Ander (DayZ)

[DayZMod] The Dayz Statistics thread!

The development is complete, the problem is we need direct hive access and the server guys are not to keen on that right now because its already peaking and they don't want the extra load (even tho its super super super tiny as i built it well lol!). :(

This is kind of annoying haha. Why not just offload all statistical data on to a different smaller hive for web use. This way it can be accessed more, because it does not draw all data.

This is kind of annoying haha. Why not just offload all statistical data on to a different smaller hive for web use. This way it can be accessed more, because it does not draw all data.

It already does this, but you still have to query the data, i built in a cache so once it fetches your dead data, its never pulled again eva (as it never changes) and only alive data is pulled, and it takes about 0.003s to do it, but they like nope! lol XD so we will have to wait a little while.

It already does this, but you still have to query the data, i built in a cache so once it fetches your dead data, its never pulled again eva (as it never changes) and only alive data is pulled, and it takes about 0.003s to do it, but they like nope! lol XD so we will have to wait a little while.

Unless you're pulling the data to another physical box, you're still stealing cycles from the hive.

Unless you're pulling the data to another physical box, you're still stealing cycles from the hive.

Hence why I said, you still have to query the data >.> :D

The web stuff runs on its own server, but would still need to connect to query.

but you don't have to say the name of server and it should be done taking the data from more than one server. i think it won't increase the number of raids they undergo

The map isn't that big, there are really only a handful of viable (good) camp sites for large camps - you will only know these if you are in a clan. THe heat map will show everyone.

Seriously, the best camp sites are being used by more than one clan on more than one server, i'd go so far as to say if the 5 best sites at least one of them will be being used on almost every single server - so it doesn't matter if the heat map is aggregate an anonymous, it will still show common camp sites.

Not Irrelevant at all, it is a great achievement. The duplicate of accounts is such a small insignificant percentage.

Only 800,000 actual players, so 20% less, which is quite a lot. The big sign on the home page is misleading, should not be "players" but actually "registered accounts", usual marketing BS.

Would it be possible to find the number of registered users that have been active in the game in the last 30 days?

Edited by Blackadder

Only 800,000 actual players, so 20% less, which is quite a lot. The big sign on the home page is misleading, should not be "players" but actually "registered accounts", usual marketing BS.

Would it be possible to find the number of registered users that have been active in the game in the last 30 days?

I am wondering where you got the 800k actual players from?

Only 800,000 actual players, so 20% less, which is quite a lot.

Where did you get this figure?

The big sign on the home page is misleading, should not be "players" but actually "registered accounts", usual marketing BS.

I can assure you that their is no "marketing BS" involved with the total number of players. That number is based off of the total amount of unique CD keys(it is actually based off GUID's, but those are based off of unique CD Keys). 1 row is made for every player who has ever loaded into the game, and all we do is count the rows.

Congratulations on 1 million! Pretty damn cool when you think about it.

Edited by mhm
  • Like 1

Thats better than SWTOR.

EAT A DICK EA!!!, THE WORLD HATES YOU!

• Like 23

Is there a possibility to proof how many players got a AS50-TWS, Uzi_SD, M4A1_HWS_GL_SD_CAMO, Makarovsd and all kinds of G36?

This are all weapons which are not part of dayz, but in the last weeks it seems that plenty of players got it in their inventory

Edited by BlackBeret

Congratulations on hitting 1 million players!

(To be frank, I was hoping for a secret celebratory update or something :()

Edited by eel
  • Like 2

Can I get a heatmap of where players don't frequent? :)

Wouldn't people start to frequent there afterwards? :)

• Like 2

If loot maps exists then why not heat maps?

It is a sad fact that there are loot maps available. DayZ would have been so much better without them.

• Like 1

The development is complete, the problem is we need direct hive access and the server guys are not to keen on that right now because its already peaking and they don't want the extra load (even tho its super super super tiny as i built it well lol!). :(

Damnit I knew we would find someone to blame eventually! :P Make that hive a friggin monster ten times what it is now, we need it!!!!! On weekends my FPS is terrible and the only thing that can explain this is the hive loads just makes things crawl to a chug chug....

It is a sad fact that there are loot maps available. DayZ would have been so much better without them.

I agree but I also see that you can't really stop third party maps like DayZdb. I have chosen not to use them, well, except when I get extremely frustrated looking for a vehicle and even then i never find any where they say they may spawn.

Edited by Irenicus

Is there a possibility to proof how many players got a AS50-TWS, Uzi_SD, M4A1_HWS_GL_SD_CAMO, Makarovsd and all kinds of G36?

This are all weapons which are not part of dayz, but in the last weeks it seems that plenty of players got it in their inventory

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4941-six-launcher-easy-installupdate-findjoin-dayz-servers-worldwide-network/unread/

Can we get stats on how many servers are not going to be up next month due to having too many guys script hacking the game?

• Like 1

This game is about the players discovering everything for themselves, give us a heatmap of the players and a lot of "hiding" places will show up and interest people to go give that a look when they otherwise wouldnt have done that. It's bad enough all the vehicles, choppers, loot spawn locations WITH PERCENTAGES are already out there, basicly fucking over anyone still wanting to play in the "dark", because half the players already have all that info and thus any chance of spotting a vehicle or some actual discovery in this game is already very much hampered. And then the devs themselves want to give a map of player locations too ? hidden camps anyone ? That you cannot understand this probably makes you at least as big an idiot as me.

You think hotzone maps gonna show camps? It's already known where people place their camp. Go search there for less then 20 minutes and you find a whole fucking camp. People who want to play in the dark shouldn't search for those maps.

Why does all my equipment in my tent that I've put a lot of work into acquiring just get deleted. Please Respond.

Can we get a statistic on how long till the statistics are up? or leaderboards? I died a week ago to a hacker as you all know thrown up into the air on day 38 only to land and die. Would like to know if my 300+ hours got me at #1 or atleast top 10 since I used to be 16.

The

comes to mind when thinking about heat maps. Could something like this be rigged up using a sub-set of data that wouldn't provide much of a game play advantage and would just look freakin' pretty? What would it take to record bullet trajectories over a few servers over a few weeks? That, or go simpler with player deaths or zombie deaths. The trends would be obvious but a point cloud render of that might look neat.

You think hotzone maps gonna show camps? It's already known where people place their camp. Go search there for less then 20 minutes and you find a whole fucking camp. People who want to play in the dark shouldn't search for those maps.

Hot zone maps, if disclosed by central hive command, can and will be used in ways which are bad for this game. And no, i am not going to go into detail about this (because of exactly the same reasons).

And people who want the game to work as intended should not have to be fucked over by people exploiting information that should not be disclosed.