Ander (DayZ)

[DayZMod] The Dayz Statistics thread!

Ever wondered the kill/death ratio of your clan/corp/alliance/group? I can probably help you out with that.

Ask and be answered!

THIS :D ! Can you derive k/d ratio with deaths from pvp damage only?

• Like 4

Was wondering if it would be possible to get a statistics on where people go in the world with different events/time, such as night time, or rain ect... Maybe get a map with dots posting where people are at those times?

• Like 5

All locations of last known position when you died is saved :)

I can also make an anonymous map of where in the world people currently are with some x,y,z coordinate to map grid magic.

This should cause some areas to be more crowded than others and it'll display which areas are more popular than others.

I can get the data on how many survivor and bandit kills were done by players per character and summarize it.

Currently we dont store the final death reason , but it should be possible to "guess" amount of kills by players divided by total dead characters and get a good estimate.

Give me some time and Ill try to get this done :) just a bit of crunch before patches so bear with me!

• Like 4

I second that ... to many statistics can make it a bit more predictable which is not a good thing imho.

Its interesting and all .. but please be careful with survivor behavior / movement patterns etc.

• Like 4

...I can also make an anonymous map of where in the world people currently are with some x' date='y,z coordinate to map grid magic.

This should cause some areas to be more crowded than others and it'll display which areas are more popular than others.

[/quote']

PLEASE DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DO THIS!!!!

PLAYERS HABITS/LOCATIONS/ETC MUST NEVER BE REVEALED, IT WILL BE A DISASTER.

THINK THIS THROUGH!

PS: sorry about the caps but this must be highlighted.

I agree - Please do not post this info, it's a really bad idea. Basic info such as how many people have died at the North West airfield for example, not so bad as everyone knows it's a hotspot, but heatmaps for where people go? Not good under any circumstances.

• Like 5

would be cool with a heatmap, if he makes it now and lets say.. a week from now he will post the heatmap. because the heatmap would most likely have changed during that period of time.

...I can also make an anonymous map of where in the world people currently are with some x' date='y,z coordinate to map grid magic.

[/quote']

THINK THIS THROUGH!

+1 Please do not do this.

• Like 20

I agree too. They are fun and interesting statistics and trivia, while they remain generic and not related to locations on the map. Being wrong about something, is also part of the game.

• Like 4

If you have time. I would love to know the k/d from Dominik,Dell_BR and CapsLoco. I would be very appreciative if you could answer me those k/d.

Alright everyone. I'll be posting a bit of statistics gathered from database.

(I wont be posting the statistics already available on the main website or things we cant record at the moment)

For example:

After removing empty tents from servers (they will despawn after next server restart) there are currently 21952 total tents.

Current tents where the owner is still alive: 5747

Out of the 206511 players at the time of this post' date=' about 19% of the total players play as a female survivor.

The top 3 most commonly destroyed vehicles are the:

Ikarus (the bus)

Tractor

Bicycle

Ever wondered the kill/death ratio of your clan/corp/alliance/group? I can probably help you out with that.

Ask and be answered!

[/quote']

Is there a way to also find out who's been shooting Cherno? coz I'd love that statistic

• Like 4

[/quote']

THINK THIS THROUGH!

+1 Please do not do this.

You guys take this mod way too seriously.

• Like 20

In case you are going to post the heat map, let there be a survey before, asking players where they suspect their fellow survivors to be concentrated the most. Put that info into same heat map for comparison - Would be interesting to see if gut feeling can match the reality.

What does it matter either way? The hot spots are the coast, where most players reside for whatever reason. Some make the trek to the military bases / airfields. The only thing left for the map to show are possible clan hideouts or player caches (assuming they have enough traffic).

• Like 3

Can you tell us the percentage of people drinking from canteens vs soda pop?

How about the percentages of animals killed?

M-th which day has the most campfires.

How many campfires have been made?

How many campfires have been made during daylight?

The number of barns looted on Tuesdays between 8:15 and 8:56a GMT and then broken down by TZ's....alphabetically.

(I would spring for a $5 starbucks card if you can actually divine this information...accurately)

• Like 1

Alright everyone. I'll be posting a bit of statistics gathered from database.

(I wont be posting the statistics already available on the main website or things we cant record at the moment)

For example:

After removing empty tents from servers (they will despawn after next server restart) there are currently 21952 total tents.

Current tents where the owner is still alive: 5747

Out of the 206511 players at the time of this post' date=' about 19% of the total players play as a female survivor.

The top 3 most commonly destroyed vehicles are the:

Ikarus (the bus)

Tractor

Bicycle

Ask and be answered!

[/quote']

@Bicycle = I crash man regularly due to drink driving and speeding haha.

I like the idea of some 'useless' interesting statistics but for the love of god don't give out kill death ratios or player location heat maps. K/D is for deathmatch games, do you want to encourage this further? Player locations can be guessed by those who explore, dont do the hard work for the lazy people!

• Like 14

People asking for their k/d worry me... Is that what you care about in this mod? Seriously?

• Like 9

I'm all for random statistics for sure but I don't think you should post any information that might have an affect on gameplay for players such as heatmaps, locatons, etc.

• Like 6