neighbor hacked up his parents and ate them. I've met him, and he was very nice. Oh my, he really did? Well I just can't believe it."

YES

Someone who killed 50 people last week is going to seem a little bit... different, though they might not realize.

Additional words:

- do Z's hear it too?

- maybe it's intermittent, or doesn't kick in right away.

- maybe you need to have positive humanity (or some level), or long life experience, to hear it.

YES if:

(Sidenote/suggestion) It would be a yes if it only played the noise for people who had less (15k?) than your humanity. That way I wouldn't have to hear it constantly' date=' but other players could still use it to their benefit.

[/quote']

That's the best extension of this idea I've read yet. It shouldn't be "low humanity" that triggers the effect... it should be lowER humanity, by a significant margin.

YES

However the effect should really dissipate over time if you haven't killed someone in a day or so.

YES

If they have a certain amount of humanity below yours.

Maybe it can deactivate after first encountering them.

No.

This is just another idea that will turn into a huge problem later on.