Ander (DayZ)

[DayZMod] The Dayz Statistics thread!

Only 521 characters have a mountaindew in their inventory' date=' and 738 have one in their backpack.[/b']

I'm one of them :D

I remember when I found it, I was just walking past another soda can on the ground then I stopped and was like....wait that's green.

It's precious to me now.

Only 521 characters have a mountaindew in their inventory' date=' and 738 have one in their backpack.[/b']

I'm one of them :D

I remember when I found it, I was just walking past another soda can on the ground then I stopped and was like....wait that's green.

It's precious to me now.

I will slay you for your dew

All locations of last known position when you died is saved :)

I can also make an anonymous map of where in the world people currently are with some x' date='y,z coordinate to map grid magic.

This should cause some areas to be more crowded than others and it'll display which areas are more popular than others.

I can get the data on how many survivor and bandit kills were done by players per character and summarize it.

Currently we dont store the final death reason , but it should be possible to "guess" amount of kills by players divided by total dead characters and get a good estimate.

Give me some time and Ill try to get this done :) just a bit of crunch before patches so bear with me!

[/quote']

Please dont do that. Thats going to help out people with finding hidden camps/vehicles.

@MAP FEAR: Bullshit people. Do you really think you are the only ones thinking that no one traves to spot X Y Z? Think again. ;)

Also - you guys are thinking waay to egoistic. It's not the community you think about. And I think that many people are interested in such a map, just to see whats going on and if their predictions were right or not. And then come you guys who are afraid someone is gonna find your precious sneaky tent/vehicle spot... This is alpha. Your characters and your loot are worthless anyway. So we might as well just have a bit more fun with them.

• Like 1

I think you should do the maps, it's interesting. With so many people playing the mod across so many servers its going to be difficult to get specific information out of it.

Hot damn, thanks Ander!

You wouldn't by chance have a coarse approximation of when we might see a release, would you? :)

The heatmaps is in the works :) just collecting a bit more data over time.

Thanks for not listening to whiney bitches. :p

If it's just of the deaths then I have no problem with the heatmap being honest, as it's over a tonne of servers ^_^

i would love to know my kd even though i've only played for a week :P

@MAP FEAR: Bullshit people. Do you really think you are the only ones thinking that no one traves to spot X Y Z? Think again. ;)

Also - you guys are thinking waay to egoistic. It's not the community you think about. And I think that many people are interested in such a map' date=' just to see whats going on and if their predictions were right or not. And then come you guys who are afraid someone is gonna find your precious sneaky tent/vehicle spot... This is alpha. Your characters and your loot are worthless anyway. So we might as well just have a bit more fun with them.

[/quote']

It has nothing to do with secret stashes or locations, it's the principle of the thing that is the problem. It goes against the basic ethos of the Mod, it's supposed to be a hard-as-nails survival simulation, traveling the map to find areas by your own skill and judgement then learning where the best/worst places are, so where does a satellite view of other players movements fit into that? It doesn't, plain and simple.

And why do you want the map? So YOU can have fun? Stuff the community let's run riot? Pathetic attitude.

The heatmaps is in the works :) just collecting a bit more data over time.

I can't believe you are actually going ahead with this contentious issue.

Can we have a message from Rocket regarding his views on it?

• Like 5

For fucks sake, everyone quit whining about the damn heatmap, it's not going to destroy your game. Seriously, this thread is more of a 'hurr durr no hetmap de wil kno wher i am' when all it will be is a map confirming what we already know: people hanging out at large cities etc.

Skint, I'm sure he had to go through this with Rocket already, either way it's none of your concern so suck it up.

Addendum: Everyone who is complaining has no actual knowledge of what they are talking about, and are worried that "OH NO THEY ARE GOING TO KNOW PEOPLE GO TO STARY SOBOR!!!!!!!!ONE"

• Like 1

It's rather hilarious how worked up people get about heatmaps. Hundreds of thousands of people play this mod, that's a -LOT- of data. No-one is going to be disadvantaged by the release of this data. Stats are fun for the curious-minded, and that's all it is.

"Stats are fun for the curious-minded, and that's all it is. "

...but this provides information to the player that he/she would normally never have in the real Zombie Apocalypse. I like to see stats too, but a heat map is entirely too revealing, and only serves as a snipers reference to choke-points and target hotspots. I have no problem with snipers, but they need to take the time and figure these things out on their own. Not use the "The New Metro Guide to Killing Travelers" map.

• Like 4

No-one is going to be disadvantaged by the release of this data.

But, but, but ... i have this super secret location NO-ONE would ever think about going to! Only I do it because i am so much more clever than all the other survivors.

Jokes aside ... while heatmaps are cool it subtracts a bit of an edge one might have owned by keen observation.

I'd like to see some statistics comparing stats based off what servers difficulty settings are.

compare recruit / regular / veteran / expert settings.

I'd be curious to see if the more murders happen on recruit and regular modes vs veteran and expert servers.

then which server mode has the longest average life span.

and most of all what the average number of different servers most players play along with average time playing.

The game hit a million murders and ~20% of the player base being bandit flagged. Is it possible to see whether this spiked with the removal of bandit skins or has been tracking player activity from the collected stats? It would be a useful metric as to how much inflience PvP has on the game through bandit kills and murders, much more so than player survival which has all sorts of causes.

Could we have stats on people who want a heatmap and people who dont!?!

Hehe Jokes,

How about stats on players pref over Day and Night time servers.

And something similar with the Flash light/ Flash light on guns, How often do players use it at night etc. Me and a friend were playing last night thinking, I wonder how many other players run across an OPEN field with the Flash Light on.

• Like 1

i'm sure some of these statistics, such as login, discharge of firearms and logouts, could be used to track these ghosters!

oh.. and privately, i would like to know my causes of death and how many times. i remember several deaths were caused by Hacker... having a chopper land on your head and explode... not fun....

Ever wondered the kill/death ratio of your clan/corp/alliance/group? I can probably help you out with that.

Ask and be answered!

Horrible, horrible most awful idea ever.

Please keep K/D out of the game.

Deathmatching is already ruining it as it is, no need to encourage it further.

Not sure if this has been asked, but...

How long does it take average for a player to find a ranged weapon, so non-crowbar/hatchet?

Yes, please never ever publish k/d ratios, accuracy, or any of that crap. This is a game about story, not about "my metrics r higher durr durr."